The Heels star revealed in March 2019 that he decided to leave Arrow after eight seasons so he could spend more time with his family. Weeks after their second wedding, the pair confirmed that they were expecting their first child. Stephen Amell. The family took a trip to Disneyland and the Maldives. I told my wife, I had a really bad panic attack., Credit: Courtesy of Cassandra Jean/Instagram, Comic book writer Tee Franklin accused Stephen and Cassandra of being racist after he continued to host his Howd You Do It? podcast following the death of George Floyd. The couple discussed their collaboration during a panel at the ATX TV Festival in mid-June. Ive really been struggling with the end of the show,he said. Because you sound like a f--king a--hole., Credit: Berlanti Tv/Dc Prods/Kobal/Shutterstock. Please delete your account. In the space of two years, Cassandra Jean made appearances on shows like Las Vegas, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Hannah Montana, One Tree Hill, among others. In addition, a couple of relatives held distinguished positions as Lieutenant Governor of Ontario and in the Canadian Parliament. He began working with the brand as an Editorial Intern in early 2020, before later transitioning to a freelance role, and then staff positions soon after. Stephen and Cassandra tied the knot a second time in front of their family and friends in New Orleans. In the case of Stephen Amell, his opinions have landed him in hot water several times. Both went peacefully. Stephen Amell is a Canadian actor who is most popular for portraying the famous DC Comics character Green Arrow in the super hit series. Stephen Amell and wife Cassandra Jean Amell have been together for a decade, but a lengthy relationship especially under the glare of the spotlight brought on by celebrity comes with its fair share of highs and lows. Stephen Amell is the only child to his parents and does not have any siblings. We won't post to any of your accounts without asking first. I think she did a good job., That same month, he celebrated their anniversary with a gushing Instagram post. As his IMDb credits demonstrate, Amell first found work in his home country, appearing in such Canadian-made series as . Although it didn't work out for Carolyn, Amell seems to have finally found his true love later on and now, seven years down the line, Amell is enjoying his life with his loving wife and adorable daughter. In fact, his wife has even traveled with him to Comic Cons and starred in panels with him. On 26th May 2013, Jean announced the marriage via a cryptic tweet; You know whats fun? For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews Subscribe on YouTube! The couple's set of photos featured snaps from a recent trip to London, beginning with a photo of Stephen holding his and Cassandra's second child together on an airplane as Cassandra looks on and smiles. A post shared by Paul Blackthorne (@paulblackthorne). They exchanged vows again in May 2013. Stephen is currently married to the love of his life, Cassandra Jean Amell. His cousin, Robbie Amell, joined the DC Comics shared universe in 2015 as a recurring character on The Flash. Stephen Amell and Cassandra Jean Amell are showing off their baby boy! He recalled, I cant believe it took five years for this to happen, but I was out in a bar in Syracuse having a really good time watching the UFC fights. [23] Amell returned to Raw in early August; after being assaulted in the audience by Stardust, Amell got into the ring to attack him until being contained by security. Stephen opened up about how the airplane fight added stress to his relationship in an August episode of the Inside of You With Michael Rosenbaum podcast. New Orleans.. Their relatives have been the mayors of several cities including Waterloo and Berlin (now known as Kitchener). Weeks afterArrowwrapped production, Stephen cut short a recording of Michael Rosenbaums podcast,Inside of You,after suffering a sudden panic attack. "I'm excited no, I'm not excited, I'm very excited!" In January 2012, it was announced that he would play the role of Oliver Queen inArrow. As previously mentioned, Jean played the role of Nora Fries in Arrow. Stephen Amell became the 2nd Canadian actor to play Casey Jones in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie or TV show. Stephen and Cassandra met in 2011 after his divorce from his first wife Carolyn Lawrence, to whom he was married from 2007 to 2010. Such was the case when the Flash debuted in feature films with actor Ezra Miller instead of The Flashtv star Grant Gustin. Do you have any other trivia to share about Robbie and Stephen Amell? [18], His first post-Arrow project was announced in August 2019 as Heels, a Starz drama series set in the world of independent professional wrestling. How old is Stephen Amell? Amell also appeared in subsequent Arrowverse franchise media, along with reprising his role in various video games. I was asked to lower my voice and I did. The child model still participated in school activities, including sports. After six months, the couple filed for divorce. During the next round, host Tyra Banks ordered Jean to cut her hair shorter, and she tried to book an appointment for Jean at the hairdresser. It was not an argument," the Toronto native admitted. [29] On the day of the show, Amell joined the Bullet Club faction, and teamed with Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, and The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) in a five-on-four tag team match. The actor later responded to the report, tweeting, "My wife and I got into an argument Monday afternoon on a Delta flight from Austin to LA. Much of it was caused by keeping his sexual orientation a secret. According to multiple reports, he and his wife, Cassandra Jean, quietly welcomed their second child, a baby girl, last month. Being a superhero takes its toll. On 23rd June 2021, Stephen reacted to reports that hed been ejected from a Delta flight following a drunken exchange with his wife. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. A post shared by Colton Haynes (@coltonlhaynes). However, Stephen is not the only member of his family to bring to life a favorite comic book character. In 2013, Robbie shared with Access Online that he would love to take on the role of Batman and make a cameo appearance on Arrow. [podcast_block]. [41] The couple have a daughter Maverick, nicknamed Mavi, who was born in October 2013. Stephen acknowledged via Twitter at the time that he got into an argument with his wife but claimed that he left the flight immediately after being asked to do so, rather than being removed against his will. In 2015,Stephen shared his views on the arrest of 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed for allegedly bringing a fake bomb to his school. In the case of Stephen Amell, his job translated into his first acting gig. Whether it was a recurring role on "O.C." The role lasted for two episodes and officially launched his acting career. In an interview withPeople Magazine, he recalled, When I was a kid, I did a bunch of print work and commercials It didnt seem weird to me. Stephen and Cassandra met in 2011 after the star's divorce from his first wife, Carolyn Lawrence. Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. Hugh Jackman (Actor) Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Net Worth & Bio, Joel Edgerton Age, Height, Weight, Girlfriend, Net Worth & Bio, Kenny Baker Age, Death, Height, Weight, Wife, Net Worth & Bio, Christopher Lee Age, Death, Height, Weight, Wife, Net Worth & Bio, Ian McDiarmid Age, Height, Weight, Net Worth & Bio, Ewan McGregor Age, Height, Weight, Girlfriend, Net Worth & Bio, Jasmeet Singh Bhatia (Actor) Age, Height, Weight, Net Worth & Bio, Hayden Christensen Age, Height, Weight, ex-Girlfriend, Net Worth and Bio, Pooja Hegde (Actress) Age, Height,Net Worth & Bio, Priyanka Chopra Age, Height, Weight, Boyfriend, Salary, Net Worth & Bio, Unsolved Mysteries season 1 review Netflixs, Graduate from St. Andrew's College (Aurora, Ontario). The couple divorced in 2010. Bigger Feelings, he wrote. Approximately 10 minutes later I was asked to leave the flight. It's not the best," Stephen explained. However, in the early stages of its development, the movie got a much needed financial boost for crowdfunding. [jwplayer ykrWE3Uw-l3ahXupL] As heseemed like the obvious choice for the role, Amell viewed this potential role as a final straw for his acting career. One Kid. They started seeing each other January 1 . or her voice work for "Kingdom Hearts," Willa Holland has maintained a steady amount of work. Citing sources, TMZ who was first to report the news said that the couple's second child was born in Los Angeles, California, in May. Although his cousin Stephen got his acting start in his twenties, Robbie found his calling at a much younger age. However, today Stephen Amells wife is popular model and actress Cassandra Jean Amell, whom he has been married to since December of 2012. If David Ramsey is as much like Diggle as he appears to be, that's precisely how he likes it. Though all is well, that ends well because it seems like her riveting love life eventually led her to her true love. However, a follow-up 2011 film, Justice for Natalee Holloway, expanded on the story to include van der Sloots arrest. He married Carolyn in 2007 at a function in Toronto. It was great. Following the conclusion of Arrow, Amell landed the lead role on the Starz drama series Heels (2021present). [19] In December of the same year, it was announced that short-form streaming platform Quibi were developing a spin-off series starring Amell and his cousin Robbie Amell, developed from their crowd-funded film Code 8. The newborn made his social media debut on Friday as the Arrow star, 41, and wife Cassandra, 36, shared a joint post on Instagram. He was married to Carolyn Lawrence from 2007 until they divorced in 2010. Amid his overlapping personal and professional lives, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows star found himself embroiled in controversy on more than one occasion. It turns out, Cassandra, who is a former model, was also one of the reasons he decided to leave the hit CW show for good after eight seasons, since he wanted to spend more time with his family(per The Netline). At the time, Just Jared reported the "ceremony was officiated by a good friend of the couple" and that they later traveled to St. Bart's for New Year's celebrations. Us confirmed in January 2013 that they wed on Christmas Day the previous month in the Caribbean. I was not forcibly removed. Stephen Amell has also won the Slammy Awards Celebrity Moment of the Year award for SummerSlam (2015) apart from winning another MTV Fandom Award for Ship of the Year (shared with co-star Emily Bett Rickards), again, for Arrow (2016). Kylie Jenner Commands Attention in Lace Bra at Coachella: Photos, Ariana Madix Spotted Making Out With New Man at Coachella, Party Pic! Stephen was previously married to Carolyn Lawrence from 2007 to 2010. Credit: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/AP/Shutterstock. Amell married actress and model Cassandra Jean on December 25, 2012, in a private ceremony in the Caribbean, and for a second time in New Orleans on May 26, 2013. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. Stephen and Cassandra secretly tied the knot in December. When first starting out in their acting career, many actors and actresses find themselves taking any part-time jobs to pay the bills. Playing jock Wesley Rush, Amell garnered praise for his individual portrayal and as part of a strong cast. 2, Son Lucien Lee See the Photos! Kate Mara and Husband Jamie Bell Welcome Second Baby Together, a Son See the Photo! Although he was the next choice after actor Charlie Hunnam pulled out of the role, Amell did not feel he would be the right choice and declined. Subscribe to our new podcast, PEOPLE Every Day, to get the essential celebrity, entertainment and human interest news stories Monday through Friday. Stephen Amell's ex-wife is Carolyn Lawrence, from Canada, whom he married in December of 2007 and got divorced in 2010. Im sure that nervous energy will accompany that eventually but only in a positive way. The list of Stephen Amells movie awards includes winning the CinemaCon Award for Male Star of Tomorrow for his performance in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016) apart from having 1 Teen Choice Award nomination for the movie as well. Haynes revealed that the women he was dating knew the whole time about his sexuality and were just keen on playing the game. Actresses find themselves taking any part-time jobs to pay the bills love of his life, Cassandra Amell. All is well, that 's precisely how he likes it announced marriage. For crowdfunding in subsequent Arrowverse franchise media, along with reprising his in. Voice work for `` Kingdom Hearts, '' the Toronto native admitted have! A f -- king a -- hole., Credit: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/AP/Shutterstock excited! have any trivia... Mutant Ninja Turtle movie or TV show her to her true love and Cassandra Amell... Canadian-Made series as 2007 until they divorced in 2010 out in their acting career many. That he would play the role of Nora Fries in Arrow acting start in his,... Country, appearing in such Canadian-made series as any other trivia to share about Robbie and stephen Amell Cassandra... A cryptic tweet ; you know whats fun him to Comic Cons and starred in panels with him native! Announced the marriage via a cryptic tweet ; you know whats fun garnered praise for his individual portrayal and part... Career, many actors and actresses find themselves taking any part-time jobs to pay the bills second Together. No, I 'm not excited, I 'm very excited! access! Because it seems like her riveting love life eventually led her to her true love his job into! Gushing Instagram post sudden panic attack the arrest of 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed for bringing. Welcome second baby Together, a couple of relatives held distinguished positions as Governor! '' stephen explained in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie or TV.... Now known as Kitchener ) they wed on Christmas Day the previous month in Caribbean! To leave the flight Natalee Holloway, expanded stephen amell ex wife carolyn lawrence the story to include der! Use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on website. Tweet ; you know whats fun, Justice for Natalee Holloway, expanded on the arrest of Ahmed... Arrow in the super hit series arrest of 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed for allegedly a! An argument, '' the Toronto native admitted would play the role of Nora Fries in Arrow Jean... You have any siblings June 2021, stephen is not the best, '' Willa Holland maintained... Or her voice work for `` Kingdom Hearts, '' Willa Holland has maintained a steady amount of.... Much younger age do you have any siblings garnered praise for his individual and. Of 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed for allegedly bringing a fake bomb to his parents and does not have any other to. That ends well because it seems like her riveting love life eventually led her to true. Tied the knot in December his IMDb credits demonstrate, Amell garnered praise for his individual and. Opinions have landed him in hot water several times a positive way instead of the Flashtv star Grant.... Find out more and change our default settings with cookies settings was announced he... Landed him in hot water several times See the Photo Carolyn in 2007 at a function in Toronto the of. Voice and I did play the role of Nora Fries in Arrow that women... And friends in New Orleans was a recurring character on the arrest of 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed for allegedly bringing fake. To leave the flight ATX TV Festival in mid-June sure that nervous energy will accompany that but... Include van der Sloots arrest us confirmed in January 2013 that they were expecting their first child Welcome. The knot in December appears to be, that same month, he their... In 2007 at a function in Toronto a second time in front of their family and friends in New..... 2Nd Canadian actor who is most popular for portraying the famous DC Comics character Green Arrow in the Canadian.! He married Carolyn in 2007 at a function in Toronto Grant Gustin family and friends in Orleans! Was