For help prioritizing the rest, check out our post-loss checklist. A woman of love and positivity and a ray of sunshine that will be so desperately missed from this world. Throughout all of his endeavors, [Name] was guided by his dedication to his family. We bonded over music sharing two of our top three favorite bands. We sat around her bed and talked with mom and reminisced about our time with Mom. In the summer of 2015, Shannon had her first psychotic break. Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it? Her children were the light of her life, and she was so proud of the people they had become. She was endlessly crafty, knowledgeable, loving, and hilarious. Joie was my support through my first relationship, my first heartbreak, my first degree, my first marriage (and second!) Dont be afraid to blend a series of funny, touching, or even sad memories that help people understand the type of person that she was and the influence she had on the world. Little did he know, this quote would go on to be the foundation of my father's life. I was swept off my feet, in a completely unexpected way. To capture more memories of your loved one, consider creating a memorial website. With that, Id like to leave you all with one of [Name]s favorite quotes, by [author]: [quote]. Since the few people that lived on this route did not like the jeeps ripping up the road, they would put in Jeep size road bumps to slow them down. If you prefer to remove your comment, you can delete it. She graduated from UF, double-majoring in Political Science and Theatre. My mother continued to love critters even after our family didnt have any more pets. She was everything to so many and I'm so blessed to see you all here today. To keep things short, My grandmother is 77 and her sister(my great aunt) is 75. Bank here in town. I think thats one of the many reasons we all loved Shannon, she made us feel special every moment we were with her. My Aunt Mary was my best friend ever since I can remember. Being chosen as the person who will say the final words about a dear loved one is certainly a special gift. I love you so much. Choose for yourself or buy as a sympathy gift. Sam may not have owned the business, but he took ownership of it in a way that I probably never could have. I understood the unspeakable bond that tethers a mother to her child. She always knew what to do in a time of crisis, and she was the one who made our family holidays extra special with all her personal touches. [He/she] instantly made people feel like [description]. We started in Puerto Morales (a great discovery and location we returned to many times for easier traveling as our parents aged) and then went to Tulum. Every single day I felt loved, supported, and known. "But we have sons who are the same age, and they are cousins and best friends all in one. These memories can be of simple or complex moments; this is up to you and what feels right. The laudatio Iuliae amitae ("Eulogy for Aunt Julia") is a funeral oration that Julius Caesar said in 68 BC to honor his dead aunt Julia, the widow of Marius. You may want to incorporate key memories or even a theme in order to bring some order to your thoughts. Thank you to [Name's parents] for raising such an incredible human being. I dare say they may be some of the richest blessings you may receive. When you write the eulogy for your aunt, you want to make it personal and a tribute to the relationship the two of you had. Although Sarah never had children of her own, she had a deep love for her cat, Sam, who was always by her side. Eulogy for My Favorite Aunt. The only real requirement is that the person delivering the eulogy should have had a strong bond with the deceased. Available for instant download as soon as you sign up. Your mind was brilliant, your passion for justice was admirable, and you were everything I wish I could've been at your age. My mom was an amazing woman who worked hard to support us and was always there for me emotionally, too. "My mother was the first female surgeon to practice at her hospital. Dont forget to introduce yourself so that the audience is aware of your close relationship. His stop and his step down was so very unexpected for us but he left so many great memories, and we are so grateful he stepped off on a high note! Sarah's journey began in South Dakota, where she lived with her beloved cat, Sam. He had an eye for detail and a steady hand, and his creations were always stunningly beautiful. She had an appreciation of the natural beauty of this world, and she instilled that same appreciation in me. Nonetheless, during this time she continued to travel, play gin rummy and host long talks with me in her back garden. She was determined and insightful. She enjoyed playing the elder sister to my mum, Ethel, possibly a bit too much, though she never admitted it. Paying tribute to a father who has passed away is a common gesture children and others want to make. Both qualities are important to Scarbrough. You will be deeply missed but never forgotten. You each played a role greater than you may know in her ability to continue bringing us blessings and love for 89 years. Use this as a basis for how you should structure your own eulogy. Going out of his way to stand at a bus stop just to make sure I had some consistency in my life, a friendly face at the end of the day, and a safe way to get back home was the kind of person he continued to be throughout my life (and throughout the lives of his own family). [He/she] was endlessly [selfless, loving, caring, etc.]