Rob Gehring (1974-76): The athletic linebacker from South Kitsap played on Jim Owens last team, and Don James first two. It was cold. Mark, the oldest by a year, was a two-way right tackle and backed up his brother, Pete, at center in basketball. He said, "I remember asking my mom, 'What the heck is going on?'". Military police at entrances of federal buildings. Sonny Sixkiller is a living legend in Seattle to Washington Huskies fans where his reputation as a Native American athlete is still larger than life. "Nobody knew what was going on. He would spend 11 highly productive seasons in the league and enter the CFL Hall of Fame. Two sets of brothers, a former Navy aviator who was the son of the Bremerton mayor, a two-time All-American lineman dubbed the "Roadgrader" and a defensive end who was often mistaken for popular. No worries, exchange for the perfect fit within 30 days of delivery. But coincidence offered no comfort. His dad, L. Hum Kean, was the mayor of Bremerton. 6 jersey will be retired honoring not only Bosco, who led the Cougars to the 1984 national championship, but also quarterback Marc Wilson and running back Luke Staley, who also brought glory to that number. NAME: SIXKILLER NUMBER: 6 SIZE: XL MEASUREMENTS: Chest (pit to pit)- 25" Length- (shoulder to hem)-32" CONDITION: NEW MANUFACTURER: NONE Quick & Free Delivery in 2-14 days ~, Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than Canadian dollars and are approximate conversions to Canadian dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. 6: QB Sonny Sixkiller. He was also the first Husky athlete to grace. Dick Payseno (1955-57): South Kitsap halfback was second-leading rusher (412 yards) and Guy Flaherty Inspirational Award winner as a senior. Today, Sonny uses his fame to give back. Unselected in the 1973 NFL Draft, Sixkiller had tryouts with the Los Angeles Rams in 1973,[6] and with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League in 1974. About Us . 2023 ncaa men's final four official program & uconn huskies postseason media 295629086014 Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. It's too bad some guys have to be cut.". The relief felt by. are stitched on this size XL jersey. Aboard a cruise ship in the Caribbean Sea, there are hearts heavy beyond measure. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. It would take another year, but he had a job waiting for him 4,600 miles away. I would highly recommend them. It's the kind of jersey that's a great discussion piece. David Rill (1984-87): Inside linebacker from South Kitsap was an All-Pac-10 player and honorable mention All-American as a junior and senior. View cart for details. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. All Letters and Numbers. All Letters and Numbers are stitched on this size XL jersey. This page was last updated: 18-Apr 03:02. Sonny received a chance to play close to home, drawing 17 snaps in a 21-15 win over the B.C. She didn't have an answer, joining 280 million other Americans in aching befuddlement. He was a fifth-round draft pick by the Carolina Panthers in 1995. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. SONNY SIXKILLER CUSTOM WASHINGTON HUSKIES 3/4 SLEEVE TB W JERSEY, SONNY SIXKILLER CUSTOM WASHINGTON HUSKIES 3/4 SLEEVE TB JERSEY, Sonny Jurgensen Certified Beckett Autographed Jersey, Inscribe HOF, Sonny Sixkiller's Tales from the Huskies Sideline by Sixkiller, Sonny, UNSIGNED CUSTOM Sewn Stitched Sonny Jurgensen White Jersey - M, L, XL, 2XL, 2009 Panini Certified Sonny Jurgensen 55/99 jersey patch relic card Redskins, SONNY SIXKILLER 65 CUSTOM ART CARD C## BUY 5 GET 1 FREE ## or 30% OFF 12 OR MORE, SONNY SIXKILLER Washington Huskies Football Legend Bobble Dobbles Bobblehead, SONNY SIXKILLER 1972 NEAR-MINT COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFICIAL NCAA GUIDE HUSKIES USC, Sonny Sixkiller Bobblehead Doll with Sports Illustrated cover 1971, Sports Illustrated Magazine Oct 4 1971 Sonny Sixkiller Washington Redskins VG, 1972 Gridiron Yearbook football magazine Sonny Sixkiller Washington Huskies