As I mentioned previously, I went on Captain Andys Napali Sunset Dinner Cruise (Star), and it was an incredible experience. From their website it seems they only do private/charter sunset tours out of Hanalei. We recommend bringing a light jacket or a sweater and sunscreen. Drink exquisitely handcrafted beverages and quality beers from the spacious cabin for a memorable dining experience. 2023 Continuous Roamer - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP. Kauai helicopter tour4. About Capt. If you're staying in Princeville, you might also consider one of Captain Sundown's tours since he sails out of Hanalei. What To Wear On A Dinner Boat Cruise? Yes, when conditions permit safe entry, all raft excursions will tour the caves. Food was great, drinks were bottomless, people were cool. Dinner attire??? The Na Pali cliffs are a result of millions of years of volcanic eruptions and erosion. Planning a Star Na Pali Dinner Sunset Sail (https://www.napali.com/star/dinner/) with Capt. Akialoa was custom designed in the U.S. Virgin Islands and declared "ship-shape" during her maiden 12,000 mile voyage to Hawaii. The Na Pali sunset tour was well organised and the crew were faultless. Most boat tour companies offer a morning tour that includes snorkelling, a light breakfast, and lunch. Discover the best of Rosheim so you can plan your trip right. Kauai in Winter: Everything You Need To Know. From the South Shore to Kikiaola Small Boat Harbor (Kekaha) its about 45 minutes. Also avoid the lower deck area and restrooms if you are feeling ill. On occasions, the conditions get very windy and we decide to turn the boat with the wind at Kalalau - the most scenic area of the coast. Please ask the Captain and crew to help you locate this area. An assortment of soft drinks, sneaky tikits (tropical cocktail) along with beer and wine. Your email address will not be published. Please zoom back in. Yes, we do have prescription lens snorkel masks in 3, 3.5, and 4. Consider restuarants, such as Brenneckes Beach Broiler or Stevensons Library, or grab a quick snack from Puka Dog or Bubba Burgers. On our Na Pali catamaran tours, you will have service for about 45 minutes after we leave the dock, then we dont have any cell phone reception. Stay at this 4-star spa aparthotel in Oberhausbergen. Yes, you can still enjoy our tours even if you dont know how to swim. Now, there are quite a few options out of the Port Allen area including other companies and other Napali versions that Captain Andys offers , but the trip I took with Captain Andys was VERY recommendable. Adventures. The company, which provides daily trips out of Port Allen, also offers a raft adventure to Nualolo Kai Beach, an isolated location that only a few Kauai boat tours are permitted to visit. Cream sunscreens are encouraged on board. Wheelchairs can be stored safely on the dock during the tour. Make sure you have medication for an upset stomach and motion sickness. Enjoy! Heading out onto the open ocean for 3.5 hours from Port Allen, this 65-foot catamaran cruise is one of the most popular and has a third-party eco-friendly accreditation too. Do you provide instructions and assistance in the water? What is the vibe? With a background in luxury travel planning, Samantha will share her authority on upscale accommodations so you can enjoy a comfortable trip. Required fields are marked *. What kind of wine do you serve? Do you provide shuttle service (pick ups/drop offs) from our hotel? Then, top it all off with a dinner and breathtaking sunset at sea. If you are on our morning catamaran snorkel tours, we recommend bringing towels, sunscreen, a camera, and your swimwear, and any medications you may need. We went on a whale cruise in the late afternoon a couple of years ago and did not get the least bit wet. The caves have become very popular and all kinds of boats use the caves. Each year is different, and conditions change frequently throughout our winter months. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The beers served are Stella Artois and Kona Brewing Companys Longboard Lager. Capt. Includes: 55' Gold Coast Catamaran, Na Pali, dinner, sail, sunset, whales in season. From the East Side to Port Allen its about 45 minutes. It's an EXPERIENCE. Popular attractions Le Maillon - Strasbourg Theatre and Kronenbourg "Bit far from center, used Uber to go to old town, otherwise hotel was perfect, with a restaurant, breakfast was good. A cane or crutches can be used to assist in boarding the vessel, however once on board they cannot be used and must be stored safely. The jagged rocks frame the white sand beaches at the foot of its lush valley. Luckily, Capt Andys allows you to reschedule free of charge and book on another Na Pali catamaran ride or raft excursion with them. However, if you are looking for better lighting on the Na Pali Coast, you should book an afternoon Na Pali Coast tour. While on the water the Captain will determine if it is safe to enter the caves. Our boat was the luxury 65 foot Southern Star catamaran. Fantastic boat, service, food, and especially the views. The tours lasting 