. He would want his memory to be celebrated and honored through love, laughter, adventure, and a deep appreciation of everything our lives have to offer. I'm angry, I'm confused, and I miss her so, so, very much. It can be so hard to eulogize siblings, but it is also incredibly rewarding to be able to send off your brother or sister with special, well-chosen words: When I used to go to my friends houses after school, I could never understand why their older brothers shooed us away when we wanted to play with them. Rest in peace, dear friend. As a child, I remember her reading books to me while I played with my dolls at the lake. I am so grateful to have had her in my life, and I know that she will be deeply missed by all who knew her. Laudatio Iuliae amitae. She told me not to embarass her in this eulogy, so I'll restrain myself from doing that by going over the top. But because of our shared DNA, I can take comfort in the fact that as long as Im alive, she will also exist in some form.. As you write your eulogy, aim for about 750-1500 written words (or 1-2 typed pages, single-spaced) this should be about 5-10 minutes when spoken. She told this story to her best friend Nancy, who immediately said, Well, thats it, Im her aunt now. And from then on, she was Aunt Nancy. Somber eulogies, eulogies filled with stories, short eulogies, and funny eulogies are all common. Nights like this weren't uncommon with Mom -- she constantly made sure we had the most fun possible whenever we could. Twitter. Not only did Aplastic Anemia do tremendous damage to her body, it wreaked havoc on her mind. Grand-dog. I will dance with enthusiasm. So, these women pulled their money and sent Aunt Barb to Paris right after graduation to participate in a drawing program at the Louvre. I remember she had named all the hedgehogs she left cat food out for funny what we remember! His family was the most important thing in his life. [Name] was exactly that type of mother. I know every parent feels that way about their kid, but it's true -- [Name] was unique. If you're here today, please honor Joie's memory by being the rock for someone else in your life. Today, we gather to honor the life and legacy of Chef Kimmino, a beloved chef who has left us too soon. Today we celebrate the life of this incredible man who left behind a beautiful legacy of music and of kindness. As [she/he] grew older, [she/he] became a fan of [description of hobby/interest]. Although she is no longer here in earthly form, I know our memories together live on., Thank you, everyone, for coming here today to help us celebrate the life of Susan Smith. Each summer we would go to summer camp together (which we hated), prompted by our parents' need to get some much needed alone time. His coworkers would describe him as [description]. Written by Christine Maszkiewicz Im proud to say that we were best friends for the last 20 years, and Ill always be proud to be her sister.. What I do know is that my wife emanated love each and every day. The next best thing, riding lessons. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Death of My Aunt By C. H. B. Kitchin at the best online prices at eBay! Memories I remember the day Lisa was born. I will not swoon at the sight of blood, but will swoon over a mariachi band (or really any live music). killed in action in Borneo. For those who dont know me, Im [Name]. Foundational. When I was interested in [hobby], [she/he] showed up to all the events. Surviving my teenage years is a testament to the patience and love my mother had for her family. The transplants may have saved her life before, I just wish I couldve saved it again. I want to thank you all for gathering today in honor of [Name], I know it wouldve meant the world to [him/her]. I suppose death is what makes life beautiful, knowing that our time here is finite, to make the most of it and remember what is important. When you tell how you feel about your aunt and how important she was in your life, you'll end up with a moving eulogy. She wrote that parents will make many mistakes. Life has thrown you one personal or family health challenge after another, and you have continuing challenges in front of you. My family was complex and fractured. Rest well and peacefully, [Name], you did well. She was always the kind of person who would step up and take care of someone sad or hurt or afraid. We believe reflecting on our mortality can help us lead more meaningful lives. No words can express how deeply I miss my Aunt Mary. [He/she] was beyond thoughtful -- [he/she] was one of the kindest and most compassionate people I've ever met and will ever meet. Here are some examples of how a eulogy from a friend might read. Sarah was not only a skilled speech pathologist but also a former professional soccer player who had to leave the sport she loved due to a career-ending injury. You were the love of my life and I will miss you forever. Thanks Dad I love you and you will be missed. He regaled me with stories about how the business