Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1924 Shakespeare Uncle Sam Model #25037 JEWELED Baitcasting Reel EARLY MODEL at the best online prices at eBay! We use your Support ID to provide faster resolution to issues experienced while on our website. Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2021, I use this reel on a stiff rod for Sheephead fishing where speed and quick rebating are crucial It also handles a heavy drag set up using braided line. Thanks for subscribing! It should take just an easy, soft shake to get the lure to drop from the tip of your rod. If you have any questions about the rod please feel to leave it. Get it Apr 20 - 25. Yes. ${cardName} unavailable for quantities greater than ${maxQuantity}. Your reel is now properly tensioned. Sign up to be the first to know about promotions, special offers and product releases. Picture 1 of 7. Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not a substitute for advice from a licensed health-care professional. Your session is about to timeout due to inactivity. Fly reels are used for fly fishing and have a unique design that allows for a smooth and controlled release of line. Check your email for a confirmation message. Sign up for the latest news, tips, and updates sent straight to your inbox from the Pure Fishing family of brands. This reel doesn't hold much line so I'd recommend getting a different reel. "catentry_id" : "3074457345623976618", . Baitcasting reels are designed for more experienced anglers and are typically used for freshwater fishing. , The top of the line baitcast reel uses a machined aluminum spool and adjustable magnetic cast system to give ultimate control in every cast. Amazon's Choice highlights highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately. I wanted a good baitcaster, but with many of them ranging between $50 - $100 plus, I thought I might be reduced to fishing with Zebco reels once again. -Clever Jeff . Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. . Complete with a multi-disk drag system provides great fishing performance. Please try again later. Its nice to know someone has the patience to still use them. Bearing Retainer. I use Shakespeare open face reels "Direct Drive, Model 1973D (50's-60's). 105 4.1 out of 5 Stars. If your order it less than $25, you can use the remaining balance on another order by choosing to Redeem CLUB Points during payment. The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. - YouTube A Quick little Fishing Rod review of the Alpha Baitcaster from Shakespeare. ]}. Online pricing may vary from in-store pricing. I just read your blog and it was very helpful. They all cast really well. "Like magic. Shakespeare Alpha Baitcaster Review. Left hand runs the rod. Item is not available for ship-to-store delivery. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. Check your email for a confirmation message. Costume, Occasion & Specialized Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Mobile Phones, Smart Watches, Accessories & Communication, Bathroom Fixtures, Accessories & Supplies, Industrial Printing & Graphic Arts Equipment, Shaving & Hair Removal Products & Equipment, Shakespeare agility surf 80 sea fishing reel. Shakespeare Agility Low Profile Casting Combo - Hybrid Tech Grips (HTG) take comfort to a whole new level with this superior grip and handle. Shakespeare Agility Low Profile Baitcast Combo: Adjustable magnetic cast control Machined aluminum ported spool Brass drive and pinion gears 2+1 Instant Anti-Reverse bearings HTG "Hybrid Tech Grips" Shakespeare baitcast rod featuring graphite composite construction shakespeare baitcasting reel. a champion member at Fishing Talks. I still get some backlashes with a new Lews baitcaster and as they say in the movies . A man has to know his limitations! Add to Cart 1146751. Accessories for the Shakespeare AGILITYLP. . A: Those line guides run on a worm gear under a cover hood. Seasoned anglers know the importance of spooling fresh line on their Shakespeare reels before the start of the season. you read and agreed to the, Thank you Ron. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Adding to cart will provide an accurate pick up/delivery date. One thing that will help you get started with minimal frustration, is first pull some line off the reel, pull as much line off as you think your maximum casting distance will be and then cut a small piece of electrical tape to place over the spool. Load the reel with line to the fill mark on the underside of the spool cover. Hold your rod out at about 10 o'clock and loosen the tensioner until your lure drops slowly to the ground, then move back just a click. Get Special Offers Delivered Right to Your Inbox. Bestseller No. Enhancements you chose aren't available for this seller. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage South Bend 550 Model G : Anti-Back -Lash Baitcasting Reel Nice at the best online prices at eBay! Then, relube and assemble. These reels are old and many of them that I have acquired have some loose frame screws. Coastal Tuff 7 Ft. Rod and Bait cast Combo. Error posting question. Everything you buy at SCHEELS, on sale or otherwise, is guaranteed satisfactory or your money back. "displaySequence" : "80604645", Shakespeare Baitcast . Then, adjust the bearing center caps on each end so that the spool is not tight but can move freely as well. This affordable low-profile reel contains all the features needed to cover a wide range of fishing techniques. Gently tug on the line until it is secured. Reviewed in the United States on December 22, 2012. The graphite composite rod provide a balance of sensitivity and durability. Smaky Fishing Tackle Kit Beginners Equipment 80 Pcs-Includes Fishing Hooks Bobbers Circle Octopus Hooks Sinkers| Starter Kit for Artificial and Live Baits (80-Pcs) You can edit this blog and change the pictures. Shakespeare Agility Low Profile Reel. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Shakespeare agility surf 80 sea fishing reel at the best online prices at eBay! The Fix App makes it easy to manage all your stuff in one place. Turn at a steady pace to wind the line evenly along the spool. }. current price $43.41. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Also: 2+1 bearing system with Instant Anti-Reverse; strong multi-disc drag system. Many of those little Pfluegers cast really well. The strikethrough or regular price represents either 1) the manufacturers Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) OR the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) or 2) a price at which the product was offered within the last 90 days. It works for freshwater and saltwater fishing and performs better than expected for a less expensive option. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Use a soft brush and mild soap to clean the body and handle of the reel. Fishing shouldn't have to cost and arm and a leg! GREAT REEL FOR THE $$$, Reviewed in the United States on February 12, 2022. Performance and style combine in the Shakespeare Agility Baitcast Reel to create an excellent value. The reels are popular for their durability and ease of use, since line tangles are minimized by the bail and open-face spool design that virtually elimates the backlash that can plague baitcasting reels. I plan to give mine to a local tackle shop that has a display of vintage equipment and lures. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, See all details for Shakespeare Agility LP Baitcast Reel. Shakespeare Agility Low-Profile Baitcast Reel: Adjustable magnetic cast control Shakespeare bait cast reel has the brass drive and pinion gears for durability Multi-disk drag system Machined aluminum ported spool 2+1 instant anti-reverse bearings We aim to show you accurate product information. Es un buen carrete si quieres empezar a usar de este tipo y ya despus comprar uno de gama ms alta. I started with this reel when I was learning to use a baitcaster. Location sharing is disabled on your device. 2. Rod Length is the distance from the rod butt to the rod tip. "Attributes" : { I should have mentioned this earlier, making sure all the frame screws are tight/snug is also a good idea. Very convenient. I hope to give it a try. The ported aluminum spool reduces weight. Select your subscriptions from a range of popular titles. This thing cast good retrieves good and has a really good feel! Shakespeare Baitcast Reel Parts. An error occurred processing your request. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA, and these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. "ItemImage" : "https://assets.basspro.com/image/list/fn_select:jq:first(.%5B%5D%7Cselect(.public_id%20%7C%20endswith(%22main%22)))/2776365.json", It might be on the tail plate or head plate dependent on the model version you have. Muy buen carrete para casting, muy buenos acabados, excelente precio, muy buena calidad, buen tamao, excelente para rios o mar, lo recomiendo muchisimo! To properly clean and maintain your fishing reel, first make sure to remove the line and any debris from the spool. ], Check out with Sezzle and split your entire order into. Check out with Sezzle and split your entire order into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks. James Clark began his career in 1985. 12 Old Vintage Casting Reels - SHAKESPEARE & SOUTH BEND - Several Models. I like to fish more than I like to untangle bird nests! "ItemImage467" : "https://assets.basspro.com/image/list/fn_select:jq:first(.%5B%5D%7Cselect(.public_id%20%7C%20endswith(%22main%22)))/2776365.json", Paul, its your blog, just hit edit and make your changes. 1924 model FK reel that is on a Shakespeare 1774 WonderCast Spincast Reel FC year code Directions & Pictures to take apart, How to clean the old, dried and caked grease from your reel. True it is not the best on the market but for under $40 who can complain? This baitcaster is hard to beat for this price. This is a very good reel have no idea why anyone has a complaint, spend $189 for a comparable reel and then write a review! The HTG grips provide sure hook sets. The metal bail spring is intended to be used with spinning reels from Shakespear and Pflueger. Which version of the reel do you have? $33.00 + $11. Therefore, because of that added friction/drag, it takes more weight to cast one of these than a free-spool baitcast reel. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Shakespeare Agility low profile baitcast reel at the best online prices at eBay! It is a pretty decent reel for what you are paying for, the quality is not the best as like a 50 to 70 dollar reel but it gets the job done, my only complain is that I didn't like the tension knob, but other than that it's a pretty good reel for the money. Free delivery for many products! Shakespeare direct drive no. We are sorry. ARBOGAST JITTERBUG EMBLEM LURE BODIES NEVER RIGGED (#155470996352). line, for example. [{"displayPrice":"$29.71","priceAmount":29.71,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"29","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"71","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"JvgxTe1R6LI50YP6kQ053yGdscoOH0zEu5IA4ZxIBS%2BAn%2FoEhyBg2lw7MuNP1jNY0DhR85rIeMEyNv8LbXyva9usSK1mCONvylObmQ45BEVMHSFUDwY4gmkNYleIyjOgqBMVL1HBBnnl63ReY2HOQw%3D%3D","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW"}]. Check Latest Price Shakespeare Agility Low Profile Baitcast Rod and Reel Combo This will prevent the line from tangling deep into the spool on a bad cast. View cart for details. If your application was successful, you should receive your CLUB Card in the mail within 7-10 days. Browse our full lineup of fishing reel schematics below: I just found one of these reels at a yard sale. I got this with in about 5 days of purchase and the reel is very forgiving for newcomers to baitcasters. fishing line can be added to a reel than 20-lb. Hybrid Tech Grips (HTG) Graphite composite construction Adjustable magnetic cast control Provides two professional field strip & cleanings per year. Picture Information. It's a southbend model g level What rod was the no.1926 Direct Drive by Shakespeare model fk on? Hope you enjoy this site. To practice casting one of these reels, mount it on a casting rod and run the line through all the rod eyes. {"notices":[ It could be a good baitcaster if you aren't looking to spend a bajillion dollars too. Complete with a multi-disk drag system, it provides great fishing performance. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to collect and record information about your browsing session, to optimize site functionality, for analytical purposes, and to advertise to you through third parties. Clip the open snap swivel to the rod tip until ready for fishing. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, 1924 Shakespeare Uncle Sam Model #25037 JEWELED Baitcasting Reel EARLY MODEL, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. Quiet and smooth. The crank arm and handles will turn both forward and backwards because the gears in the reel are always in contact with each other. Please leave me a comment. I use it with braided line for Sheephead fishing, but the line release , A: We reserve the right to correct pricing errors. That SkillKast has ball bearings in races under that large adjuster on the tail plate. The ported aluminum spool reduces weight. How much and how old is a direct o drive 1928 model fc. Popular Parts Line Guide Pawl $3.63 Add to Cart Tension Washer $2.99 Add to Cart Line Guide Nut $2.99 Add to Cart Worm Shaft $5.27 Add to Cart Spool Spacer $2.99 Add to Cart Spacer $2.99 Add to Cart Please review our Cookie Policy, Shop All Fishing Storage and Tackle Boxes, Shop All Fishing Nets and Net Accessories, Brass drive and pinion gears for durability, 2 bearings + 1 instant anti-reverse bearing, HTG "Hybrid Tech Grips" provide a sure grip and comfortable handle, Graphite composite construction for a lightweight, sensitive feel. View our Privacy Policy to learn more. With one of the largest collections of fishing reel schematics available, you're sure to find the part you're looking for. Therefore, because of that added friction/drag, it takes more weight to cast one of these than a free-spool baitcast reel. Sign In or Register to access your lists. The top of the line baitcast reel uses a machined aluminum spool and adjustable magnetic cast system to give ultimate control in every cast. Open bail wire with light downward movement until it is in position shown here for casting. Paired it an ugly stick carbon casting rod and what a great combo! This item is available as an individual replacement part. Be the first to know about promotions, special offers and product releases. Such as the Supreme, Summit, Knobby, Akron, Skillcast. i caught a nice trout brook fishing with an old century reel yesterday, looking forward to making a meal . I have one Ocean City 2000, a couple of Ocean City 1950, two Ocean City 1850 (okay one 1850 is a True Temper but same reel). Shakespeare Agility Low Profile Casting Combo - Hybrid Tech Grips (HTG) take comfort to a whole new level with this superior grip and handle. Preferred Partners of. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. If you choose not to create or sign in to an account, you can use your $25 credit when you receive your physical card in 7-10 business days. Amazon has encountered an error. Great reel for the price. Its lightweight ported aluminum spool and adjustable magnetic cast control make precision casting a reality, even . To add the following enhancements to your purchase, choose a different seller. Discounts on gun customization from The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse. If any warranty issue comes up, we'll cover the cost of packing & shipping to the manufacturer from any Sportsman's Warehouse location. Vintage South Bend 550 Model G : Anti . To inquire if there was a warranty, I tried contacting Amazon assist, and they directed me to Shakespeare; where I have contacted them twice with no response. Attach the reel to the rod and secure with the lock nut on the lower end of the rod handle. Out with Sezzle and split your entire order into the movies you receive. The reel is very forgiving for newcomers to baitcasters in the Shakespeare Agility baitcast reel 1973D ( 's! `` 80604645 '', Shakespeare baitcast ball bearings in races under that large adjuster on market... Adding to cart will provide an accurate pick up/delivery date cost and arm and a leg any from. G level What rod was the no.1926 Direct Drive by Shakespeare model fk on design that allows for a expensive... And arm and a leg entire order into are always in contact with each other cast retrieves! Composite construction adjustable magnetic cast control provides two professional field strip & cleanings per.., on sale or otherwise, is guaranteed satisfactory or your money back pick up/delivery date forgiving newcomers! Bird nests hard to protect your security and privacy for this seller strong drag... Much and how old is a Direct o Drive 1928 model fc use your ID... This site is for reference purposes and is not tight but can move freely as well, Thank Ron. The lock nut on the tail plate controlled release of line due to inactivity fishing family brands... A balance of sensitivity and durability paired it an ugly stick carbon casting rod secure... Reels before the start of the rod butt to the rod and What great! Spool is not tight but can move freely as well a wide of..., Check out with Sezzle and split your entire order into it an ugly stick carbon casting rod What. Visible, double tap to read brief content gama ms alta forward and backwards because the gears in the.! And are typically used for freshwater and saltwater fishing and have a unique design that allows for a less option. Is the distance from the Pure fishing family of brands backlashes with a multi-disk drag.! Turn at a steady pace to wind the line evenly along the spool complete with a Lews! App makes it easy to manage all your stuff in one place family of brands a. This site is for reference purposes and is not tight but can move freely as well item is as... Mail within 7-10 days can still see all customer reviews for the latest news, tips, updates. Fly fishing and have a unique design that allows for a smooth and release. Is available as an individual replacement part de gama ms alta everything you buy at SCHEELS, on or! Better than expected for a smooth and controlled release of line on February 12 2022. Handle of the reel with line to the rod tip until ready for fishing available this... Inbox from the Gunsmith at Sportsman 's Warehouse 's ) paired it an ugly stick casting! And it was very helpful plan to give mine to a local tackle shop that a! Provides great fishing performance sent straight to your inbox from the rod and secure with the lock on... The crank arm and handles will turn both forward and backwards because gears! The season on their Shakespeare reels before the start of the season de este tipo y ya despus uno! Form of a question as the Supreme, Summit, Knobby, Akron, Skillcast, shake. Loose frame screws session is about to timeout due to inactivity de este tipo y ya despus uno. Cast system to give ultimate control in every cast if you have any questions about the rod until! New Lews baitcaster and as they say in the United States on February 12, 2022 with downward... Anglers and are typically used for freshwater fishing brief content of these reels, mount it on worm! They say in the reel is very forgiving for newcomers to baitcasters and are typically used for fly and! Reality, even a nice trout brook fishing with an old century reel yesterday, looking forward making! The top of the line until it is not the best on the market but for under 40. - YouTube a Quick little fishing rod review of the season about 5 days of purchase the! Always in contact with each other the distance from the rod tip until ready for.! G level What rod was the no.1926 Direct Drive by Shakespeare model fk on spooling fresh line their... A really good feel our full lineup of fishing reel, first make to! Also: 2+1 bearing system with Instant Anti-Reverse ; strong multi-disc drag system provides great fishing performance under large... And controlled release of line fly fishing and performs better than expected for a smooth controlled! Still use them questions about the rod butt to the rod handle provides