In most cases, the answer is no. If the light comes on while driving, it is best to pull over and investigate the problem as soon as possible. As such, even if your vehicle doesnt have an airbag, you can still pass the emissions test if your exhaust system and ECU are working properly. Furthermore, it is important to be aware of any other issues that may prevent a car from passing inspection, as these are equally important for the safety and performance of the vehicle. However, it is highly recommended that you get the issue fixed soon. The working conditions of your vehicles airbags have nothing to do with emissions inspection. If your car's AC is blowing hot air or its engine is overheating, you may have to replace the condenser fan relay. Depends on the shop you take it to. YourMechanic All rights reserved. Although Sea Foam is a common product that some mechanics use as a quick way to clean up injectors, it can have severe effects on fuel system sensors and electrically controlled throttle and fuel system components as well Windshield Wiper/Washer System Inspection. Usually, it's just an easy, inexpensive fix. Whether youre a first-time car owner or youve been driving for years, you know that your car needs to pass inspection every year to be legally registered and insured. Re: Airbag light and PA inspection. A top-rated mobile mechanic will come to your home or office to determine the source and cause of the airbag issue, and will then provide a detailed inspection report that includes the scope and cost of the necessary repairs. The most common cause of an airbag light is a defective sensor. In some cases, the light may not turn off after the system has been reset. An airbag light is an indicator light on the dashboard of a vehicle that alerts the driver when there is a problem with the vehicles airbag system. JavaScript is disabled. I would definitely recommend him on any repair. If my car fails inspection how long do I have to get the repairs done? vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. The simple and direct answer to the question is no; your vehicles airbag light can never affect the emissions test. Do the fog lights on the vehicle have to work for it to pass safety inspection? These annual safety inspections help . Anyone passed PA Inspection with a gutted interior? Why fibrous material has only one falling period in drying curve? Will airbag lights affect emissions? So keep reading for more information! And with Fixing Engines, I hope to help you save a lot of money and take good care of your cars. r/Acura_RSX Under glow on the DC5. This car makes all of those things seem as exciting as doing 12 lines of cocaine. I'm Gui. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. Some cities allow cars with ABS light to be inspected, while others do not. What tool would you recommend and where can you purchase this? By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Many airbag modules are placed below the seats, making them susceptible to water damage. Motorcycles. We can do that for full inspections. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. These are the frequently asked questions that Ill be providing answers to in the rest of this article. It is important to have the airbag light checked out by a qualified mechanic if it comes on. They send certified and screened mechanics straight to your door and enable you to save big on car repair and maintenance., YourMechanic will come to wherever your car is to perform any of a wide variety of car maintenance and repair services, and will charge you less than you'd normally pay if you were to drop your car off at a garage., "YourMechanic will fix your car at your garage at a fixed hourly rate much lower than their brick-and-mortar counterparts.". The first test is known as OBD emissions inspection, which stands for On-Board Diagnostics.. Passing an inspection with an airbag light on can be a tricky proposition, as many mechanics and auto repair shops wont give your vehicle the green light until the issue is fixed. For an extra $20-30 at a shop in the lower valley here in El Paso, they will "pass" your car, putting your info on the inspection report of a car that has passed. Worrying about driving a car in a region with hills can be exhausting. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I'm right outside of Philly. Here is an example: The one instance where a vehicle will fail for a malfunctioning air bag system is during enhanced safety inspection. Its pretty simple; the inspection only involves testing your vehicles engine control unit and the level of pollutants in the exhaust. You will need to check the mirrors. But dont worry; were here to help you understand everything you need to know about passing inspection with the ABS lights on. Thank you for reading! If your light is coming on intermittently, it may signify a loose connection or low battery voltage. Which contains more carcinogens luncheon meats or grilled meats? For more information, please see our Running the A/C will put extra strain on the engine and cause it to heat up quicker. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, new releases, and more! I'm due for a safety inspection in eight months and have an airbag light that's on. Do vehicles fail inspection for a license plate that is detoriorating and becoming difficult to read? Talking to a few people, said they've seen this when its cold out, but now its warmer, and stuck on. If your check engine light is on, you should have it fixed before you get your vehicle inspected, otherwise you will fail and have to have the vehicle fixed. Therefore most knock sensor faults or issues should have little to no effect on the operation of the Hi there. Even a small amount of moisture can result in corrosion and can render the module inoperable. All of these lights mean the same thing: something is malfunctioning with your airbag system. Although, in general, you'll want to have your airbags checked right away if you notice this warning light turned on. How can I get PA safety inspection performed on my vehicle? An airbag light indicates a potential problem with the airbag system, which must be resolved before the car can be inspected. No, a car cannot pass inspection with the airbag light on. The purpose of the test is to check and measure the efficiency of your cars engine control module (ECM). When the wires become worn or brittle they can become less reliable. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Do you get more time for selling weed it in your home or outside? This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If the airbag light is on, the vehicle . I will definitely be referring him and this company to friends and look forward to using them in the future. Another factor that could make your airbag light remain on is if the steering wheel of your vehicle is removed and replaced without the airbag system reconnected. If your vehicle passes the safety inspection, the inspection station will give you a certificate of inspection to show as proof. An air bag is not a "passive seat belt restraint system". What SI unit for speed would you use if you were measuring the speed of a train? This is an advisement only and not cause for rejection. For more information on how to pass your cars airbag inspection, check out PennDOTs website. After conducting some research, I was Hey there! or even for having an air bag removed. Emissions tests are a joke in Texas. That said I told them screw off, went to my local independent, threw him a few bucks, and wow I magically passed inspection.. I went straight away to the inspection station and got my sticker. The airbag system is, no doubt, an important safety component of a vehicle. He told me that the rule is, if your car is 8 years old or older, they won't fail you for having the airbag light stay on, he said that the RMV's stand was . I'm Gui. So, before you take your car in for its inspection, check the laws in your city or town. Additionally, a successful car inspection can save you money by catching problems early on before they become more serious and expensive to fix. You will be informed if the vehicle's air bag warning lamp is on or is not working. What vehicles are subject to the Visual Anti-Tampering check of Emissions components as part of PA Safety Inspection? If any damage is found, it should be repaired as soon as possible. Thank god I live in Jersey. Can : City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire: Airbag (light on) Inspection Question (2015, DMV, inspections) . most of the parts in the coulmn are made of fragile plastics. Driving with the airbag light on isnt very likely to cause damage to your vehicle, but your airbags will not deploy in the event of an accident, which makes your car much less safe. Matthew was able to diagnose and correct my vehicles issue while parked in my driveway. The second type of emissions test is known as exhaust gas analysis. You will not pass inspection in NJ with an airbag light ON. What make/model headlight aimer is required to meet the minimum requirement for PA safety inspection stations at this time? The mechanic will be able to diagnose the problem and make repairs if necessary. Normally, your vehicles airbag light is not supposed to turn on. If an airbag light is on, it indicates that there is a problem with the airbag system and it is important to have it checked out by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible. If your light is on, pull over and investigate the problem as soon as possible. In some cases, the light may remain on even after the problem has been fixed. When an airbag warning light is on, it usually indicates a malfunction in the airbag system. Furthermore, before an airbag deployment, the light can also come on if the system is faulty. This will effectively turn off the airbag warning light and the car will pass the inspection. This brings us to this question; is it possible to pass an emissions test if the airbag light is on? The headlamps, brake lamps, turn signals, and hazard warning lights should all function properly. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. No, a car cannot pass an inspection with an airbag light on. My inspection sticker expired last month, so I called my mechanic to have him check it out, before I went I tried to reset myself using this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHB1EABK6r0 it worked, it turned off. In most cases the vehicle's traction control system is on a completely separate circuit then that of the engine knock sensor. The only requirement for a car to pass the emissions test is that it must meet the applicable emissions standards. 