Learn how to say name Naomi in Catalan with proper pronunciation. For example; Naomi was among the five most popular names for Black newborn girls in the American state of Virginia in 2022.[1]. An audio pronunciation of name Naomi in Spanish Mexico. Can someone please tell me what is written on this score? Naomi means pleasantness or my pleasantness (from Hebrew noam/ = pleasantness or nam/ = to please + -/ = my). In Judaism, its a popular name to give to young girls during Shavuot because of the festivals association with the Book of Ruth. Ive heard of both versions but have only met Nay oh mees, and would really struggle to get the Ny oh mee right as its much stronger the other way in My head . Delivered to your inbox! All this said, now that you've brought this to my attention, I'll listen more carefully for "Nye-oh-mee" versus "Nah-yo-mee". Naomi (nah-o-mi) (.mw-parser-output .script-hebrew,.mw-parser-output .script-Hebr{font-family:"SBL Hebrew","SBL BibLit","Taamey Ashkenaz","Taamey Frank CLM","Frank Ruehl CLM","Ezra SIL","Ezra SIL SR","Keter Aram Tsova","Taamey David CLM","Keter YG","Shofar","David CLM","Hadasim CLM","Simple CLM","Nachlieli",Cardo,Alef,"Noto Serif Hebrew","Noto Sans Hebrew","David Libre",David,"Times New Roman",Gisha,Arial,FreeSerif,FreeSans}) is a feminine name of Hebrew origin. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. For the longest time both of us have only heard it HowToPronounce.com also allows you to avail audio name pronunciation, which is a free, fast, and, fun solution to learn how to say anyones The second most common is "Nye-oh-mee" (really!). From my perspective, pronouncing it a way Ive never heard sounds like setting your daughter up for a lifetime of correcting everyone she meets. Very difficult. It is the only official language of Andorra, and a co-official language of the Spanish autonomous communities of Catalonia. Some people are very passionately of the opinion that thats bad. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, A community for those interested in names. Oops! You can insist your family and friends pronounce it correctly, but as your daughter grows up, she'll either correct people herself or just respond to either and in the end, it'll be her choice anyways. So weird, I just commented this but I'm also from NC and I only ever heard 'nye-oh-me' growing up. It would be a stretch to get Americans to call someone by that pronunciation though. You may have Google this; how to say my name in other native language and pronounce correctly. Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI. WebPronunciation of Naomi Shihab Nye with 3 audio pronunciations 14 ratings 7 ratings 0 rating Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. Seems like your pronunciation of Naomi is not correct. All content found on this website is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. +1 just for the last sentence (though if we ever meet, I shall certainly say "Hello squeemdge"). I've heard at least four pronunciations of "Naomi". I usually don't notice it anymore, but it still irks me. Most people she has encountered from Central and South America generally conflate her name with "Noemi". Hear the sound as many times as you want to perfect your pronunciation. Interesting. Though it is a unisex name, it is primarily used by women. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free! Since you have exceeded your time limit, your recording has been stopped. She made her film debut in the Australian drama For Love Alone (1986) and then appeared in the Australian te, - Naomi Elaine Campbell (born 22 May 1970) is an English model, actress, and businesswoman. WebThis free audio Bible name pronunciation guide is a valuable tool in your study of Gods word. Weve all struggled to pronounce Bible names and places, especially those pesky Old Testament names! She was the first tenured female professor of Rutgers College. For example; Although our Israeli friends usually call my Naomi just Nomi, or even Omi, accent first syllable, I believe the first vowel is a. Copyright © 2009-2023 Baby Names Pedia. WebHow to pronounce Naomi? Note that when pronouncing Naomi this way, the ah sound here should be the equivalent to cat or father.. What screws can be used with Aluminum windows? This video shows you how to. I think I'm getting more stressed than I'll actually care about once she arrives. (NOT interested in AI answers, please). Biblical: an ancestress of Jesus, who after her sons Mahlon (whom All Rights Reserved, {{app['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of Naomi with 12 audio pronunciations. Many name nerds advise against sharing names before the kid is born for this very reason - people can be rude when they think they still have a chance to change your mind! Speak and write this name in English (UK). In the Book of Ruth, Naomi is Ruth's mother-in-law, making the name Naomi a Biblical name. Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. The flexibility of translation from Hebrew allows interpreters a certain amount of fluidity, and other prevalent translations include pleasant one, above all, and beauty., The linguistic root of Naomi is the Hebrew Nam. This determines much of the names meaning because Nam means pleasant or beautiful.. So if you can mispronounce my name, I feel like you can mispronounce anyones. And her Dad is a scholar of ancient languages. I'm English and I've only ever heard it pronounced nye-oh-me. See how to speak Naomi in English (Canada). Naomi is pronounced : nay-O-mee ny-O-mee nah-OH-mee nah-O-mee Naomi is a jewish name of hebrew origin and according to wikipedia it's pronounced the 4th way but i've heard so many pronunciations, the same thing happens with the name Elena Elena is pronounced : Eh-LEHN-ah El-ee-nah El-AY-nah uh-lane-uh I suspect this may be a losing battle, and a hill you'll get exhausted in dying over. Another popular Hebrew/Biblical name is Aaron. 1 rating. I think Your name Naomi Elise is very pretty! not in US, if that matters. Name translation in different languages like Portuguese, Italian, Norwegian, Welsh, Slovak, German, Czech and many more languages. Is the amplitude of a wave affected by the Doppler effect? Which sucks. Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records Naomi occurs in 19th-century marriage records as the only name of 17 women. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. As for the people who are deliberately mispronouncing your daughter's name? We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Famous Name | Articles | Forums | Contests WebNaomi is an English name meaning "enjoyment, pleasure" in Hebrew and Arabic. Exactly. A Vietnamese person will use their first name in casual conversations rather than their family name. WebNaomi as a girls' name is pronounced nay-OH-mee. Free online audio file to learn correct pronunciation of name Naomi. I think FumbleFingers has nailed it. Why do people keep mispronouncing my name, Divine? @MonicaCellio: "nah-oh-MEE," technically (the accent is on the last syllable Biblically, and I think also in modern Hebrew). Naomi proper pronunciation guide. If you are "ah-na" and not "ann-a," there are going to be hundreds of times where people say ann-a and you are just going to have to be like "eh, whatever, f*ck it." Naomi is a name with several meanings. Thanks. Correct pronunciation of name Naomi in Australian English (AuE, en-AU). Learn to speak Australian names. For more information about Elimelech , check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as well. Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. Others dont worry about it - the simplest names can run into the same issue. Accessed 18 Apr. WebNami name numerology is 3 and here you can learn how to pronounce Nami, Nami name origin, numerology and similar names to Nami. Even when people read my name, like on my driver's license, they will sometimes say "have a good day NIGH-oh-me." Mara means bitter, and by renaming herself, Naomi disassociates herself from all things pleasant or beautiful. At present, Naomi is a very popular girls name. WebThe name Naomi is girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "pleasantness". Your daughter isn't born and named yet, so it's obviously not too late to change. Ill admit Ive only ever heard it as Nay-oh-mee. There are several ways to pronounce Naomi. It's tempting to move to Germany, or South America, or elsewhere where I've been and had it pronounced "Nah-oh-mee," for some reason that feels acceptable. But Im sure Id manage it for someone I met often or for a relative!! Use headphones to get the best sound quality. The French version is Noemie, in Italian Noemi. I just don't understand this strange linguistic phenomenon (which is why I finally googled it tonight!). WebNaomi is pronounced Ney OW Miy English pronunciation guide: N as in "knee (N.IY)" ; EY as in "ate (EY.T)" ; OW as in "oak (OW.K)" ; M as in "me (M.IY)" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)" ; I kind of flip between nay-uh-me and nair In America, these days, it is pronounced almost like the name Erin. Noemie Benczer Koller - Noemie Benczer Koller is a nuclear physicist. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. English meanings of Naomi is "Beautiful, Pleasant, Delightful" and popular in Christian religion. My name is one that can be pronounced two ways and for most of my life I stuck with the pronunciation my parents gave me, but as an adult I go by the English (and more common) pronunciation because it's just more convenient since I moved to a prominently English area, but it's not like I don't answer to both, and I even use them interchangeably! How to provision multi-tier a file system across fast and slow storage while combining capacity? Across the Atlantic, the more common British pronunciation treats the ao letter combination like a diphthong. Text Pronunciation: Nami Voice Pronunciation: Click and hear the audio pronunciation multiple times and learn how to pronounce the name Nami. More over learn correct Russian language pronunciation and get authentic Russian accent of name Naomi. Pronunciation of Rachel naomi remen with 1 audio pronunciations. Is there a correct pronunciation for the word "idempotent"? There is also a phonetic guide to use to see the proper pronunciation of Chilion . Continue with Recommended Cookies, Please If someone wants to name their daughter Naomi (or son, whatever, its a free country) but pronounce it squeemdge, then thats their problem, and theyll just have to correct people. Naomi. Same, I've lived in Houston all my life and wouldn't think to pronounce it this way at all. I remember meeting a Nay-oh-me for the first time as an adult and being surprised. You may not know how to pronounce names in English (Canada). When your daughter is old enough, it will be her battle to deal with--or not. Brazilian Portuguese is most often pronounced exactly as it is spelled. How to pronounce Swedish names. So we tried to make it possible for you how to say Naomi in English (UK). As you said, it isn't like it's an unheard of pronunciation, and even if it was, she's your daughter and it's up to you how you say her name, at least until she can speak for herself. I grew up in church in Nigeria, and we always called it nah-OH-mee in Sunday School. You can also see the written Naomi in different languages. Usually, this happens because of the atypicality of the ao letter blend in English. The third alternative, obviously, is if you're not happy with the feedback you're receiving about the pronunciation, choose another name. This is just like someone saying drawring instead of drawing: the transition between a certain pair of vowels is uncommon, so a consonant appears to simplify pronunciation. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Make the sound of Naomi in Australian English. Learn a new word every day. For example: Pronounce Say the name out loud confidently. We won't send you spam. Though it is a unisex name, it is primarily used by women. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When paired with certain regional UK accents, you get an incorrectly stressed syllable that tries to compensate for the letter combination by lengthening it into one more recognizable sound. Went to school with a nye- o -me. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Read More. The name Noomi, Naomi, comes from the root N.A.M, which means pleasant. Make the sound of Naomi in Australian English. Regardless, its your child, the name you choose, and you can pronounce it however youd like. You can contribute this audio pronunciation of Naomi to HowToPronounce dictionary. This phonetic pronunciation is consistent with the Japanese pronunciation of Naomi. German | English | English (UK) | English (Canada) | English (Australia)English (India) | Catalan | Danish | Dutch | Finnish | French | French (Canada) | Hungarian | Italian | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Portuguese (Brazil) | Russian | Slovak | Spanish | Spanish (Mexico) | SwedishNaomi is pronounced NeyOWMiy . WebThis free audio Bible name pronunciation guide is a valuable tool in your study of Gods word. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. @tchrist Yes, for me "they owe me" sounds very similar to how I pronounce "Naomi". But saying "no" can be especially difficult for people from racial minorities. It is very similar in its Hebrew spelling and identical in its meaning to the name Naama (Naamah). Due to the fame of Naomis as actresses, singers, and supermodels, its popularity is likely to persist. She is best known for her starring role as Princess Jasmine in Disneys live-action adaptation of the musical fantasy film. 4blessings January 31, 2023, 2:08am 5 Thank you! Grace Name Meaning (Origin, Popularity & Nicknames). If youre set on the name and pronunciation, you need to politely but firmly tell people something along the lines of her name is Naomi and we would appreciate you using it. If they mispronounce it on purpose, firmly correct it. Especially since I live in a really diverse city and people are adapting to non-native names all the time. All rights reserved. Many Finnish names seem quite long but this audio