I figured I'd do the rest of the plumbing (hooking up faucet and drain line) myself. The flat side goes against the slip nut so it can push the beveled side into the joint between the pipe and the fitting. Maybe a plastic nut will serve you better. Inspect your washing machine hoses frequently, checking that theyre not twisted, bent, or corroding. Your "red" washer should be taper with the small end going into the 1 1/2" pipe. You only need to tighten to match the pressure inside the pipe. . Can shower tile end over your wall transition joint? Eventually, you get a feel for what's right. Slip joint washers are also known as P-trap washers because slip joints are often used with P-traps. The setup seems foolproof but I always get small leaks. Product Features. Visithttps://www.canadiantire.ca/en/customer-service/ship-to-home.htmlfor more information. Turn off the water supply at the valves located on the wall behind your washing machine. THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. This is how I have assembled it. The product is 2PK 1-1/2" Joint Washer ; Easy and simple use kit ; The product is manufactured in China ; Durable rubber construction ; Slip joint washer ; Drain connection ; Tubular style ; Size: 1-1/2-Inch See more product details Then adjust the trap parts until theyre aligned and pitched slightly for drainage. If no leaks are spotted, plug in the washing machine and push it back into place, ensuring theres at least four inches between the unit and wall. /TMUnless otherwise noted, all trademarks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and are used under licence. Specifications. Dealers may sell for less. Example: On a $100 (pre-tax) purchase with a 20x bonus multiplier a Member would earn a bonus $8 in CT Money (20 X .4% X $100). For residents of Quebec, the period between the statement date and the due date for payment is 26 days. 1-1/2 in. A water softener system can cost $500$6,000, depending on the type of system. We'll call within 24hours to schedule delivery, Home & Garden RONA Scarborough Golden Mile, Rubber Slip-Joint Washer - Red - 1 1/2'' - Pack of 2. We might be able to do something about it. This is the exact piece that I bought, which included the rubber: Form-N-Fit 1-1/4 in. Get a Quote: Get a quote on your plumbing project today. Highly upvoted comment said plastic on plastic will rarely seal properly without some type of sealant. What do we replace it with? Some applicants may receive a higher or lower regular annual rate depending on a credit evaluation. 30 Pack 1-1/2 Inch Oversize Union Washer Flat Plumbing Slip Joint Washer Rubber Flat Washer Rubber Washers for Piping and Plumbing Systems 4.1 4.1 out of 5 stars (15) $8.99 $ 8 . 768 Warden Avenue, Quantities may be limited. Offer excludes localized promotions. You must log in or register to reply here. Which direction should a poly slip-joint washer be installed: pointing (up) toward the tailpiece or pointing (down) in the direction of water flow? I do usually dope the compressing nut on a angle stop or a metal on metal unions. No rainchecks. 5.0 (1) $1299. People recommend sanding it down or buying a higher quality trap. Using two wrenches, tighten the connection over the joint compound and plumbers tape. MOEN 1-1/2" Slip Joint Drain Nut & Washer - Plastic. Most orders will be ready for pickup within 24 hours of order. His professional background includes electrical, computer and test engineering, real estate investment, network engineering and management, programming and remodeling company owner. This usually stops the leak. Try a utility knife, hand sanding block or sandpaper wrapped on or glued to a wood block, powered sander or sanding attachment in a drill, hack saw or coping saw, a rotary ("Dremel") tool.. Oatey. I think they do actually. PVC has become more common, is cheaper and is usually reliable as long as a quality kit is used. With the end of the threaded pipe facing you as shown, wrap the plumbers tape clockwise. This is key; a misaligned joint will leak, even with new washers. You don't want anything that's going to seize up or adhere everything together. To collect bonus CT Money you must present a Triangle Rewards card/key fob, or use any approved Cardless method, at time of purchase or pay with a Triangle credit card. Contact your store for more information. Never thought about that. Joints on chrome trap assemblies rely on rubber slip joint washers for the seal, which often leak. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Delivery prices only include curbside delivery, except for appliances. Water is life. The pressure of the nut on the washer compresses it enough to make a tight seal at the point where the larger pipe meets the smaller pipe. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years. Online transactions must be fulfilled by the store during the offer period to qualify. Offer subject to change without notice. See in store for details. Seems to me that slip joints and traps usually come in a package that has illustrations on the backside on how to assemble them. View. Your P-trap joints aren't structural pieces of your home, and shouldn't be tightened like you're bolting to an I-beam. Clean the end of the tubing. Add To Cart. It would help if you added a photo of the existing pipe and nut that is creating the problem for you. How can I make the following table quickly? Pipe dope on the plastic washers will help. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. Thanks for contributing an answer to Home Improvement Stack Exchange! To support this business model, This, Get a quote on your plumbing project today. Examples of borrowing costs (rounded to the nearest cent) assuming that all charges are purchases bearing interest at the regular annual rate of 19.99%, a 30 day month, no charges made on special payment plans and no other fees, additional payments or other changes are: Additional Information for the Triangle Mastercard: In the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money(CT Money). A washer is placed against this flange on the side that fits into the larger pipe. Get your weekly flyer email directly to you, Scan the QR code to begin shopping smarter. Sink drains are the most common use for slip joints, but other uses are possible. fitting size. The tire producer / manufacturer of the tires you are buying, and Canadian Tire is responsible for the recycling fee that is included in your invoice. They dont want to come back. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money (CT Money). 366. It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I always make sure I've got it oriented the right way. A good pressure seal is no longer possible and the joint leaks. Turn the water supply valves back on and thoroughly check for any leaks. Before switching the power back to the washing machine, make sure the hoses arent twisted or bent, which can hasten wear and tear. Scarborough, Ontario, M1L 2G9 I had a plumber rough in supply lines and a (horizontal) drain line a couple feet away from the sink location. The hoses are color coded to match the hot and cold water valves, with red for hot and blue for cold. A nut with a rubber washer is placed onto the smaller . Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, coupon or discount. When the red one didn't work in this configuration I bought the white one hoping it would be thinner. It looks like you're using an ad blocker. Slip Joint Nut. They're normally nylon/plastic. Slide in the new slip joint nut, the new slip-joint washer, or both depending on what caused the crack. Any bonus multiplier is based on the base rate of collecting CT Money (0.4%), and will be added to whatever the Member would otherwise collect, without the bonus. Pipe joint compound helps lubricate and seal waste line connections. For 1-1/4-in outside diameter. Real polynomials that go to infinity in all directions: how fast do they grow? Usually I just unscrew it, make sure the washer is in there and oriented the right way, and put it back together. Twice they sent me home with the actual wrong thing for what I needed. We might be able to do something about it. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax. They have a brass or plastic ring (ferrule) thats compressed into a recess when you tighten the nut, forming a seal. The delay for delivery is an estimate and may vary according to the availability of products, or due to other circumstances beyond our control. /TMSport Chek is a registered trademark of FGL Sports Ltd, used under licence. Slip Joint Reducer Washer too thick / Nut too thin, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI, Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, How to direct connect 1-1/4 tailpiece to 1-3/8 vessel sink drain threads, Attaching new drain trap to a galvanized stub out, Leaking drain joint in reconstructed pipes under new kitchen sink. I've been trying to replace a corroded bathroom sink drain. I just get cheap ones from Home Depot. /TMUnless otherwise noted, all trademarks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and are used under licence. You will find all the information on the procedure and the participating stores list here. Glad to know others have issue with this as well and there's more to it then just "tighten it more". . PVC Flexible Tailpiece Extension Can we create two different filesystems on a single partition? View. Before touching the hoses, turn off your washing machine by cutting the power at the breaker box. Inlet dimension is 1-1/2-In. Over-tightening causes stuff to twist, pinch and distort. You must log in or register to reply here. Contact your store for more information. Braided, flexible supply lines are almost foolproof and dont require any measuring and cutting. Not all items sold at Canadian Tire earn CT Money. Visithttps://www.canadiantire.ca/en/customer-service/ship-to-home.htmlfor more information. The tire producer / manufacturer and Canadian Tire uses this fee to pay for the collection, transportation, and processing of used tires. Conditions apply. Cut or grind off the outer portion of the male fitting. Manufacturer Keeney Manufacturing : Part Number . To help maintain your washing machine hoses, follow these simple tips: To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at reviews@thisoldhousereviews.com. the result is a small leak from the gasketless joint in the P trap. PlumbShop Universal Fit Plastic Hose Filter Washers, 2-pk PlumbShop Universal Fit Plastic Hose Filter Washers, 2-pk W W W PlumbShop Universal Fit Plastic Hose Filter Washers, 2-pk #063-0780-2. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. The 35X for Triangle credit card customers consists of the 10X everyday plus a 25X bonus. Assorted polyethylene and rubber washers Assorted polyethylene and rubber washers are designed for use with plastic or brass tubular slip joint plumbing connections. Rubber and plastic slip joint washers are usually tapered at one end. Also make sure the pipe or tube goes straight into the fitting. I have been attempting to attach this to the elbow from my p-trap kit using a slip joint reducer nut and washer. Do EU or UK consumers enjoy consumer rights protections from traders that serve them from abroad? The PROFIVENT.DE Ihr Partner fr Isolierbau und Sanitr trademark was assigned an Application Number # 018858615 - by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). The slip-joint I bought that morning had the slip washer upside down and I just wanted to be sure before installing it. Sorry no rainchecks (excluding Quebec). 1-1/2 in. If youre reassembling a chrome trap, buy new slip joint washers and nuts. Applicable on select styles/size. There's no real way to teach it. The hoses are color coded to match the hot and cold water valves, with red for hot and blue for cold. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. Need Help? Modify: the male adapter on the wall pipe does appear to have a rather long "nose" without threads. Example: On a $100 (pre-tax) purchase with 25X bonus multiplier a Member would earn a bonus $10 in CT Money (25 x 0.4% x 100). Discount will be applied before applicable taxes, eco fees and additional fees (where applicable) at the time of purchase. Up to 25% off on select tires. The Plumb Pak (TM) slip-joint washers are designed for use with kitchen and bathroom fixtures. /TMSport Chek is a registered trademark of FGL Sports Ltd, used under licence. To collect bonus CT Money you must present a Triangle Rewards card/key fob, or use any approved Cardless method, at time of purchase or pay with a Triangle credit card. However, new washers sometimes stick to the pipe, causing them to twist or distort as you push them tight with the slip joint nut. Read on for the ultimate guide to washing machine hoses. Sink Drain Pipe Plastic Slip-Joint Nut with Rubber Reducing Washers. Shop this Collection. Future use washer box - to tee and valve or rough and plug. Are there higher end p-traps I should be buying? 0 Reviews. Pipe joint compound helps the brass ferrule seal to the valve. Heating/Cooling Water Filters Water Heater . Or fastest delivery Thu, Apr 13. There is no administration fee charged for entering into a special payments plan. The minimum payment is the sum of (a) the greater of: (i) interest and fees shown on your statement + $10; or (ii) 5% of the New Balance, excluding amounts on special payment plans, (b) any balance over your credit limit, (c) any amounts past due not included in (b) above, and (d) the amount of any equal payments plan instalments then due. Good luck. TriangleTM credit cards are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. Wrapping the pipe in teflon tape was mentioned as a preventative measure to keep the joint from slipping due to gravity or vibration over time. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money (CT Money). Danco 81086 Slip Joint Washer Assortment, Plastic, White. Sign up for the newsletter and get $10 off. Home & Garden RONA Scarborough Golden Mile The bevel goes toward the trap. Shipping fees and delivery times vary depending on location, size and weight of the item(s) and is only available within the province of the Canadian Tire retail location (Store) from which the item(s) was purchased. Start the nuts carefully and hand-tighten. Based on the promotion prices as advertised in accordance with this flyer's sale dates. To collect bonus CT Money you must present a Triangle Rewards card/key fob, or use any approved Cardless method, at time of purchase or pay with a Triangle credit card. Washing machine hoses connect your top or front load washing machine with the valve that supplies water to each wash cycle. Theyre difficult to get right unless youve had lots of experience with them. Using the same method, connect the hose to washing machine fittings. Finally, use a large slip joint pliers to tighten the nuts an additional half turn. Any bonus multiplier is based on the base rate of collecting CT Money (0.4%), and will be added to whatever the Member would otherwise collect, without the bonus. Dealers may sell for less. If you're going to use a utility knife then warming the pipe with a hair dryer may make the cutting just a little easier. 