had evolved over the past twenty years. MORE:Ease the burden on grieving family members by starting a memorial fundraiser for practical expenses. Kylie, Norah left behind two daughters, and I hope I can pay forward her kindness by being there for them the way she was for me.. Her heart though was full of love, she turned those feelings of hurt into good. In Juliann's eulogy, Josef does an excellent job at delivering many of the details you'd find in a eulogy in a loving, descriptive, and beautiful way. were married. To say my dad meant the world to me is an understatement. I didnt understand why people would voluntarily sign up to spend their lives with someone else when it just looked miserable to me. Alternatively, someone who devotes themselves to their career may not have many close connections outside of the office. Without my brother here, I feel a piece of me has shuttered itself away. Youre not feeling depressed. The honor usually goes to a lifelong friend who grew up with the deceased and can provide perspective on them throughout their life. I know you are in a better place now, but I still wish you were here with us. You were the glue that held our family together. Regular Christmas guests were: Violet, Charles, and Pauline Kinson (Violets shrimp paste), Bernie Bornhagen (black mustard for the lutefisk), and other friends we adopted along the way. She seemed to have everything going for her. And he even directed and acted in some community theater plays. We were present because we felt her presence. I know he's smiling on us from above and is absolutely thrilled that so many of you showed up today to remember him. But I will never regret loving him and walking this world side by side for the time we shared.. We are not attorneys and are not providing you with legal You can unsubscribe any time you like, and don't worry, your email address is totally safe with us. By the time she came to your grandmas and grandpas house for her recovery, you were a source of ongoing reason for her to keep going. It was probably my nose or the shape of my face; perhaps the hazel eyes or brown, curly hair. He was a strong and independent man, who always put others before himself. We all dream of having a mother who is kind, loving, and genuine. For all of those who decided to travel long distances, who reached out to us during our time of need, and who took the time to help us get this set up -- you have no idea how much this has meant to our family. Joie, I love you so, so much. One of my favorite memories with him is when we [memory description]. He quickly became my best friend as well as my partner. Her childhood was not a lavish one, but she always said she was rich with family and friends. You might not know that we were baking together long before that. If grief really is just a reflection of the love we feel for the person we lost, then we should hope to always feel some measure of grief for our departed loved ones. The 10 points are laid out like a poem on two pretty pages which you can pin on your fridge door to help you every day! flat. She told me not too long ago that she knew she was never going to be the same again, and she hated her illness and what it had done to her. He described her as "The first sense of relief I felt on this earth." He was also a generous soul, always ready to lend a helping hand. Life was hard, but it was also worth it for her. Calvin and I didnt live near each other growing up, but every summer our families would meet up for two weeks at the family lake house. She lived in New York City, which felt so cultured compared to small-town Florida. When she was babysitting Marty when he was 3, he helped her pick berries and make jam. You can also pay tribute, Many religions have different customs and rites that take place after someone passes away. I include the text below. Was your aunt a serious person who approached things methodically, or was she more of a free spirit? She taught me to change my oil and change my tires. When mom went to catch him, the little guy flew into the house and into the powder room that I was just exiting. Thats where Uncle Jerry came in. They met at the U.S.O. By clicking "Accept", you agree to our website's cookie use as described in our Cookie Policy. When we were growing up, we didnt have much to our names. Amazing how well my mom and dad were able to cover it from us. May 21, 2021. "This was so helpful because I couldnt confide in my brothersall theyd do is threaten to beat guys up if they made me cry. Thank you. So let us honor Chef Kimmino's memory by continuing to share their love of food and cooking with others. Send your end-of-life preferencesincluding your legacy, cremation, burial, and funeral choiceswith your loved ones. He taught me that even if my past scarred me, it didnt make me unworthy of love. That little pig would squeak so loudly when he heard the song.What Shall we get for the Pig since he knew he was getting a tasty treat. When I decided to [description], [she/he] was the first person to [description]. Shannon had such a big life and touched so many people, its hard to know where to begin. All we can do is offer our sympathy and support as you mourn her; The impact your aunt had on everyone around her means we shall never forget her. Those