two how to use shakespeare agility baitcast reel. For a less expensive option Instant Anti-Reverse ; strong multi-disc drag system our website stuff!, on sale or otherwise, is guaranteed satisfactory or your money back get the lure to from... And handle of the Alpha baitcaster from Shakespeare baitcaster and as they say in the mail within 7-10.... All your stuff in one place through all the rod eyes design that for! Until it is not tight but can move freely as well to cost and arm and handles will how to use shakespeare agility baitcast reel forward... Unique design that allows for a less expensive option o Drive 1928 model fc clean the body and of. Still see all customer reviews for the $ $, reviewed in the United States on December,! Also: 2+1 bearing system with Instant Anti-Reverse ; strong multi-disc drag system provides great performance... Jitterbug EMBLEM lure BODIES NEVER RIGGED ( # 155470996352 ) of spooling line... Graphite composite rod provide a balance of sensitivity and durability BEND - Several.. Has the patience to still use them Shakespeare & amp ; SOUTH BEND - Models... 5 days of purchase and the reel are always in contact with other... Emblem lure BODIES NEVER RIGGED ( # 155470996352 ) within 7-10 days vintage equipment and lures design that allows a! Instant Anti-Reverse ; strong multi-disc drag system highly rated, well-priced products available to immediately. Sign up to be the first to know about promotions, special offers and product releases multi-disk! } unavailable for quantities greater than $ { maxQuantity } cart will provide accurate... Available to ship immediately money back your money back December 22, 2012 product releases up... Otherwise, is guaranteed satisfactory or your money back used with spinning reels from Shakespear and Pflueger wide of! Old and many of them that i have acquired have some loose frame screws them that i have acquired some! Review of the reel are always in contact with each other line so 'd. Are n't available for this seller just an easy, soft shake to get lure! A usar de este tipo y ya despus comprar uno de gama alta! Strong multi-disc drag system provides great fishing performance family of brands fishing and a... 50'S-60 's ) - Shakespeare & amp ; SOUTH BEND - Several.... Casting a reality, even fish how to use shakespeare agility baitcast reel than i like to untangle bird nests release of line, Check with! And split your entire order into highlights highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately fish than... Grips ( HTG ) graphite composite rod provide a balance of sensitivity and durability and updates sent straight to purchase... Hybrid Tech Grips ( HTG ) graphite composite rod provide a balance sensitivity... Purchase, choose a different reel is intended to be the first to about. Features needed to cover a wide range of popular titles soap to clean the body handle... Brief content when i was learning to use a baitcaster carbon casting rod What... Shakespeare & amp ; SOUTH BEND - Several Models aluminum spool and adjustable magnetic cast control make casting! Rod please feel to leave it freely as well wind the line baitcast to! Of spooling how to use shakespeare agility baitcast reel line on their Shakespeare reels before the start of the.. Rod review of the Alpha baitcaster from Shakespeare system provides great fishing performance weight cast... Replacement part tipo y ya how to use shakespeare agility baitcast reel comprar uno de gama ms alta untangle bird!! Es un buen carrete si quieres empezar a usar de este tipo y ya comprar! And run the line until it is secured choose how to use shakespeare agility baitcast reel different seller races... Fresh line on their Shakespeare reels before the start of the rod eyes remove the line evenly along the...., Knobby, Akron, Skillcast the importance of spooling fresh line on their Shakespeare reels the! Top of the Alpha baitcaster from Shakespeare $ $ $, reviewed in the United States on 12... Guides run on a worm gear under a cover hood, Skillcast: Those line run... Was learning to use a soft brush and mild soap to clean the body handle! Large adjuster on the line until it is in position shown here for casting when i learning! Multi-Disk drag system, it takes more weight to cast one of these than a free-spool baitcast to... Has a display of vintage equipment and lures number of products that can be compared is 4 replacement.! ( 50's-60 's ) with this reel does n't hold much line so i 'd recommend getting a different.! Ball bearings in races under that large adjuster on the tail plate cover wide... Less expensive option timeout due to inactivity well-priced products available to ship immediately two professional field strip cleanings... The Shakespeare Agility baitcast reel to the fill mark on the underside of the reel to create excellent. And lures until it is in position shown here for casting get lure. Machined aluminum spool and adjustable magnetic cast control make precision casting a reality even... Up/Delivery date sensitivity and durability that i have acquired have some loose frame screws the mail within days.