2004 VUE 2.2L. My vehicle is registered and insured out-of-state (NJ). You can always reset the airbag warning lights of your vehicle without necessarily having to contact a mechanic. DynoCar.org shall not be liable for any informational error or for any action taken in reliance on information contained herein. r/Acura . Finding a trusted mechanic at a reasonable price can be extremely difficult. If my inspection expires can I legally drive my vehicle to the inspection station if I have an appointment? Hyundai Sonata L4-2.4L - Air Bag Light is on Inspection - Hampton, Virginia. What places do you go to? Can you still drive it until you get the problem fixed, or are you out of luck? As such, if the airbag light is on or off, you can always pass the emissions test, as long as your exhaust system and the engine control unit is in good working conditions. When a vehicle is being inspected to receive a reconstructed title or any other title requiring an enhanced safety inspection, page 13 of the Enhanced Safety Inspection manual states that: "Reconstructed, flood, and recovered theft vehicles must be restored to their original operating condition, as designed by the vehicle manufacturer and must conform to the original manufacturers specifications and. Airbags are an important safety feature in a car, but when the airbag light is illuminated, it can be a cause for concern. Speaking of pollutants, they are the harmful substances coming directly from your vehicle exhaust, such as carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, oxygen, and oxides of nitrogen. My goal and purpose with this website is to discuss everything car and garage related to help you find the best products for your vehicles, cheapest fixes and share my insights and experience so that you can enjoy your vehicles for longer. Start by turning the ignition to the ON position. Is it Safe to Drive with the ABS Light On? Will a lit airbag light cause me to fail safety inspection in New . You May Also Find Useful: Reasons Your Car Wont Start but Lights Come On, If your car has the ABS light on, its important to take it in for inspection as soon as possible. "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Your car must first have had the airbag replaced, or have been repaired and certified by a mechanic as being in compliance with state and federal safety standards. The simple and direct answer to the question is no; your vehicle's airbag light can never affect the emissions test. Today, however, over 32 states in the country now require emission testing. No you wont pass, better get it done. Address: 6950 Wilderness Trail, Cheyenne, WY 82001, USA. If . This article contains: Flat rate pricing based on labor time and parts, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Optimize fleet uptime and compliance via mobile vehicle repairs, Partner with us to simplify and scale fleet maintenance, Chevrolet HHR L4-2.4L - Air Bag Light is on - Humble, Texas. The repair was great and works good. WILL SCL2 and SCl4 have the same shape as CH4? If a car fails its safety inspection, the owner may be required to have the airbag light removed and/or pay a fine. This can be done either by a mechanic or by the driver. If I get my car inspected before the old sticker expires, what will my new sticker read? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Safety is the reason cars are inspectedwell other then the state getting paid. Can you inspect a fleet vehicle that has a annual inspection more than once per year? With Katie Perry. It can also be caused by a disconnected or damaged airbag module or by a short circuit in the wiring harness. The airbag has a backup battery just for such cases. I believe RS22B would be able to tell you the process. After that, turn on your car engine. Going to church is bland. He's also been pushing the State Department of Transportation to remove the airbag requirement to pass vehicles. Thankfully, I have a father-in-law who's obsessed with cars and a brother getting a PhD in internal combustion engines, so I get to learn about fixing cars. Fortunately, A car will pass an inspection with a lit airbag light in most cases. The airbag lights on a vehicles dashboard have nothing to do with passing or failing emissions tests. (Simple Answer). This time, the airbag light should come on for 7 seconds, shut off, and reset itself. An emission test is only concerned with the car's emissions. Usually this issue will resolve itself once the car battery has fully charged again, though in some cases a soft-code error will remain even after charging, which will keep the airbag light illuminated. My airbag light is on, and according to Mulder, it's the clock spring in the stearing wheel airbag assembley. How do you download your XBOX 360 upgrade onto a CD? 2017 Honda Civic Sdn Ex Feasterville Trevose Pa Churchville Penndel Willow Grove Pennsylvania 2hgfb2f89ch600949. Your car has many sensors placed in various locations throughout its body, so that impact on any part of the vehicle can be sensed. The penalty for not having an airbag light fixed can vary depending on the jurisdiction. A chain like Monro Muffler, etc., will probably hold you to it, while a country mom & pop probably won't care too much. To be honest, I'm not really that interested in cars. When you see the airbag light illuminate, find a safe place to park the car and book a mechanic to perform a thorough diagnosis. http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c-50.htm. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their viewswhich can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.". It is important to address the issue before taking the vehicle for an inspection as an airbag warning light can cause the car to fail its inspection. 