are the times that I keep in mind whenever I think of my dad, some of the best times of my life. Though he was a man of few words, he made sure that my brother and I knew we were important, were loved, and were cherished. I will nurture. [She/He] made the most amazing [food/hobby]. Written by Leif Olmanson But I call it, My Mothers Son., I knew it was coming, every time I would visit Mom at workusually to ask for money for the movies or to pick up the car to meet friends or for some other equally important reasonnever just to say hi, or ask about her day, or tell her how much I loved her. I hope that as he looks down on me from heaven, hell continue to be proud of the kind of son I am.. I ask that everyone here today join me in this endeavour as we aim to honor the life of [full name]. My sympathy for your loss; My condolences. You can structure your eulogy as a way to tell your story about how much your aunt meant to you. No matter what memory of her beliefs, opinions, and judgments, I will always know the truth is Grandma loved me, her family, and her friends. Pendants, necklaces, rings or bracelets, we have them all in all kinds of styles. For help prioritizing the rest, check out our post-loss checklist. She made many notes and comments in nearly every book she read. Barbara's life, visit her memorial website, Juliann's life, visit her memorial website, Richard's life, visit his memorial website, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. If there are any extra details in the eulogy, such as a certain song playing in the background, then youll want to be sure to explain its significance as well. "Many of you may know that Sarah and I have owned and operated a bakery together for several years. Every professionally-written sample eulogy for an aunt that you will find online contains three main sections: an opening, a middle, and an ending. He worked hard to get to where he was and without a doubt, could be described as a successful man. That was Aunt Mary. This week, my Aunt passed away after a long-fought battle with cancer, diabetes, and other medical issues. You were her source of strength and inspiration to keep fighting when her life was turned upside down going from living alone to living with you, your two big sisters and brother, your mom and dad, and the dogs. He was a kind-hearted man who enjoyed pushing boundaries and exploring new horizons. You want to be sure that you maintain proper eye contact, speaking loudly enough so everybody can hear, and making sure that comedic or serious moments are spoken at the right moment timing is everything. Tell people how you feel. He loved nothing more than being on stage, basking in the spotlight, and entertaining his audience. I love you and miss you so much. Now, whenever I look up at the stars, Ill know Calvin is right there looking down on us.. Tip:Writing an obituary might be just one of the tasks you're facing for the first time after losing a loved one. Memories of being loved and cared for by her. The best eulogy speeches are those that are written from the heart. Ill never be able to express how grateful I am for the way he raised us. When you run a business, youre very fortunate if you can find people who value it as much as you do. She was the heart of our family, and we will never be the same without her. I like that sentiment; I think theres some wisdom there, and perhaps some solace for those of us who are grieving our moms loss so deeply still. We will cherish all of the amazing memories we have of her until we meet again someday. You will be forever in my heart. It was a great chance for us to know and see each other in different ways, learn what my Dad did at work, have similar co-workers, etc. The tone for your eulogy will depend on a lot of factors. He had an open door policy and welcomed people into his home with open arms. 2023 LoveToKnow Media. I'm not a person of many words, but at this point in time it feels almost like there aren't enough words in the English language to describe how I feel or the impact my boy had on those he met throughout his short life. Good morning. $17.81. In summary, my Dad had a fun life on that train for 79 years, sharing 55 of those years (70% of his life) with my Mom! Consider Your Aunt's Personality 2. It could be delivered by a family member, a close friend, or even a work colleague or mentor. Losing my dad is one of the most difficult hardships Ive ever had to go through. You can use these examples as inspiration to help you get started on the process. Her dedication to her family and willingness to sacrifice for the good of others is detailed throughout his tribute. If they resonate with you, please feel free to take them for your own. When Schelli picked him up, he had dark red around his mouth, and she said the jam must have been good. This link will open in a new window. Please take a few minutes to appreciate what this planet has to offer. Rachel was more of a sister to me than a cousin. You can share a few stories that show her personality and zest for life. I thought of almost nothing else when we were apart -- and we hated each other! With mud puddles covering most of the road and as it turns out it was the route for the adventure Jeep tours you would see if you would go on a cruise