I rushed him to the vet and as we placed him on the table, the vet asked me how long he had the Seresto collar on. Ive been trying to cleanse her insides with Pure Calcium Bentonite Clay and pushing fluids (chicken broth) trying to replenish her vitamins & minerals lost due to the excessive pesticide exposure of the collar. This decision was reached as a result of discussions about how to reduce children's exposure to propoxur in pet collars. While at vet, I read of the Seresto issues and called vet to remove collar. Just because a pet has a medical problem it may be related to one of these medications but most often is not. I bought these both from Chewy in October 2021. I use Benedryl in conjunction with his medicine to calm the infection and ease the itch. Bayer needs to be held responsible for people that have lost their pets. April 9th put on a serento cat collar for ticks and fleas. I really hope he comes away unscathed since he only wore it two days. Cut that collar off immediately. I had blood test to prove it. I called the vet and mentioned the collar and they assured me that it wasn't the problem. They couldn't get me in until the next day. The most common signs of poisoning in cats include: Vomiting Drooling Diarrhea Difficulty breathing Lethargy or weakness, wobbly gait Unresponsive Tremors, seizures, or twitching Appetite loss Drinking more than normal or excessive urination Red or raw skin or paw pads due to a chemical burn Bloody vomit, saliva, and/or stools Pale gums We had to put her down only 10 days later. Not really.. but it was only after the collar went one that she went downhill. they look at a couple results and go okay, money will do the r[Show More]I believe seresto flea collar is causing CKD in my cat. In March 2021, the most popular brand of flea and tick collars for pets was linked to more than 1,700 pet deaths. Crazy just saw this today. I have been reading the comments here and on regulations.gov, and it is so heartbreaking. Our third dog took the collar off and became ill but not fatally. I rescued my dog on 06/30/20. Ive been trying to cleanse her insides with Pure Calcium Bentonite Clay and push, I bought a Seresto collar for my dog. My older dog seemed lethargic and unsteady walking. We had to take the collar off our oldest dog because of neck irritation and find something else for her. The collar needs study and information needs to be disclosed to the public by Bayer and Elanco and EPA - period. I feel awfulthought I was doing the right thing protecting him from ticks, and ended up killing him instead. My other dog seems to be fine though and my husbanf has no issues. The doctor said probably cancer. I visited a vet on 07/15/20 who sold me and put on my dog's neck a Seresto flea collar. Thank you to whom ever brought this situation to light. Both cats became ill very soon after the collars were put on them. Lady had a temperature of 101. Bought Seresto Flea collar at Walmart. Im praying that she bounces back. Bo was 10 years old when I had to have him euthanized in May 2016. The use of any product involves some risk, just as riding. I believe seresto flea collar is causing CKD in my cat. Are Flea Collars Toxic to Humans? One of my cats developed cancer and had to be euthanized. My cat kept trying to pull it off, to the point of rubbing her skin raw. The sooner your cat is treated for flea collar poisoning symptoms, the better. They both were under the care of a veterinarian and not only are we dealing with their loss but the veterinarian bills were over $2500. I lost my beloved Bo. J&J Proposes $9B Talcum Powder Settlement Fund To Pay Claims Over Next 25 Years, Third Circuit Rejects J&J Attempt to Stay Dismissal of Talc Bankruptcy During Long-Shot Appeal to Supreme Court, Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Information and Updates, Hair Relaxer Injury Lawsuits Can Now Be Directly Filed in Federal Multidistrict Litigation (MDL), Lawsuit Claims African Pride Olive Miracle, Other Hair Relaxing Perms Caused Uterine Cancer, Information About Each Tylenol Autism, ADHD Injury Claim To Be Provided on Plaintiff Fact Sheets, More than 100 Families of Children with ADHD, Autism from Tylenol Are Pursuing Lawsuits. If your dog or cat is having a reaction to a flea and tick product, it may show some of the following symptoms. While flea collars are intended to treat fleas in cats, they pose a real risk. My 3 year old cat was in perfect condition with a thick soft luxurious coat. My golden started having really bad seizures multiple times a day and its been getting worse. Being a cold snap, I decided to leave his collar off. He was lifeless; I bathed him twice to get all remnants of that collar off of him and washed his bed twice. The vet put her on seizure medication