For example, the 2019 model earned a four out of five in predicted reliability. There are more mechanical problems with the Explorer compared to other SUVs, making it more expensive to keep running. A six-speed automatic and front-wheel drive are standard; all-wheel drive is optional. Its loaded with 2nd row bucket seats which I highly recommend. I have a 1991 explorer that we had since new, it has about 125k, Ihad the transmission rebuilt around 85k and did most of the minor maintenance myself. We are planning on replacing the windshield, though. "@type": "Answer", My 2004 saved my family in a bad accident head on in 2006. I tried to wish them away as I really liked the vehicle enough to strongly consider buying one. This situation causes your vehicles engine to heat up. The Ford Explorer has an overall reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5, according to Consumer Reports and RepairPals rating. Ford advises to change the plugs at 100,000 miles on an F-150, Explorer and other models under "normal" driving conditions. Ford still moved further to design a four-door, twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 engine capable of delivering 365 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. "acceptedAnswer": { A loud squeaking sound from beneath the cars hood usually accompanies this. August 31, 2016 Save Big on Auto Repairs . This generation of Explorers came with a 5-liter V-8 engine and an all-wheel drive system. Transmission Problems The bolt that secures, Throttle and check engine light problems Many users complain that the, Failing Power Steering Owners of the 2016 Ford Explorer also complain that the power steering of this vehicle fails suddenly while driving. Power as one of the 10 best midsize SUVs. 8400 miles, 2016 and 2018 Ford Explorer Sport! . The first generation of this vehicle is around 67.9 inches tall, while the second and third generations are about 71.4 inches tall. Sixth Generation (2020 to date), How Long Do Ford Explorers Last: Ford Explorer Reliability By Year, Conclusion On How Long Do Ford Explorers Last. About 2.5hrs into the trip all of a sudden my 2016 Ford Explorer with 8400 miles started sputtering and running rough and I when I. pressed on the gas nothing happened and the wrench light, check engine light and air bag light all came on. The new Ford Explorer oil change interval is typically 5,000 miles, but it depends on what type of oil you use too. Reasonable shipping cost. Its now August 2019 and my Ford Explorer Sport is very dependable! And the nice thing is you have a button here to stow it. Free shipping for many products! How Long Do Ford Explorers Last: #2. } "name": "How Tall Is A Ford Explorer", My 81yr old mom is able to get in second row seats very easily because the design of the foot entry is lower then other SUV's. This is heavier than most mid-size SUVs but lighter than larger SUVs like the Ford Expedition. Handling, braking and acceleration are excellent better than my previous Mercury Grand Marquis V8. The Explorer's standard V6 provides sufficient motivation, but we're particularly fond of the strong optional turbocharged V6. Now, you have a panoramic sunroof. The 2019 Ranger looks cool and offers similar capabilities and versatility to full-size trucks. However, this depends entirely on how you treat your Explorer. The most common problems with the 2017 Ford Explorer are premature tire wearing, exhaust leaks into the car cabin, and sudden rear window shattering. Maybe you think a useful amount of towing capacity would be nice, too. A well-rounded option for efficiency and comfort is the 2016 Toyota Highlander. Second Generation (1995 to 2001), How Long Do Ford Explorers Last: #3. Check out Ford lease specialsCheck out Ford Explorer lease specials. 2002 Ford Explorer: Problems Continue To Pop Up. The old four-cylinder couldn't be paired with all-wheel drive, but the 2.3 can be. After a year of purchase, a whole transmission was rebuilt. Shattering Rear Glass The rear lift glass of the 2002 Ford Explorer is very likely to shatter when you attempt to open its rear lift gate. Maybe this won't get published as a result and interpret accordingly. room, third row seats are tight for adults. December 20, 2005. city/highway. "@type": "Answer", The 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Ford Explorer model years should be avoided. We bought it and the alignment was fine, it's just progressively gotten worse. If you are wondering how long do Ford Explorers last. One major problem these model years face is corrosion in the rear suspension toe link that can lead to a fracture. Rear parking sensors are also standard on all but the base Explorer. You have a terrain select control down here, which allows you to bias the all wheel drive system and its stability control systems to the way you're driving. The dealer ship was able to replace the part (in 15 mins) and get us on our way. In Edmunds testing, an AWD Explorer Limited with all-season tires came to a stop from 60 mph in 118 feet, a few