The original owner was part of the US Military and this instrument was purchased for him by the US Government. It is in superb condition with original lacquer (I think) with a beautiful darkened patina. $5000 without case. It is 100% stock with all original parts. $2600 without case. This is set up to play similar to a vintage 50's Conn 88H trombone, so if you are a fan of those instruments but looking for something a bit more modern and open blowing this trombone could be right up your alley. Sold as it. Condition is excellent with no dents or evidence of repair. This horn is from the early 1950s. Has a press fit Brasslab leadpipe. Price TBD. REDUCED $1100 without case, This was the top of the line Bb/A piccolo trumpet from Yamaha prior to the release of the Xeno line of horns. $350 with case. Includes original hard case. This particular bass trombone is in nice shape and ready to be played. It is important to bear in mind that a leadpipe should also be a suitable match not only for your trombone but also for your mouthpiece. This horn really sings and it's in amazing condition with no dents. The 72H is a bell tuning model based on the famous Conn 70H bass. Also optional is a 9" gold brass bell without the garland. Recently restored here at our shop, it has been gently relacquered and some worn parts replaced and repaired. The horn has some dents, scratches and a patch on the bell. Here's a really unique bass trombone, built by Robb Stewart with additional parts from Kanstul. The tuning in the slide mechanism is one I haven't seen on many Williams horns before. In like new condition with a case. If you have information, I'd love to hear about it. This professional Conn 8D is almost an Elkhart, with a serial in the R series, that makes it circa 1974 during the transition to Abeline production. It has been played professionally its whole life, most recently in the San Diego Symphony. The original case is included but has the musty smell to it. This is the model 2280, a 4 valve non compensating euphonium with an 11" bell flare, top action valves. The slide action is superb. This is a special trombone, it was used in the LA Philharmonic by the legendary Byron Peebles for the final 25 years of his career. A beautiful instrument. It has some notable features: no slide lock and decorative cork barrels, nickel neckpiece, hand bent crooks, french bead rim and so much more. Because of the bell crack and unstamped bell, this one is bargain priced at $1700. All parts are in excellent condition with only light use. This is a rare Olds Recording trombone in all red brass with the exception of the neck pipe and tuning slide. This first was for Jeff Reynolds, the second was made for George Thatcher (previously sold on this website), the third was made in BBb for a school and cut down to CC. The bell is a good thickness, not too heavy and very responsive. The valves aren't 100% tight and probably will need to be replated in the near future. This is a really tremendous playing jazzer and I'm having a hard time not keeping for myself (honest truth!) Mirafone baritone, Circa 1974, 4v rotary Bb. Includes the original 50s Conn coffin case. Cosmetically, there is a some acid bleed in the lacquer on the bell rim, the valve section is unlacquered. These are very good instruments for the money and a good bargain! Here's something you don't see everyday! Some notables, this has the original bigger bore "Marston" rotary valve similar to what is on the Mt Vernon 42 trombones. Thin responsive gold brass bell, lightly braced. A few small dings in the bell which can be rolled out of left, up to the buyer. It is in excellent condition $400 sold, This is an unmounted Bach 50 bell in heavy gauge yellow brass, unlacquered in excellent condition with a very cool looking patina. This trumpet is in good shape. Only a handful of these tuning in the slide 1606s were made, so don't miss out. She's a beauty. I believe this is one of those instruments. $1450 SOLD, Here's a really special bass trombone, fabricated and assembled by Larry Minick. This setup has a 1Y bell with the old hand engraving, a thayer valve and a TW47 slide. Someone has also added a weight to the tuning slide (similar to some 60s Getzen trombones, the part may have been sourced from a Getzen), but tastefully done. It is made by the Hirsbrunner company, a small maker in Switzerland. There are dents and worn finish, but its a workhorse. First off, it's a 70H which IMO is the classic single valved bass trombone. Many of the greatest studio trombonists and jazz trombonists played Williams trombones. You will certainly have the most eye catching instrument in your section with this one. Overall trombone is in excellent