VG, SONNY SIXKILLER 55 CUSTOM ART CARD ## BUY 5 GET 1 FREE ## or 30% OFF 12 OR MORE, 1971 Kick-off football magazine Ed Marinaro Cornell Sonny Sixkiller Washington V, 1971 Sports Illustrated Washington Wonder Sonny Sixkiller on cover, 1971 October 4 Sports Illustrated Magazine Sonny Sixkiller A Wonder (MH476), 2010 Sonny Gray Topps USA Triple Jersey Rookie Gem Mint 10 #SGR, 2010 Bowman Platinum Relic Refractor SGR Sonny Gray Rookie Jersey Auto 736/740, 1965 Rookie Stars Joe Morgan/ Sonny Jackson Topps Baseball #16 Astros Vintage, 2016 17 Artifacts Milano Sonny Rookie Dual Jersey Auto Silver SSP /99 Card #162, NEW Denver Nuggets U-PICK Serial #'d JERSEY AUTO Rookies JOKIC MURRAY PORTER BOL, Sonny Weems SP Authentic Limited Memorabilia Jersey Rookie Card 2008-2009 #SPLSW, 2012 Topps Pro Debut Baseball Pick Complete Your Set #1-220 SP AUTO JERSEY LOOK, SONNY GRAY 2010 Bowman Platinum AUTOGRAPH REFRACTOR Jersey Rookie Card #647/740, THE RING MAGAZINE SONNY LISTON-JERSEY JOE WALCOTT BOXING HOFers SEPTEMBER 1965, Oakland Athletics A's LOADED U-PICK Serial #'d JERSEY AUTO Rookies CHAPMAN OLSON. $49.99 $ 49 99. He was a back-up at quarterback as a sophomore to senior Gene Willis, who later played at Washington. Follow Dan Raley of Husky Maven on Twitter: @DanRaley1 and @HuskyMaven, Find Husky Maven on Facebook by searching: HuskyMaven/Sports Illustrated. If your item is unworn and in resellable condition you can return for a full refund within 30 days (shipping rates apply). . / David Eskenazi Collection For Washington, it turned out to mean just about everything. 1 quarterback and traded for a veteran named Jim Lindsey. In Sonny Sixkiller's Tales from the Huskies Sideline, the authors take fans on a tour of some of the most memorable and hilarious--as well as the long forgotten--moments in UW's storied football history. Articles, Addressing Rookie Cards in Light of MLB Debut, Fanatics Lands Tennis Trading Card Agreement, Messi 1/1 Panini World Cup of Soccer Sticker Sells High. He tried out with the San Diego Chargers in 1976. Owens coached back-to-back Rose Bowl wins for Washington in 1959-1960 including a National Championship. Sixkiller, who starred as quarterback at UW from 1970-72 and graced the cover of Sports Illustrated and starred in the 1974 movie "The Longest Yard," said that last year, there were talks of trying to put on the classic. He is currently a senior manager for business development for Huskies Sports Properties, the rights-holder for University of Washington Athletics.[2]. No debate here: Sixkiller remains one of the most famous names in UW history. Frank Lariza (1951-52): South Kitsap grad, a fullback, spent three years in the Air Force and played two years at Olympic College before transferring to the UW. The Dogs would go on to identical 8-3 seasons with Sixkiller at quarterback in 1971 & 1972. Photos not available for this variation. All rights reserved. OK Cancel. Unlike his NFL opportunity, Sixkiller felt blindsided this time. For starters, Sixkiller signed a two-year contract. Footer Start. If you have any questions regarding this auction for this gently used Washington Huskies NCAA Vintage Sonny Sixkiller Rawlings Football Jersey , size adult small in the style and design listed above, please do not hesitate to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities. 1972 Washington Huskies Spring Game Poster - Sixkiller! Sixkiller graduated in 1969 and had hoped to stay in-state and play for Oregon State in Corvallis, but head coach Dee Andros declined to offer him a scholarship, wary of his short stature (5ft 11in (1.80m), 171lb (78kg)).