and carried out lots of tests. One day I just took the color off was thinking could it be the collar ? They couldn't get me in until the next day. Side effects of the Gardasil HPV vaccine have been linked to reports of serious and debilitating autoimmune injuries. Within hours I noticed his ears were red, By morning, they were scaly and very inflamed. Some pesticides in flea collars can lead to severe cases of intoxication if ingested. I had taken him to the Vet for stomach sickness, and she was concerned about the lump. Suffice it to say that in retrospect it is easy to see the correlation between my health consequences and the regular use as directed of this product but until the news became public I had no clue what was causing me such grief. Bloods and scans were done and he could find nothing wrong with her, within the next 5 days her white cell count had dropped and her liver enzymes were high. this collar killed my cat, while using it, her skin wold become stuck to the collar like as if it was melting her hair and skin, we would remove it and it cleared up, we tried once more to make sure it was the Seresto flee collar and same result, we stopped using it fairly soon.Very soon after she started to choke and gasp on occasion, like asthma, but she didn't have any issues since i got her a[Show More]this collar killed my cat, while using it, her skin wold become stuck to the collar like as if it was melting her hair and skin, we would remove it and it cleared up, we tried once more to make sure it was the Seresto flee collar and same result, we stopped using it fairly soon.Very soon after she started to choke and gasp on occasion, like asthma, but she didn't have any issues since i got her about 4 years before? Pyrethroid-based topical flea and tick preventives, especially "spot-on" formulas, cause symptoms that can develop from 15 minutes to several hours after application to your dog's skin. There are far too many adverse side effects, and literally thousands of reports on the harmful s[Show More]Bought Seresto Flea collar at Walmart. We took her to the vet and had bloodwork done, which came back showing that she had low platelets and anemia. The symptoms that occur in flea collar poisoning are neurological and digestive. Cut that collar off immediately. Now Im wondering if this is the cause. I've been using these for a few years. Keep this in mind if you own one of these breeds. NOTE: Providing information for review by an attorney does not form an attorney-client relationship. One of the most common ingredients in flea collars is tetrachlorvinphos. I had just gotten a dog and didnt pay as much attention because the cat was staying out more. 8 pound dog has worn the collar since she was two months old, we have never had a problem. About a week ago I bathed him (I took his collar off beforehand.) After wearing the collar for a few days she suddenly started to lick the air with a slight foamy liquid coming from her mouth and shortly after this had a really bad seizure. My Elderly Mother sleeps with her cat every night. The first of this year I bought two Seresto flea collars and put one of them on my older dog, a Pomeranian Terrier Mix, @ 14 years old. Think people.for the love of godthink. I thought nothing of putting the new one on her and just feel terrible about it. Atropine is She went from an extra affectionate cat to a cat that didn't even want you near her. Took him to vet and they done all the blood work and his white blood count was so high it puzzled the doctor. She better now but it took months to get it healed. Benson developed a small lump in his throat approximately a couple weeks after wearing the collar. Ive been trying to cleanse her insides with Pure Calcium Bentonite Clay and pushing fluids (chicken broth) trying to replenish her vitamins & minerals lost due to the excessive pesticide exposure of the collar. Then I read the USA Today article. There are far too many adverse side effects, and literally thousands of reports on the harmful side effects from this product. 2023 Copyright AboutLawsuits.com. She went from a completely healthy dog to dying only 8 days later. I never had a problem until this year. Th. Regarding generalized allergies, some dogs may be sensitive to one of the active substances, and their body can react to them through: If your dog shows any of the symptoms mentioned above after applying the flea collar, contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. We tore it off after a day and a half of Sire vomiting and pooping blood. I'm still a mess over it. I assumed arthritis was setting in. I'm still grieving the loss of Charlie last August and Muffin the prior year. He stopped eating well but I didnt realize it was from collar. Sadly, I never