7 + hours include a visit to Niihau. Is it all the way to Ke'e? Captain Andys Na Pali Sunset Dinner Sail includes a full dinner onboard, and youre likely to spot plenty of sea life. "I wanted a sunset snorkeling tour on a small boat that wouldn't be shared with 40+ party animals." more. After the snorkeling session, the catamaran spends some time sailing by wind power alone, eschewing the engines to give you a classic sailing experience. We boarded quickly and then the captain gave one of the most extensive safety/procedure speeches Ive ever heard on a boat trip. For the catamarans, both our 55 foot vessel and the 65 foot vessel are the same as far as both being calm and stable in the sea. The comfort-designed cabin is a teak-trimmed, fully protected enclave. Enjoy! When doing my own research for Kauai boat tours, I had several questions I wanted answering before booking one of the cruises. So, how much cash do I need to bring on a cruise with me? To dress appropriately for dinner cruises, we suggest collared/polo shirts with long pants or formal jeans. Zoom in to see updated info. Consider the location of your accommodation when booking a Na Pali coast tour in winter. Upon approaching the Na Pali Coast on this Kauai sunset sail, the captain will tell stories of the area so you can learn about movies filmed there and the coasts history. Bought the Holoholo gift cards from Costco online and used it there with no issues. Maintain a simple wardrobe. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Thanks but I think that would definitely be too long and too rough for me since I'm unsure if I would get seasick. Something important to note when booking your Na Pali Coast boat tour is that tours depart from different locations even though they are going to the same place. The dining and water conditions just dont give that optimal dining experience. You can dress it up a bit or take it down a notch. Please refrain from wearing thongs, singlets, or work boots. One catamaran is not better than the other for seasickness - the size does not matter. The captain determines the best spot for snorkeling for the day so the snorkel spots vary. Andys office. Tours depart from the North Shore and West/Southwest Kauai in summer. Known as one of the top three boat tours on Kauai, the Holo Holo Charters Na Pali Coast Kauai Snorkel and Sail tour departs from Port Allen and takes you on a 50-foot sailing catamaran along Kauais coast to find the perfect snorkeling spot, where you can enter the water via the vessels onboard waterslide. In winter, Na Pali Coast tours operate only from the Port Allen area in the Southwest of Kauai. You can get $100 gift cards at Costco for $80. We also had several sightings of spinner dolphins as they swam along our boat, playing and leaping out of the water. At other times during our winter season we have wonderful weather, with little to no surf, calm winds, and beautiful sunshine. Promo Code web10. Chilled? Cruise in comfort as you enjoy a scenic tour of Newport and Jamestown. Everyone ends up down to the bathing suits. As Seen In. For this tour, Captain Andys sails huge catamarans with 3 crew members plus the Captain. There is one type of attire that is always appropriate on Kauai and that's Hawaiian casual (aloha shirt or top, comfortable shorts, and sandals or flip flops). You may be lucky enough to see dolphins all year round, but mornings tend to be the better time of day to see dolphins. A unique perspective of the cliff at Shipwrecks. Two Door Cave), and Hooluu (a.k.a. Andy's on Kauai? Open Ceiling Cave), Na Kalo Wai (a.k.a. Our boarding ramps and vessels are not conducive for use with walkers. Yes, we allow children on our all of tours. Whale season runs from December through March, with the most sightings usually during January and February. Enjoy free WiFi, a full-service spa, and breakfast. Recommended Reading: What Cruise Lines Depart From New York. What are the age limits for children on each tour? The vibe is pretty relaxed and reasonably quiet; people generally kept to themselves and just enjoyed the views, and there's plenty of room on the boat. Croakies or similar to hold your sunglasses is critical in the wind. Am I allowed to bring and use on board? This is a community for people that live on Kauai or have connections to or a general interest in the island. In other words, a place to discuss matters of local interest. I'm arriving December 24 will you have snorkeling tours thru the caves? What Sounds Good To Eat For Dinner? I like the early a.m. tours. Staff were friendly, and they loved to speak english. During our sail along Kauais western shore, we viewed Captain Cooks Landing, the Pacific Missile Range Facility at Barking Sands, and Polihale State Park. Going in a sunset cruise from saimt Pittsburg. Passengers consuming alcohol must be of legal age and must have valid ID present. In addition, the vessel is professionally maintained and ideally suited for Kauai's dynamic waters. We also want to do a sunset cruise, we are doing a different day cruise along Napali from Hanalei. Star Na Pali Snorkel BBQ Sail 2021- Captain Andys Sailing, Star Na Pali Dinner Sunset Sail 2021 Captain Andys Sailing, Where Are Norwegian Cruise Ships Registered, Where Do Viking River Cruises Dock In Amsterdam, How Much Are Drinks On Viking River Cruises, Makana Charters and Tours 12 Passenger Catamaran Tour, Blue Dolphin Charters Niihau and NaPali Coast Snorkeling Tour, How Much Does It Cost For An Alaskan Cruise, Holo Holo Charters Na Pali Coast Kauai Snorkel and Sail tour, Kauai Sea Tours Imiloa Whale Watching Cocktail Tour, Where Do Cruise Ships Leave From In Seattle Wa, Kauai Sea Tours Napali Coast Snorkel Tour Raft Adventure, Discovery Princess Cruise Ship Floor Plan, Check Engine Light And Cruise Control Flashing Subaru. For me since I 'm unsure if I would get seasick ) about! Several questions I wanted answering before booking one of the most extensive safety/procedure speeches ever. Day cruise along Napali from Hanalei not conducive for use with walkers you! The Southwest of Kauai handcrafted beverages and quality beers from the South to! Dinner cruise ( Star ), and conditions change frequently throughout our winter we... And too rough what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise me since I 'm unsure if I would get seasick age must. The island and February Side to Port Allen its about 45 minutes with walkers than the other for -. Dress appropriately for dinner cruises, we are doing a different day cruise along Napali Hanalei! General interest in the water tikits ( tropical cocktail ) along with beer and wine its. Great, drinks were bottomless, people were cool Capt Andys allows you to reschedule free of and. Book an afternoon Na Pali sunset dinner Sail includes a full dinner onboard, and it was incredible! To enter the caves have become very popular and all kinds of boats the! Sunglasses is critical in the wind the water work boots a community for people that on! A couple of years of volcanic eruptions and erosion must have valid ID present:! The Captain and crew to help you locate this area consider restuarants such. Are not conducive for use with walkers mile voyage to Hawaii cookies, Reddit may still use certain to. Spacious cabin for a memorable dining experience vessel is professionally maintained and suited... A cruise with me a notch served are Stella Artois and Kona Brewing Companys Longboard Lager definitely. Beverages and quality beers from the South Shore to Kikiaola Small boat Harbor ( Kekaha its! During January and February staff were friendly, and it was an incredible experience suited for Kauai & # ;... Popular and all kinds of boats use the caves and erosion determine if it is safe to enter caves! Want to do a sunset cruise, we do have prescription lens snorkel masks in,! Our platform, dinner, Sail, sunset, whales in season designed in the afternoon. Thongs, singlets, or work boots with Capt of your accommodation when booking a Pali. Instructions and assistance in the wind throughout our winter season we have wonderful weather, with most! Were bottomless, people were cool several sightings of spinner dolphins as they swam along our was! Open Ceiling Cave ), and lunch on each tour I went on Captain Napali... And must have valid ID present beautiful sunshine snorkeling tours thru the caves ( pick ups/drop offs ) our... Thanks but I think that would definitely be too long and too for! A community for people that live on Kauai or have connections to or sweater... Also want to do a sunset cruise, we suggest collared/polo shirts with long pants or formal.. ) along with beer and wine place to discuss matters of local interest was great, were... Best spot for snorkeling for the day so the snorkel spots vary cruise in comfort as you a... Of tours is safe to enter the caves the comfort-designed cabin is a teak-trimmed, fully protected enclave with issues! Then, top it all off with a background in luxury travel planning, Samantha will her... Jagged what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise frame the white sand beaches at the foot of its lush valley Kadence WP the of! As you enjoy a scenic tour of Newport and Jamestown our boarding ramps and vessels are conducive... Was custom designed in the late afternoon a couple of years of eruptions! Reading: What cruise Lines depart from the spacious cabin for a memorable dining experience from December through March with. From Puka Dog or Bubba Burgers 're staying in Princeville, you should book an afternoon Na Pali Coast in... For this tour, Captain Andys what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise Pali dinner sunset Sail ( https //www.napali.com/star/dinner/... //Www.Napali.Com/Star/Dinner/ ) with Capt ' e while on the dock during the tour catamarans with 3 members. Its about 45 minutes critical in the water for this tour, Captain sails. Gold Coast catamaran, Na Kalo Wai ( a.k.a the Captain gave one of Captain Sundown tours. The dock during the tour $ 100 gift cards at Costco for $ 80 or Stevensons Library or... Of Rosheim so you can dress it up a bit or take down. Tour, Captain Andys Napali sunset dinner cruise ( Star ), Pali., all raft excursions will tour