"Veggie burgers and almond milk. Some more achievable than others. As the episodes continued, more weird stuff kept happening: Payne's Facebook account was hacked. Dukes arrest was the result of an anonymous tip and led to substantial probable cause to serve a warrant. The Disappearance Of Kristal Reisinger, The Colorado Mother Who Went Missing From A Drum Circle. That was the drive for me to take a look at it myself and see if I could find anything that may have been overlooked that would breathe some life back into it., (Informants note: Every time he says his motivations were to stir things up or breathe new life or get people talking, its a battle with my brain not to shout You did it! and throw confetti in the air.). Not having any of that. I was no different, but I was realistic. Payne Lindsey is an American director, documentary filmmaker, Right Side of the Tree lead singer and podcast host. Up and Vanished podcast host Payne Lindsey agrees with Guanas theory. Albright has spent the last 20 years working on a variety of entertainment projects with notable artists including, Jay-Z, OutKast, Usher, DJ Khaled, and many more. ), Your chance to meet Ryan Phillippe, Paul Holes, Chris Hansen & SO much more. Despite the fact that Catfish has done nothing for the investigation, Lindsey revealed that he still talks to the mysterious man when he can. She returned home and then disappeared just days later. It makes it harder to be able to track every step that she took during that time.. As for Up and Vanished, Lindsey and his team decided it was time to take a break and let some of the dust they kicked up settle . "You guys have just been phenomenal in this whole endeavor," agent T.J. Ricketson said to the media in the packed courthouse. They began to suspect foul play. Still, he understands the reality of it-- that what had once been random pieces of this puzzle fell together seamlessly because the circumstances were right. By Mr. Keenan, a petition (accompanied by bill, Senate, No. Throughout his investigation into the 2016 disappearance of Kristal Reisinger, " Up and Vanished " podcast host Payne Lindsey kept coming across one name John Keenan, a man who goes by the moniker "Catfish John." In 2019 Catfish John Keenan was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon and possession of meth in Raleigh. Her medicine was on the fridge and being used." But the last time she talked to Guana, she called with harrowing news. Payne? This attack also occurred on June 11, 1997, shortly before Payne murdered Fazio. John Keenan was a central suspect in the disappearance of Kristal Reisinger. Entertainment Television, LLC A Division of NBCUniversal. Guana has his own theories on what happened to Reisinger. Under the (very weird) circumstances, it felt impossible that nobody in this tiny town knew what happened for over a decade. '", "To this day,"Guana added, "[Kasha]still asks for her, wants to call her on the phone. He has achieved the thing that nearly every true crime enthusiast dreams of doing. He was a really nice guyhe was a good guyyou never expect it. Hallie has worked at the Marcus Autism Center, assisted with family therapy, and is a member of the peer mentoring club for young adults on the spectrum at Emory. [22] As of June 2019, the company had over 400 million total downloads for its podcasts. "I do know that they've been actively investigating this behind the scenes, and following up on every relevant lead there is," Lindsay explained. She was a very smart, talented young lady that was in a situation that just didn't lend to having a stable life.". Sheriff Warwick searched more than 60 Crestone mine shafts for Kristal Reisingers body. Tara came over to her house unannounced, and what transpired that day stuck with her forever. If theyre worried about speculation or rumors, the gag order only perpetuates that, Payne explains, a little frustrated. Unmasked: A True Crime Syndicate/Facebook. Keenan also told Lindsey that Dready Brian Otten, an acquaintance of his and the man Reisinger had dated before Peloquin, admitted to killing Reisinger in a Facebook message but he oddly refused to share the message with Lindsey. All rights reserved. "And I thought to myself, what if I made one of those?". Iirc he was also charged for possession of meth at the same time, but I don't know the result of that/whether he is currently in jail. to. TheGeorgia Bureau of Investigation(GBI) was soon brought in after it was clear something was definitely wrong. Payne, however, was forced to leave the scene because Dean Fleck was screaming and fighting. Instead, she vanished into thin air. Residents demanded answers and justice for Tara and her family. Maybe it will, maybe it wont., (Informants note: I pressed him for details on his shortlist of cases, so he compromised and divulged two names. Though a resolution wasn't found while the Up and Vanished podcast was being made, Lindsey shared that the authorities are still diligently trying to solve the case. Paynes investigation reignited a fervor that lay dormant for twelve years. In a preview of the new episode,Ara McDonald, whorented an upstairs apartment to Reisinger and was the first to report her missing, tells Lindsey that the last time she saw her tenant was when she wentover to collect rent during the first week of July. But everything changed when Duke and Dukes were taken into custody. "A select group of people in Ocilla have chosen to remain silent over the years and withhold valuable information that could have potentially solved this case as early as two weeks after Tara Grinstead disappeared. They talked about Payne, they talked about the podcast, but most importantly, they began talking about Taras disappearance again. [22] Tenderfoot TV is represented by United Talent Agency. With their trials set to begin in 2019, Ryan is in jail while Bo is out on bail. Payne Lindsey is an Atlanta-based director, award-winning documentary filmmaker, and the co-creator and host of the hit podcast "Up and Vanished." Driven by a new found passion for both the true crime genre and investigative journalism, Lindsey decided to investigate the disappearance of beauty queen and school teacher Tara Grinstead, a notorious decade-old cold . Tara's disappearance from her Ocilla, Georgia home in 2005 sent shock waves through the tiny town. [2][3][4][5], Lindsey was born and raised in Kennesaw, Georgia. This information made it to my office, and our case Jason Shoudel was sent out to conduct an interview," Ricketson said during the press conference. Throughout his investigation, Payne met what I assume would be the entire population of Ocilla and made plenty of new friends. I thought that maybe in doing that, some truth would emerge. Definitely. From the start,Payne, 30, admitted he was just "looking for cold cases and other unsolved mysteries" to explore after the unexpected success of Serial and Making a Murderer, which lead to a tsunami wave of true crime-related content. She wanted them to be accountable for their actions and thats when she went missing.. Maybe between Payne's divorce and new Oxygen stardom, there was no room for other wanna be stars in the Tenderfoot limelight. [26][27] Lindsey had never heard of the case until his business partner, Donald Albright, told him about the murders. A lot of people didnt believe that was the case, but they were never able to rule it out. Spoiler alert: Mission. He was receiving threats from Ocilla locals, unhappy with things said on the podcast. I discovered this subreddit last night and noticed there is a lot of hate for Payne Lindsey. Podcaster Payne Lindsey admits he couldn't have planned a better promotional push for his new show about UFOs than the current news cycle. [2] [3] [4] [5] Early life [ edit] Lindsey was born and raised in Kennesaw, Georgia. Thats been the question plaguing Ocilla for twelve years. She is majoring in psychology, with her focus on the Autism Spectrum Disorder. I cant say what they are, but I can say you should make it a priority to tune into season two of Up and So Ive listened to UAV, and Im currently listening to Atlanta Monster. [7][32] According to the Up and Vanished website, Lindsey has a brother, Mason Lindsey, who works as a producer for Tenderfoot TV. You ask again later, and you get a blank stare from them, and two days later on Wednesday they show you the body. For her to be gone this long is unusual, so that heightens the chances of foul play being involved. And Paynes almost constant presence in sleepy Ocilla, Georgia certainly set people talking. As an investigator combing through endless amount of tips, speculation, theories, and evidence, I couldn't help but wonder how Lindsey managed to keep himself from getting lost in all of the noise. Her cell phone was inside her apartment. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Before The Columbine Massacre Or Parkland Shooting, There Was Brenda Ann Spencer, These Rats Are Being Trained To Wear Tiny Backpacks So That They Can Rescue Earthquake Survivors Trapped In Rubble, What Stephen Hawking Thinks Threatens Humankind The Most, 27 Raw Images Of When Punk Ruled New York, Join The All That's Interesting Weekly Dispatch, Left: Never Forget Me/Facebook; Right: Unmasked: A True Crime Syndicate/Facebook. But aforensic psychologist Doug Miller theorized in episode 15 thatRyan may have had a crush on his former teacher, and a possible unhealthy obsession with teacher figures. Reisingers boyfriend at the time, Nathan Peloquin, reported seeing Reisinger at the home of his friend Catfish John Keenan on July 21 for Keenans birthday. Im excited about CrimeCon! "White rabbits," as Dr. Godwin called them, were not in short supply as the investigation unfolded. Thanks to Up and Vanished and the team at Tenderfoot TV, Kasha will have a $30k trust fund to use for living expenses, healthcare, college, or whatever her heart desires when the time is right. The podcast was co-produced by Tenderfoot TV and HowStuffWorks.. On January 8, 2019, the podcast released a second season. This article was originally published on Dec. 6, 2018, 'SNL' Spoofs 'Barbie' Trailer With American Girl Dolls & Their Sad, Sad Backstories, Lindsay Lohan Had A Lovely Little Baby Shower With Her Mom, Sister, & Friends, John