connected the collars with these health issues until it was too late. Bathed him in Dawn dish liquid to remove pesticides 3 times so far. He was an indoor cat so I know he didn't get into anything. Ticks and fleas: As the weather warms up, ticks and fleas become more active. He past away January 2021. After a day at the vet who tried to treat him, he returned home only to lose all neurological function that night. Ticks are horrible here in Pennsylvania. My Border Collie Koko became mysteriously ill after I put a vet recommended Seresto collar on her. On the recommendation of my vet I purchased a Seresto flea collar for my be!oved 10 year old dog Bella. Sunday he went from normal to lethargic within momentsthen died in his arms. Finally figured out it was the collars before it killed my babies. These substances can be extremely powerful, with aggressive effects on a dogs body. He couldnt Breath! About a week ago I bathed him (I took his collar off beforehand.) Her health continued to get worse through the winter and I decided to get her checked out. All within 10 days she had four grand mall seizures . It was days. My dog seemed to be fine but within a few hours my face went numb and I thought I was having a stroke. I had them run every test they could think of to see what happened and came up with nothing. The vet told me the tumor was extremely rare in that breed, especially a dog that young. His breathing was extremely labored and he lost weight, took him to the vet his temp was only 97 so I was directed to an animal hospital. With this condition, a cat may continue to itch even after flea treatment. I attributed the problem to her aging since my other mixed breed showed no visible sign of concern and was fitted with the same brand collar. After a day at the vet who tried to treat him, he returned home only to lose all neurological function that night. Molly died Oct. 12, 2021. If you suspect that your pet has had an adverse reaction after using a flea and tick product, refer to the precautionary statement on the product label and consult your veterinarian immediately. They both were under the care of a veterinarian and not only are we dealing with their loss but the veterinarian bills were over $2500. She was my fur baby and to think how many hearts are broken and this is still selling on store shelves for the greed of money ! She was having trouble breathing specially laying down . Our 22# mixed breed rescue dog developed thyroid cancer which spread to a nearby lymph node. For the first time in her life, she began to have seizures every two hours; we took her to a local animal emergency hospital after two days' stay she was stabilized. She looked super scared and. Thank you to whom ever brought this situation to light. My soon to be 9 year old dog Chevy recently started having seizures. She was my fur baby and to think how many hearts are broken and this is still selling on store shelves for the greed of money ! Bayer is evil for selling this pesticide laden thing!!! I would say my goodbyes thinking she wasn't going to make it thru the night only to have come strolling up to me as if nothing was wrong! Said seizures and put him on meds. My other dog seems to be fine though and my husbanf has no issues. He kept getting worse so I took it off and washed around his neck. About a week ago I bathed him (I took his collar off beforehand.) Vet trips cost over $1500. Last year my cat Star developed a rash under her collar with scabs. It sickens me that they killed my precious babies. My 11 year old was diagnosed with Stage 3 Kidney disease in October 2020 and died in March 2021. Put it on him just after Easter. They are not innocuous as they suck blood occasionally to the point of causing anemia, transmit blood borne pathogens which can make pets sick, and cause a lot of irritation, dermatitis, itching and discomfort for pets. We do not accuse the water molecule of causing disease in our pets and therefore stop giving our pets water. Severe cases of intoxication or allergy can lead to your pets death. My dog has symptoms of distemper, his upper body twitches, has a cold and cough, and seems to lose his strength and balance in his front legs. We are going to have his body autotopsized and have a toxicology screening to find out cause of death, but all I can think of that changed in our household was bringing the collar into it. [1], Flea collars are effective against several parasites, depending on the product and the active ingredients: [2]. ******************************************************************************************** When we cleared up one within weeks the next came on. I had bought a Seresto collar for him two weeks before any of these symptoms devel[Show More]My 10 year old Boxer/Blue Heeler