condition with some minor wear around the contact points. Comes with a case $800, Uber nice King 2B silver sonic from the early 1950s, in great shape. It is simply stunning to see. The original Besson hardcase is included, along with the fabric storage bag. The bell section was a really nice playing early engraving 1R (soldered rim, red brass) bell flare I had at the shop. When I started taking trombone lessons with Byron, this was the trombone that was in his case, the one I saw on the stage of the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. It features rich decorations and engraving and a beautiful bell garland. There is a patch on the back of the main bell bow. This one is a straight model (apologies for the lack of a full photo, it came out blurry and I will re-upload a new one soon) but in excellent condition and a tremendous trombone. It is in excellent condition and ready for the rigors of professional use. REDUCED $1100, Really great condition Olds Super trombone. $1600 with a single gig bag. I wouldn't call this a real sackbut, but more of a cut down trombone in the size and shape of an F bass. As such, it is not as refined as the current offerings from this shop. This one has a standard 750Y yellow brass bell flare, "conn width" yellow brass slide, gold brass tuning slide and a Hagmann valve (the newest 2.0 version) with open wrap. A unique opportunity to purchase something special from arguably the most desirable Bach period of production. Shipping available via Greyhound or you are welcome to fly into LA and pick up in shop. $1800. What more can I say. It has a modern bell to slide relationship with a 3rd position bell. Alright folks, here's a really unique bass trombone. Whoever did the repair did a poor job and has scarred the flare and thinned the rim bead. As such, as with all of Chauncey's trombones, the tuning slide has been slightly shortened to allow for slide vibrato in 1st position, old skool! This is a rare model with dependent rotary valves in Bb/F/D. For example a yellow brass bell will sound more brilliant and brighter than gold and red brass bells with a consistency of tone. In very good condition with some worn spots on the hand grip. The bell has been cut and the work was well done (probably by McCracken). $1200. This is a special trombone. It plays like nothing else I've ever tried. SOLD, The workhorse .500" bore jazz trombone from Bach. There is a little tiny bit of wear on the inner tubes and a few cosmetic scratches but overall a very clean and good playing example. Overall ths trombone is in very good condition with some minor surface lacquer wear. New inner tubes can be installed for parts plus labor. Sold without case. sold, Bach 42 straight large tenor trombone, serial number 40,xxx series. The valve casing and core have just been replaced at the Shires factory with new parts, this is a new valve with vintage tubing. The higher the copper content in the material, the darker and warmer is the sound. REDUCED. This really nice Conn 88H came in as a total wreck and was restored by Don Sawday in Long Beach. It is more or less in new condition, having very few hours on it. Plays great and very even on both sides of the horn. This horn is sold without case. The Olds Recording was the top small bore trombone that Olds made. $700 with case. Plays well with a few funky notes, good sound. Custom D valve available for an additional cost. Currency: and has generous amounts of solid nickel trim. Price is REDUCED $675 and the original case is included. Its a special one and I'm sure will be the crown jewel of any serious trombone lovers stable. This trombone has been used and shows some lacquer wear, some minor acid bleed and other blems. The slide is an early model, serial 40,xxx, the bell is yellow brass and looks to be from the 80s vintage. It features a 9.5" unlacquered red brass bell, tuning in the slide landslide with opera wheel tuning, changeable tuning to both Bb/F/Gb/D and Bb/F/G/Eb, inline Greenhoe valves with lexan valve caps. The valve linkages have just been upgraded to metal ball and socket linkages. It is a smaller dual bore, traditional German style and takes a small shank mouthpiece. Recently overhauled and brought into excellent playing condition. Out of stock. $1900 REDUCED, I am super excited to be able to offer this instrument for sale. $1150 ON HOLD. Valves are made from a Bach 50 valve section, bored out and pitched in FF/DD. Great shape, lightly used. It's well made and offers traits you can't find in other brands. It has a bronze bell flare of a smaller diameter with a faster taper. This is a very special single Bb horn with extension, in rare nickel silver. It is still factory fresh. This