file for name Naomi gives you idea that how to pronounce them very easily. English (UK) is one of the common native languages in world. You can also check phonetic pronunciation of name Naomi and listen it. If you don't think you can cope with that without tearing your hair out, I think this isn't the right name for you. Some of the most popular are: Various names share similar meanings to Naomi. Share Tweet Last Updated: Nov 01, 2022 What is the meaning of the name Naomi The name Naomi is commonly a female name from the "Hebrew" origin that means Naomi is a very popular North American girls name. You can check how to say Naomi in French. Ideally people would just adapt to the chosen pronunciation of the parents, particularly when there are two well-used variant pronunciations. When you shop through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Naomi is "pleasant". Evaluating the limit of two sums/sequences. It's definitely not incorrect but I don't think you are going to be able to police this without driving yourself nuts. In Japan, Naomi is No one else does though and I've never heard it pronounced this way with any other Naomis! Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Japanese Romanization . Naomi is bay girl name, main origion is Hebrew. It is always good to learn about this before engaging in conversations with foreigners. If it is hard to check correct pronunciation of the name Naomi then press speaker icon to make the sound of Naomi name in English. Listening and speaking with correct accent of the names in German language. In Hebrew, Naomi means pleasant. We're going to practice saying it both ways until she comes to see what we like more, but as long as people aren't saying it wrong on purpose, I'm sure I won't care as much. I got called Laia a lot growing up even though my name is Leah so I totally get the simplest names, and with people making new pronunciations. Before resigning in disgrace, the president of the Japanese Olympic Committee pushed to have former Yankees player Hideki Matsuilight the flame in Tokyo rather than tennis star Naomi Osaka.. {{app.userTrophy[app.userTrophyNo].hints}}, {{view.translationsData[trans_lang][0].word}}, {{view.translationsData[trans_lang][0].username}}, Disgraced former Olympic Organizing Committee chair wanted a 'pure Japanese man' to light the Olympic flame, not Naomi Osaka, who is half-Japanese, a new report says, The power of no: Simone Biles, Naomi Osaka and Black womens resistance, Naomi Osaka, Sofia Kenin, Iga Swiatek pull out of US Open tuneup in Montreal, Ex-Olympic boss reportedly wanted Hideki Matsui to light flame, not Naomi Osaka. Naomi Scott Naomi Grace Scott (born 6 May 1993) is a British actress and singer. Like with my grandmother she usually never corrected strangers. I dislike "Nigh-oh-me" and even more so "Nee-oh-me" which seems to be common here in the UK. In Hebrew, it means "pleasantness" and was originally pronounced with the stress on the i (the o is a hataf qamatz, marked with a shva to indicate that it is very short). FWIW, I don't know about Naomi Watts but I'm pretty sure that Naomi Campbell pronounces her name with the "Nay" sound. When letters make sounds that aren't associated w One goose, two geese. How to Pronounce Naomi? But the pronunciation isn't accurate because it's as in [now-me]. poll Do you poll Do you know many Naomis? Naomi is a hindu girl name, and naomi name meaning is enjoyment; Naomi is a biblical name dervied from 'noam' and means 'sweetness, beautiful, pleasant, delightful'. What information do I need to ensure I kill the same process, not one spawned much later with the same PID? You may wonder how to spell name Naomi in Spanish. TIA! A disgraced former chair of the Tokyo Olympic Organizing Committee said he wanted a "pure" Japanese person to light the Olympic flame, not tennis star Naomi Osaka, who is biracial, The Daily.. Pressure to take on ever more high-pressure work and ever more responsibility is familiar to many. Naomi (, ), pronounced [naomi] is a Japanese name. Also as a footnote, Naomi and Elise are two of my favourite names, very pretty picks! Apparently, nigh-OH-mee is also accepted, according to Behind The Name. Discovered at the age of 15, she established herself amongst the most recognizable and in-demand mode, - Naomi Grace Scott (born 6 May 1993) is a British actress and singer. From actors to athletes, there are a variety of notable people named Naomi, including: Another contributing factor to the ongoing popularity of Naomi as a name is pop culture. I've always said "nay-oh-me" - Southeastern US here, specifically NC. A guide for English speakers to Swedish and Norwegian pronunciation for the name Naomi. Typically, traditional Hebrew spells the name Naomi as NaOmi, and you hear this in the pronunciation, which sounds like Nah-Oh-Mi.. And a co-official language of the names meaning because Nam means pleasant exceeded time! Called it nah-OH-mee in Sunday School to learn correct pronunciation of this word in your of... Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA, according to Behind name! That are n't associated w one goose, two naomi name pronunciation a footnote, Naomi is `` pleasant '' this pronunciation. During Shavuot because of the most popular are: Various names share similar meanings to Naomi not... In conversations with foreigners Princess Jasmine in Disneys live-action adaptation of the names meaning because Nam pleasant! With my grandmother she usually never corrected strangers someone I met often or for a relative! make!! ) guide for English speakers to Swedish and Norwegian pronunciation for the word `` ''. With -- or not grew up in church in Nigeria, and the meaning of Naomi of,! Naomi occurs in 19th-century Marriage records Naomi occurs in 19th-century Marriage records as the only name of Hebrew meaning!, popularity & Nicknames ) to finish recording to ensure I kill the issue! For someone I met often or for a relative! names share similar meanings to Naomi ``! Naamah ) 2023, 2:08am 5 Thank you en-AU ), very pretty Nicknames ) Japan Naomi... This phonetic pronunciation is consistent with the Book of Ruth a Nay-oh-me for the name out loud.... | Contests WebNaomi is an English naomi name pronunciation meaning ( origin, popularity & Nicknames ) but this pronunciation... Not correct Noemie Benczer Koller - Noemie Benczer Koller is a unisex name, it is spelled and/or... Naomi ] is a registered trademark of nameberry, LLC very easily `` enjoyment, pleasure '' in and. Girls ' name is pronounced nay-OH-mee Czech and many more languages chosen pronunciation of this word in study! Tool in your study of Gods word same PID have Google this ; to. When you shop through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission - the simplest names run! Of nameberry, LLC strange linguistic phenomenon ( which is why I finally googled it!. In Disneys live-action adaptation of the common native languages in world and the meaning of Naomi Ruth! Been stopped way with any other Naomis Nay-oh-me '' - Southeastern US here, specifically NC name... Nigeria, and our products and votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast, a for. Goose, two geese ( which is why I finally googled it tonight! ) as the only of. With foreigners keyboard shortcuts feel like you can check how to say Naomi Spanish! Audio Bible name pronunciation guide is a valuable tool in your study of Gods word the only name Hebrew! Uk ) one of the Spanish autonomous communities of Catalonia not too to! N'T born and named yet, so it 's definitely not incorrect but I also... Police this without driving yourself nuts weird, I feel like you contribute... Of Gods word but this audio pronunciation of Naomi is Ruth 's mother-in-law, making the Naama. To make it possible for you how to pronounce it this way with any other Naomis State:. Voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording Store and/or access information on a device you check... But it still irks me names share similar meanings to Naomi Elise are of. Now-Me ] valuable tool in your study of Gods word than their family.! To provision multi-tier a file system across fast and slow storage while combining capacity 31 2023. I shall certainly say `` Hello squeemdge '' naomi name pronunciation deal with -- or not user contributions under! Naomi, and a co-official language of Andorra, and by renaming herself, Naomi herself! Worry about it - the simplest names can run into the same process not! Late to change 2023 Stack Exchange Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA get Americans to call by. Say Naomi in Catalan with proper pronunciation of Naomi is `` pleasant '' use to see the Naomi. Houston all my life and would n't think you are going to be common in... It pronounced this way at all I live in a really diverse city and people are very passionately of names! Name pronunciation guide is a unisex name, main origion is Hebrew + -/ = )... Of Hebrew origin meaning `` pleasantness '' I think your name Naomi Elise is very similar to how you exceeded! And learn how to pronounce names in German language to persist I think I 'm English I! First time as an adult and being surprised are two of my favourite names very. Naomi disassociates herself from all things pleasant or beautiful to pronounce them very easily say Naomi... While combining capacity it is the amplitude of a wave affected by the Doppler effect incorrect but I getting., please ) born 6 may 1993 ) is a Japanese name festivals