ROB THE MOB is an intense crime drama with some comedy. But it's nothing wrong with a movie to inspire from the true event even it is similar to other stories. All of this is set against the celebrity fest that was the Gotti trial, which is integrated well. Yeah, I'm at 140 Union Avenue. Rob the Mob: The Real Story. Slightly amusing (intentionally? The story was made intocrime film in 2014. Two Shot And Several Beaten By Mob WebRob the Mob Edit Groove Is in the Heart Written by Herbie Hancock, Dmitry Brill (as D'mitry Brill), Towa Tei (as Dong-Hwa Chung), Q-Tip (as Kamaal Fareed), Lady Miss Kier (as Kier Kirby) Performed by Deee-Lite Courtesy of Elektra Entertainment Group By arrangement with Warner Music Group Film & TV Licensing Tierra Lejana This film is very "New York" in style, attitude, and accent, so maybe that was a turnoff to some people. Rob the Mob begins in 1992 when a drug addict ex-con named Tommy Uva got a job with his wife and fellow drug addict Rosemarie at a Although its set in the early 90s, Rob the Mob has the loose, jaunty feel This is another unbelievably true story, that has been brought to the big screen and the public eye, because of our on-going fascination with organized crime. Starring: Michael Pitt, Nina Arianda, Andy Garcia, Ray Romano, Burt Young, Griffin Dunne, Michael Rispoli, Aida Turturro, Frank Whaley, Cathy Moriarty, Executive Producer: Raymond de Felitta, Jonathan Fernandez, William Kay, Isabel Teitler, Bill Lee, CEO, Millennium Entertainment (a subsidiary of Exclusive Media Group) Rosie and Tommy are thrilled with their score, but the mafia are furious. It was released on March 21, 2014. He got cancelled by the mob then acted this way and made a career out of it. This movie did not get much screen time and no publicity and so very few people have heard of it. The robbery scenes are packed with comedic tension, and for awhile its hard not to get swept away in his excitement over his ill-gotten gains, because Tommy is robbing the gangsters for somewhat sympathetic reasons, to avenge his fathers death. Lovell reformed his life and mainly hires ex-cons at his firm. By creating an account, you agree to the However, the only jobs they can find cant pay their bills. He gets an Uzi, which he does not know how to use. Support, Available on Pluto TV, FilmRise, Peacock, Prime Video, Tubi TV, iTunes, Amazon Freevee. I guess we focused on the mafia guys too much. I like movies based on true stories. Umeken t tr s ti Osaka v hai nh my ti Toyama trung tm ca ngnh cng nghip dc phm. A true and unusual twist on mobster movies. Privacy Policy This film is by no means Oscar material, but it is very entertaining, and I'm surprised that it was barely released out to theaters before going onto DVD. When you fire a long burst from an automatic weapon, the continuous recoil moves the barrel up. Even the title seems to be something of a giveaway. Scottsdale, Arizona to Host Kirk Cameron and Sheriff Mark Lamb Library Book Event, Hilary Swank Gives Birth to Twins: Boy (and Girl!) A man accused of attempting to rob Esther Price on Valentines Day was criminally charged Monday. As they got to the intersection of Woodhaven Boulevard and 103rd Avenue, Dominick Pizzonia, a Gambino family capo, allegedly shot the couple several times in the head.[2]. | The Mighty Ducks Game Changers S2E1. It's tough to find anyone sympathetic in this one. An investigation into the footage of the looting is reportedly ongoing. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The true-life story of a crazy-in-love Queens couple who robbed a series of mafia social clubs and got away with it for a while until they stumble upon a score bigger than they ever planned and become targets of both the mob and the FBI. A photo of Tommy and Rosemarie Uva is displayed over some final title cards, which explains that the list they stole led to several mob convictions. The largely Queens-set Rob The Mob continues an apparent outer-borough series that includes 2000s Two Family House (Staten Island) and 2009s City Island (the Bronx). WebGotham Knights Episode 5 Spoiler REVIEW - Harvey Dent Begins to CRACK! At the same time, we're giving more intellectually driven characters such as Andy Garcia's Al (a mob boss), and a surprisingly effective role for Ray Romano as a journalist telling their story. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jurassic Park Movies Ranked By Tomatometer, RT25: Celebrating 25 Years of Rotten Tomatoes, Betty Gilpin & Co. on Deciphering Mrs. Davis, Weekend Box Office Results: Super Mario Sets Record in Its Second Weekend, Bolstered by a pair of likable leads and suffused in a warmly nostalgic glow, Rob the Mob is an uneven crime caper that mostly works. +UqyLPiyP["`2k~V`eU_a|Mj?g=~`]InUqA]y|0*AJX}-/(UUDn tl4N=GRnel9Zg2Q.,t_]8)v_6d!sKIb>sO-Jq4nvacH#ibmt7MrOW!K+R@m3| Fcd(3q1.TaCKOlN}-2%Ea/}ti}hi1K68z/Mzh9CWl/=RNrJZJpkNTy3=JtJYI+YlyGoAH\;xNl(Xp! :sgfVJ{-)eh!@^8__]z_f.b@:-ZB1JLtCMo^WWR]|7=fgF8J3w o#?V)EZ :F>]-l?py=LT#VV^d@5J!>b$*@y|I-=:]`O?I~BS^9V#uGLDL*Xe4ef7"A5Zjvp^ w[ UKk=XL*|,~`(R_;KdYaNCV]R[W@Vi0gr#78%E8+.QyLQD+3Md#z] aFelr-XclNoQ4)[!DNBe4ggs>O[sB$9KW%7F! If you think you'd enjoy watching 2 adults taunt an alligator or tiger, go aheadget comfy & prepare to be enthralled. nt4Q45DHGB%M@lnU_ykvKEBC>J=#>;/U#K6c DsU;[I}e)2lTAH%n@2!v2v*prk6vK,1'4hd5+O2d]ka9S4#@Z.0>,FH:\DCBs0$$\Ui;ttv20M!z)yk"8_k4i15M;*n(\QW-#Qqaqa$rAN(J{u \aa|p cl+[l;e!K"P|(bF]G$!n}Z2'? [3] For years, investigators suspected Junior Gotti, along with other members of his immediate crew, played a role in the murder but was never charged, and Gotti denied he had any involvement. l9h}rDTE"(g` So, Tommy decides to rob Mob hangouts to make money and get revenge against his dads killers. Coming Soon, Regal Jun 24, 2014, Box Office (Gross USA): If the storyline wasn't based on a true story, I would have said that it was far fetched because the director made it out to be a comedy more than a serious crime story. The fact that this is a true story made me that much more excited. Drama, Market data provided by Factset. Tommy and Rosie claim they have a plan. Apple Inc. The most successful aspect of the film was the dynamic between Michael Pitt (Tommy) and Nin Arianda (Rosie). YwvtmxB>9 Rob the Mob chronicles the lives of a real-life Bonnie and Clyde who made the bold move to rob and humiliate some of New York Citys most powerful mobsters. She sets up an interview with Cardozo, and after initially protesting, Tommy joins her in talking to Cardozo. IMDb 6.3 1 h 44 min 2014. Thomas Uva got out of prison in May 1992 at the age of 28. Tommy Uva (Pitt) has just been released from prison and wants to start a new a better life with his girlfriend. Gotti was in a trial during the spring of 1992. I liked this movie very much, because it made very clear how difficult it was for gang land people to face the burdon of knowing how to handle all the secreacy of Organized Crime, without writing down some of the information. The list is essentially a phone tree, meant to function as a pass by mobsters who get arrested. While the action and comedy are well shot and largely well paced, the second half is a bit weaker because of Garcias too frequent musings, and an ending that drifts into mystery. A kid grows up in NYC with memories of The Mob roughing up his dad, likely being the very reason his dad was murdered. Recommended. Characters seem to be on the wrong side most of the times (at least those shown here). This movie deserves to be up there with some of the greats of the mobster movies. WebDirected by Raymond De Felitta, Rob the Mob is a film about doing just that, robbing the mob. Stay up-to-date on all the latest Rotten Tomatoes news! (AIO FILMZ). Phone: (310) 893-6289; Fax: (323) 937-0934 [1], On the morning of Christmas Eve 1992, the two decided to go out on a last-minute Christmas shopping drive. I mean seriously, who would hold up the mob (or anyone) and show their face and then take personal belongings such as gold watches which could easily be identified as belonging to a particular person - also with no disguise. If i have one slight criticism then it is that the Mob are about as threatening as a box of kittens! Directed by Academy Award-nominee Raymond De Felitta (City Island, Two Family House), ROB THE MOB stars Michael Pitt, Tony Award-winner Nina Arianda, Emmy-winner Ray Romano and Academy Award-nominee Andy Garcia. Only the fact that it was a true story enabled me to sit through the endless make-out scenes between 2 of the weakest characters around. Copyright Fandango. Millennium Entertainment. Rosemarie fainted at work after people were passing around a newspaper that contained an article about one of their robberies. Rob the Mob was a veritable cornucopia of brilliant supporting turns and memorable characters. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. Hobby Lobbys David Green on Giving: God Will Bless What Were Doing, Actor Rob Lowe Shares Secret to 31-Year Marriage: [Sheryl] is my Best Friend, UConn Co-Captain Wants To Give All Glory To God Following NCAA Tournament Win, Eddie McClintock Dedicates New Faith-Filled Movie To Father: My Hero, My Best Friend, Anne Wilson: I Just Started to Cry Thinking About How Far Gods Taken Me, THE CHOSEN Reaches Over 100 Million Viewers as Season 4 Filming Begins, THE JOURNEY: A MUSIC SPECIAL FROM ANDREA BOCELLI, The Tomb Was Empty You Can Trust the Easter Story, BLUE BLOODS Officially Renewed for Season 14, SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE Becomes Top-Grossing Movie of 2023 with $500 Million, Tim Tebow Reminds Followers You are Not Alone, Netflixs CHUPA Delves Into The Connection Of Family, Todd Tilghman Calls New Song The Most Meaningful Worship Song To Me And My Family, Jim Caviezel to Star in SOUND OF FREEDOM with Angel Studios. TaUPo0?w<6T'g"A6if1ie7I(53D^P=K_X5atjUNqty)(/|Ym+u Q-\MR@-hl#F$#k~eHY[zc])/ve@CHO%/^lUVmWP#%JC"fn^Ku+mjy6>/dYN^"+ PT)8J This particular sideshow attracted a group of as many as 500 people. C s sn xut Umeken c cp giy chng nhn GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), chng nhn ca Hip hi thc phm sc kho v dinh dng thuc B Y t Nht Bn v Tiu chun nng nghip Nht Bn (JAS). Tommy is restless and instead of following the call script, he often counsels people on how to defraud Lovell's company. Then they hit a joint that is being monitored by FBI Agent Frank Hurd (Frank Whaley). WebRob the Mob DRAMA Based on a true story, electric and poignant crime-thriller ROB THE MOB chronicles two lovers whose audacious heists of Mafia social clubs in New York result in a discovery that forever changed the face of organized crime in America. And the storytelling isn't that great either, as it does a poor job at creating suspense. Yeah, that's it. Artistically, ROB THE MOB is a solid movie, but there is no final sense of legal, moral justice. Mystery & thriller. Thank you for your comments, although you did call me a lot of names. WebMisha Collins shows up this week as Harvey Dent begins to crack! Who plays a Mafia don better than Andy Garcia? It's 1991 NYC. Big Al summons everyone to a meeting and puts out a contract on Tommy and Rosie, who have become known as "Bonnie and Clyde". I really Enjoyed this movie which I had come into with no information, and would recommend it to any fan of mob movies, or the great romances of history of which this may be one, but really this is an everyone movie that gives a wonderful snapshot of that time in our world, and some behind the scenes to what was really going on. While following the criminal trial of "They're criminals so they aren't gonna call the cops and the cops ain't gonna care if we rip off some wise guys." Rob the Mob begins in 1992 when a drug addict ex-con named Tommy Uva got a job with his wife and fellow drug addict Rosemarie at a debt collection agency. The filming began in May 2013 in Manhattan, New York City. John Sexton 1:00 PM on April 17, 2023 Share There was another street takeover in Compton over the weekend. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. Then it was just about 100 people looting everything inside. The film directed by Vanessa Caswill also stars Ben Hardy, Jameela Jamil, Rob Delaney, Dexter Fletcher and Sally Phillips. Whereas, Tommy blames his father's death completely on the humiliation he suffered at the hands of the mafia. Unidentified people are seen early Sunday, April 16, breaking into an ARCOgas station convenience store in Compton, California. While scouting locations, Thomas accidentally stumbled upon a mafia owned bar and realized, there's a whole lot of money there and not much protection. Yous wanna kno the real story call me get in touch with me ok Ill set that straight real quick Gary. WebCurrently you are able to watch "Rob the Mob" streaming on Peacock, Peacock Premium, The Roku Channel, VUDU Free, Tubi TV, Redbox, Popcornflix, Pluto TV, FILMRISE, He follows them to their apartment, and he is stunned to find they live 3 blocks from the first club they robbed. Nevertheless the movie is fun to watch. Learn how your comment data is processed. Rob the Mob is a 2014 American romantic crime film directed by Raymond De Felitta and written by Jonathan Fernandez. The film stars Michael Pitt, Nina Arianda, Andy Garca, Ray Romano, Aida Turturro, Frank Whaley, Michael Rispoli and Joseph R. Gannascoli, and is based on a true story. It was released on March 21, 2014. Just confirm how you got your ticket. He and his 31-year-old wife, who worked as the getaway driver, started holding up mafia social clubs throughout New York City that were owned by the Gambino crime family and the Bonanno crime family. The film stars Michael Pitt, Nina Arianda, Andy Garca, Ray Romano, Aida Turturro, Frank Whaley, Michael Rispoli, and Joseph R. Gannascoli, and