one has been well used, but it's in good shape and is a killer playing instrument. This one has had the bell flare cut. The Piccola has a dual bore .500"/.525" slide with a top tube of nickel and bottom of brass. Duo Gravis basses are prized for their commercial sound, sizzle edge and impactful sound. $3200, A nice professional workhorse, this is a Bach 42BOG which is a open wrap rotary valve with gold brass bell. Also for players looking to play hymn parts in Church. The trumpet sits on the post perfectly and "hovers" just over the disk it looks cool! Sold with one leadpipe and no case. I've tested this instrument in a variety of ensembles and have had no problem blending with all makes and models of trombones in many different styles of playing. Sold with a miraphone gig bag. It is gold brass with nickel slide. Every once in a while I get something really special this is one of those instruments. A really great playing instrument that is versatile and comfortable. This one has a very rare 9.5" red brass bell. It is a big bore alto with a smaller bell and Bb rotary valve. This was a special instrument to Byron, it originally belonged to his trombone teacher and is a very rare model from Olds made in the 1940s. They are lifesavers when you have to play a broadway show or want that extra sparkle on the principal trombone part and can't get the clarity you want on your large bore tenor but need a horn with a valve and some meat to the sound. This trombone has a .500" bore slide and tuning in the slide, giving the bell section a fully tapered back bow. Regardless, you can tell that the bell tail is original from the material and the location of the brazing seam. Solid sterling silver bell flare. It comes with the original shop card with date of purchase in 1972 as well as the original case. A few character blems on the finish, but overall this is a clean example. The body of the horn is free of dents. SOLD, Here is an original Greenhoe Custom TIS bass trombone with inline valves, lightweight red brass bell. $2800 without case and one leadpipe. This bass trombone was made during the UMI years of ownership and while it's not a top tier bass it certainly isn't the "Yugo" many folks make them out to be. This one has a lovely darkening patina on the lacquer, has a great look to it. This one has the standard weight bell flare and open wrap valve section. $2900 with case. It is much smaller than the earlier Conn contras, has a tighter bell flare and smaller slide bore (.547/.547/.562/.562" dual bore). The original brass crook seems to be intact. Carl Geyer is the grandfather of the modern French Horn. The full Minick open wrap was done during the conversion along with the split triggers. Relacquered in good shape with a nice patina. This 42 has one of the sweetest and clearest tones of 42s that have come through the shop. Good playing instrument for a bargain price. This one, being a pre WWII model, has a two piece bell flare with cross brazed seam and different brass alloy when compared to some of the later models. Intonation is excellent. $2900 with hard case. I can have it modified by repairman, Brad Close, prior to sale if buyer desires. The bell flare is amazing, perfectly thin and responsive while being extremely focused and powerful. The whole horn is unlacquered. $2000 SOLD, Here's a brand new M&W Custom Trombone made by the boys in Wisconsin. It has an 8.5" bell, .522" wide slide, curved hand grip, curved bell braces and famous Williams water key. Slide action is great (Brad did a tune up). It has a lightweight nickel slide and gold brass bell flare. Comes with a period Bach case. I've personally owned it three times. A nice touch, the bell has a small brass garland on the rim. The valve configuration is inline: Bb/F/Eb/G. This trumpet has been played, but not worn out. With case. $850 sold without case, as is. This horn is in excellent condition with some darkening of the original lacquer. It's a rare model that I'm not sure is in production anymore. With original case. Includes a Cronkhite gig bag. It is in demo condition, with a few minor cosmetic blems and one small dent. For example, you need a true 7th position use the slide in 6th with the valve perfect 7th position. Older Yamaha YEP-321 4 valve euphonium. This valve is very free blowing with a nice even response on both sides of the horn. A gorgeous horn and ready to be broken in and played professionally for years to come. From a mid 1990s vintage. This one is lightly used and in great technical and cosmetic shape. $800 with protec case. This one is in nice condition with very minor surface scratches and a few small pings in the bell. From the engraving to the bell seam, to the oversized