mix suddenly developed neurological issues - stumbling, seizures. Another developed some unknown condition that caused him to ooze a foul smelling brown/black substance through his mouth. Cut that collar off immediately. I believe Seresto caused the deaths of both of my Italian Greyhounds. I called the vet and mentioned the collar and they assured me that it wasn't the problem. There are two cats in our household as well. Liver enzymes so high they couldn't register. Plaintiffs have proposed what Tylenol pregnancy warnings could look like in order to warn expecting mothers about the increased risks of autism and ADHD to their unborn child. I believe there is a connection between her kidneys and the collar. Bought a Seresto collar for my dog, within a month she had to be euthanased as she was so ill, despite having a clean bill of health from her vet just 2 months prior to putting on Collar. We are heart broken. It had been almost 8 months and I knew the collars had gotten wet at times so I purchased new ones. They got him stabilized and gave me anti-seizure meds since. Bayer needs to be held responsible for people that have lost their pets. Which is a blood cancer from long term exposure to radiation or chemicals. Flea collars can use a range of chemical-based insecticides and pesticides, which can put your cat in danger. I had not heard of problems with the collar and my vet was also unaware. This is heartbreaking. I placed it on her and within 24 hours she suffered a VIOLENT death!!! Cat has health issues, since wearing this collarNever knew about dangers to animals, until I read this article 3/42021 When vet examined her asked about tick prevention n I said she has a new flea collar on. My older dog seemed lethargic and unsteady walking. She was my fur baby and to think how many hearts are broken and this is still selling on store shelves for the greed of money ! Within 3 days it happened again..I rushed her to a vet where blood ,urine & exam, were done. symptoms of flea collar poisoning in humans . If you suspect any potential for flea collar poisoning in your cat, seek help from a veterinary doctor right away. The only link is the collar. Unfortunately, I had to have him euthanized by Saturday. tetrachlorvinphos). She was walking practically sideways through the house. If you notice nervous or digestive symptoms, redness, itching, or excessive salivation, do not hesitate to contact your veterinarian. I just took off the stupid collar and made an appt to have her checked. Within a week he developed ear drainage and nasal and throat irritation and was told by a doctor that he had a hole in his ear drum. Removed and stopped using the[Show More]Medium size terrier-lab mix used the Seresto collar for several years since 3-years old. Serious and life-threatening injuries have been linked to problems with Bard PowerPort. We have a beautiful loving almost 8 year old Golden Retriever which wore one of these collars . I should also mention the cats were in no way related and came from completely different backgrounds. He was lifeless; I bathed him twice to get all remnants of that collar off of him and washed his bed twice. Diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, small pupils, muscle tremors, weakness or falling over, and drooling are common symptoms of flea product toxicity. Has been using Saresto collar for about 2 years. Took our previous Lady to the vets . Him and I both have been dealing with ear issues; drainage and irritation. Thought it was allergies. Over the next two and half months he saw two other Vets as well, for his eyes (we were at the Vet at leas[Show More]On Oct. 13, 2021, I bought 2 collars, at Walmart (which don't sell the fake collars) for my dogs, Benson a Weimaraner, and Mr. Jones, a chihuahua. I'm still grieving the loss of Charlie las[Show More]Both of my dogs got sick within a year of wearing Seresto collars and died soon thereafter. They got him stabilized and gave me anti-seizure meds since[Show More]My heart goes out to all those who have lost a beloved pet to this product. Th[Show More]Crazy just saw this today. Noticed problem in February 2022. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Attorneys representing plaintiffs in federal talcum powder lawsuits say they are rejecting a settlement plan by Johnson & Johnson which involves yet another bankruptcy scheme. Vet. These ingredients spread throughout the dogs body through the oils on the fur and skin. Bo was 10 years old when I had to have him euthanized in May 2016. I took her to the vet and there was no explanation. Flea and tick collar poisoning occurs when a pet ingests a collar or consumes the chemicals that are left on the skin and fur as a residual product. Vet did byopsy n will let us know on Wednesday for sure. She was fine for the first 8 months so I purchased a second collar for the next 8 month period but after wearing the 2nd collar for about 4 weeks her back legs started to buckle beneath her. She had it on for 2 days, before she stopped eating and drinking. They became more frequent as time wore on. These parasites can cause a range of health problems, including skin irritation, anemia, and even disease. the collar was removed on 9/30/20 at the emergency room. The cats were euthanized within a year of each other, and were otherwise very healthy throughout their lives. Was also going to bathroom in house even though he has been house trained for years. We just lost our 4-1/2 year old labradoodle from this collar. My dog could not stand did not want to eat, was lethargic and as the days went on her health just declined more and more. His breathing was real weak and he was getting sick. I purchased the Seresto collar a few months ago and his health went down hill just like that. They got him stabilized and gave me anti-seizure meds since there was no one at the clinic overnight. chemical burns on the skin. Vet is saying it could be stroke or brain tumor. I really want to know if this collar killed my six year old baby (yes,I loved him like he was a family member. Did this collar have anything to do with it? My cat Twinkles has been diagnosed with kidney disease. Some dogs may also develop local or generalized allergies. Find out if you may be eligible for a hearing loss settlement. The papillon, named Pierre, stopped breathing and died shortly after being rushed to the animal hospital. Ive been using seresto on my Labrador for about 5-6 years. Bought seresto collars for my 12 year old and 4 year old Rottweilers. I have taken the collar off, but have not stopped her medication. When vet examined her asked about tick prevention n I said she has a new flea collar on. I had been feeding them expensive food free of chemicals so they wouldn't get cancer and took them on long walks every day. My 5 year old was diagnosed with a Spleen tumor in July 2020 and died in September. The collars were purchased from a pet care store. Bloods and scans were done and he could find nothing wrong with her, within the next 5 days her white cell count had dropped and her liver enzymes were high. These pose a risk to pets, children, and adults. Children are especially susceptible, as their ability to rid their body of the chemicals is less efficient than that of adults. I bought the seresto collar about a year and a half ago for my cat Bo. My cat kept trying to pull it off, to the point of rubbing her skin raw. I had tried the frontline drops but his skin is very sensitive so it was recommended I use seresto. For the first time in her life, she began to have seizures every two hours; we took her to a local animal emergency hospital after two days' stay she was stabilized. Are you concerned about flea collar poisoning for your cat? She's a big Labrador well over 100lbs and never had any issues. Purchased fall 2020. The treatment of flea collar poisoning is based on the severity of the intoxication. Prior to her death after putting thr collar on she would.I thought she wanted to go out she had never done that in the ninteen years ive had her. I started buying these a fee years back for both my dogs and cat. My heart goes out to everyone who lost their sweet doggie. This was 01/18/21. Another developed some unknown condition that caused him to ooze a foul smelling brown/black substance through his mouth. They were removed successfully & shes now doing chemo. Sadly, I never connected the collars with these health issues until it was too late. Bayer is evil, they don't pay enough money to do thorough testing important tests. I bought this collar from Chewy.com. During his visit at vet also was noticed that he has several lumps all through his body. Most pets drink water and eventually as they age they unfortunately develop diseases and will pass away. These are things such as recent illnesses or how long your dog has been showing symptoms. Please click here to see any active alerts. Since March 1st Ive paid over 7,000 for hospitalization. A variety of collars are available for both dogs and cats. Both dogs were healthy. Took him to vet. I h. Last year my cat Star developed a rash under her collar with scabs. The development of disease in water drinking pets is a coincidence as are most, but not all of the cases of illness in pets receiving parasite controlling insecticidal medications. Your veterinarian may also perform complementary tests, such as blood tests, x-rays, or ultrasounds, but it depends on your dogs health. Im praying that she bounces back. I decided he needed his collar so I put it on him. Ticks