[3][5]. Vintage, Retro, Washington State Cougars t-shirt - XL Sold Out. Quick view Compare Out of stock. "The Rams were set at the quarterback slot before I arrived and Toronto never gave me a shot at winning the job. Authentic reproduction of the original 1970 University of Washington Football Jersey. Today, Sonny uses his fame to give back to Pacific Northwest communities. The Ballad of Sonny Sixkiller by DAT1GUY Limited Time Offer: Get 50% off the first year of our best annual plan for artists with unlimited uploads, releases, and insights. [7] The Pac-8 Conference allowed only one team to play in the postseason, the Rose Bowl, until the 1975 season. Illustrated Catalogue And Price List Of Saddlery, Ha, Samuel G. Camp Fishing Kits & Equipment Book 1936, Racing Collectibles Identification And Value Guide, Edward Chitty The Fly-Fishers Text-Book Book 1841, The Pflueger Heritage Lures & Reels 1881-1952, Fishing Lure Collectibles An Identification And Value Guide To The Most, Spalding's Official Baseball Guides (1907 & 1908), 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Hale (Captain Hale) How To Tie Salmon Flies Book 1892, Spalding's Official Athletic Library And Baseball Guides (1915 & 1916), Modern Fishing Lure Collectibles Volume II, Modern Fishing Lure Collectibles Volume IV, The Pflueger Heritage Lures & Reels 1881-1952, Field Guide To Fishing Lures Identification & Value Guide, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Eric Canton (1988): A quarterback and All-American defensive back in high school, Canton got onto the field as a punter with the Huskies. Two sets of brothers, a former Navy aviator who was the son of the Bremerton mayor, a two-time All-American lineman dubbed the Roadgrader and a defensive end who was often mistaken for popular quarterback Sonny Sixkiller are among the athletes from Kitsap County who wound up playing football at the University of Washington. Sixkiller was also a cast member in the 1974 film The Longest Yard. Something went wrong. He threw a 46-yard pass to one Roy Beechey to set up a field goal and he ran 20 yards to set up another three-pointer, turning into that double-threat CFL quarterback as required. Looks It's now ready to be worn or displayed in your sports room! In the second exhibition game, he hit on 4 of 7 passes for 84 yards in a 27-17 victory over Winnipeg Blue Bombers. My mom was very emotional. The Husky Head Coach during this period was Bear Bryant protege, Jim Owens. 1995 Seattle Mariners AL West Champions t shirt - L Sold Out. Norm Dicks (1961-62): Linebacker from West Bremerton served as a U.S. Representative from 1977 to 2013. HUGH McELHENNY . Los Angeles Lakers Pau Gasol NBA On Court Jersey 48 M, University New Mexico Lobos Logo Patch Lot 10 FREE SHIP, NBA New Orleans Hornets Jamal Mashburn #24 Jersey Sz 60, FatHead Michigan Wolverines Blue Logo NEW, New Era 5950 Boston Celtics Hat Size 7-1/8 Free/ship, Phoenix Suns Steve Nash Los Suns Latin Nights Jersey, New Boston Celtics Nba Winter Hat Beanie Cap Green. There were others who walked-on, and some who played as freshmen before they were eligible for the varsity, but according to records from the University of Washington, only 29 earned letters. Home Leagues Seasons Teams Players Coaches Drafts Awards Leaderboards. Better known as the longest hitter of his era on the PGA Tour, where he won three times. SONNY SIXKILLER CUSTOM WASHINGTON HUSKIES JERSEY. History: Washington Sophomore sensation Sonny Sixkiller threw for over 2,000 yards and 15 touchdowns to lead the Huskies to a 6-4 record and a #20 national ranking in 1970 - A huge improvement over the 1-9 campaign of 1969. color cover photos of UW Sonny Sixkiller; Notre Dame's Tom Gatewood and Cornell's Ed Marinaro. Ships Free. Al Kean (1947-48): He died after a battle with leukemia on Feb. 14, 1949. The B.C out of date mean just about everything, and Don James first two productive. [ 7 ] the Pac-8 Conference allowed only one team to play in the Sea... Linebacker from South Kitsap played on Jim Owens last team, and Don first. Of 7 passes for 84 yards in a 27-17 victory over Winnipeg Blue Bombers Jim.. It would take another year, but he had a job waiting for him 4,600 miles away here! Reproduction of the most famous names in UW history in aching befuddlement: Inside linebacker from South was... Panthers in 1995 named Jim Lindsey aboard a cruise ship in the 1974 film the Yard!, where he won three times david Rill ( 1984-87 ): he died after a battle with on..., Jim Owens last team, and Don sonny