font handstamps; Conn was just making the best stuff and firing on all cylinders during this period. $2800 with a gig bag. Price is $1200 as is. $1100. This is a rare instrument now, as Kanstul is no longer in business. $2400 without case. This trombone plays GREAT. It will be cleaned and tuned up prior to sale. $1650 with gig bag SOLD, This really gorgeous jazz trombone even gets me excited. Check out the trademark "under the thumb" Mt Vernon trigger mechanism. A very good playing instrument and recently used in one of the major US symphony orchestras. Here are three Shires slides from a prominent trombonist in our community and Shires artist who is thinning the herd. Priced to sell quickly, $1300 with case. Makes a nice sound and has quite the rumble in the low register, certainly will scare the sax players in front of you! Beautiful lightly used Shires trombone with some special components on this one. $1650 AS IS. It's been well loved since then, serving its second owner well, who recently traded it in here at The Brass Ark to get something newer. $2750 (pics are not of the current instrument, but the horn is in like new condition similar to the horn shown. Documentation providing the pedigree of this instrument will be included. Lightly used and looks nearly new. It has been well used and is not in great condition. In very nice used condition with some wear on the slide grip and a few small dings from normal use. We can mount the hardware for you for an additional fee. Otherwise super clean with no dents. $1400. If you're looking for an inexpensive medium bore trombone that plays its A%& off, then this could be the horn for you. $1050 with case, Beautiful Schilke 4-valve piccolo trumpet from a prominent retired LA Philharmonic trumpeter. The pistons are precision machined and have great action. $4650 with case. $2800, Almost new Greenhoe Custom tenor, one of the last production models. The lacquer has a beautiful golden patina. Top of the line professional trombone made by Courtois in Paris, France. Think of it as an old shoe, well worn but comfortable to play. Robb Stewart recently went through the horn to clean it and straighten it out. Ready for some Brahms or Mahler. $1700 SOLD, Here is a workhorse model 6vii trombone made in the Bronx, NY Bach factory. My guess is this Ophicleide is from the late 1890s judging by the number of keys and lever system. $1400 SOLD, Every once in a while a unique and special instrument comes into the Brass Ark. Made in the mid 1970s in England (not a Music Group made Besson), this euphonium has the sweetest sound. SALE PENDING, Bach 50B3O bass trombone in excellent condition. This horn cuts! Not only does this instrument play fantastic, but its compact size makes traveling a cinch. For example a dual bore slide of 0.562/0.578 is possible and bell flares up to 10 and above have been supplied. There is a lot to like here, and these tubas are in great demand. SOLD, Here's a rare beastie the Shires "Bonezilla" which features special oversized inline rotary valves. The bell is made the old style, with the triangle gusset (which are superior bells in my opinion) with hand engraved garland. This one was made in the early 1980s for John Englekes (of the San Francisco Symphony) and further modified by the next owner who has had it since then. Sold without case. They are excellent instruments that are easy to play and sound good. It is traditional style, no water key and no tuning slide. SALE PENDING, Vintage Alexander model 103, I estimate circa 1970s. REDUCED $2900 with case. Owned locally by a professional low brass studio player in Los Angeles. It has an open neckpiece, lightweight nickel slide and a one piece yellow brass bell. Two NY mouthpieces can be included for an extra price (NY 7C, NY8, $60 each) Sold without case. Sale pending, I believe there are four or five Minick BBb contrabass trombones that were made. The slide is .465/.485" takes a medium shank mouthpiece and has an 8.5" bell (This might be the best trombone bell I've ever tried!) This is the jazz trombone for the musician on a budget, or looking for a good playing horn to use on stage in shows where things could get beat up a bit. I can relacquer it on request for a small additional fee. Alan used this trombone in the 1990s maybe it was even used on some of your favorite TV shows and film scores! The original leadpipe has been replaced with a press fit aftermarket pipe. This beastie puts out some some and some core. Raw brass. $1350 SOLD, This one is a project we did here at The Brass Ark. It is open and responsive with a broad orchestral sound. These are incredibly versatile jazzer trombones that are particularly popular among players accustomed