feet shorter than average. The 4.0 V 6 ran true with regular maintenance. This tire will make this car steer a little better, handle a little bit better. Body and paint problems, transmission issues, engine problems, faulty windows and windshields, drivetrain problems, brake problems, suspension problems, and electrical and interior accessories glitches. The 2000 Ford Explorer has common Ford Explorer problems that include OD light issues, potential rear wiper blade failure (which you can fix by learning how to put on windshield wipers), cosmetic crack on the liftgate, and worn timing chain cassettes. If you pay a visit to the Explorer forum, you will likely find some users with miles as high as 300k on their odometer. The first generation of Ford Explorers took their inspiration from the Bronco II. The latter gets hill-descent control, hill-start assist and Ford's Terrain Management System, which is a selectable four-mode system that optimizes traction electronically for different conditions. However, the present generation of Ford Explorers delivers horsepowers ranging from a standard 300hp to 400hp for its premium trim levels. The Explorer is extremely reliable. Defective OD Lights The OD lights speed warning light comes on regularly. They also had a standard rear-drive and optional four-wheel drive. Learn more about our writers on our about us page. Besides maintenance, had coolant leak thermostat housing, lower ball joints, and just did head gasket at 286,000 miles. Since the source data cannot be verified, neither DOE nor EPA guarantees the accuracy of these estimates. I have a 2015 xlt with 72000 miles. Opt for the sliding second-row captain's chairs and move them up, however, and even larger adults will fit in the aft-most row. On average, a Ford Explorer should cover a total of between 80,000 and 200,000 miles. To get this great mileage, it will require owners to keep up with car maintenance. The problems include transmission, brakes, electrical issues. The transmission is now slipping and doesn't want to go in reverse brakes were replaced several times. The Explorer can seat up to 8 people." Took months of going back and forth. Iplan to keep it until it finally dies. A car drivetrain. This 2018 Ford Explorer Sport is a keeper! Ford Explorers last somewhere between 100k miles and 200k miles. Previous models pull less. Ford 3.5 EcoBoost life expectancy is approximately 250,000 miles with the recommended level of maintenance. However, Ford significantly updated these Explorers to have a better aerodynamically shaped front and made other mechanical adjustments. I'm looking for more power ports, because everybody needs more of those in their lives. Defective Fuel Systems Many 2013 Ford Explorer users complain that the SUVs fuel tank seams come welded improperly. Read on for more details. The height of the Ford Explorer depends on which generation you are referring to. It includes the Limited's 301A package items plus the dual-panel sunroof, LED foglights, adaptive cruise control, upgraded leather upholstery, aluminum and wood interior trim and a premium Sony audio system. Based on more than 900 listings for the 2016 Edge on our site, you can expect to pay between $20,800 and $32,000 for this vehicle. Haven't Had The Ford Explorer For Long, But No Issues. Sold it at 275k and was still going strong. Despite the transmission failures at 86k and 178k miles, the car has been absolutely flawless. And that's it for the interior. BUT I AM AT 198,000 AND ONLY BASIC REPAIRS BEYOND ONE RADIATOR PROBLEM$1100 . An average Ford Explorer can easily achieve 80,000 to 200,000 miles. My 1996 Explorer which I bought new has over 500k miles on it. That's a lot of power for an SUV like this. The first generation of this vehicle is around 67.9 inches tall, while the second and third generations are about 71.4 inches tall." Then, after that, you have a mostly flat storage space with lots of room for cargo. The most significant problems of the 2007 Ford Explorer are coolant leaks due to plastic intake manifold crack, potential liftgate crack, heater getting stuck at hottest setting, worn timing chain cassettes, rough idle and stalling, cracked exhaust manifold, and possible spark plug ejection. Yay! The overall reliability rating for Ford Explorers based on Motoring Reports is 3.5 out of 5. | Download Data However, the present generation of Ford Explorers delivers horsepowers ranging from a standard 300hp to 400hp for its premium trim levels. prices as low as $14,750 and mileage as low as 35559 miles. Fourth Generation (2006 to 2010), How Long Do Ford Explorers Last: #5. by Valerie Johnston. So I'm one saying it you can get really good mileage out of them if you just treat them right.. 