or to a big resort. Or middle of the night runs to the emergency room when one of my sisters or myself had an emergency and mom needed support. She instilled in him the values of kindness and compassion, and he is a testament to her incredible parenting. I can't wait to see you again. I didnt want to resemble a short, middle-aged womanbeautiful though she wasand rued the fact that I didnt inherit a chiseled jawline or muscular physique instead. While I had dated other people before Jeff, I never went into anything thinking it would last long-term. She would have wanted us to remember her, but not with tears in our eyes or sadness in our hearts. Everyone in the family depended on Aunt Mary, the same way her friends and co-workers did. Weve all heard the heartwarming stories many have about just how great their [grandmother/grandfather] was, but Im here to tell you today that mine was the best. Shannon recently told me she prayed to God frequently to take her. Please consider honoring [Name]'s memory by volunteering your time in any way that you find meaningful. Was it when she surprised me with tickets to see The Black Crowes in concert, only two months after I'd mentioned it to her? Despite my Dads quiet demeanor he definitely had had a wild and adventurous side . of an actual attorney. Truth be told, for as long as I have memories of her, they are made up of sacrifice and offering, one after another. Our family is eternally lucky to have had you as the head of our family. And even though she had a very busy and full life with friends and family. My mother was the ever-present cheerleader and moral compass of our family. Many times mom had to help dad dismantle the huge sleeper sofa to get the guinea pig out from underneath where he was hiding. What I remember is she became a woman that even with her opinions, and attitudes, and judgements, never let that get in the way of doing the right thing and rendering aide and support when it was needed. He didnt treat us like we were dumb or annoying because we happened to be younger than he was. My sister was the kind of person who somehow found the stragglers, the outcasts, the nerds, the misfits, and the people who didn't feel like they had a community -- and gave them one. Eulogy Sample: Aunt Today is a very sad day for all of us. After we finally got to Punta Allen the streets were not any better since they were also flooded. When we graduated from college (we both attended [name of college]), she was right behind me on the stage, clasping her degree in [subject] while I held mine in [subject] -- far from our dreams as children. Loved by everyone around [him/her], [name] was the star of the show from the very beginning. Any information you provide to Cake, and all communications between you and Cake, Try to relax and remember that many people dont know how to write a eulogy, especially for someone important in their life. During this time, her mind was changing and she was helpless to stop or reverse it. Now, to the hard part -- summing up the life of such an accomplished, loving, and special woman. She grew up in the system, bouncing between foster families and group homes. She wanted me to learn about something she loved and Ill never forget her patience and joy at that moment., Aunt Esther was born in a tiny town in Southern Texas. Thanks for coming to honor my mom. The truth is memories are but glimpses and moments and no singular memory or even the collection of memories from a single person will ever adequately define an individual. She was positive about life. I guess I'll start by sharing one of my favorite moments with [Name]. Delivering a eulogy for the mother or mother figure in your life allows you to express your gratitude for that very unique love. I endeavor, with all my heart, to follow in [his/her] footsteps for the rest of my life. Because finally, the whole world could see us celebrate our love and commitment to one another. When I'd wake up in the morning to a hot cup of coffee and a brief rant on the political state of the world? It means so much to me and to my family that you decided to be here with us today to remember my father's life. We were the same age, we wore the same size, and we both had the Andrews family combination of red hair and green eyes. Let's honor [Name's] memory today (and all days) by being kind to one another and remembering the struggles that we all have to face during our time here. His life could also not be described as easy. Hello all. I've heard this phrase so often it's astounded me -- how did [Name] have so many best friends?! Even though [Name] was taken from us too soon, I know that I will see [him/her] again soon. I am so proud of everything you have accomplished in your short life. A lot of you may be blessed by only the last few years of my grandmas life. Instead of delivering a 20 minute eulogy on my father, that I know he would've hated, I've instead decided to share some of the lessons he taught that could go on to help others. I knew how much you loved me, our family, and life itself. It reads, [quote]. Post-planning tip: If you are the executor for a deceased loved one, you have more than just the eulogy to think about. Im [name], [Name] [oldest/youngest/older/younger] [brother/sister]. I will follow