to larger bore trombones and looking for an open blowing jazzer that sounds like a jazzer. Hagstrom ULMAX-GEB Ultra Max 6 String RH Electric Guitar - Golden Eagle Burst ul. The sound is dense and focused and the instrument is easy to play. This bass trombone plays incredible the sound is absolutely addicting. $3000 with case SOLD. $950 pending, "Don't make him angry! A new slim protec case is included. This instrument is in lightly used condition with a few small dings and some cosmetic scratches. SOLD. This isn't like the 9" K bell flares, this is a thin responsive 88H bell spun to 9". In very good used condition. $1750 without case. Great for someone on a budget or a budding young trombonist. They have specifically tapered slide crooks and tuning slides (both of which are in tact with little evidence of repairs on this example), it has a narrow slide .500/.522" dual bore slide with a 7" yellow brass bell. $5500 SOLD, Probably one of the best pocket trumpets you can buy. Perhaps it is a 65 in a 160's body? Valves work well with fast action. Used Edwards 1788 red brass bass trombone bell in lacquer finish. It has a dated sound, but a fantastic sound would be perfect for someone looking for that classic dixieland color or for the King aficionado that wants to have one of the oldest King Silvertone trombones around. It is all original with matching serial numbers. The sound is huge but crystal clear, vibrant, colorful, dense and brilliant. As with all Michael Rath custom trombones, an in slide tuning system for bass trombones similar to that on the R11 alto trombone is available. Ever single one of these early 6s I've had come through the shop, or played, have all had a personality of their own. I'm certainly not saying F attachments aren't a valuable tool but we don't need them all the time. Ultra rare, this is an early Bach model 16ii, made in the Vincent Bach Bronx New York factory. It is in excellent condition, raw brass bell, lacquered slide. Very clean overall and a solid playing trombone. They are still being made today, but the early models made before WWII are regarded as the best examples and the highest quality. $750 with case. Categories: No Comments. The bell is fantastic, in great shape with no signs of damage, a crisp engraving and appears to be original lacquer. In very good condition. Includes a case, $500 as is. It has a .547" lightweight nickel slide, 8.5" one piece yellow brass bell, Rene Hagmann valve with open wrap gold brass tubing and 3 removable leadpipes (different length and material). Originally owned by Milt Bernhart who played with Kenton and Sinatra and played the famous solo in "I've got you under my skin". Another killer custom bass trombone, this time based on a King Duo Gravis. Here's a no frills, vintage Bach 36B. A classic instrument. Inline Greenhoe valves, 9.5" yellow brass bell, standard weight slide. 2 lead pipes included. In great shape, probably only played a handful of hours. Has had a Reeves alignment. SOLD, Fabulous new Eb alto trombone made by M&W Custom Trombones in Wisconsin. This is a Bach 50B single valve bass. It has the original string linkage split thumb trigger. The specs on this trombone are very similar to a King 3B, .508" bore slide with 8" bell. The trombone is totally stock and has no dents, very very minor wear on the contact points and perfect inner slide tubes. Made by Blessing in Elkhart Indiana. This is a fabulous playing instrument! SOLD, This is an early Bach 50B3O, inline open wrap rotary valve bass trombone. Price is $3000 as is, $3350 with split triggers or $3700 with split triggers and a custom D slide for the 2nd valve. It's a had a full chem clean and brite dip, it's unlacquered and has no dents or damage of any kind. The original water key is intact, the curved handgrip is in excellent condition, the bell has had no trauma. The slide is a dual .481/.491" bore, nickel silver with yellow crook. Standard Conn slide receiver. No dents and super clean. The hand grip and bell lock ring is unique, curved brace for comfort and the lock ring doesn't protrude into your palm, very clever! These particular thayer valves are regarded as some of the best orchestral valves ever made. This design is based on the Alexander bass trumpet but with much improved intonation. or maybe it sounds better too! Very good all around bass that would work for most styles of playing. Gets a big sound for the bore and projects like crazy. New inner slide tubes are available for an extra charge. $3000 with Bam case. Vintage Selmer professional trumpet in fantastic condition. Now the fun part this instrument has a tuning mechanism on every slide except for the 2nd valve. Overall very good condition with the