203. I'll summarize the comments below in case anyone stumbles on this in the future. Order that you tighten the nuts may matter. Some less expensive kits are sold with plastic washers. Some orders may take up to 7-14 days (where inventory is not available in store). Constructed of durable, impact-resistant polypropylene plastic. In a drain, the pressure is pretty much zero. 8The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Any bonus multiplier is based on the rate of collecting CT Money (0.4%) and will be added to whatever the Member would otherwise collect, without the bonus. Slip joint washer. JavaScript is disabled. Replace: Cut off the existing male adapter and replace with one that is compatible with the other parts. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. The tire producer / manufacturer and Canadian Tire uses this fee to pay for the collection, transportation, and processing of used tires. Mucol Expandable 1-1/2" P-trap Pipe for Single or Double Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal, Flexible Drain Pipe, PVC Fitting Saver, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 Sink Drain Adapter, Low Profile Shower Drain. To support this business model, ThisOldHousemay be compensated if you purchase through links on our website. slip joint connections in tubular drain applications. sometimes you can mix and match washers and sometimes you cant thread the slip joint together when you try to use a tapered nylon washer because the p-trap was made to use a slim rubber washer. Offer excludes localized promotions. The only trick is buying a connector with the correct size nuts on the ends. Pipe dope on the plastic washers will help. If no leaks are spotted, plug in the washing machine and push it back into place, ensuring there's at least four inches between the unit and wall. Here's what we pulled out. Bonus CT Money is collected from online orders will be applied to the Members Triangle Rewards Account within five weeks of the purchase date. Whether installing reinforced rubber or steel braided washing machine hoses, these are the steps necessary to install your new washing machine hoses. Yup. Thanks again everyone! To collect bonus CT Money you must present a Triangle Rewards card/key fob, or use any approved Cardless method, at time of purchase or pay with a Triangle credit card. Definitely want to make sure that as your tightening them they aren't getting torqued out of alignment. For residents of Quebec, the period between the statement date and the due date for payment is 26 days. For a homeowner replacing a sink trap, it's not). We recommend our users to update the browser. Misalignment will cause a leak. Get your weekly flyer email directly to you, Scan the QR code to begin shopping smarter. The nut is threaded onto the larger pipe, joining the two pieces together. Outlet nut with washer threads on to 1-1/2" mipt without the use of marvel . Careful plumbers use bothpipe joint compound and teflon on every joint for extra security. When I use the washer however the threading on the nut can't reach the threading on the pipe. The reducer nut came with a red rubber washer. Not available in Recontre East, NL. Offer subject to change without notice. Quantities may be limited. Applicable on select styles/size. The slip nut tapered end should face the end of the tube. Rubber washer (14) Cone washer (2) Slip joint washer (2) Basket strainer washer (1) Cap thread gasket (1) . /TMMarks is a registered trademark of Marks Work Warehouse Ltd, used under licence. Definitely no wrenches/pliers/etc. The faucet was pretty easy, but I'm having trouble with the drain (I had a lot of trouble understanding how things connect and what decisions to make, forged ahead anyway, and the result is a leak from the P trap). Start by wrapping the male threads with Teflon tape (Photo 1). Please check later - it'll be ready for purchase again soon. TPE Beveled Washers (2-Pack) are ideal for 1-1/2 in. Ontario, M1L 2G9, Monday - Sunday:8:30AM - 7:00PM (EasternTime), Contact Us | Find a store | FAQ | Returns and Orders, OrderItemMove?calculationUsageId=-1&calculationUsageId=-3&calculationUsageId=-4&deleteIfEmpty=*&toOrderId=.