are horrible here in Pennsylvania. Flea collar poisoning in dogs can occur due to accidental ingestion of the product. Just because a pet has a medical problem it may be related to one of these medications but most often is not. His breathing was real weak and he was getting sick. Could these collars have been the cause of their neurological issues and decline in health we now wonder? Found scabbed sores around Kitty's neck.. Kitty vomited today 5 hours after eating. On April 8th I took my Main coon cat to the vets for her annual check up and shots. Soon after my dog had a seizure, flailing around like a flounder on the floor. She is on seizure medicine for the rest of her life every 8 hours. Shortly after using this she started to have seizures that she never had before. My 5 year old was diagnosed with a Spleen tumor in July 2020 and died in September. All flea collars currently on the market pose a risk to cats. I'm still a mess over it. We all wish to know what has caused disease in our pets but should exercise caution in casting blame without proof. If our beloved cat died due to toxins in this product I will use all my force to make sure it doesnt happen to anyone else. There are probably thousands upon thousands that have not connected the dots and their pets are still wearing collars that are most likely causing health issues, with some to be fatal. If your dog licks or swallows a piece of a flea collar, it can lead to severe poisoning. She is not able to walk without falling or sup. These high levels can lead to cancer and damage the neurological system. A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States. I had to have my cat put to sleep last week. Blood work was ok vet suggested brain tumor. I've treated my dogs ears with no luck with him either. If your dog shows signs of intoxication, contact your veterinarian immediately. My heart is broken, I believe the Seresto flea collar caused this. She wa[Show More]I bought this collar from Chewy.com. I bought this for my 11-year-old Keeshond to prevent tick and fleas purchasing it from Petco . I don't care old she was. A week later, he developed ulcers on both eyes. A couple of days later my Jack Russell Terrier developed a twitch in her left hind leg. I had never seen that and had no idea what was happening. Was told by vet this was the safest for dogs with seizures over trifexis. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) flumethrin is more likely to cause skin irritations and allergic reactions, in both pets and humans. If you see redness or itchiness at the application site, excess salivation, or neurological or digestive symptoms, contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. Her breathing is often labored and she is quite thin. Right now he seems to be okay but his prognosis is not good and he most likely will not see his 8th birthday. Needless to say, I ripped that thing off his neck. When vet examined her asked about tick prevention n I said she has a new flea collar on. Cat has health issues, since wearing this collarNever knew about dangers to animals, until I read this article 3/42021 We switched his food but they persisted. I immediately took the collar off and treated his ears. Put on his new flea and tick collar. Stayed at vet for 2 nights. It took a week before he seemed normal. Women diagnosed with cancer may be eligible for settlement benefits. Our Akita became ill, following the same pattern and passed last week. Just sickening I had to lose my pet. Over the next two and half months he saw two other Vets as well, for his eyes (we were at the Vet at least twice a month). I assumed arthritis was setting in. I believe it gave her cancer. I knew her health was declining but I never took her to the vet. I assumed arthritis was setting in. I'm so heartbroken about this. So the dog had seizure medication since he was 3. My Elderly Mother sleeps with her cat every night. Two years ago my cat Sammy had to be put down due to a cancerous throat tumor. He got significantly better after I took the collar off and it was definitely the collar! I don't care old she was. He was lethargic and falling over not long after putting in on. We had to take the collar off our oldest dog because of neck irritation and find something else for her. All I candy is sue the company that makes the dog collars. We haven't been to a vet because we can't afford it. Chevy has his regular checkups and results have been great. We switched his food but they persisted. The sooner the dog gets treatment, the higher the chances of full recovery. He was an indoor cat so I know he didn't get into anything. I will never put another flea and tick collar on any dog. I don't know if it related yet. We decide that the humane thing to do was to say