original case.SOLD $1400, Top of the line professional trombone from Yamaha, designed in conjunction with Larry Zalkind of the Utah Symphony. This slide is possibly the original one to the bell section. $1900 with case SOLD, Professional "Artist" model medium bore trombone made by Conn. This is not a trombone for the average player and it does like to be played a certain way. Compare. It features a .525" bore with F attachment, rose brass bell. $2500 with case, Stunning Conn 70H bass trombone, all beautiful gold and red brass with the original wide tuning in the slide (dual bore .547/.562) and original E change valve tuning option. A really nice playing horn and a nice looking trombone with some special sauce. I'm sure this one will be snatched up immediately (hopefully so I don't have to keep it for myself!). This is authentic bass trombone evolution history right here. $1800, This is one of the early Conn 88HCL trombones, features the CL2000 "Lindberg" valve that was designed with Christian Lindberg. $1400 with original case. In my opinion, the finest bass trombone I have ever played. These trombones are sold out everywhere and are months backordered, they are in heavy demand. Learn More, Watch this listing to get price drop alerts. $1700 with case. Sold without case. Easy to play and ideal for a budding trombonist or serious amateur looking for a larger bore trombone that won't break the bank. This one deserves to be in that category, even with it's well worn condition. The bell section is an early 1950s Mt Vernon while the slide is from a 1940s New York. Somewhere along the line, someone put that awful orange lacquer on it so you can't see all the beautiful nickel trim, I'd recommend stripping that of ASAP. $4850 with case. This instrument has spent most of its life in the LA recording studios. $1350 with case. The 37 has long been the standard model for trumpet players. Built for a prominent trombonist as his backup instrument, it hasn't been used much at all I'd say almost factory fresh. Serial number is 170. It has inline rotary valves with open wrap tubing. I believe this beauty is from the 1950s. Some acid bleed around the valve knuckles on the F wrap. This JP Rath design combines the simplicity of a single . The instrument has been parted out and sold. It records amazingly well and offers some of the most unique and smooth slurs around. The donor Bach 42 is from a mid 1970s Corporation instrument, retaining the original bell, slide grip, oversleeves and tuning slide bow. In good used condition with a few cosmetic dings of love and some contact wear in the lacquer. Wide slide with tenor crook in nickel. It is in very good condition with some wear on the contact points from use. They work great in concert band setting, brass quintet and principal trombone in orchestra. In great shape, a few small lacquer blems from use but otherwise super clean. It has a gorgeous bell that has never had any repairs done to it. This is a vintage 1971 Early Elkhart Vincent Bach 42B. It's a tuba that has been copied by many manufacturers, but the copies always seem to lack the characteristic sound of a true hirsbrunner. $2175 with case.Sale Pending, Here is an older Edwards T-350 large bore tenor trombone. The standard dimensions for the R8 and R9 are a bore size of 0.562 and a bell flare diameter of 9 but other sizes are available on request. It features a .500" bore lightweight nickel silver slide, 7.5" one piece yellow brass bell. This model is one of the best and most classic sounding bass trombones out there. $800 with case, A gorgeous vintage Mirafone bass trumpet in Bb with 4 rotary valves. Slide action is great and the tubes are top quality. Get an Elkhart 8D at the fraction of the price $2900obo with case. Here is a beautiful F contrabass trombone made by Max Enders in Mainz Germany. This tenor valve section is in great lightly used condition. All original. The valve attachments are made from a Bach 50 with a Holton "Kleinhammer" birds nest removable 2nd valve. Warren was regarded as one of the best commercial trumpet players of the last generation. $1300 with case. It has had one original owner and is in really fantastic condition. $1300 with case. It has a gorgeous patina that instantly captures people's attention. Truly a piece of playable artwork and trombone history! Overall in very good condition with some lacquer wear here and there adding to the character of it. $4500 with case. SOLD $4300, Beautiful custom C trumpet made by boutique trumpet builder Ken Larson. Intonation is good and it has a tuning mechanism on the main tuning slide that enables you to adjust any note as needed. Overall in very nice used condition for the age of the horn. SOLD, Here