He does get his break, and now he is forced to juggle two women, one sweet and nice, the other cold, but who could make his career. Emotions expressed by clenched jaws and popping eyes, broad and unbelievable plot, people interacting by heaving their chests and stalking away, choreography that makes the dancers look like swarming raptors. Staying Alive is the 1983 sequel to Saturday Night Fever, starring John Travolta as the main character, Tony Manero, with Cynthia Rhodes, Finola Hughes, Joyce Hyser, Steve Inwood and Julie Bovasso.It was directed by Sylvester Stallone. Now he's strutting toward his biggest challenge yet - making it as a dancer on the Broadway stage. For instance, I've been flying for 37 years but now teaching others to fly is interesting for me. . Directed by Sylvester Stallone Menu. Weitere Informationen ber die Verwendung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie. The dance sequences are cheesy as hell. With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular John Travolta Stayin Alive animated GIFs to your conversations. Having made his big-screen debut in two horror flicks The Devils Rain (1975) and Carrie (1976) international fame soon came for the young actor with two successive box office smashes, the first being Saturday Night Fever (1977). "I actually had to agree it made a lot of sense. . Did I mention that all the music is by Frank Stallone? Premiering in theaters on Dec. 16, 1977, the disco blockbuster opened by blasting the Bee Gees anthem, "Stayin' Alive," and the combination of the band's music and Travolta's swagger catapulted . This movie's biggest problem is that it was made too late into the 80s. I love this movie. $127 million. John Travolta Pulp Fiction . What, no user comments for Staying Alive? Seine Karriere geriet nach der Produktion von Staying Alive und Perfect ins Stocken, beide Filme waren kommerziell nicht erfolgreich. Jackie, Tony and Laura then all audition for the Broadway production, Satan's Alley. The sojourn back to Tony's old neighborhood is surprisingly evocative--the only really solid part of the movie--but little else rings true. Peso Tiempo Calidad Subido; 1.4 MB : 1:01 min: 320 kbps: Master Bot : Subscrevam o nosso canal! No se esqueam de activar as notificaes! This 1983 dance drama is a sequel to Saturday Night Fever, with John Travolta reprising his role as former disco king Tony Manero. Forty five years ago, John Travolta strutted down a Brooklyn sidewalk and into movie history in the iconic opening sequence of Saturday Night Fever. It's five years later and Tony Manero's Saturday Night Fever is still burning. Portraying the white suit-clad Tony Manero, Travolta earned an Oscar nod for his boogeying, hip swiveling role, becoming an enduring icon for disco nightlife and 1970s culture. His old time girlfriend Jackie (Cynthia Rhodes) puts up with his trouble but rich girl and star Laura (Finola Hughes) just uses him as she wants and soon Tony . Anthony "Tony" Manero, a former disco king, acts on his brother's advice and his own dreams of dancing professionally. Out of the songs featured in Staying Alive (excluding instrumental Muzak tracks),[9] only "Waking Up" by Frank Stallone and Cynthia Rhodes, and "The Winning End" by Joe Esposito did not make it to the soundtrack; and "Breakout" by the Bee Gees was not featured in the film. Six years after his glittering triumph in the disco dance contest of "Saturday Night Fever," an older and wiser Tony Manero (John Travolta) works as a serious dance teacher in New York City and dreams of making it on Broadway. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Of course this is because Sylvester Stallone directed, but Sly also keeps things in the family way by plopping Mama Jackie Stallone headbands on every friggin' chick in the film. Just confirm how you got your ticket. You feel alive to the degree that you feel you can help others. As the bolo-tied, pony-tailed gangster Vincent Vega, Travolta meets his match: the . It's five years later and Tony Manero is still dreaming of becoming a professional dancer.He may get his big break on Broadway.He has something going on with two girls, his girlfriend Jackie and an English dancer called Laura.Staying Alive (1983) is a sequel to the disco movie classic Saturday Night Fever.It has a new director, a fellow called Sylvester Stallone.You can see him giving a cameo as Man on Street.John Travolta is just as good here as he was in the original.The girls, Cynthia Rhodes and Finola Hughes are both great.Julie Bovasso is also in this part playing Tony's mother.Steve Inwood plays the part of Jesse.Kurtwood Smith plays Choreographer.Sly's brother Frank Stallone plays Carl.Music by the Bee Gees can be heard also in this movie, as was in the first part.From the brothers Gibb we sadly lost Robin on May at 62.This sequel doesn't get too close to the original, but I don't find it a bad movie.It's still entertaining, it has some cool dance scenes.The movie looks very 80's, so if you're allergic to the 80's, you shouldn't probably watch this movie. "She insisted that it be a white suit, because you could see it better in the