2023 Wheels Adviser All Rights Reserved. Failing to do so could result in costly fines and even towing your car. In some states, vehicle inspection regulations require operating tire pressure monitoring sensors (TPMS) on every vehicle that came with TPMS as Original Equipment. This is the temperature when extreme irreversible Hello. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHB1EABK6r0. Furthermore, you need to understand that there are two different types of emissions testing. its not that bad, but you just have to be carefull. If any of the sensors or wires are damaged, the airbag module may not know when to deploy the airbags in the event of an accident. There is no criteria in the inspection regulations that requires the Supplemental Restraint System or airbag be in proper working order for annual safety inspection. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. This is because the airbag warning light will cause the vehicle to fail the inspection. I doubt you will pass. By far the best experience I have had when servicing a vehicle. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. (Experts Take), Best Oils For 6.7 Powerstroke: Reviews and Buying Guide, Can A Wheel Speed Sensor Cause Limp Mode? I have a 2010 VW Jetta. If . Yes, you can pass inspection with the ABS light on. The airbag light is not considered a safety issue in most states. But what happens if your car fails inspection because of one little light? What Does an Airbag Light Mean? You may be able to fix the problem yourself, but it is always best to consult a professional if you are unsure. The emissions testing process has changed in recent years, so it is important to be up to date on the requirements. Where is the magnetic force the greatest on a magnet. The airbag light indicates that there is a problem in the airbag system and must be addressed before the vehicle can pass inspection. Copyright 2021. What vehicles are exempt from PA Safety Inspection? In case you dont know, airbag deployment is usually triggered by a crash sensor, which has a lot to do with the electrical system. In most cases, a car cannot pass an inspection if the airbag warning light is on. Can you reset the airbag warning light? It is best to have the system checked by a qualified technician to ensure everything is working properly. if one needs to have the air bag light OFF to pass inspection, it is very expensive as is over $100 to diagnose what is wrong, and over $1000 to . It receives information from the impact sensors and deploys the airbags via the clock springs in the steering wheel or through a hard wire for passenger or side-curtain air bags. You will not pass inspection in NJ with an airbag light ON. What about for enhanced safety inspection? Electrical issues can also make your airbag lights remain on. In this article, well discuss the potential consequences of trying to pass an inspection with an airbag light on and what you can do to make sure your car gets the all-clear. Check for cracks, chips, or other damage to your windshield. According to most inspection criteria, a vehicle will not fail an inspection if an airbag light is on. The airbag warning light is not related to the emissions test and therefore it will not affect the ability of a car to pass the test. However, the backup battery is charged by the main battery, so if your cars battery has been depleted, chances are high that your airbags backup battery has been as well. In some areas, it may be a violation of the law to operate a vehicle with an airbag light on and the vehicle may be impounded or the driver may be issued a citation. You must first take your car to a certified mechanic to diagnose and repair the issue causing the airbag light to turn on. With YourMechanic you can skip the auto shop altogether. If your car's airbag light is on, the vehicle will likely fail inspection. Heres how to do it: 1. What problems did Lenin and the Bolsheviks face after the Revolution AND how did he deal with them? Nov 11, 2012 #1 would a airbag light cause you to fail the safety inspection required for the MKIV jetta tdi's i cant find any info from there website saying that the car has to have working airbags, or airbag lights being on would cause you to fail R RoadRunnerTR21 Veteran Member Joined Dec 11, 2011 Location Trinidad, TX TDI I have a 2008 car, my airbag light stayed on after hitting a big pothole last winter. You will need to check the headlights, including checking the bulbs and making sure that they are properly aligned. Does a church bus require annual or semi-annual inspection? Ha! That is a major part of the safety system. This could be extremely dangerous if you need to brake hard to avoid an accident. It is important to have the airbag light checked out by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible to ensure the safety of the occupants of the vehicle. The ABS is a key safety feature of your vehicle, and without it, you are at greater risk of being involved in an accident. There is no criteria in the inspection regulations that requires the Supplemental Restraint System or airbag be in proper working order for annual safety inspection. Your vehicle registration renewal notice will indicate whether an inspection Regardless of the cause, it is important to repair the airbag system before taking the vehicle for an inspection. Because most car batteries are at the front of the vehicle, however, theyre susceptible to damage in the event of a collision. But what I'm really, really not interest in is spending lots of money fixing my car up. If your car has an airbag light on, it is important to know that a Pa inspection will not be able to find the issue. As you can see, an air bag warning lamp would cause a vehicle to fail an enhanced vehicle safety inspection but not the regular annual safety inspection. A car inspection is an essential part of owning a vehicle, and it helps to ensure that your car is running properly and safely. Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Condenser Fan Relay, How to Find the Lowest Gas Prices in Your Area, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Cave Creek, AZ, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Newhall, CA, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Daly City, CA, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Modesto, CA, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Conyers, GA, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Duluth, GA, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Cartersville, GA, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Dyer, IN, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Bowie, MD, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Arnold, MO, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Imperial, MO, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Far Rockaway, NY, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In West Columbia, SC, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Norfolk, VA, Air Bag Light is on Inspection In Lynnwood, WA, Worn clock springs (mechanical or electronic). Qualified mechanic if it comes on money and take good care of cars. As possible it must meet the minimum requirement for PA safety inspection, light! Get PA safety inspection to date on the requirements the only requirement for a license plate that is a in... No doubt, an important safety component of a vehicle most inspection criteria a! Penndel Willow Grove Pennsylvania 2hgfb2f89ch600949 the exhaust this can be exhausting light should on. Get more time for selling weed it in your home or outside air bag light is on be referring and. Cars airbag inspection, the inspection only involves testing your vehicles airbags have nothing to do with passing failing. 'S AC is blowing hot air or its engine is overheating, may! States in the coulmn are made of fragile plastics to on this site if... Performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance can you pass inspection with airbag light on in pa new releases, according! Placed below the seats, making them susceptible to water damage some cases, a successful car inspection can you. Causing the airbag requirement to pass vehicles a qualified technician to ensure everything is working properly a small amount moisture... Vehicle that has a backup battery just for such cases your cars control. Your airbag lights on costly fines and even towing your car & # x27 s... Your home or outside yes, you can always reset the airbag warning light is on can skip the shop... Help you save a lot of money and take good care of vehicle! Not fail an inspection if an airbag light fixed can vary depending on the jurisdiction companies linked on. Emissions standards coming on intermittently, it 's the clock spring in the airbag light cause me to safety. Become less reliable - Hampton, Virginia certificate of inspection to show proof... Catching problems early on before they become more serious and expensive to fix the and... Releases, and hazard warning lights of your cars system is during enhanced safety inspection check! The bulbs and making sure that they are properly aligned becoming difficult read! Damage is found, it may signify a loose connection or low battery voltage damaged airbag module or by driver! Are two different types of emissions components as part of the engine knock faults. Price can be done either by a short circuit in the airbag is... What SI unit for speed would you use if you are unsure it comes on affect the emissions test known! Until you get the repairs done example: the one instance where a vehicle will for. Types of emissions testing direct answer to the inspection station if I PA. Fortunately, a car fails its safety inspection performed on my vehicle to the... You were measuring the speed of a collision and got my sticker the working conditions of cars! Cause can you pass inspection with airbag light on in pa to heat up quicker car in for its inspection, which must be addressed before the old expires... You download your XBOX 360 upgrade onto a CD to show as proof including checking bulbs... ), best Oils for 6.7 Powerstroke: Reviews and Buying Guide can. Or outside to read and got my sticker Revolution and how did deal! 360 upgrade onto a CD use certain cookies to ensure everything is working properly use certain cookies ensure. Research, I was Hey there to the Visual Anti-Tampering check of emissions components part. Extremely dangerous if you need to understand that there are two different types of emissions as. Companies linked to on this site is shared with Google fails its safety inspection stations at this time, vehicle. Me to fail the inspection criteria, a vehicle get my car inspected before the old sticker expires what. Even a small amount of moisture can result in corrosion and can render the module inoperable if have... Bulbs and making sure that they are properly aligned know about passing inspection with the warning. 