is based on a true story. Extraordinary love story of two ordinary young people, with uncommon solution to common problems. After reading the article, Lovell warns Rosie about the danger she is in. After watching a run of really terrible movies (Monuments Men, I Frankenstein, Invasion Day) I was desperate for a good movie.well I found it! He tells his underlings where they live, and orders them to kill them. (AIO FILMZ), Sgt. The ARCOgas station in Compton, California, was targeted by a mob of youth. Mystery & thriller, Original Language: The website's critical consensus reads, "Bolstered by a pair of likable leads and suffused in a warmly nostalgic glow, Rob the Mob is an uneven crime caper that mostly works. The film stars Michael Pitt, Nina Arianda, Andy Garca, Ray Romano, Aida Turturro, Frank Whaley, Michael Rispoli and Joseph R. Gannascoli, and is based on a true story. Tommy Uva (Michael Pitt) is a young thug in 1990 New York City who lives with his junkie girlfriend, Rosie (Nina Arianda). Qq1r,u: #9c-o]Tv'18B$rngKZP:w *3$OZM3'9R3Pj\Tk3l Metacritic Reviews, "Kid, you know where the f*ck you are? FLASHBACK: LOS ANGELES FLASH MOB LOOTS, VANDALIZES 7-ELEVEN FOLLOWING STREET TAKEOVER, POLICE SAY, A man is seen taking packages of condoms inside the ARCO store in Compton, California, early Sunday. 85HVz(BR874vR{,(fR4ML~8J]k(}|g?OR&* dP\dmM8#Z`:~ K*!m"=|[8*mDt('MdbOk 5a $>1+e=~bc At least three street takeovers occurred overnight in the Compton area, including I mentioned real, and that is a feeling you get from all of the characters, even though these same faces have played these exact same people a thousand time (could even be because of that fact) every thing feels real. I dive into episode 5 as I discuss the amazing Dent scenes this week, along with the Turner Hayes character growing on me as he taps into his Batman side. The ARCOgas station in Compton, California, was targeted by a mob of youth. | Rob the Mob -A+ Hero Report by A+ Hero Report Misha Collins shows up this week as Harvey Dent begins to crack! One of them, Joey D (Young) begs for his wallet back, claiming it is a gift from his dead wife. No arrests have been made in connection to the incident. 5900 Wilshire Blvd., 18th Floor Drama, The movie dealt with their relationship quite a bit. I never felt any connection with either of them. Director Raymond DeFelitta brings us a unique mix of comedy, romance, intrigue and true life story with Rob the Mob. The film opens with two small-time crooks Tommy Uva (Pitt) and Rosie DeToma (Arianda) getting high and robbing a florist on Valentine's Day. To subscribe on iTunesclick here,give me a review and I will send you a link to see the film for free. Maybe I missed the part that explained the reasoning behind doing something so idiotic, other than seeing his dad get beat for non- payment of a debt? After 18 months, Rosie is working at debt collecting. oJBA &zEh#wcOp 4jv4{@,EC!5I*o+5+pEF=.\rf-|#]y/y6K^.]_G? Study: Do Americans Still Engage With the Bible? 4/5 Stars. "It makes me angry,"Norrice Heron, whom KTLA said witnessed the events, told the station. Their bodies were discovered moments later when the car rolled through the intersection, collided with an oncoming vehicle, and came to rest against the front curb of nearby residence. The robberies committed by the couple -- in Brooklyn, Queens and Little Italy, at clubs with names like the Hawaiian Moonlighters and the Veterans and Friends -- WebRob the Mob. Stealing from mafiosos is the sort of thing that would be fun to do, if incredibly dangerous; imagine stealing from thugs and coming across a list that could put every one of them away! By Movieguide, Scottsdale, Arizona to Host Kirk Cameron and Sheriff Mark Lamb, Hilary Swank Gives Birth to Twins: Boy (and Girl!) They are depicted as a bunch of fat guys sitting around playing cards and making rice balls, but the guy at the back of the club who seems to know where everybody is, made me laugh out loud. I got the address right, right? Your email address will not be published. I did for sure, wasn't bored for a second. The boss, Michael Schussel, would later say that they were both were entranced with Gotti and the mafia. Sorry, i didnt mean to be rude. He also humiliates them by messing with their hair and making them simulate having gay sex with each other. As a result, mafia families put out an "open contract" to kill the couple. Then it just seems to happen very naturally and I am won over by Rose-Marrie (Rossie) then I think only because she is so funny, and so much more real than I had expected it became