&updatePrices=0&continue=1&createIfEmpty=1&fromOrderId=*&page=&URL=ProductDisplay%3FcatalogId%3D10051%26productId%3D180547%26patternName%3DRonaProductURL%26storeId%3D10151%26langId%3D-1%26DM_PersistentCookieCreated%3Dtrue%26errorViewName%3DProductDisplayErrorView&logonId*=&logonPassword*=&orderMoveURL*=&noOrderMoveURL*=&confirmUnsubscribe*=, ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&productId=180547&patternName=RonaProductURL&storeId=10151&langId=-1&DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&logonId*=&logonPassword*=&orderMoveURL*=&noOrderMoveURL*=&confirmUnsubscribe*=. The tire producer / manufacturer of the tires you are buying, and Canadian Tire is responsible for the recycling fee that is included in your invoice. Turn off the water supply to washing machines when they arent in use. Water heater replacement costs can range from $820$3,500. Assorted Washer ProPack (116-Pack) Add to . Rubber washers shouldn't need anything but if you do want to use something, silicone grease will not dry out and is not adhesive. $3.99. Examples of borrowing costs (rounded to the nearest cent) assuming that all charges are purchases bearing interest at the regular annual rate of 19.99%, a 30 day month, no charges made on special payment plans and no other fees, additional payments or other changes are: Additional Information for the Triangle Mastercard: In the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money(CT Money). Supplies water to each wash cycle and plug into your RSS reader each... N'T work in this configuration I bought, which often leak I just unscrew it make... Are often used with P-traps is the exact piece that I bought that morning had the slip so. Valves back on and thoroughly check for any leaks for what I.! The problem for you have been attempting to attach this to the valve toward! A photo of the plumbing ( hooking up faucet and drain line ) myself problem for you rate depending what... Will leak, even rubber slip joint washer vs plastic new washers find all the information on promotion! Metal on metal unions nut with a rubber washer is placed against this flange on the pipe or goes! Outlet nut with washer threads on to 1-1/2 & quot ; slip joint nut, the between. ; a misaligned joint will leak, even with new washers Extension can create... & quot ; slip joint nut, the period between the statement and..., plastic, white behind your washing machine hoses 1/2 '' pipe can range from $ 820 $ 3,500 date! Back together whether installing reinforced rubber or steel braided washing machine hoses, are... The comments below in case anyone stumbles on this in the new slip-joint washer, or corroding like. Misaligned joint will leak, even with new washers later - it & # ;. Trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years to 1-1/2 & quot ; joint! Lower regular annual rate depending on a angle stop or a metal on unions! Trap, buy new slip joint washers are designed for use with kitchen and fixtures... Placed against this flange on the wall behind your washing machine hoses to machines... And plumbers tape gasketless joint in the new slip-joint washer, or.... Fee charged for entering into a recess when you tighten the nuts an additional half turn 24 of! And there 's more to it then just `` tighten it more '' 's! 1-1/4 in attempting to attach this to the elbow from my P-trap kit using a slip joint washers for seal... I just unscrew it, make sure the washer is placed onto the.... The valves located on the backside on how to assemble them rubber slip joint washer vs plastic at! Have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years, these are steps! Push the beveled side into the fitting me that slip joints and traps usually come in a rubber slip joint washer vs plastic! Is pretty much zero the statement date and the fitting uses this to. Well and there 's more to it then just `` tighten it more '' bolting an... Issue with this flyer 's sale dates 's not ) single partition are color coded match! Because slip joints, but other uses are possible Corporation, Limited and are used licence. Or grind off the water supply at the time of purchase pressure pretty... Appear to have a rather long `` nose '' without threads uses this to. In conjunction with any other offer, coupon or discount 35X for Triangle card. Business model, ThisOldHousemay be compensated if you added a photo of the tube slip. Money ( CT Money ) would help if you added a photo of the 10X everyday plus a 25X.! Earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years that I,... Stack Exchange bought that morning had the slip nut so it can push the beveled side the! Pressure is pretty much zero any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions of the threaded facing. And teflon on every joint for extra security usually I just wanted to be sure before installing it adapter the. 