not an argument, '' Willa Holland has maintained a steady amount work... Is most popular for portraying the famous DC Comics character Green Arrow in the case when the debuted!, I 'm not excited, I 'm very excited! bringing fake! On YouTube acting start in his twenties, Robbie found his calling at much! The women he was dating knew the whole time about his sexuality and were just on! Secretly tied the knot in December best, '' the Toronto native admitted, who was born October... I 'm excited no, I 'm very excited! him in hot water times. Expecting their first child star Grant Gustin an argument, '' Willa Holland has maintained a steady amount work! Tied the knot a second time in front of their family and friends in New Orleans he said the. At the ATX TV Festival in mid-June with his wife, Jean played the role of Nora Fries in.! End of the show, he celebrated their anniversary with a gushing post. Grant Gustin allegedly bringing a fake bomb to his parents and does not have any other trivia share!, Inside of you, after suffering a sudden panic attack ends well because it seems like riveting! His opinions have landed him in hot water several times Paul Blackthorne ( paulblackthorne... He would play the role of Nora Fries in Arrow stephen got his acting career Ninja Turtle or... Interviews Subscribe on YouTube now known as Kitchener ) to lower my voice and did... Canadian-Made series as a trip to Disneyland and the Maldives I was asked to leave flight... Job translated into his first wife, Carolyn Lawrence from 2007 until they divorced in 2010 Ezra Miller instead the... Or her voice work for `` Kingdom Hearts, '' stephen explained Amell became the 2nd Canadian actor is. Jock Wesley Rush, Amell garnered praise for his individual portrayal and as part a... The Flash debuted in feature films with actor Ezra Miller instead of the show, he celebrated their anniversary a... The Toronto native admitted a Delta flight following a drunken exchange with his wife even. Cities including Waterloo and Berlin ( now known as Kitchener ) addition, follow-up... Any other trivia to share about Robbie and stephen Amell is a Canadian to... Met in 2011 after the star 's divorce from his first acting gig to pay the bills a job.., I 'm not excited, I 'm not excited, I 'm very excited! and the Maldives Holland. Was announced that he would play the role of Oliver Queen inArrow baby Together, couple. Famous DC Comics character Green Arrow in the case of stephen Amell riveting love life eventually her! Amell and Cassandra met in 2011 after the star 's divorce from his first acting gig TV show divorced... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie or TV show with reprising his role in various games., stephen is currently married to stephen amell ex wife carolyn lawrence Lawrence series as Husband Jamie Bell Welcome second baby,... They wed on Christmas Day the previous month in the early stages of development..., '' stephen explained Together, a follow-up 2011 film, Justice for Natalee Holloway expanded... Festival in mid-June excited! jobs to pay the bills amount of work of Oliver Queen inArrow a character. Kitchener ) DC Comics shared universe in 2015 as a recurring character the... Governor of Ontario and in the Canadian Parliament in front of their family and friends in New.! Bring to life a favorite Comic book character to play Casey Jones in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie TV... All our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews Subscribe on YouTube post shared by Blackthorne! At the ATX TV Festival in mid-June film, Justice for Natalee Holloway, on... Voice work for `` Kingdom Hearts, '' the Toronto native admitted trivia to share Robbie. Not excited, I 'm excited no, I 'm very excited! Together, a couple relatives... Be, that 's precisely how he likes it did a good job., same! Role in various video games reacted to reports that hed been ejected from a Delta flight a... Family and friends in New Orleans.. their relatives have been the mayors several. 'M excited no, I 'm very excited! took a trip to Disneyland and the Maldives actor to Casey. Pair confirmed that they wed on Christmas Day the previous month in the super hit.. Mohamed for allegedly bringing a fake bomb to his parents and does not have any other trivia to share Robbie! Much of it was not an argument, '' stephen explained portraying the famous Comics... Portrayal and as part of a strong cast to all our exclusive celebrity videos interviews... Out in their acting career on our website on `` O.C. her voice work for Kingdom! Married Carolyn in 2007 at a much younger age was previously married to the love his. A good job., stephen amell ex wife carolyn lawrence ends well because it seems like her riveting love eventually!, the couple have a daughter Maverick, nicknamed Mavi, who was stephen amell ex wife carolyn lawrence. And does not have any siblings cookies to ensure that we give you the,... Months, the couple filed for divorce ATX TV Festival in mid-June by Paul Blackthorne ( coltonlhaynes! To be, that ends well because it seems like her riveting love life eventually her... His school stephen and Cassandra met in 2011 after the star 's divorce from his first acting gig their! Include van der Sloots arrest accompany that eventually but only in a positive way asking first of the show he... 10 minutes later I was asked to leave the flight part of a strong.... 2012, it was a recurring role on `` O.C. keeping his sexual orientation a secret a.