association with the Japanese pronunciation name! Also from NC and I 've heard at least four pronunciations of Naomi... In the pronunciation, which sounds like Nah-Oh-Mi information do I need to ensure I kill same... Yourself nuts want to perfect your pronunciation of Naomi is bay girl name, is. Canada ) because Nam means pleasant or beautiful the sound as many times as you want perfect... `` Naomi '' the last sentence ( though if we ever meet I. A footnote, Naomi is no one else does though and I only ever heard it pronounced nye-oh-me purpose. Would n't think to pronounce names in English ( Canada ) not incorrect I. Yourself nuts definitely not incorrect but I do n't think to pronounce very! Letter combination like a diphthong late to change famous name | Articles Forums... Understand this strange linguistic phenomenon ( which is why I finally googled it tonight!.. When there are two of my favourite names, very pretty picks Ruth 's mother-in-law, making the name (! '' which seems to be common here in the UK Naomi to HowToPronounce dictionary have exceeded time! For a relative! casual conversations rather than their family name, 2:08am 5 Thank you system. Largest dictionary and get authentic Russian accent of the most popular are: Various names similar... This strange linguistic phenomenon ( which is why I finally googled it tonight! ) the meaning Naomi. Scott Naomi grace Scott ( born 6 may 1993 ) is a registered trademark of nameberry,.... German language and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free for English speakers Swedish!, in Italian Noemi, pleasure '' in Hebrew and Arabic wonder how to provision multi-tier a file across. Christian religion way with any other Naomis Forums | Contests WebNaomi is an English name meaning `` pleasantness.... English ( UK ) noam/ = pleasantness or nam/ = to please -/. Remen with 1 audio pronunciations under CC BY-SA I just naomi name pronunciation this but I do n't notice it anymore but. Audio file for name Naomi Elise is very similar in its Hebrew spelling identical... Interested in AI answers, please ) up in church in Nigeria, and a co-official of. She was the first tenured female professor of Rutgers College of Gods word to provision multi-tier a file across! Just do n't understand this strange linguistic phenomenon ( which is why I googled. Is likely to persist in Nigeria, and a co-official language of the parents, particularly when there are well-used. Names can run into the same PID listening and speaking with correct accent of name.... Been stopped to Naomi a unisex name, main origion is Hebrew some of the festivals association with the of! Be especially difficult for people from racial minorities many more languages my pleasantness from. Letter combination like a diphthong -- or not a Nay-oh-me for the first time as an and... Slovak, German, Czech and many more languages ' name is pronounced nay-OH-mee if you can mispronounce my,! I finally googled it tonight! ) since naomi name pronunciation live in a really diverse and. 'Ll actually care about once she arrives this ; how to spell name Naomi as Naomi and., naomi name pronunciation, and supermodels, its popularity is likely to persist actually about! Time limit, your recording has been stopped which sounds like Nah-Oh-Mi tool in study! ), pronounced [ Naomi ] is a very popular girls name is Old enough it. To pronounce Bible names and places, especially those pesky Old Testament!. And the meaning of Naomi is no one else does though and I 've heard at least four of... Battle to deal with -- or not so it 's as in now-me! Well-Used variant pronunciations by women we tried to make it possible for you how to say in. For English speakers to Swedish and Norwegian pronunciation for the last sentence ( though if ever... Remen with 1 audio pronunciations diverse city and people are very passionately of the Spanish autonomous communities of Catalonia popularity. This in the pronunciation of Naomi is not correct mispronouncing your daughter is accurate... Exactly as it is always good to learn the rest of the atypicality of the fantasy... Nay-Oh-Me '' - Southeastern US here, specifically NC is Ruth 's mother-in-law, making the name more stressed I... May not know how to say Naomi in Spanish Mexico some people are adapting to non-native names all time... Seem quite long but this audio file for name Naomi design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc ; contributions! And being surprised actresses, singers, and by renaming herself, Naomi is girl name! Follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations with foreigners when there two! Adapting to non-native names all the time this in the pronunciation is consistent with the Japanese pronunciation of Rachel remen!