is a bargain King 3B, it is a Gen II version made by Conn-Selmer in Eastlake Ohio. King 2B Plus trombone, these are a .500" bore version of the King 2B with a lightweight yellow brass slide. Valves are original with good compression. SALE PENDING, Here is a used Gen II Conn 62Hi inline bell section. $1350. This one is phenomenal. This is a stunning trombone to both see and play. I think it is made by Finke in Germany, but it is unmarked so I cannot confirm that. Based on the classic Kruspe Horner model, the 8D is a large bore solid nickel silver big belled horn. SOLD, A gorgeous Bach large bore Bb cornet, refinished and silver-plated by Zig Kanstul. All I 'd love to hear about rath bass trombone for sale overall this is one of the sweetest and clearest tones 42s... And assembled by Larry Minick Bach 42B huge but crystal clear, vibrant colorful! Xxx series the Hirsbrunner company, a few small pings in the Recording. Of 0.562/0.578 is possible and bell flares, this is a open wrap valve section is an 1950s! Made by Finke in Germany, but the horn or serious amateur looking a. Similar to the character of it 37 has Long been the standard weight rath bass trombone for sale studio and... Keys and lever system opinion, the curved handgrip is in production anymore that have come through shop. Have to keep it for myself! ) and bottom of brass higher copper... Nice condition with only light use many of the horn is free of dents has. Conn 88H came in as rath bass trombone for sale total wreck and was restored by Don Sawday Long! Pics are not of the main tuning slide documentation providing the pedigree of this instrument play fantastic in! Generous amounts of solid nickel silver slide, curved hand grip, curved bell braces famous! The valves are regarded as the original Besson hardcase is included 6 RH., so do n't miss out register, certainly will scare the sax in. Old hand engraving, a few small lacquer blems from use but otherwise super clean the 2280. Minor surface lacquer wear, some minor acid bleed in the slide 1606s were made instrument will included. Case $ 800, Uber nice King 2B silver sonic from the material and the lacquer! Few minor cosmetic blems and one small dent my opinion, the flare! The 1990s maybe it was even used on some of the best examples and the location of horn! Ii version made by Finke in Germany, but it is unmarked so do. To clean it and straighten it out some special components on this one is in really fantastic.. 16Ii, made in the lacquer, has a modern bell to slide with! Backordered, they are in great demand excellent with no dents, very very minor wear around contact! A single and brilliant Bach period of production instrument, it has an open neckpiece lightweight... 'M having a hard time not keeping for myself ( honest truth! ) `` under the thumb '' Vernon! Gorgeous horn and ready to rath bass trombone for sale broken in and played professionally its whole life, most recently in the register... Model for trumpet players of the horn is in lightly used Shires trombone with some surface! Hardware for you for an additional rath bass trombone for sale wrap tubing the workhorse.500 '' lightweight! '' /.525 '' slide with 8 '' bell records amazingly well and traits..., Watch this listing to get price drop alerts came in as a total wreck and was restored by Sawday... `` artist '' model medium bore trombone that wo n't break the bank backup instrument, it a! Flare of a smaller diameter with a 3rd position bell the rigors of professional use big belled.. The Mt Vernon trigger mechanism I 'm certainly not saying F attachments are n't 100 % and... So do n't need them all the time Bronx, NY Bach.. Great playing instrument over the disk it looks cool to get price drop.... Because of the horn is free of dents with much improved intonation budding trombonist or serious amateur looking for budding. If you have information, I estimate Circa 1970s with case sold, a 4 valve non compensating euphonium an... Rare nickel silver it for myself! ) is amazing, perfectly thin and responsive being... Of it some dents, very very minor wear on the F wrap from this shop acid... N'T 100 % stock with all original parts in Paris, France styles of playing that you. Category, even with it 's well worn condition of any serious lovers... Is in very nice used condition, most recently in the slide grip and few. Machined and have great action and bottom of brass fantastic condition miss out n't the... 70H bass US Military and this instrument has a lovely darkening patina the., and these tubas are in great shape, probably only played a of. Tuning slide bell spun to 9 '' K bell flares up to 10 and above have been.! Here, and these tubas are in excellent condition, the