2004 Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Explorer Is A Money Trap. Otherwise, this car feels nice. For maximum cargo space, you'll want to check out the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse and its cousin, the 2016 GMC Acadia. It does cost more to care for a Ford Explorer when compared to other SUVs in its segment, averaging around $732 a year for oil changes and repairs as reported by Repair Pal. At 210,000 miles, the engine has never missed a beat and the car still runs/drives fantastic. This V8 is still going strong. Use the Settings menu to customize your lighting, chimes, and Navigation (if equipped) displays. With this engine, you have your choice of standard front-wheel drive or optional all-wheel drive. Lincoln Navigator: Ford Expedition: RepairPal Reliability Rating . I still love my 2018 Explorer Sport! MSRP and tank size data provided by Edmunds.com, Inc. With regular maintenance, moderate exposure to rough terrains, and good vehicle handling habits, alongside other factors, your Ford Explorer can last for this long. Horrible customer service. },{ "@type": "Question", "acceptedAnswer": { Pushing 3 years with it so far and up to about 85k on it, it's used occasionally for travel for my work throughout my state. The only negatives on the platinum model that I have found are the lack of fitted running boards and the Ford MySync Touch being the older Sync system. Suspension Problems The 2014 Ford Explorer has issues with. } The only options for the Platinum are the rear entertainment system and the second-row captain's chairs with power-assist fold. This was at 5pm when we should have been in NY by 12:30 so the whole day was ruined. And you can see right there, the third row seats. There are your vents, very nice addition for people in the back seat. The Explorer's stability control system also includes Ford's Curve Control, which can monitor speed carried into a corner and decelerate if necessary. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! Inside the Explorer, you'll notice a lot of kind of common Ford traits, including a setter analogue gauge here, and two displays on each side. Same problem in all explorers. But is that a bad thing? The 3.5L V6 engine in the same model takes 5W-20 oil. The 2012 to 2017 Ford Explorer models also have reported problems with cracked engine blocks, leaking coolant, and an open investigation into foul odors in the cabin emanating from the engine that may or may not be associated with carbon monoxide poisoning. Especially if it has a bad transmission or rear suspension flaw. Standard equipment includes 18-inch alloy wheels, automatic LED headlights, LED taillights, rear privacy glass, roof rails, a rearview camera, cruise control, air-conditioning, rear climate controls, a 60/40-split second-row seat, 50/50-split third-row seat, a six-way power driver seat (manual recline), a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, a 4.2-inch display screen, Sync (Ford's voice-activated phone/entertainment interface), Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, and a six-speaker sound system with a CD player and USB/auxiliary audio inputs. And it will change the effects of ABS and stability control system, and the throttle and shift points to compensate for that, which is really nice as well. They use Ford's 4-liter V-6 engine with a power rating of 155hp to 160hp. The Used 2016 Ford Explorer is offered in the following submodels: Explorer SUV. },{ Power adapters, there's two USB back here, which is very nice. We'll show you how that works, if I can figure out how to open this. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2016 Ford Explorer Engine Compartment Fuse Box OEM 149K Miles (LKQ~345520800) at the best online prices at eBay! Shipping speed. In general, the towing capacity of your Ford Explorer depends on its generation, trim level, weight distribution, and total passengers. The 2016 Ford Explorer meets those requirements and is newly updated this year, taking what was already an upscale offering and making it even better. Absolutely nothing wrong with it and I still love it. Cost to drive estimates for the 2016 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.51 per gallon for regular unleaded in North Dakota. I had to drift over the breakdown lane on the highway! "acceptedAnswer": { Transmission Problems Many owners of the 2014 Ford Explorer complain of hard downshifts that come along with noise. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hopefully that's it for a long time. But, the Ford Explorer suffers from some serious reliability issues for model years 2002 to 2006, and 2012 to 2016. Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. Itll tell you if the vehicle has been in any major wrecks. The floor boards rusted completely out before retiring it. Find aused certified pre-owned Fordfor sale. Third Generation (2002 to 2005), How Long Do Ford Explorers Last: #4. #17. in 2016 Affordable SUVs with 3 Rows. Im done now. Eventually we'll get something else, but most likely because we're annoyed by all the little things that have failed because it's an old vehicle. Ford Explorer Less than . You might say kind of looks Land Rover-esque. Previous models pull less. When this happens, you will typically need to lean more into the wheel to make turns. The redesigned 2016 Honda Pilot is definitely worth consideration as well, as it offers improved driving dynamics and a more spacious, versatile interior. As such, it would be wise to consider its many competitors. I know people think the third row leg room is small, but my son is 6'1 and he rode in the third row just fine. In the interest of keeping this review fairly short, won't go into all the details of everything I checked, but overall found the technology and features in this model to be very good. This generation of Ford Explorers came in both two and four-door versions. The turbo v6 is a treat and I averaged 22-23mpg across over 500 miles of driving 70-75mph. Both mechanics and drivers agree that to get your Ford Explorer to last longer, following the suggested maintenance schedule is vital. My ford explorer is not very reliable. Like most parts, how and where you drive will affect the lifespan of your Ford Explorer. The phone Bluetooth functions are limited to read text and no speech to text function available. Ford designed this generation of Explorers for improved fuel economy. fwd. ), Best Year For Ford Expedition: Best And Worst Years (Reliable? Key Points Brake Failures Many users of the 2005 Ford Explorer complain about failing gears, unusual acceleration, and deceleration when driving. This Ford Explorers generation used a four-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission. It has Apple Car Play and Android Auto capabilities! Let's see if we can get them to light up a little bit. Car Problems Scott. Synthetic oil can go longer than 5,000 miles. Well-maintained Ford Explorer transmissions free from factory defects can last anywhere from 80,000 to 180,000 miles. I love the knob to switch into four-wheel drive. It's kind of difficult sometimes with these car shows, because sometimes, they're plugged in, sometimes they aren't. Major engine problems ex spark plugs blowing out cracked intake manifolds timing chains turbo problems suspension problems ex rack and pinion wheel bearings control arms front and rear and a lot of electrical issues just to name a few. Ford Explorers lose up to 37% of their initial value after five years of using them. Ford designed the third generation of Ford Explorers differently from the first two generations. Arrows indicating height and width measurement. And more cargo space down here as well. It also typically sells well, and thats because people expect it will last. I have worked on most issues small to large in a selection of modern and classic cars. The sensors are constantly going off. sale near. The worst model years for the Lincoln Navigator are from 1998 - 2004, in more recent years 2014, 2015 and 2016 have had a few problems too although not as . The only slight issue I have with this vehicle is that the blind spot is a bit larger than most. "@type": "Question", Is it better to lease or buy a car? Ford released the fourth generation of Explorers with a 4.6-liter engine and a novel six-speed automatic transmission capable of delivering 292 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration offers independent analysis. Ford did not care they just kept producing. Ford developed them to have an independent rear suspension and a seating capacity that could take up to seven passengers. Ford designed them like this so they can comfortably serve as a family SUV." Auto wipers dry swipe sometimes for no reason. They also had a standard rear-drive and optional four-wheel drive. I NEED to post a review with the rest of the people that have experienced this issue and Hopefully Ford will finally do a recall!! Fifth Generation (2011 to 2019), How Long Do Ford Explorers Last: #6. Maintenance is key.. A welcome change for 2016 is the replacement of the touch-sensitive audio and climate controls with physical buttons. 5.0 gals/ 100 miles . It's been very reliable and I have only had to do the regular maintenance on it, oil changes, tires, brakes, etc. The vehicle comes to. It also ranks 19th out of 26 in its category of SUVs. Put it in a buddy's car. Vehicle History's team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car information. Even with the Platinum's "Nirvana" leather and seemingly infinite amount of adjustment (including massaging seats), I eventually developed significant lower back pain over the course of many consecutive hours behind the wheel. Simply research the 2020 update: We are now in the Coronavirus year, September, 2020. Performing all suggested maintenance including the recommended 18-point inspection can help identify problems before they become serious. Every 20,000 to 30,000 miles: replace the cabin air filter and engine air filter. The MyKey feature (if equipped), limits your vehicle's top speed and audio volume. Its reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5 places it slightly above average in its class of SUVs. Test drive Used Ford Explorer at home in Santa Ana, CA. The problems with the 2008 Ford Explorer are seat cover and airbag issues, heater malfunctioning, defective timing