Life is hectic, but I learned a LOT through my long journey as a mother. Asking for maternity leave can be stressful, especially if you are quite new to the team. box-shadow: none !important; That breaks down to at least 26 hours per week. Employees who provide breastmilk to their babies need to take off half as often as those who formula feed their babies. Published with Ghost. Many companies have similar policies for fathers, which allow for paternity leave. That said, always talk to your employer when needing a maternity leave extension to see which terms are most suitable. Still, mothers dont find it enough. With my eldest child now attending morning nursery, my days on maternity leave are punctuated by the school run. 4.Maternity leave extension letter for breastfeeding. It's best to call, email, or visit your doctor's office early to give him time to evaluate your case before drafting the note. Foremilk and hindmilk all you need to know, The truth about top-ups in breastfed babies, How to Treat Engorgement: the Hardest Few Days of Breastfeeding, Thrush while breastfeeding: how to deal with it. Some family issues, such as domestic violence or bereavement, could adversely affect your general health. How you approach your doctor determines whether or not they give you the note. window._wpemojiSettings = {"baseUrl":"https:\/\/s.w.org\/images\/core\/emoji\/11\/72x72\/","ext":".png","svgUrl":"https:\/\/s.w.org\/images\/core\/emoji\/11\/svg\/","svgExt":".svg","source":{"concatemoji":"https:\/\/loveandbreastmilk.com\/wp\/wp-includes\/js\/wp-emoji-release.min.js?ver=4.9.22"}}; This is a kind request regarding my maternity leave extension. PDF. padding: 0 !important; According to PubMed Central, early return to part-time or full-time work is associated with a decreased rate of breastfeeding initiation, duration, and predominance. Provide reasons. DeltaQuest Media Limited. In 2016, the Department of Defense extended maternity leave from 6 to 12 weeks for active duty mothers to support breastfeeding initiation and duration. Originally published March 21, 2018. But most employers will approve leave extension requests for a few days. Use formal and polite language. I am willing to store my breast milk inside a cooler bag in the fridge. Thank you in advance for your consideration. Date your maternity leave began. If you have already taken 12 months of unpaid parental leave, you will not be able to prolong your absence beyond 24 months after your kid is born or placed with a family member or friend, unless you meet certain criteria. You can simply write "I am writing to inform you that I am pregnant, and I would like to take maternity leave.". If you plan to quit, you must provide your employer written notice of four weeks absence before you may do so legally. You dont have to choose between returning to work and your healing process. Maternity leave is a form of leave given to pregnant women to take care of the newborn child or children in the early stages of infancy. A maternity leave extension letter is written by working women who are already on leave but want the leaves to be extended due to some reason. You may suggest telecommuting or work from home as a possible way of fulfilling your responsibilities without physically attending work. Whether you had a vaginal birth or C-section, any woman can have post-delivery complications such as: Some complications need much time to heal, so your doctors note will insist on a maternity leave extension. You may be lucky to get full pay in some cases. body.custom-background { background-color: #ffffff; background-image: url("https://loveandbreastmilk.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Baby-hands.jpg"); background-position: right top; background-size: auto; background-repeat: repeat-y; background-attachment: fixed; }, Love and Breast Milk > Breastfeeding and working > Breastfeeding and Working: a Sample Letter for Employers. Depending on your job type, accrued vacation days and sick leave may be a great option to extend your postpartum leave. Or sign up to talk to one of our advisers to help you through it. In fact . Subject: Application for extension of maternity leave. It could be something like: 'Maternity Leave Request'. Dear Sir, . It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. For example: I know that there is an empty storeroomon the second floor that could easily accommodate me], Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window). Lactation programs are proven to decrease the incidences of babies getting sick by 77%. [31]. ____________ (Signature), Some states offer disability leave if you suffer from pre-birth and prenatal complications. Since your letter will serve as official notice to your employer, it must follow the structure of a business letter. Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content. Pregnancies are often unexpected, and a few mothers seem to experience pregnancy difficulties that force them to take their maternity leave sooner than expected. Copy of confirmation letter of maternity leave approval . Subject line: Keep the subject of your email short and to the point. Baby Rotating Hands On Wrists When To Be Concerned? Whether youre worried about breastfeeding on resuming work or its about an episiotomy that isnt healed, be frank about everything. At present I am not in a physically well position to perform my work, and as per my doctors suggestion it will take another 20 days to recover my health. A female worker may apply for her maternity leave up to 30 days prior to the expected date of delivery. Hello, can you kindly please help me proof reading my leave extension request letter. Maternity leave is a period of time during which a woman takes a break from work after the birth of a child. After listening to your issue, he will act accordingly. 2007;2(1):34-44. Breast milk is not a biologically hazardous fluid; it is classified as a foodstuff by the US FDA, and as such it is no more hazardous than regular cows milk. Passing the experience with the community has now turned into my passion. I humbly urge you to kindly grant me the extension. According to the National Employment Standards, employees in Australia who satisfy the requirements for unpaid parental leave are entitled to 12 months of leave following the birth of a child. The reason behind the same is ________ (Reason health issue/ family issue/ any other). Sub: Request for maternity leave extension. Every country has unique clauses regarding parental leave. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Maternity Leave Extension on Medical Ground or Prescribed by the Doctor Dear Madam, I am Exclusive breastfeeding increased at 2 (56.4% vs 47.2%; P = .007), 4 (47.5% vs 36.4%; P = .001), and 6 (37.3% vs 29.3%; P = .016) months. Short videos showing lactation break time and space success stories from all types of industries that you can show your manager for ideas on how to create a lactation space Delete the brackets afterward. Getting an experienced doctor, being honest about your need for additional days, using a conversational tone, and contacting your healthcare provider in time are some ways of ensuring you get the doctors note. I have been on maternity leave for a month and was about to join by next week. Lactation deficiency is treatable but takes time which a short leave may not provide. How to Add Enthusiasm to Your Cover Letter, How To Address a Lady In a Business Letter. I would most joyfully inform you that I got blessed with baby __________ (boy/ girl) on __/__/____ (Date). I need permission to store the breast milk in the office fridge. Is it possible to come back to work on the 23rd of May?Im looking forward to your feedback.Kind regards,Jennifer, Dear John,Im writing you this email to ask you to extend my maternity leave. There was an error sending the email, please try later. Subject: Application for Maternity Leave. Required fields are marked *, Prove You\'re Human * (If you want to be formal, use the company letterhead). In any case, if you need more leaves, here is how you write a maternity leave extension letter. width: 1em !important; You might not have fully recovered after delivery or the new born might have some health issues you need to look after. Use this template Or sign up to talk to one of our advisers to help you through it. I have been on maternity leave and I wish to request you extend it for another month for baby care.I therefore request you to kindly extend my maternity leave for which I shall be forever grateful to you. Lactation deficiency could result from birth control pills, insufficient sleep, and limited breastfeeding sessions. Expand All What time accommodations do I have to provide nursing employees? You can always change this later down the line if you feel ready to return to the office before your entitlement is over. Learn more about what employers are required to provide. Respected sir/madam,With all due respect and humble submission I wanted to let you know that I work in your reputed organisation. This is an example of a letter that you can give to your employer when discussing the arrangements for breastfeeding and working. Many household names have chosen Farillio for their customers or members so we may be included in a service or product you've already purchased. This means that you can extend your leave by the length of time you initially took off. Do I have enough breast milk? Adding these details helps keep things professional. Some employers have no problem giving additional weeks if you have a good reason. He notes all medical issues youre struggling with, such as postpartum depression, excessive bleeding, or lactation deficiency. By law, you are not required to let your employer know until later on in the pregnancy. Limited data exist regarding the impact of prolonged maternity leave. I will also need to lock it from the inside. These tips below will help you achieve this in your maternity leave letter writing. The following email template can help you inform your manager andHR departmentabout these kinds of situations. Americas Family Medical Leave Act seeks to protect working women from losing jobs once they go to deliver children. (Name of recipient), I am writing to bring to your attention my current sick leave status. Take back more time and money. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Keep the leave extension letter simple and short. Hence here I am requesting you to please extend my maternity leave for another 1 5 days and I will return to my work from 25 Feb 2021. You can add your companys letterhead if you want to be formal. I love cooking, reading, and writing stories from my life. Yours Thankfully, Maternity leave shall be extended for up to an additional six (6) months for health reasons where a doctor 's certificate is presented. If you choose to speak to your boss in person about your upcoming absence, its best to follow that up with a letter or email, just to keep a record of the key dates and information you brought forward. How to request for maternity leave extension, step by step? Make a list of your thoughts and see what happens. Child care is not considered a reason for maternity leave extension. Box 604 4 Korner Street Windhoek, Namibia Tel: +264.61.223.356 Fax: +264.61.234.953 info@lac.org.na Contact: Rachel Coomer 10 REASONS TO EXTEND MATERNITY LEAVE TO 6 MONTHS AFTER BIRTH Note 1. Black Church, St. Marys Place, Dublin 7, Ireland. Share it with your friends so they know how to write a maternity leave letter, too! Paid leave for people who are unable to work due to their own quarantine or symptoms of coronavirus maxes out at $5,110 for two weeks. I need time to express: Two 30 minute breaks per day. 15 days will be half-paid leave. I am not attending the exam valuation for the reason of pregnancy. I have undergone some post delivery complications regarding which I appeal to you to kindly extend maternity leave.I shall be highly thankful for this act of your kindness. (a.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",n,!1),e.addEventListener("load",n,!1)):(e.attachEvent("onload",n),a.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",function(){"complete"===a.readyState&&t.readyCallback()})),(n=t.source||{}).concatemoji?c(n.concatemoji):n.wpemoji&&n.twemoji&&(c(n.twemoji),c(n.wpemoji)))}(window,document,window._wpemojiSettings); /*