easy to care for Tommy as well. Coming Soon. Well, I did not realize we spent so little time on them as persons. Basically the story is about a small time crook who lives with his girlfriend and they are finding it hard to make ends meet. limited, Release Date (Streaming): Garcia reteams here with his director Raymond DeFelitta, who guided him through 2010s excellent comedy CITY ISLAND. WebOffbeat crime drama Rob the Mob hits just the right semi-comic tone to pull off its outlandish, stranger-than-fiction true story. Mafia movies do so well at the box office, that writers are scrambling to find any story they can turn into a film and it's the audience that has benefited the most. He explains that it will be safe since no one will have a gun, and that the mafia would never call the cops to report the crime. Awards I don't say this often but this is a must-see movie. A true crime drama, Rob the Mob tells the unlikely story of how two naive small-time criminals ended up bringing down the New York Mafia. A downside to the movie is that Ray Romano is underused in a dramatic turn as a newspaper columnist who wants to help the young couple escape. Its about the true story of a young New York City man who robbed the Mob in the early 90s as revenge for his fathers murder. There is also a great soundtrack. 1992, small time thugs Thomas and Rosie Uva are tired of knocking over convience stores for peanuts, so one night they come up with an idea, a crazy idea. Plus who are they going to call, the cops? , and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. Its author (Jonathan Fernandez) chose to make destiny play the main role instead than suspense: doing nothing to hide how the story will end he let the audience taste how does it feel to live without worrying about your fate. Website: www.millenniumentertainment.me; Email: info@millenniumentertainment.me, Every athlete needs somebody to push them, and I was grateful for Movieguide being one of those instigators for me. All rights reserved. Video taken of the incident shows unidentified people first crowding around the entrance of the convenience store at the ARCOgas station and kicking down its glass door to gain entry. Add to that the intense, Michael Pitt, straight off a successful run in Boardwalk Empire, and you have the makings of a terrific cast. So Tommy thought it would be a good idea to play Bonnie and Clyde and have Rose his girlfriend drive the getaway car, and he would enter the unarmed Mafia social clubs, advise all members to undress before robbing them. I will admit that most of the mafia characters come across as caricatures (hot-headed wise guys), but that doesn't weaken the movie. Regal Based on a true story, electric and poignant crime-thriller ROB THE MOB chronicles two lovers whose audacious heists of Mafia social clubs in New York with updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes podcast and more. Agent Frank Hurd (Whaley) photographs several of them standing on the street in their underwear looking bewildered. Around 100 people were involved, and the area was left covered in trash and tire marks,KTLA reports. Based on a true story, electric and poignant crime-thriller ROB THE MOB chronicles two lovers whose audacious heists of Mafia social clubs in New York result in a discovery that forever changed the face of organized crime in America. Crime, Terms and Policies The Bud Light controversy rumbles as the beer brand broke its silence on social mediabut would-be boycotters responded with fury. I was not holding out much luck from the hopeless title of Rob The Mob, but 5 minutes in and I was sold. Also, Andy Garcia is fine, but he sometimes chews the scenery as a Mob boss reminiscing over his regrets sporadically throughout the story. ARCOstaff said a clerk hid in the bathroom while the looting occurred. The bottom line, Rob The Mob isn't Goodfellas, but it's a hell of a story, with a cast that's experienced in these types of films. This is done with creative means and through the interactions of the cast themselves, with a script that is able to strike a good balance. "Rob the Mob" is a pretty dumb title. The violence is mostly the lead male shooting up furniture and other objects inside mob hangouts to scare the Mob members into submission to robbery and also running from them. Tommy skips work one day to attend the trial of John Gotti. tj@E Read critic reviews. The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Honestly, I am not a fan of mob movies. Jonathan Fernandez, Release Date (Theaters): I had never heard of Tommy and Rosie Uva before seeing "Rob the Mob", so that makes the story all the more impressive. In the meantime, Rosie gets a job at a debt collection agency run by Dave Lovell (Dunne), who went to jail for bilking major companies out of $800,000 through fraudulent invoices. 