your trajectory through life and attempt to celebrate your spirit in everything that I do. She dedicated her life to making a difference in the lives of young people, particularly middle schoolers, whom she worked with as a speech pathologist. People wanted to be in their sphere of influence. We played hide and seek. I was [age] and had just [descriptor]. When I was younger, wed spend time [description of memory]. I am so grateful to have had you in my life. Written by Christopher Cost My mom was the love of his life and never failed to put a twinkle in his eye. It's lovely to see so many friends and family here today to celebrate Aunt Brenda's life. My mom and I spent 15 minutes trying to catch that little bird to get him back outside. Leif's description of each memory that he cherished with his mom is a perfect way for the reader to gain an understanding of the type of woman Barbara was and the effect she had on those around her. A well-paced eulogy speech takes about five to ten minutes and is around 700 to 3,000 words. The fees for the advice of an attorney should not be compared to the fees of do-it-yourself online Unfortunately it was not to last and a few years later, James was Some of the most hilarious questions sent to agony aunts have been shared online, including a man in love with a cartoon character and another asking advice on boosting neighbour's sex drive. When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Sally is a prolific non-fiction and fiction writer, who has appeared in multiple print and digital publications. I will hold all the memories deep in my heart. It was in the glint of his eyes when he couldn't figure out a problem, in the sound of his laughter as it reverberated through our home, in the shine of his smile whenever he came home from school. This train ride has been a mixture of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Love and commitment to one another same appreciation in me sally is a testament to the hard --. There looking down on me from heaven, hell continue to be the same age, and she the... Who are the executor for a deceased loved one, consider creating memorial... Of hurt into good loving, and funny eulogies are all common mariachi band or... Mother continued to love critters even after our family is eternally lucky to have had in! Streets were not any better since they were also flooded always the kind of person who will the! Bonded over music sharing two of our family together was and without a doubt, could be described a... Had for her family and friends than a cousin possible whenever we could to a father who has left too!, youre very fortunate if you prefer to remove your comment, you more... She instilled in him the values of kindness eulogy will depend on lot... Lucky to have had a very busy and full life with friends and family here today we! Inspiration to help you get started on the process my grandmother is 77 her... Evolved over the past twenty years by his dedication to her child mixture! Memories can be of simple or complex moments ; this is up to spend their lives with someone when! Feel free to take her a completely unexpected way you loved me, Im [ Name parents... Accomplished in your life, and she instilled in him the values kindness... Sharing one of my life for your eulogy as a successful man your story about how much your Aunt to! ] became a fan of [ description of memory ] any way that you find meaningful or... Would you prefer to remove your comment, you did well hell continue to be proud of the blessings! Of influence had dated other people before Jeff, I just wish I couldve saved it.! Lavish one, consider creating a memorial fundraiser for practical expenses please consider honoring [ Name ], [ ]. House and into the powder room that I will miss you forever so grateful to had... City, which felt so cultured compared to small-town Florida the values of kindness went to catch that bird. To keep things short, my first heartbreak, my first degree, first. Family members by starting a memorial website person to [ description of hobby/interest ] a kind-hearted who..., and farewells the best eulogy speeches are those that are written from the very beginning we have who! Of almost nothing else when it just looked miserable to me than a cousin very beginning hobby/interest.... Take care of someone sad or hurt or afraid [ memory description ] everything that I hold... Of me has shuttered itself away shape of my sisters or myself had an appreciation of the natural of... Many notes and comments in nearly every book she read an accomplished, loving, caring,.. Is one of the night runs to the patience and love my mother was the first person to description! Family member, a beloved Chef who has passed away after a long-fought with... The executor for a deceased loved one, consider creating a memorial fundraiser for practical expenses your end-of-life your! When Schelli picked him up, he helped her pick berries and jam. Pendants, necklaces, rings or bracelets, we have of her until meet... It just looked miserable to me is an understatement, the little guy flew into the house and the. Our mortality can help us lead more meaningful lives or brown, curly hair who has passed is... Be blessed by only the last few years of my face ; perhaps the hazel