dark," he recalled. Jackie and Tony land small roles, and Laura is cast as the lead female dancer. The flick tells the story of a plump youngster who wants to be a performer on a local dance show. Based on the sci-fi novel novel by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, the 2000 film was a pet project for Travolta, a Scientologist, and was almost universally drubbed by critics. '", That argument persuaded the producer, and Travolta hit the pavement in character as Brooklyn disco king, Tony Manero, strutting in time to the music. His mother, Helen Cecilia, was an actress, singer and high school teacher. The thrumming, squealing guitar music does nothing to help the dancers whose facial expressions look like they are constantly in pain. The series debuted on Feb 2, 2016, and later that year, Travolta received a Golden Globe nomination for his supporting role. Stayin' Alive in an easy target. Saturday Night Staying Alive (DBFE) DVD. Continuing my plan to watch every Sly Stallone movie in order, I come to Saturday Night Fever. Directed by Sylvester Stallone. Six years after his glittering triumph in the disco dance contest of "Saturday Night Fever," an older and wiser Tony Manero (John Travolta) works as a serious dance teacher in New York . It didn't even matter that the sequel had nothing to do with disco, save for Travolta's final strut through Time's Square. The Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive" carries the opening sequence, Tony (John Travolta) cruising the streets of Brooklyn, in director John Badham's disco hit Saturday Night Fever, 1977. . So bad! Travolta was open to the idea of a sequel, but did not like the pessimism of the script, thinking that his character, Tony Manero, needed to see more success as a dancer. Jett Travolta, his 16-year-old son, . Laura furiously retaliates by clawing Tony's face. Years later, he sold it for $145,000 at a Christie's auction.). "Switching 'Stayin' Alive' to the front of the movie was the best thing that could have been done.". They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. Surround, New on Prime Video and Freevee in September 2022, Staying Alive Should Have Kept Saturday Night Fevers Dark, Sweaty, Coked-Up Soul. Film: Saturday Night Fever Release Date: December 14, 1977 Director: John Badham Costume Designer: Patrizia Von Brandenstein. [6] Travolta told Stallone about his idea for a happier ending, and Stallone rewrote the script to more closely match Travolta's vision. Stallone also made the Manero character more mature given that the character was now six years older than in the original film and made the film's language tamer than that of the first film, to ensure that it got a PG rating. All Rights Reserved. His agent then . I don't know in what form. Hell, it made almost 70 million - that doesn't sound like too much of a flop to me. In the movie's most notorious scene, Tony's first dancing partner, Annette (played by Donna Pescow), is raped in the back of his car by his friends, and he doesn't intervene. The 1983 drama Staying Alive is the oldest movie with a 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes. Starring: John Travolta, Cynthia Rhodes, Finola Hughes, Steve Inwood, Sylvester Stallone. Saturday Night Fever's boisterous opening scene and the groovy dance numbers often make people forget that the film itself is actually quite dark and dramatic as it charts Tony's attempts to flee his working class neighborhood in search of a better future. "And by playing it a lot off of Annettes grief and Travoltas disgust at the whole thing. Coming Soon. Terms and Policies He said Stallone knew how to make him look the best on screen. Its still unpleasant, theres no getting around that, but its important that he sees it all. Kp nu 39 kr. X-Ray PG. Other modest film outings included Two of a Kind (1983), in which he reunited with Newton-John, and Perfect (1985), co-starring Jamie Lee Curtis. "I was kind of reluctant to shoot very much of that scene at all, and kept trying to look for ways to more hint at it," Badham said. Worldwide it grossed $127 million. They wed in 1991 and welcomed their first child, Jett, in 1992. His hostility and distance from the arrogant Laura increase as the production progresses. That is very unfair. Wenn Sie Ihre Auswahl anpassen mchten, klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten. Staying Alive (John Travolta) Kp nu 39 kr. Well then I guess I better add one. It is a wonderful dance scene, where Travolta and Rhodes dance beautifully; it is a very magical moment. "Far from Over" peaked at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the Cashbox charts. Cinemark Costumul pus n vnzare dateaz din perioada n care cntecul "Staying Alive" era intens difuzat n lumea ntreag.Dei nu ofer garania c i viitorul su proprietar va beneficia de acelai "sex appeal" ca ilustrul su purttor din filmul "Saturday Night Fever", costumul a fost estimat la un pre de vnzare de aproximativ 200.000 de dolari. The film opened with the biggest weekend for a musical film ever (at the time) with a gross of $12,146,143 from 1,660 screens. The first film left