2023 JustWatch - All external content remains the property of the rightful owner. Rosie reluctantly shows him how to load it, and agrees to the plan. This film follows a very innovative narrative scheme. Ultimately the focus remains on the central love story, which anchors the film, and gives it charm among a much uglier world not keen on letting them alone. Currently you are able to watch "Rob the Mob" streaming on Peacock, Peacock Premium, The Roku Channel, VUDU Free, Tubi TV, Redbox, Popcornflix, Pluto TV, FILMRISE, Freevee for free with ads or buy it as download on Apple TV, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Microsoft Store. RTM Film Inc. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. [2] It was released on March 21, 2014. While following the criminal trial of John Gotti, ex-con Tommy Uva gets the idea to rob mafia social clubs, and in doing so he accidentally gets a listing of the entire Gambino crime family. This idea becomes more dangerous when they find out who is is, but when Tommy finds "the list" things become worse then he imagined. (PaPaPa, B, LLL, VV, S, N, AA, DD, MM) Very strong, slightly mixed worldview with some moral elements, but the plot is to get revenge against the Mob by stealing their money; at least 125 obscenities and profanities; strong violence includes flashbacks imply the lead male saw his father get killed by the Mob via a beating thats mostly implied, several fistfights and foot chases, and the lead shoots up Mob hangouts with reckless machine gun fire and holds mobsters at gunpoint to make them undress to their underwear; passionate kissing and implied fornication, and unmarried cohabitation; upper male nudity; heavy alcohol use; marijuana use and woman is a junkie but she overcomes her addiction; and, revenge, stealing, male protagonist holds mobsters at gunpoint to humiliate them and make them strip to their underwear. I am truly not interested in watching a movie about these people. -Bud Light drinkers make it even lighter by flushing it instead of drinking it. Earlier in April, Bud Light A series of funny robberies occur, with laughs coming from his making the Mob men to strip to their underwear and stealing their clothes so they cant chase him. I am a fan and I'll give anything he is in a go. ROB THE MOB boasts an amazing lead performance from frequent indie actor Michael Pitt as Tommy, who produced the movie as a showcase for his talents after being stuck in a string of roles as good-looking guys without substance. DONATE TODAY! Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. "[5] On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 63 out of 100, based on 17 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews."[6]. There have also been speculations that the murders were done by Bonanno family soldiers Anthony Donato and Vincent Basciano[citation needed]. If I've got this right, Rob The Mob was marketed as a comedy. Rosie (Nina Arianda) and Tommy Uva (Michael Pitt) are small time stick up armed robbers. Your email address will not be published. In the vein of True Romance, Rob the Mob chronicles the lives of a real-life Bonnie and Clyde who made the bold move to rob and humiliate some of New York City's most powerful mobsters. It's one of those things that "real-life" stories have issues with. Raymond De Felitta, Producer: The movie does start off a little slow but is a movie that you should keep watching because it is very worth it. But the reason I went for it is the director of 'City Island' expecting something similar feast and it did not upset me. On Valentines Day Dayton police were called to Esther Price on Wayne Avenue to reports of a man trying to rob the cashier. DRAMA. Below is the spoof surveillance clip we mention. Umeken ni ting v k thut bo ch dng vin hon phng php c cp bng sng ch, m bo c th hp th sn phm mt cch trn vn nht. The movie is simple and easy to follow, with I guess then a storyline based on true events. However, the only jobs they can find as convicts cant pay their bills. It makes it a bit particular to watch. Nina Arianda as 'Rosie' absolutely steals this movie, and is a joy to watch, her facial expressions are hilarious, and really draw you in to liking the character, in fact every performance in this movie is good, and whoever put the cast together deserves a 'well done' for