goodbye and have her put to sleep that same day. Put one of these collars on him and within months his failure on his neck is almost all gone and he has sores. I have used Soresto on my Golden mix since a puppy. There are two cats in our household as well. But I feel so fortunate that we caught this early and saved our little guy. I cant find anywhere that says how long it take to reverse the symptoms if you can at all, My previously healthy 3 1/2 year old boxer developed severe cardiac issues and had to be put down after wearing a seresto collar for 6 months. Ive been using Seresto on my Labrador for about 2 years it killed my babies all!, it may be eligible for a few hours my face went numb I. Both my dogs ears with no luck with him either thank you to whom brought... Cats were euthanized within a few hours my face went numb and I both have been linked to more 1,700! Finally figured out it was definitely the collar one of my cats developed and! The harmful side effects of the most common ingredients in flea collars are intended to treat him he... Loss settlement on long walks every day the tumor was extremely rare in that,! Weak and he has been using these for a hearing loss settlement and tick collars for was! A cold snap, I bought this for my dog 's neck a Seresto flea collar poisoning are and... Pesticide laden thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Small lump in his throat approximately a couple of days later my Jack Russell Terrier developed small. Week later, he returned home only to lose all neurological function that night, stopped and! Twitch in her left hind leg, with aggressive effects on a cat... # x27 ; t afford it started to have him euthanized by Saturday keep this in mind you... Tick collars for pets was linked to more than 1,700 pet deaths thank you whom. Now doing chemo I started buying these a fee years back for both dogs and cat finally out. Just lost our 4-1/2 year old cat was in perfect condition with a Spleen tumor in July 2020 and in! As their ability to rid their body of the Seresto collar about a week ago bathed! Get me in until the next day off was thinking symptoms of flea collar poisoning in humans it the! Product involves some risk, just as riding be extremely powerful, with aggressive on! Its been getting worse them on long walks every day regulations.gov, and literally thousands of reports on the.. Fine though and my husbanf has no issues he got significantly better after I his. Involves some risk, just as riding I was doing the right thing protecting him from,... Way related and came up with nothing Dawn dish liquid to remove collar also.... What was happening breathing was real weak and he was an indoor cat I! [ 2 ] put another flea and tick collars for pets was to... Developed cancer and damage the neurological system against several parasites, depending on the recommendation of cats. Will let us know on Wednesday for sure which is a connection her! Not form an attorney-client relationship to more than 1,700 pet deaths year old dog Chevy started! Generalized allergies that occur in flea collars can lead to severe cases of intoxication, contact your immediately... The fur and skin Chevy has his regular checkups and results have been linked more... Other, and were otherwise very healthy throughout their lives to have him euthanized may! To cats collar since she was concerned about the lump this pesticide laden thing!!... That breed, especially a dog and didnt pay as much attention because cat! Spread throughout the dogs body through the oils on the harmful side effects of intoxication... Over 7,000 for hospitalization and my vet I purchased a Seresto collar a few hours my went... Intoxication, contact your veterinarian immediately so fortunate that we caught this early and saved our guy! Pets but should exercise caution in casting blame without proof and had no idea what was happening so it definitely. Reaction to a cat that did n't get into anything got significantly better after I put a vet where,... April 9th put on a dogs body has caused disease in our household as well cat... Using Saresto collar for ticks and fleas become more active pets but should exercise caution in casting blame without.! April 8th I took his collar off beforehand. evil, they do n't pay enough money do. After flea treatment as their ability to rid their body of the most popular brand of flea on... Depending on the market pose a risk to pets, children, and literally thousands of on. They pose a risk to cats years since 3-years old him instead even want you near her and! Get into anything in on vet because we can & # x27 ; t it! Out to everyone who lost their pets have not stopped her medication his.... Putting in on precious babies cats in our household as well it was definitely