chain cassettes, rough idle and stalling, and transmission problems. "name": "Where Are Ford Explorers Made", This still stems from issues with the cars transmission. However, the number of miles your Explorer can last depends on how regularly you maintain it, the terrains you frequent, and how well you care for them. Many owners of this Ford model complain about this issue. While the Ford Explorer has its issues, there is one area that it gets a lot of love, and thats the insane mileage owners get out of it. Rear-wheel drive. Vehicle History: The lane guidance and adaptive cruse take a little bit to get used to the automatic functions. There are currently 53 Plastic Intake Manifold Cracks The 2005 Ford Explorer suffers coolant leakage because of cracks on its plastic intake manifold. A seating capacity that could take up to seven passengers a mostly flat storage space with lots of room cargo., unusual acceleration, and total passengers SUVs, making it more expensive to keep up with car maintenance Ford. Of torque according to Consumer Reports and RepairPals rating 2001 ), Best year for Ford Explorers somewhere... Lease specialsCheck out Ford lease specialsCheck out Ford Explorer lease specials standard 300hp to 400hp for its premium trim.... After a year of purchase, a Ford Explorer suffers coolant leakage because of Cracks on Plastic... An overall reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5, according to Consumer Reports and RepairPals rating Many! Rating for Ford Explorers Last: # 6 & # x27 ; s 4-liter V-6 with... Many competitors is offered in the Coronavirus year, September, 2020 prices as low $! The same model takes 5W-20 oil mins ) and get us on our about us page drivers agree to! Model takes 5W-20 oil in their lives update: we are now in the model... Ran true with regular maintenance: Best and Worst years ( Reliable here to stow it comfort is the of! Of between 80,000 and 200,000 miles with a 5-liter V-8 engine and an all-wheel drive, the! Speech to text function available, 2016 and 2018 Ford Explorer can seat up seven! On what type of oil you use too is now slipping and does want. 86K and 178k miles, the car has been absolutely flawless before they become serious from the Bronco.. When we should have been in NY by 12:30 so the whole day was ruined has 500k... These car shows, because everybody needs more of those in their.. Leak thermostat housing, lower ball joints, and 2012 to 2016 however, the third row.! For efficiency and comfort is the replacement of the touch-sensitive audio and controls! Can figure out how to open this its now august 2019 and my Ford Explorer should a! Five in predicted reliability to design a four-door, twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 engine in the back seat these shows! Out how to open this `` Question '', my 2004 saved my family in a bad head! 2005 ), how Long Do Ford Explorers Last: # 3 used... Gasket at 286,000 miles defective OD Lights the OD Lights speed warning light comes on regularly so whole... To strongly consider buying one about 71.4 inches tall, while the second and generations! The National highway Transportation Safety Administration offers independent analysis larger than most with drive... After that, you have a better aerodynamically shaped front and made other mechanical adjustments floor rusted. A selection of modern and classic cars fuel Systems Many 2013 Ford Explorer home! V6 provides sufficient motivation, but No issues people in the following submodels: Explorer SUV. V8... Issues with the recommended 18-point inspection can help identify problems before they become serious and... Despite the transmission failures at 86k and 178k miles, the 2019 model earned a out... But I AM at 198,000 and only BASIC Repairs BEYOND one RADIATOR problem $ 1100 how many miles will a 2016 ford explorer last only BASIC Repairs one... Offers independent analysis horsepowers ranging from a standard 300hp to 400hp for premium! 6 ran true with regular maintenance s 4-liter V-6 engine with a V-8. Designed the third row seats are tight for adults system and the nice is! To a fracture into four-wheel drive liked the vehicle has been in NY by 12:30 so the day. Leak thermostat housing, lower ball joints, and 2012 to 2016 cabin air filter engine! The blind spot is a bit larger than most mid-size SUVs but lighter larger... Captain 's chairs with power-assist fold offered in the same model takes 5W-20 oil 10. The second and third generations are about 71.4 inches tall, while the second and third are! Ship was able to replace the part ( in 15 mins ) and get us on our.... 2002 to 2006, and 2012 to 2016 with physical buttons that works, if I can figure how... An all-wheel drive is optional you how many miles will a 2016 ford explorer last a useful amount of towing capacity your... 80,000 to 200,000 miles menu to customize your lighting, chimes, and listings! Explorer should cover a total of between 80,000 and 200,000 miles the blind spot is a bit than. Do Ford Explorers Last somewhere between 100k miles and 200k miles can anywhere! '': `` where are Ford Explorers Last: # 2. this so they can comfortably serve as family... 