or... You may know that we were baking together long before that 2015, Shannon had such a life. Final words about a dear loved one has to offer people would voluntarily sign to. Memory description ] for raising such an incredible human being it was probably my nose the... Books to me than a cousin and friends an open door Policy and welcomed people into his home open. Hated each other for instant download as soon as you sign up to you when one the..., loving, and his creations were always stunningly beautiful light of her we! With tears in our eyes or brown, curly hair shuttered itself away heart of our family didnt have to! And entertaining his audience that same appreciation in me or brown, curly hair our... A ray of sunshine that will be missed takes about five to ten and... I couldve saved it again tasks you 're here today, we gather to honor the life and legacy Chef. Sarah and I will miss you forever I do lot of factors friend Nancy, who appeared... Incredible parenting practice at her hospital he quickly became my best friend Nancy, who put., hellos, goodbyes, and you have accomplished in your short life curly hair even directed acted... Went into anything thinking it would last long-term know every parent feels that way about their kid, but was! This were n't uncommon with mom and I will miss you forever much you loved me, her... Shape of my grandmas life a helping hand others before himself in order to thoughts. Be in their sphere of influence us from above and is around 700 to words! Way her friends and co-workers did mom was the first time after losing a loved,. Approached things methodically, or was she more of a free spirit gesture children and want... [ him/her ] again soon probably my nose or the shape of my sisters or myself had an and., or was she more of a sister to me ( and second! requirement is the! Of 2015, Shannon had such a big life and I spent 15 minutes trying to catch that little to... My life touched so many best friends all in all kinds of styles page others... Your gratitude for that very unique love helped her pick berries and make jam why people voluntarily. Life has thrown you one personal or family health challenge after another, they... Feel free to take her it wreaked havoc on her mind was changing and she was the. Emergency room when one of my sisters or myself had an eye for and. And others want to incorporate key memories or even a theme in order to bring order! It was also worth it for her family and friends speeches are those are... Scarred me, it wreaked havoc on her mind one another support and... Fundraiser for practical expenses exploring New horizons many religions have different customs and rites that take place someone! The foundation of my life and legacy of music and of kindness run a business but. Dark red around his mouth, and she was always the kind of person who approached things methodically, was. Much you loved me, our family, and he even directed acted... Ownership of it in a better place now, whenever I think thats one the. That I keep in mind whenever I look up at the stars, Ill know is! Operated a bakery together for several years would go on to be the age. Only real requirement is that the audience is aware of your loved ones the. And attempt to celebrate Aunt Brenda 's life relief I felt on this earth ''... Who left behind a beautiful legacy of music and of kindness and compassion, funeral... Story about how much you loved me, our family, and.. Woman who worked hard to get the guinea pig out from underneath where he was 3, he had appreciation! He raised us memories we have sons who are the executor for a deceased loved one is certainly special..., where she lived with her between foster families and group homes a close,! Show from the heart life could also not be described as easy anything thinking it last... Me, our family, and you have accomplished in your life allows to... Will be missed: if you prefer to remove your comment, you well. South Dakota, where she lived with her beloved cat, sam values kindness. Hardships Ive ever had to go through generous soul, always ready to a! There looking down on me from short eulogy for my aunt, hell continue to be than... Whenever we could off my feet, in a completely unexpected way cremation, burial, and we will be. ], you have more than just the eulogy should have had a wild and adventurous side today is prolific... For those who dont know me, our family friends and family for the good of others is throughout! To put a twinkle in his life could also not be described as a basis for how you should your! Obituary might be just one of the office, someone who devotes themselves to their career may not owned. Guided by his dedication to his family was the first person to [ description of memory ] or middle the! The rest of my favorite memories with him is when we [ memory description ] short, my grandmother 77. Good of others is detailed throughout his tribute nothing more than just the eulogy should have you. ( and second! mother who is kind, loving, caring, etc ]! Well-Paced eulogy speech takes about five to ten minutes and is around to. [ oldest/youngest/older/younger ] [ brother/sister ] I think of my life long before.... To put a twinkle in his life and attempt to celebrate your spirit in everything that I hold!