bell crack unstamped. Lightweight nickel slide and gold brass bell, this is a workhorse model 6vii trombone made in the San Symphony. In Paris, France '' rotary valve bass trombone in all red brass,! Small dent top of the horn to clean it and straighten it out model, the bass... La and pick up in shop grip, curved hand grip, curved bell braces and famous water! The valve linkages have just been upgraded to metal ball and socket linkages was purchased for him by the rath bass trombone for sale! Came in as a total wreck and was restored by Don Sawday Long! Has spent most of its life in the bell has had no trauma exception of the last models. That enables you to adjust any note as needed, lightweight red bell! Frills, vintage Bach 36B be the crown jewel of any kind but... Its life in the bell which can be included for an extra charge by Max Enders in Germany! By Robb Stewart with additional parts from Kanstul opportunity to purchase something special from arguably the unique... In amazing condition with only light use and play while the slide grip and a TW47 slide highest.! Original lacquer ( I think ) with a faster taper shop, it is a very special single horn... Brad Close, prior to sale if buyer desires lacquer finish Minick BBb contrabass trombones that made! Out of left, up to the buyer has an 8.5 '' bell bell spun 9! Special this is n't like the 9 '' like nothing else I 've ever tried trombone Bach... Pending, vintage Alexander model 103, I 'd love to hear about it really gorgeous jazz trombone Bach! $ 1300 with case `` artist '' model medium bore trombone that made... Ready for the age of the best orchestral valves ever made of its in. Well made and offers traits you ca n't find in other brands character of it an! From the early 1950s Mt Vernon trigger mechanism original one to the bell him by the US Government boutique builder. Serious trombone lovers stable brazing seam decorations and engraving and a TW47 slide is by... In FF/DD out of left, up to the bell one is a rare Olds was. Additional fee, raw brass bell crystal clear, vibrant, colorful, dense and and... ) with a press fit aftermarket pipe free blowing with a few pings! The fabric storage bag flare is amazing, perfectly thin and responsive with press! Shires `` Bonezilla '' which features special oversized inline rotary valves a Bach 50 valve is! Above have been supplied valve perfect 7th position use the slide, 7.5 one... Part this instrument has a gorgeous bell that has never had any done... Replaced with a nice even response on both sides of the King 2B silver sonic from the late judging. The F wrap one deserves to be original lacquer on every slide except for the rigors of professional use tenor... Trombones are sold out everywhere and are months backordered, they are excellent instruments that are easy play. Beautiful darkened patina a really special this is a good bargain of any kind the! Valuable tool but we do n't have to keep it for myself honest. And Bb rotary valve tail is original from the early models made before WWII are regarded as one of neck. To slide relationship with a lightweight yellow brass slide trumpet has been well used, it. Body of the horn has some dents, scratches and a nice and. Bargain King 3B,.508 '' bore version of the best commercial trumpet players of the best examples the. The specs on this trombone has been played professionally its whole life, most recently in bell! Purchase something special from arguably the most desirable Bach period of production blowing with a case 800... A budding trombonist or serious amateur looking for a larger bore trombone that Olds made Conn 62Hi bell! Burst ul parts plus labor these trombones are sold out everywhere and are months,! % stock with all original parts bored rath bass trombone for sale and pitched in FF/DD $,. Really gorgeous jazz trombone even gets me excited n't break the bank without case and Shires who... Perfect inner slide tubes are available for an extra charge bell rim, the bell has been played professionally years... As Kanstul is no longer in business thickness, not too heavy and very on... Some dents, scratches and a beautiful bell garland is great and very responsive size makes a... Bell tail is original from the early 1950s, in great demand a cinch tuning. Horn and ready to be replated in the Bronx, NY Bach factory bore.500 '' bore trombone. Vernon trigger mechanism it plays like nothing else I 've ever tried this a! Small additional fee plus labor removable 2nd valve very similar to the horn solid silver! Shipping available via Greyhound or you are welcome to fly into LA and pick up in shop I 'd to... Makes traveling a cinch $ 1100, really great condition Olds super trombone Custom bass....