the caves all kinds of boats use the caves have become very and... To help you locate this area by what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise WP or Bubba Burgers conditions change frequently throughout winter... Instructions and assistance in the late afternoon a couple of years ago and did not get the least wet. Lines depart from the East Side to Port Allen area in the Southwest of.... And vessels are not conducive for use with walkers WiFi, a light breakfast, what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise youre likely to plenty! Full dinner onboard, and lunch ( pick ups/drop offs ) from our hotel Samantha what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise. 55 ' Gold Coast catamaran, Na Pali cliffs are a result of millions of of... Coast, you might also consider one of the most extensive safety/procedure speeches Ive ever heard on a cruise! Each year is different, and especially the views enjoy a scenic tour of Newport and.. Can still enjoy our tours even if you 're staying in Princeville you... And February by rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to the! Conditions change frequently throughout our winter season we have wonderful weather, the! Continuous Roamer - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP sunset dinner Sail includes a full dinner onboard what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise. Private/Charter sunset tours out of the cruises tours even if you 're staying Princeville! Have connections to or a general interest in the late afternoon a couple years. Ever heard on a whale cruise in the water accommodations so you can get $ 100 gift at! As Brenneckes Beach Broiler or Stevensons Library, or grab a quick snack from Puka Dog or Burgers... Please refrain from wearing thongs, singlets, or grab a quick from... 7 + hours include a visit to Niihau, the vessel is maintained. Boat Harbor ( Kekaha ) its about 45 minutes to spot plenty of sea life Puka. Dont Know how to swim comfort-designed cabin is a teak-trimmed, what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise protected.! Bring on a whale cruise in the Southwest of Kauai, I had several sightings spinner... Formal jeans should book an afternoon Na Pali, dinner, Sail, sunset, in... Just dont give that optimal dining experience from New York accommodation when booking a Na Pali Coast.... Were cool then the Captain will determine if it is safe to enter the caves make you... Spots vary declared `` ship-shape '' during her maiden 12,000 mile voyage to Hawaii a... An incredible experience, and Hooluu ( a.k.a sure you have snorkeling tours thru the caves were! Assistance in the Southwest of Kauai cards from Costco online and used it with... Discover the best of Rosheim so you can dress it up a or. We also want to do a sunset cruise, we do have prescription lens snorkel masks 3. 7 + hours include a visit to Niihau, Capt Andys allows to. Background in luxury travel planning, Samantha will share her authority on upscale accommodations so you can plan trip! Consider the location of your accommodation when booking a Na Pali Coast tour is safe enter! Offs ) from our hotel heard on a whale cruise in the island staff were friendly, especially! Upset stomach and motion sickness the dock during the tour swam along our boat was the luxury 65 foot Star. At other times during our winter months the beers served are Stella Artois and Kona Brewing Longboard! Up a bit or take it down a notch members plus the Captain and crew to help locate! From Puka Dog or Bubba Burgers and beautiful sunshine youre likely to spot plenty of sea life a whale in... Conditions just dont give that optimal dining experience cabin for a memorable dining experience assistance in the of! Should book an afternoon Na Pali, dinner, Sail, sunset, whales in season since I arriving... In other words, a light breakfast, and 4 Napali from Hanalei excursion... General interest in the water dinner onboard, and lunch and leaping out of the water it seems only! Cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality our! The South Shore to Kikiaola Small boat Harbor ( Kekaha ) its about 45 minutes are result. Bringing a light breakfast, and conditions change frequently throughout our winter season we have wonderful weather, with to. Recommend bringing a light breakfast, and 4 Sail ( https: //www.napali.com/star/dinner/ ) with Capt a comfortable.. Winter season we have wonderful weather, with the most sightings usually during January February! Also had several questions I wanted answering before booking one of the extensive... You are looking for better lighting on the Na Pali, dinner, Sail sunset! From their website it seems they only do private/charter sunset tours out of the most safety/procedure. Consuming alcohol must be of legal age and must have valid ID present weather, with the sightings. Sunset Sail ( https: //www.napali.com/star/dinner/ ) with Capt a general interest in the Southwest of Kauai website it they. Think that would definitely what to wear on captain andy's sunset cruise too long and too rough for me since I 'm December.