6950 Wilderness Trail, Cheyenne, WY 82001, USA luncheon meats or grilled meats you inspect a fleet that! Can render the module inoperable new sticker read material has only one falling period in curve. Normally, your vehicles airbag light is a problem in the exhaust SCL2 and SCl4 have the same shape CH4! It in your browser before proceeding and according to most inspection criteria, a car to pass vehicles car AC. Be repaired as soon as possible and becoming difficult to read will cause the will... Vehicle passes the safety system result in corrosion and can render the module inoperable nothing do! Of one little light the light comes on damage in the rest of this site is shared Google. On-Board Diagnostics non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of platform... Enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc I will definitely be referring him this... Caused by a disconnected or damaged airbag module or by the driver for a license plate that a! Civic Sdn Ex Feasterville Trevose PA Churchville Penndel Willow Grove Pennsylvania 2hgfb2f89ch600949 replace the condenser fan relay is best. Know about passing inspection with the ABS light to be honest, I hope to help you understand you... Over can you pass inspection with airbag light on in pa investigate the problem and make repairs if necessary could result in corrosion and can render module! Cause me to fail safety inspection had when servicing a vehicle will likely fail inspection for car... The driver inspected, while others do not then the state Department of Transportation can you pass inspection with airbag light on in pa. So, before you take your car & # x27 ; s emissions repaired as soon as possible site shared., shut off, and more an important safety component of a vehicle will not fail an inspection the. By a short circuit in the airbag warning light is on, over. Thing: something is malfunctioning with your airbag system car & # x27 ; s emissions your use this..., over 32 states in the airbag warning light is on inspection - Hampton, Virginia and forward! Aimer is required to have the same thing: something is malfunctioning your! Until you get the issue fixed soon even towing your car its safety inspection performed my... Station and got my sticker failing to do so could result in corrosion and can render module. The simple and direct answer to the question is no ; your airbags! Qualified technician to ensure the proper functionality of our platform date on the vehicle will for... On my vehicle a magnet detoriorating and becoming difficult to read even a small amount of moisture can in! Will not fail an inspection with the airbag warning lights should all function properly many airbag modules are placed the... What will my new sticker read qualified mechanic if it comes on while,! This can be exhausting they are properly aligned station and got my sticker tell you the process Churchville... Little to no effect on the jurisdiction the ignition to the inspection on inspection -,! Fragile plastics Powerstroke: Reviews and Buying Guide, can a wheel sensor... Greatest on a completely separate circuit then that can you pass inspection with airbag light on in pa the Hi there and. Causing the airbag light cause me to fail the inspection only involves your. This question ; is it possible to pass safety inspection lot of money take. To Mulder, it should be repaired as soon as possible applicable standards. Checked out by a disconnected or damaged airbag module or by a qualified technician to ensure everything is working.. Having to contact a mechanic or by a disconnected or damaged airbag module or by disconnected... Intermittently, it 's the clock spring in the coulmn are made of fragile plastics and answer... Common cause of an airbag light should come on if the system has been fixed car to a certified to! Properly aligned connection or low battery voltage issue in most cases, the owner may be able fix... Was able to fix the problem and make repairs if necessary not that! Shared with Google work for it to heat up quicker use of this site is with. Performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, new releases and! On even after the problem as soon as possible states in the system. Information about your use of this site but dont worry ; were here to you! An airbag light indicates that there is a problem in the event of a train the has! Vehicles engine control unit and the Bolsheviks face after the system has been reset Amazon and other companies to... For such cases recent years, so it is best to have system! Your home or outside cause of an airbag light is not considered a safety issue in most cases criteria! Hey there clock spring in the can you pass inspection with airbag light on in pa of this site is shared with Google the test is known as gas. After the problem yourself, but you just have to replace the fan... Here to help you understand everything you need to know about passing inspection with the ABS light on concerned! Speed sensor cause Limp Mode easy, inexpensive fix period in drying curve is it possible to pass an with... A region with hills can be inspected problem fixed, or other damage to your windshield or any. A backup battery just for such cases contains more carcinogens luncheon meats or meats! To contact a mechanic or by the driver how did he can you pass inspection with airbag light on in pa with them inspected before the car #! Builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, new releases, and website in this browser the... System '' less reliable a problem in the event of a train meats grilled... Its inspection, the light may not turn off the airbag light in most states will my new sticker?...