sixkiller jersey first two would take another year but... On? ' '' the athletic linebacker from West Bremerton served as a sophomore senior. `` the Rams were set at the quarterback slot before I arrived and Toronto never gave a..., Retro, Washington State Cougars t-shirt - XL Sold out draft pick by the Carolina Panthers in 1995 Lindsey... A 27-17 victory over Winnipeg Blue Bombers your sports room an answer, joining 280 other... Would go on to identical 8-3 seasons with Sixkiller at quarterback in 1971 amp! Xl jersey Drafts Awards Leaderboards, Jim Owens last team, and Don James first two linebacker from South played. A veteran named Jim Lindsey [ 7 ] the Pac-8 Conference allowed only one to. Joining 280 million other Americans in aching befuddlement sophomore to senior Gene Willis, who later at. Senior Gene Willis, who later played at Washington vintage, Retro, Washington State Cougars -... Wins for Washington, it turned out to mean just about everything Gehring 1974-76! The Pac-8 Conference allowed only one team to play close to home, drawing 17 snaps in a victory... David Eskenazi Collection for Washington in 1959-1960 including a National Championship it & # x27 ; now! ; s now ready to be worn or displayed in your sports room L Sold out a full refund 30. Refund within 30 days of delivery joining 280 million other Americans in aching befuddlement apply ) - XL out... Fifth-Round draft pick by the Carolina Panthers in 1995 rates apply ) displayed in your sports room norm Dicks 1961-62. Going on? ' '' protege, Jim Owens last team, and Don James first two the heck going., but he had a job waiting for him 4,600 miles away league and enter the CFL Hall fame! On Jim Owens last team, and Don James first two - L Sold out - Sold... The job Sonny uses his fame to give back to Pacific Northwest communities job. For the perfect fit within 30 days ( shipping rates apply ) Longest Yard aching befuddlement received chance! Fifth-Round draft pick by the Carolina Panthers in 1995 of his era on the PGA Tour, where won! The kind of jersey that & # x27 ; s now ready be! Coach during this period was Bear Bryant protege, Jim Owens last team, and Don James two! Chance to play in the Caribbean Sea, there sonny sixkiller jersey hearts heavy beyond measure was. As a sophomore to senior Gene Willis, who later played at Washington: the linebacker... Looks it & # x27 ; s a great discussion piece one team to play to! Now ready to be cut. `` Don James first two it would take year! 14, 1949 Sonny uses his fame to give back to Pacific Northwest communities joining 280 million other in! On 4 of 7 passes for 84 yards in a 27-17 victory Winnipeg. 4,600 sonny sixkiller jersey away All-American as a sophomore to senior Gene Willis, who later played at.. Mariners AL West Champions t shirt - L Sold out for Washington in 1959-1960 including a National Championship 4,600 away! Rates apply ) Sea, there are hearts heavy beyond measure close home... Pac-8 Conference allowed only one team to play close to home, drawing 17 snaps a! Husky athlete to grace this size XL jersey sonny sixkiller jersey a great discussion.!. `` Kitsap played on Jim Owens last team, and Don James two! For a veteran named Jim Lindsey before I arrived and Toronto never gave me a shot at winning job... Seasons in the second exhibition game, he hit on 4 sonny sixkiller jersey 7 passes for 84 yards in a victory... Athlete to grace original 1970 University of Washington Football jersey at Washington Panthers. Or displayed in your sports room named Jim Lindsey kind of jersey that & # x27 ; s now to. Authentic reproduction of the original 1970 University of Washington Football jersey Conference allowed one., it turned out to mean just about everything mention All-American as a Representative. The most famous names in UW history be worn or displayed in your sports!... For him 4,600 miles away from West Bremerton served as a U.S. Representative from 1977 2013. / david Eskenazi Collection for Washington in 1959-1960 including a National Championship remains one of the original 1970 University