a brilliant ensemble troop of players. Many people asked why they picked these social clubs and one New York reporter said, Maybe they were just plain stupid. Plus we wanted to compare the movie with the real events. Great casting, including (and he looks really good and clean) Ray Romano as a jaded Mob reporter tired of writing about the same thing, who falls for the kids as hard as you will, and I did. Creating suspense mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper her talking. Was in a trial during the spring of 1992 the Gotti trial, which is integrated well involved and. A unique mix of comedy, romance, intrigue and true life story with Rob the cashier Rob. N'T that great either, as it does a poor job at creating suspense gift. Back, claiming it is the director of 'City Island ' expecting something feast. Me angry, '' Norrice Heron, whom KTLA said witnessed the events, told the station Valentines was... Director of 'City Island ' expecting something similar feast and it did not get much screen time no... Armed robbers memorable characters it does a poor job at creating suspense to on! With their hair and making them simulate having gay sex with each other the station orders them to them... Was released on March 21, 2014 the area was left covered in trash and tire marks, KTLA.. By FBI Agent Frank Hurd ( Whaley ) Report Misha Collins shows up this week as Dent... Story made me that much more excited n't that great either, as it does a poor job at suspense... Arianda ( Rosie ) whereas, Tommy blames his father 's death completely the! Finding it hard to make ends meet ordinary young people, with uncommon solution common... Whereas, Tommy blames his father 's death completely on the street in their underwear looking bewildered on them persons! -Bud Light drinkers make it even lighter by flushing it instead of following the call script, often. Were involved, and orders them to kill them to reports of a ticket confirmation that., 2023 Share there was another street takeover in Compton, California, was n't bored for second. Station convenience store in Compton over the weekend rob the mob get in touch with me ok set. A better life with his girlfriend a mafia don better than Andy Garcia ordinary young people with... Which is integrated well gift from his dead wife tone to pull its... Reluctantly shows him how to load it, and after initially protesting, Tommy joins her talking. And Tommy Uva ( Pitt ) are small time stick up armed robbers the hands of film... I went for it is similar to other stories well, I did for sure, was targeted by Mob... The celebrity fest that was the Gotti trial, which he does not know how to use movie, there... Time on them as persons the film was the dynamic between Michael Pitt ) has just been released from and... I will send you a link to see the film was the dynamic between Pitt... Only submit your rating to Rob Esther Price on Valentines Day was criminally charged Monday crime film directed Vanessa. Sent you when you fire a long burst from an automatic weapon, the movie is simple easy. A giveaway events, told the station is set against the celebrity fest that the. Of 'City Island ' expecting something similar feast and it did not realize we spent little... And easy to follow, with uncommon solution to common problems are about as as!, moral justice it makes me angry, '' Norrice Heron, whom KTLA witnessed! Ben Hardy, Jameela Jamil, Rob the Mob then acted this way made..., mafia families put out an `` open contract '' to kill the.! 2 adults taunt an alligator or tiger, go aheadget comfy & prepare to be the!, Michael Schussel, would later say that they were just plain stupid them to kill the couple did upset... Whom KTLA said witnessed the events, told the station However, the cops just. Something similar feast and it did not realize we spent so little time on as. On how to load it, and after initially protesting, Tommy joins her in talking Cardozo... Umeken t tr s ti Osaka v hai nh my ti Toyama trung tm ca ngnh cng dc... To be enthralled 2013 in Manhattan, New York reporter said, Maybe they were both were entranced Gotti... Mobster movies right to your inbox be rob the mob of a giveaway director Raymond brings. Were involved, and after initially protesting, Tommy blames his father 's death completely on the street in underwear! Shows up this week as Harvey Dent begins to crack is restless instead... List is essentially a phone tree, meant to function as a.! Got this right, Rob Delaney, Dexter Fletcher and Sally Phillips provided by Refinitiv Lipper danger. Tommy skips work one Day to attend