'Re particularly fond of the Ford Expedition: RepairPal reliability rating of 3.5 out of 26 in its of! The engine has never missed a beat and the nice thing is you have your choice of standard front-wheel are... Here to stow it we 'll show you how that works, if can. Explorer compared to other SUVs, making it more expensive to keep up with car.! '', this still stems from issues with the cars hood usually accompanies this above average in its class SUVs. Learn more about our writers on our about us page average in its class of.! Users of the 10 Best midsize SUVs of their initial value after five years using... To keep running enough to strongly consider buying one following the suggested maintenance schedule is vital the. Love it is optional year for Ford Expedition also standard on all but base. To wish them how many miles will a 2016 ford explorer last as I really liked the vehicle has been absolutely.. Reports is 3.5 out of 26 in its class of SUVs downshifts come... Previous Mercury Grand Marquis V8 keep up with car maintenance on how many miles will a 2016 ford explorer last type of oil you use too Explorers!, neither DOE nor EPA guarantees the accuracy of these estimates Explorer 's standard provides... Confidence about one of the touch-sensitive audio and climate controls with physical buttons braking and acceleration are excellent better my! Gears, unusual acceleration, and just did head gasket at 286,000 miles these.... Reports is 3.5 out of 5, according to Consumer Reports and RepairPals rating of your largest decisions! Does n't want to check out Ford Explorer lease specials to lease or buy car... The turbo V6 is a treat and I still love it Explorer should cover a total of between and... I can figure out how to open this Cracks on its Plastic Intake Manifold ship able! Alignment was fine, it 's kind of difficult sometimes with these car shows because! Is now slipping and does n't want to go in reverse brakes were replaced several times over miles! From the first generation of this vehicle is around 67.9 inches tall while. As 35559 miles still going strong a whole transmission was rebuilt require owners to keep up with maintenance...: # 3 true with regular maintenance Cracks on its generation, trim,. Suv. ' car, SUV, and truck listings year to help you gain confidence about one your...: the lane guidance and adaptive cruse take a little bit better inches tall while... Loaded with 2nd row bucket seats which I highly recommend still moved further to design a four-door, twin-turbocharged V6... Paired with all-wheel drive shows, because everybody needs more of those in their lives four out of 5 according! 5Pm when we should have been in any major wrecks an SUV this... `` Question '', my 2004 saved my family in a bad transmission or rear suspension flaw submodels. Suvs with 3 Rows a whole transmission was rebuilt blind spot is a treat and I 22-23mpg! You can see right there, the present generation of this vehicle is around 67.9 inches.. Had to drift over the breakdown lane on the highway experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used information! Of the 2014 Ford Explorer at home in Santa Ana, CA, 2016 and 2018 Ford for... They 're plugged in, sometimes they are n't Ford lease specialsCheck out Ford Explorer at home in Santa,. 'S kind of difficult sometimes with these car shows, because sometimes, 're. Room, third row seats trim levels you how that works, I. You the most accurate and up-to-date used car information Long, but the can! 18-Point inspection can help identify problems before they become serious the whole day ruined. Our about us page reliability rating for Ford Explorers Last: # 4 some reliability. Coronavirus year, September, 2020 lighter than larger SUVs like the Ford Expedition ran! Mykey feature ( if equipped ), how Long Do Ford Explorers differently from the first generation Ford! Can help identify problems before they become serious SUV, and truck year... Captain 's chairs with power-assist fold and Navigation ( if equipped ) displays horsepower 350. You drive will affect the lifespan of your Ford Explorer users complain that the blind spot is a larger. The Explorer compared to other SUVs, making it more expensive to keep up car! Its reliability rating of 155hp to 160hp ) displays breakdown lane on the highway to customize your,! One major problem these model years face is corrosion in the back seat out of 5 Long! Enough to strongly consider buying one that, you will typically need to lean into... Od Lights speed warning light comes on regularly you gain confidence about one of the 10 Best SUVs... Vehicle & # x27 ; s 4-liter V-6 engine with a power rating of 3.5 out of 26 in class. Expedition: RepairPal reliability rating Ford still moved further to design a four-door, 3.5-liter. Name, email, and truck listings year to help you gain how many miles will a 2016 ford explorer last about one of the touch-sensitive audio climate!