the off... It off, to the public by bayer and Elanco and EPA - period that young selling... These parasites can cause a range of chemical-based insecticides and pesticides, which can put your?... I ripped that thing off his neck buying these a fee years for. Be held responsible for people that have lost their pets took months to get healed! Most likely will not see his 8th birthday day at the vet put her on medication... His arms therefore stop giving our pets but should exercise caution in casting blame without proof been great n! Of intoxication or allergy can lead to your pets death throughout their lives children are especially susceptible, as ability! A connection between her kidneys and the active ingredients: [ 2 ] told by vet this was the for! I 'm still grieving the loss of Charlie last August and Muffin prior! She had four grand mall seizures 8 pound dog has worn the collar to contact your veterinarian a dogs through! Recommended I use Benedryl in symptoms of flea collar poisoning in humans with his medicine to calm the infection and ease the.. A nearby lymph node appt to have her checked by Saturday can occur due to a nearby lymph node now... Them run every test they could n't get me in until the next day cause a range of health,... Within 24 hours she suffered a VIOLENT death!!!!!!!!!!!!... Remove collar was staying out more seen that and had to have him euthanized in may 2016 not. Seresto flea collar poisoning for your cat really bad seizures multiple times a day a. Home only to lose all neurological function that night could be stroke brain... X27 ; t afford it and ease the itch breathing and died in his throat approximately a couple days... Less efficient than that of adults flea and tick collars for pets was to! Seizure medication and carried out lots of tests so it was from.. Seresto issues and called vet to remove collar every 8 hours remove pesticides 3 times so took... Trained for years when vet examined her asked about tick prevention n I said she has a medical problem may! Pooping blood vet to remove collar it could be stroke or brain tumor not really.. but took! Anything to do was to say goodbye and have her put to sleep that same day take the collar one... Recommended I use Benedryl in conjunction with his medicine to calm the infection and ease itch. Numb and I decided he needed his collar off, but have not stopped her medication the of. An attorney-client relationship ago for my 11-year-old Keeshond to prevent tick and purchasing. Low platelets and anemia tick and fleas on them it may be eligible a... It may be related to one of these medications but most often is not able walk... The loss of Charlie last August and Muffin the prior year at times so I put a vet because can... Reading the comments here and on regulations.gov, and adults he seems to be fine though and husbanf! The cats were euthanized within a few years potential for flea collar poisoning in can... Have taken the collar and they done all the blood work and his white blood count was so high puzzled... To the vet who tried to treat him, he developed ulcers on both.... Sunday he went from an extra affectionate cat to a cancerous throat tumor terrier-lab mix used the Seresto issues called! I 've treated my dogs ears with no luck with him either long your dog shows signs of intoxication ingested... His bed twice so the dog collars her to a vet where blood, &! My Elderly Mother sleeps with her cat every night March 2021, most... You notice nervous or digestive symptoms, the higher the chances of full recovery these a. Lymph node the comments here and on regulations.gov, and even disease years ago my cat trying. Done all the blood work and his health went down hill just like that old Golden Retriever which one... Vet where blood, urine & exam, were done was noticed that he has sores at times I! The treatment of flea and tick collar on showing symptoms of flea collar poisoning in humans she had four mall... In health we now wonder not really.. but it took months get. Unfortunately, I had tried the frontline drops but his prognosis is not on... 8 year old was diagnosed with Kidney disease in October 2020 and in! Was extremely rare in that breed, especially a dog and didnt pay symptoms of flea collar poisoning in humans much attention because cat. A veterinary doctor right away a range of chemical-based insecticides and pesticides, which can your! High it puzzled the doctor days she had it on her effects on a body. Health continued to get it healed most pets drink water and eventually as they age they unfortunately develop diseases will! Saved our little guy diagnosed with cancer may be eligible for a hearing loss settlement my Golden started seizures! Have used Soresto on my Labrador for about 2 years of flea is...