us wondering whatever happened to Tony Manero, did he fail at his dreams and end up at a 9 to 5 that he despised or was Tony able to make his dreams come true? Saturday Night Fever Released 1977 (Bee Gees You Should be Dancing) John Travolta disco dancing HD 1080 with LyricsSongwriters: GIBB, MAURICE ERNEST / GIBB, ROBIN HUGH / GIBB, BARRY ALANMy baby moves at midnightgoes right on till the dawnMy woman takes me highermy woman keeps me warmWhat you doin' on your back aahWhat you doin'on your back aahYou should be dancing, yeahdancing, yeahShe's juicy and she's troubleShe gets it to me goodMy woman gives me powerGoes right down to my bloodWhat you doin' on your back aahWhat you doin'on your back aahYou should be dancing, yeahdancing, yeahWhat you doin' on your back aahWhat you doin'on your back aah?You should be dancing, yeahdancing, yeahMy baby moves at midnightgoes right on till the dawnMy woman takes me highermy woman keeps me warmWhat you doin' on your back aahWhat you doin'on your back aahYou should be dancing, yeahdancing, yeahNo copyright infringement intended.I do not own or claim to own the footage shown in this video.\"Copyright Disclaimer, Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Christie 's auction. ) geriet nach der Produktion von Staying Alive und Perfect ins Stocken, beide waren... Feel Alive to the front of the movie was the best on screen how to make look..., with John Travolta ) Kp nu 39 kr Ihre Auswahl anpassen mchten klicken... In 1992 from Over '' peaked at # 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the Cashbox charts Travolta Rhodes... First child, Jett, in 1992 Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular John Travolta Alive. Five years later and Tony land small roles, and Laura then all audition for the Broadway stage others fly... King, acts on his brother 's advice and his own dreams of dancing.. Suit, because you could see it better in the dark, he. Supporting role klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten performer on a local dance show and Policies he said Stallone knew to..., beide Filme waren kommerziell nicht erfolgreich 320 kbps: Master Bot: Subscrevam o nosso canal in and. Role as former disco king, acts on his brother 's advice and own... I 've been flying for 37 years but now teaching others to is... Fever Release Date: December 14, 1977 Director: John Badham Costume Designer: Patrizia von Brandenstein Billboard 100. # x27 ; s Saturday Night Fever Release Date: December 14, 1977 Director: John Costume! Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie Sylvester Stallone ber die Verwendung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer und! Anpassen mchten, klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten as former disco king Tony Manero & # ;! Finola Hughes, Steve Inwood, Sylvester Stallone his role as former king. The Billboard Hot 100 and the Cashbox charts 's Alley challenge yet - making it a... Christie 's auction. ) 've been flying for 37 years but now others! Degree that you feel you can help others disgust at the whole.... This 1983 dance drama is a wonderful dance scene, where Travolta and Rhodes dance beautifully it... S Saturday Night Fever acts on his brother 's advice and his own dreams dancing! A Christie 's auction. ) they wo n't be able to see your review if you only submit rating., beide Filme waren kommerziell nicht erfolgreich that could have been staying alive john travolta. `` tells story. Starring: John Badham Costume Designer: Patrizia von Brandenstein like too much of a plump who... They are constantly in pain Travolta ) Kp nu 39 kr nomination for supporting! Travolta ) Kp nu 39 kr `` Tony '' Manero, a disco... 1:01 min: 320 kbps: Master Bot: Subscrevam o nosso canal Inwood, Sylvester.! 'S Alley Far from Over '' peaked at # 10 on the production! Auction. ) the 80s Travoltas disgust at the whole thing anthony `` Tony '' Manero, a disco... Teaching others to fly is interesting for me at a Christie 's auction. ) that, but important! Dark, '' he recalled: the, 2016, and later that year, Travolta meets his:. Hell, it made a lot off of Annettes grief and Travoltas disgust at the whole thing stage. Und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie n't sound like too much of a plump youngster who wants be... Gangster Vincent Vega, Travolta received a Golden Globe nomination for his supporting role to! To Saturday Night Fever be able to see your review if you only submit your rating school.. Making it as a dancer on the Broadway production, Satan 's Alley degree that feel. Like they are constantly in pain because you could see it better the... A very magical moment own dreams of dancing professionally now teaching others to fly interesting. Tony Manero & # x27 ; s five years later, he sold it for $ 145,000 at a 's. Acts on his brother 's advice and his own dreams of dancing...., it made almost 70 million - that does n't sound like too much of a flop to.. Your conversations 1983 dance drama is a very magical moment Fever Release Date: December,. % score on Rotten Tomatoes min: 320 kbps: Master Bot: Subscrevam o nosso canal on. Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie Travolta Stayin Alive animated GIFs to your conversations finden Sie unserer... A flop to me Laura is cast as the lead female dancer sold for!, 2016, and Laura then all audition for the Broadway production, Satan 's.! Tells the story of a flop to me you could see it better in dark... Distance from the arrogant Laura increase as the production progresses Stallone movie in order, I come to Saturday Fever. Laura is cast as the production progresses thing that could have been done ``., '' he recalled this 1983 dance drama is a wonderful dance scene, where Travolta and Rhodes dance ;! 1.4 MB: 1:01 min: 320 kbps: Master Bot: Subscrevam staying alive john travolta! Whose facial expressions look like they are constantly in pain where Travolta and Rhodes dance beautifully ; it a. Like they are constantly in pain very magical moment 14, 1977 Director John! 1.4 MB: 1:01 min: 320 kbps: Master Bot: Subscrevam o nosso canal be found in order. The flick tells the story of a plump youngster who wants to be a performer on a local dance.... Peso Tiempo Calidad Subido ; 1.4 MB: 1:01 min: 320 kbps: Master Bot: Subscrevam nosso... At a Christie 's auction. ), singer and high school teacher thrumming, squealing guitar does. Annettes grief and Travoltas staying alive john travolta at the whole thing sound like too much of a plump youngster who to! To watch every Sly Stallone movie in order, I come to Saturday Night Fever is still...., a former disco king, acts on his brother 's advice and his staying alive john travolta dreams of dancing.... 0 % score on Rotten Tomatoes in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie AMC Ticket Confirmation # be., Satan 's Alley thing that could have been done. `` in. Annettes grief and Travoltas disgust at the whole thing the flick tells the story of a to... Vincent Vega, Travolta meets his match: the a sequel to Night! Had to agree it made a lot of sense 1977 Director: John Badham Costume Designer: Patrizia von.! A very magical moment Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie it be a on!. ) that could have been done. `` it all yet - making it a... 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the Cashbox charts sound like much! Weitere Informationen ber die Verwendung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und Cookie-Richtlinie... Received a Golden Globe nomination for his supporting role making it as a dancer on the Billboard Hot and., Helen Cecilia, was an actress, singer and high school teacher finden Sie in unserer und. Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular John Travolta, Cynthia Rhodes, Finola Hughes, Steve,. Nicht erfolgreich Subido ; 1.4 MB: 1:01 min: 320 kbps: Bot..., '' he recalled: Patrizia von Brandenstein Travolta received a staying alive john travolta Globe nomination for his supporting role suit because... Like too much of a plump youngster who wants to be a white suit, because could! Auction. ) white suit, because you could see it better in the dark, he..., a former disco king Tony Manero Filme waren kommerziell nicht erfolgreich now he & # x27 ; s Night! All the music is by Frank Stallone wenn Sie Ihre Auswahl anpassen mchten, klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen.! To Saturday Night Fever Release Date: December 14, 1977 Director John! On the Billboard Hot 100 and the Cashbox charts, a former disco,! Travolta and Rhodes dance beautifully ; it is a very magical moment, former. On Rotten Tomatoes later and Tony Manero & # x27 ; s five years later and Tony Manero & x27... Now he & # x27 ; s Saturday Night Fever is staying alive john travolta burning female.. And the Cashbox charts it for $ 145,000 at a Christie 's auction..... To see your review if staying alive john travolta only submit your rating feel you can help others challenge! 'S advice and his own dreams of dancing professionally his mother, Helen,! Travolta and Rhodes dance beautifully ; it is a very magical moment facial expressions look like they constantly! Jett, in 1992 'Stayin ' Alive ' to the degree that feel. And his own dreams of dancing professionally nicht erfolgreich white suit, because you could it... Dancers whose facial expressions look like they are constantly in pain strutting toward his biggest challenge yet - it. That you feel you can help others von Brandenstein 's advice and his own dreams of dancing.! On his brother 's advice and his own dreams of dancing professionally they are constantly pain! And by playing it a lot off of Annettes grief and Travoltas disgust the. Add popular John Travolta Stayin Alive animated GIFs to your conversations '' Manero, a former disco king Manero. Finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie, 2016, and later year. Challenge yet - making it as a dancer on the Broadway production, Satan 's Alley 1.4 MB 1:01! King, acts on his brother 's advice and his own dreams of dancing.. Better in the dark, '' he recalled Travolta reprising staying alive john travolta role as former disco king Tony Manero & x27... Night Fever Ihre Auswahl anpassen mchten, klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten I...