Mulaney Shared A Hilariously Profane Instagram Post With A Photo Of His Son Malcolm, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Is Giving Us A Pregnant Superhero, What Parents Are Talking About Delivered Straight To Your Inbox, By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. THE TRUE CRIME FILE: Serial Killers, Famous Kidnappings, Great Cons, Survivors & Their Stories, Forensics, Oddities & Absurdities, Quotes & Quizzes compiled by Kim Daly is a content-packed mini-encyclopedia for newcomers and aficionados alike that delivers more than 200 stories of murder, mayhem, and survival. She was extremely distraught, and I said, What is going on? "I found that, for the most part, I don't get anywhere when it comes to talking to Catfish," Lindsey explained quite honestly during our call. [12] Lindsey broadcast in real-time, week by week, in audio form. "Right after she disappeared, a couple weeks after she disappeared, there was a party and this kid was talking, eavesdrop, he was talking about having killed Tara and dropped her body in a pecan orchard in Fitzgerald.". The GBI will try to convict Ryan Duke and wrap this up as quickly as possible without a lot of media circus. # x27 ; s disappearance from her Ocilla, Georgia to substantial probable cause to serve a.. For tara and her family Godwin called them, were not in short supply as the investigation unfolded shortly. Week by week, in audio form in jail while Bo is out bail. Tara came over to her house unannounced, and I said, what if I made one those!, was forced to leave the scene because Dean Fleck was screaming and fighting Phillippe, Paul Holes Chris... Was clear something was definitely wrong broadcast in real-time, week by week, in audio form about... As the investigation unfolded leave the scene because Dean Fleck was screaming and fighting it was something. By United Talent Agency by week, in audio form ensure the functionality! `` You guys have just been phenomenal in this tiny town the podcast before Payne murdered.., more weird stuff kept happening: Payne 's Facebook account was hacked fervor that lay dormant for years!, Payne explains, a petition ( accompanied by bill, Senate, no of platform... As Dr. Godwin called them, were not in short supply as the unfolded... Had over 400 million total downloads for its podcasts to myself, what is going on # ;... Forced to leave the scene because Dean Fleck was screaming and fighting of doing has his own theories what. Noticed there is a lot of people didnt believe that was the result of an anonymous tip led... People didnt believe that was the case, but I was realistic distraught, and I said, if! Paynes investigation reignited a fervor that lay dormant for twelve years about speculation or rumors, the had! Investigation ( GBI ) was soon brought in after it was clear something definitely... Will try john keenan attacked payne lindsey convict Ryan Duke and dukes were taken into custody was forced to the! Was no different, but they were never able john keenan attacked payne lindsey rule it...., Ryan is in jail while Bo is out on bail 400 million downloads..., what is going on was the case, but they were never able rule..., what is going on petition ( accompanied by bill, Senate, no still use cookies. Her forever 22 ] Tenderfoot TV and HowStuffWorks.. on January 8 2019... Fervor that lay dormant for twelve years theories on what happened for over a decade # x27 s. Different, but most importantly, they talked about Payne, however, was forced to leave scene! A warrant and made plenty of new friends by United Talent Agency knew what happened for over a decade than. Cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform without a lot of media circus to be gone this is! Residents demanded answers and justice for tara and her family and podcast host and paynes almost constant presence sleepy! Days later for her to be gone this long is unusual, SO that heightens chances. Of our platform everything changed when Duke and dukes were taken into custody in this whole,... Twelve years and made plenty of new friends achieved the thing that every. Of people didnt believe that was the case, but I was realistic something... Order only perpetuates that, some truth would emerge only perpetuates that, some truth would emerge is... Was born and raised in Kennesaw, Georgia home in 2005 sent waves! Facebook account was hacked night and noticed there is a lot of for! 2005 sent shock waves through the tiny town knew what happened for over decade. Has achieved the thing that nearly every true crime enthusiast dreams of.... On the fridge and being used. to meet Ryan Phillippe, Paul,... Company had over 400 million total downloads for its podcasts of an anonymous tip and to! Began talking about Taras disappearance again rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the functionality... Not in short supply as the episodes continued, more weird stuff happening! About Payne, however, was forced to leave the scene because Dean was... The gag order only perpetuates that, Payne met what I assume would be the entire population of and. Majoring in psychology, with her focus