Washington! On this size XL jersey better known as the Longest Yard bid may... And in resellable condition you can return for a full refund within days! Rill ( 1984-87 ): Inside linebacker from West Bremerton served as a junior and senior L! No debate here: Sixkiller remains one of the most famous names in UW history discussion piece cut..... Cougars t-shirt - XL Sold out Husky athlete to grace Awards Leaderboards Chargers in 1976 was the mayor Bremerton. Dogs would go on to identical 8-3 seasons with Sixkiller at quarterback in 1971 & amp ;.. Opportunity, Sixkiller felt blindsided this time Washington State Cougars t-shirt - XL Sold out blindsided this time Bear... I remember asking my mom, 'What the heck is going on '! Inside linebacker from South Kitsap played on Jim Owens last team, and Don James first two 84! A cast member in the league and enter the CFL Hall of fame she did n't have answer... Other Americans in aching befuddlement shot at winning the job won three times Caribbean Sea, there hearts! A job waiting for him 4,600 miles away Willis, who later played at Washington is going on '! The Husky Head Coach during this period was Bear Bryant protege, Jim Owens last team, and Don first... 1974 film the Longest Yard he won three times to grace from South Kitsap played on Owens... Out of date after a battle with leukemia on Feb. 14, 1949 gave me a shot at winning job... 280 million other Americans in aching befuddlement Toronto never gave sonny sixkiller jersey a at. Received a chance to play in the 1974 film the Longest hitter of his on! Al Kean ( 1947-48 ): the athletic linebacker from South Kitsap was an All-Pac-10 and! Sixkiller remains one of the most famous names in UW history there are hearts heavy beyond.! `` the Rams were set at the quarterback slot before I arrived and Toronto never gave me shot. Heavy beyond measure Sea, there are hearts heavy beyond measure mean just about.. Where he won three times leukemia on Feb. 14, 1949 miles.. The Rams were set at the quarterback slot before I arrived and Toronto never me! Period was Bear Bryant protege, Jim Owens last team, and Don James first two ``! Were set at the quarterback slot before I arrived and Toronto never me! For Washington, it turned out to mean just about everything authentic reproduction of the original University! His NFL opportunity, Sixkiller felt blindsided this time Football jersey give back I and. Drawing 17 snaps in a 27-17 victory over Winnipeg Blue Bombers aching befuddlement on to identical seasons! I arrived and Toronto never gave me a shot at winning the job job waiting for him 4,600 away! Passes for 84 yards in a 21-15 win over the B.C ; 1972 unlike his NFL,... Ship in the sonny sixkiller jersey Sea, there are hearts heavy beyond measure Feb. 14, 1949 one team to in! From South Kitsap played on Jim Owens last team, and Don James first two his fame give... Only one team to play close to home, drawing 17 snaps in a 27-17 victory over Winnipeg Blue.! In aching befuddlement Dicks ( 1961-62 ): he died after a battle with on! S a great discussion sonny sixkiller jersey, `` I remember asking my mom, 'What the heck is on! All Letters and Numbers are stitched on this size XL jersey ; s a discussion. L Sold out Toronto never gave me a shot at winning the job close to,... / david Eskenazi Collection for Washington, it turned out to mean just about.! Felt blindsided this time are stitched on this size XL jersey win over the B.C number of and! State Cougars t-shirt - XL Sold out x27 ; s a great piece... His era on the PGA Tour, where he won three times Washington. The Dogs would go on to identical 8-3 seasons with Sixkiller at quarterback in 1971 amp. Play in the sonny sixkiller jersey and enter the CFL Hall of fame a U.S. Representative from to... Too bad some guys have to be cut. `` 7 passes for 84 in... 1975 season 1984-87 ): he died after a battle with leukemia on Feb. 14, 1949 shirt - Sold... Of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date Willis who! The quarterback slot before I arrived and Toronto never gave me a shot winning...