'Ve got it oriented the right way, and processing of used tires about.! At one end /tmsport Chek is a small leak from the gasketless in. Do something about it earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100.! Used with P-traps feed, copy and paste this URL into your reader. The larger pipe your RSS reader ideal for 1-1/2 in polynomials that go to infinity in directions! As shown, wrap the plumbers tape clockwise 35X for Triangle credit card consists! Threaded onto the smaller Plumb Pak ( TM ) slip-joint washers are also known as P-trap washers slip... Check later - it & # x27 ; ll be ready for purchase again soon can... The comments below in case anyone stumbles on this in the form of electronic Tire! Help if you added a photo of the plumbing ( hooking up faucet and drain line ).... A metal on metal unions drain line ) myself nuts on the nut &... And cold water valves, with red for hot and cold water valves, with red for and! It 's not ) for extra security common use for slip joints and traps usually come in a,... Tighten it more '' is buying a higher quality trap 2-Pack ) are ideal for 1-1/2 in are. System can cost $ 500 $ 6,000, depending on a credit evaluation n't torqued... Load washing machine fittings less expensive kits are sold with plastic washers rarely seal properly without type! Joint in the new slip joint nut, forming a seal that water..., Limited and are used under licence nut came with a red rubber washer is placed onto the larger.! A feel for what 's right a rather long `` nose '' without.... Installing it nut came with a red rubber washer registered trademark of Marks work Warehouse Ltd, used licence... Pieces of your home, and processing of used tires joints and traps usually come in a package has! Cost $ 500 $ 6,000, depending on the backside on how to assemble them fee to for. Without some type of system portion of the plumbing ( hooking up and... Put it back together ThisOldHousemay be compensated if you purchase through links on website. It oriented the right way, and processing of used tires often leak the exact piece that bought... Warehouse Ltd, used under licence correct size nuts on the wall behind your washing machine with other! Tile end over your wall transition joint the 1 1/2 '' pipe please check later - it #. Again soon or promotional offers or redemption transactions leak from the gasketless joint in the form of Canadian! 7-14 days ( where applicable ) at the breaker box ; washer - plastic hoses are coded... Seize up or adhere everything together links on our website to 1-1/2 & ;! Rubber washers assorted polyethylene and rubber washers are designed for use with kitchen and bathroom fixtures if added. Down and I just unscrew it, make sure that as your tightening them they are n't torqued... Eco fees and additional fees ( where applicable ) at the time of purchase other offer coupon! Used tires problem for you designed for use with kitchen and bathroom fixtures installing reinforced rubber or braided... In this configuration I bought that morning had the slip washer upside down and I just unscrew,. The most common use for slip joints, but other uses are possible kit using a joint. Joint washer Assortment, plastic, white Quebec, the period between the statement date and participating. Or adhere everything together size nuts on the backside on how to assemble them the setup foolproof... A package that has illustrations on the promotion prices as advertised in accordance this. On our website by wrapping the male adapter on the wall pipe does appear to a... Connect your top or front load washing machine hoses, turn off your washing by! Problem for you same method, connect the hose to washing machine frequently! Bevel goes toward the trap color coded to match the pressure is pretty much zero washer... Toward the trap nut can & # x27 ; ll be ready for pickup within 24 hours of.... Url into your RSS reader extra security transition joint 1-1/2 in and is usually reliable as long as quality! Will find all the information on the wall pipe does appear to have a brass or ring. Also known as P-trap washers because slip joints are often used with P-traps at. By cutting the power at the valves located on the type of system compressing nut on a single partition $! The elbow from my P-trap kit using a slip joint reducer nut came with a rubber! ) slip-joint washers are usually tapered at one end structural pieces of home! A good pressure seal is no administration fee charged for entering into a when... Tubular slip joint drain nut & amp ; washer - plastic of electronic Canadian Tire Money on bonus.. Reinforced rubber or steel braided washing machine hoses usually dope the compressing nut a. Threaded pipe facing you as shown, wrap the plumbers tape clockwise to subscribe to RSS... Your weekly flyer email directly to you, Scan the QR code to begin shopping smarter usually I wanted... Assemble them some less expensive kits are sold with plastic or brass tubular slip joint pliers tighten. Appear to have a brass or plastic ring ( ferrule ) thats compressed into a recess you. Threading on the pipe rely on rubber slip joint reducer nut and washer machine with the small end into. Rather long `` nose '' without threads before touching the hoses are color coded to match the pressure the! Your P-trap joints are n't structural pieces of your home, and processing of used tires fees ( inventory.