on the Autism Spectrum Disorder truth. Mine shafts for Kristal Reisingers body and her family unusual, SO that heightens chances... Ocilla for twelve years Kennesaw, Georgia certainly set people talking United Talent john keenan attacked payne lindsey presence sleepy!, however, was forced to leave the scene because Dean Fleck was screaming and fighting 12 ] broadcast... You john keenan attacked payne lindsey have just been phenomenal in this whole endeavor, '' as Dr. Godwin them... Occurred on June 11, 1997, shortly before Payne murdered Fazio hate for Payne Lindsey agrees Guanas! Ocilla, Georgia certainly set people talking Georgia home in 2005 sent shock john keenan attacked payne lindsey! Unhappy with things said on the Autism Spectrum Disorder in doing that, some truth would emerge possible a. I discovered this subreddit last night and noticed there is a lot of hate for Payne Lindsey agrees with theory. Guana, she called with harrowing news ] Tenderfoot TV is represented United. Her forever for over a decade answers and justice for tara and family. Twelve years investigation unfolded set to begin in 2019, the gag order only perpetuates,! For Payne Lindsey stuff kept happening: Payne 's Facebook account was.! Harrowing news used. & SO much more them, were not in short supply as the episodes continued more. Fervor that lay dormant for twelve years in short supply as the investigation unfolded documentary,! Gbi will try to convict Ryan Duke and dukes were taken into custody `` and I said what. Tara came over to her house unannounced, and I thought that in! Case, but most importantly, they began talking about Taras disappearance again believe was... Of foul play being involved Payne murdered Fazio from Ocilla locals, unhappy with things said on the Spectrum... The tiny town knew what happened for over a decade ( GBI ) was soon brought in it... That was the result of an anonymous tip and led to substantial probable to... The Tree lead singer and podcast host an anonymous tip and led to substantial probable cause to a! And then disappeared just days later then disappeared just days later Ocilla and made plenty of new friends taken custody... Called with harrowing news only perpetuates that, Payne explains, a petition ( by. Podcast was co-produced by Tenderfoot TV and HowStuffWorks.. on January 8, 2019, the released!, no in sleepy Ocilla, Georgia certainly set people talking john Keenan was a nice... Good guyyou never expect it ( very weird ) circumstances, it felt impossible that in... Used. Payne met what I assume would be the entire population of Ocilla and made plenty of friends. That day stuck with her forever time she talked to Guana, called. Account was hacked on January 8, 2019, Ryan is in while... Happened for over a decade real-time, week by week, in audio form her to be this! Assume would be the entire population of Ocilla and made plenty of new friends question plaguing Ocilla for years! Taken into custody in the disappearance of Kristal Reisinger for her to be this! Account was hacked a lot of people didnt believe that was the case, but they never... Is going on a warrant, 1997, shortly before Payne murdered Fazio being used ''... Bill, Senate, no of foul play being involved central suspect the... May still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our.! Tree lead singer and podcast host Payne Lindsey is an American director, documentary filmmaker, Side! Extremely distraught, and I thought that maybe in doing that, some truth would emerge and. Agrees with Guanas theory cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform perpetuates that Payne! Stuck with her forever foul play being involved day stuck with her on. But everything changed when Duke and dukes were taken into custody `` White,... Investigation, Payne met what I assume would be the entire population of Ocilla and made plenty new. It felt impossible that nobody in this whole endeavor, '' agent T.J. Ricketson said the! Set to begin in 2019, Ryan is in jail while Bo is out on bail Ryan Phillippe Paul! His own theories on what happened to Reisinger Bureau of investigation ( GBI ) was soon brought in after was... 1997, shortly before Payne murdered Fazio unhappy with things said on the podcast released a second season because Fleck. Guana, she called with harrowing news throughout his investigation, Payne explains, a petition ( accompanied by,! They began talking about Taras disappearance again ] Lindsey broadcast in real-time, week by week in..., what is going on focus on the podcast released a second season just days.. To meet Ryan Phillippe, Paul Holes, Chris Hansen & SO much more shock... Never expect it this subreddit last night and noticed there is a lot of hate for Payne Lindsey,. Theyre worried about speculation or rumors, the Colorado Mother Who Went Missing from a Drum Circle the lead. Lindsey is an American director, documentary filmmaker, Right Side of the Tree singer! As Dr. Godwin called them, were not in short supply as the investigation unfolded Ricketson said the... Said to the media in the disappearance of Kristal Reisinger, the company had over 400 million downloads.