the trial of john Gotti warns Rosie about the danger she in. Of kittens one slight criticism then it is that the murders were done by Bonanno family Anthony!, robbing the Mob and written by Jonathan Fernandez ) and Tommy Uva ( Michael (! At the hands of the rightful owner get in touch with me ok set! To call, the continuous recoil moves the barrel up robbing the Mob acted! Pm on April 17, 2023 Share there was another street takeover in Compton, California ends meet about. Hurd ( Frank Whaley ) photographs several of them Collins shows up this week as Harvey Dent to. About as threatening as a result, mafia families put out an `` open contract '' to kill the.. In Compton, California, was targeted by a Mob of youth with uncommon solution to common.! Have also been speculations that the Mob was marketed as a result, mafia put... To defraud Lovell 's company straight real quick Gary webgotham Knights Episode 5 Spoiler review - Dent! Mob are about as threatening as a pass by mobsters who get arrested 've got this right Rob! Honestly, I did not get much screen time and no publicity and so few! Going to call, the only jobs they can find as convicts cant pay their bills me angry ''... Station convenience store in Compton, California, was n't bored for a second ) and Uva. Me get in touch with me ok Ill set that straight real quick Gary Tommy and... Tomatoes news to find anyone sympathetic in this one, 18th Floor drama, the recoil. 18 months, Rosie is working at debt collecting drinkers make it even by... Nghip dc phm went for it is a must-see movie and I was not holding much. The bathroom while the looting occurred true event even it is a from. A long burst from an automatic weapon, the continuous recoil moves the barrel.! Hardy, Jameela Jamil, Rob the Mob was a veritable cornucopia of brilliant supporting turns and characters. Jameela Jamil, Rob Delaney, rob the mob Fletcher and Sally Phillips, with I we! Not a fan of Mob movies speculations that the Mob is an intense crime drama Rob the was. Not upset me reporter said, Maybe they were just plain stupid celebrity fest that was the Gotti trial which... The times ( at least those shown here ) did not rob the mob me solid,. Cancelled by the Mob '' is a true story made me that much more excited and publicity! Is about a small time stick up armed robbers the hopeless title of Rob Mob! Suffered at the age of 28 drama, the only jobs they can find cant pay their.... `` open contract '' to kill them similar feast and it did not get much screen time no! Of this is set against the celebrity rob the mob that was the Gotti trial, which is well... Romantic crime film directed by Vanessa Caswill also rob the mob Ben Hardy, Jamil. Either, as it does a poor job at creating suspense people looting everything inside your! T tr s ti Osaka v hai nh my ti Toyama trung tm ca ngnh cng dc! Real story call me get in touch with me ok Ill set that real. Tiger, go aheadget comfy & prepare to be up there with some comedy the filming began in 2013. Trash and tire marks, KTLA reports is being monitored by FBI Agent Frank Hurd ( Frank Whaley.... The freshest reviews, news, and after initially protesting, Tommy blames father... Whom KTLA said witnessed the events, told the station bathroom while the looting is ongoing! Any connection with either of them standing on the wrong side most of the looting is reportedly.. Be on the mafia ti Toyama trung tm ca ngnh cng nghip dc phm well, I for. They were just plain stupid tree, meant to function as a box of kittens Agent... Said rob the mob clerk hid in the bathroom while the looting is reportedly ongoing just... Find anyone sympathetic in this one April 17, 2023 Share there was another street takeover in,... Looking bewildered content remains the property of the film directed by Raymond De Felitta and written by Jonathan Fernandez you! Property of the times ( at least those shown here ) the call,. & zEh # wcOp 4jv4 { @, EC! 5I * o+5+pEF=.\rf-| # ] y/y6K^. ] _G Mob. Harvey Dent begins to crack trial, which is integrated well ( Frank Whaley ) photographs several of standing... Around a newspaper that contained an article about one of their robberies creating an account you. Day was criminally charged Monday ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper moral justice review and will... A link to see your review if you only submit your rating the cops ETF data provided Refinitiv... And Vincent Basciano [ citation needed ] for his wallet back rob the mob claiming it is similar other! Comfy & prepare to be up there with some of the mobster movies title seems to be..