- +38 099 938 31 09 . If you have the type of dial with no selector slot, you will have to get to that side of the movement from the back and see if there is an arm sticking out of the side of the movement that you can raise or lower. Please see the attached picture as a reference. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members . If the clock does not run through the chime sequence it will not get to where it strikes out the hours. It was designed to NOT play on the half hour. I have a Howard Miller grandfather clock model # 610-311Movement # 354135F. Release the click from its ratchet with a small screwdriver and lift it up some. I have a Keninger 78K 116cm. What are the movement numbers off of the back plate of the movement itself please. The weight on the right powers the clock, the weight on the middle drives the pendulum, the weight on the left controls the striking mechanism. Do not know anyone out that way, however we can help from here it is what we do. Yes on rods, There was a crown Just above the #. If so, this maybe set not to strike the hours. Originally, grandfather clocks were designed with one weight or two weights, and with further development, a third weight was added. However, unfortunately the clock only came with one weight (and its pendulum) so although it keeps time really well it doesnt chime as we dont have a second weight. The chains are used to support the decorative weight shells, and have been secured for shipment in a bag and are located directly under the quartz movement. Due to this, these grandfather clocks are less expensive. Grandfather Clock Door Key for Howard Miller, Ridgeway, Sligh, Emporer, Pearl, Seth Thomas, and Trend Visit the ABA Store 950 ratings $919 Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns Color: Original Version See more About this item This key fits 95% of modern grandfather clocks U.S.A. Made See more product details NOW WHAT?? Grateful if you can help. The accuracy and accessibility of the resulting translation is not guaranteed. You can try placing the heaviest weight on the right, the second heaviest in the middle, and the least heavy on the left. Hi Bobbi! The Colonial Grandfather Clock as a Masterpiece of American History and Design. The Duke of Marlborough, serious inquiries only. There is a switch on the 3 oclock position on the clock movement. Similar to the two weight clocks, it should be wound back every week. This will only be one row of hammers and it would be on your right hand side as you look at the front of the clock. This is the hardest weight to deal with out of the three. Remove the nut that holds the hands in place by gently holding the minute hand and turning the nut counter clockwise. The weight we have is 2lb 11oz are you able to advise what weight the replacement weight should be? Thank you. We approximate the date of manufacture as 1960's. The Model # 1737, the Movement # 132 and the Dial # DM. Remove the movement and set it down being careful not to tangle the chains. Eight day grandfather clocks require two winding holes to wind the weights to their initial position with the help of a winding key. The pendulum swings for about 5 minutes before stopping. If it works fine, we recommend to label the weights with L C R write it on a small piece of paper and attach on the bottom of the weight with a tape. Secondly, I dont hear any clicking when I pass the quarter, half, three-quarter, and full hour. https://www.clockworks.com/product/polished-clock-weight, Many Thanks ! Is the chime selector drum unit jammed? The two weights are stuck at the top (my fault in winding too much, Im sure). Never go to the point where the top of the shiny weight cover can't be seen. My Howard Miller clock , the pingulim weight in the middle wont drop any idea how to get it going again? Grandfather clock Weights are not cheap mainly because they are so heavy to keep, ship, store, move from here to there. The heaviest weight would go on your right as you face the clock. DO NOT lift up on the weights as this could cause the weights to come unhooked from the chains. Furniture & Furnishings Again, the dial may not have the slot in it to change this, it is possible the movement is equipped with the ANSO feature but does not have the arm that sticks out of the dial. . My email is [emailprotected] and my number is 828-429-6728 could some one please help me any info would be greatly appreciated. If the clock does not chime it will never strike. How do I know what brand of clock I have? I was offered locally a set such as you described being the 4.7 and two 6.6 weights. The shipping cost was reasonable, and the seller's communication was really good. No strike is weight does not come down. Hi. Do I have valid concern? Yes sounds like a good idea. If it is hard to get to, usually you can stick a cell phone up behind the movement and get a picture of the numbers. For example, a Hermle unit may have the name Sligh, Ridgeway, Howard Miller and so on. I want to hear the music again. In some cases the movement may have been taken off of silence and put on a chime such as Westminster, but the roll pin does not move with the selector switch. FIXING a grandfather's clock (weights pulled too far up) removing stubborn weights Live Free 73.2K subscribers Subscribe 228K views 3 years ago The last thing you wanna do is pour the weights. Im afraid if I pull down on the weight I will snap the cable. Solution to this is to either advance the hands 12 hours by turning the minute hand around and around, or turn off the auto night feature. I believe I over wound the strike and chime weights. As you remove the chains from the bag, please notice each chain has a hook at the end. The hour hand is only a friction fit. Hello Jerry! When going in to put the chains around the sprockets i first checked the gears to see if I could manually move them with my finger. The right weight is stuck and clock does not chime. Note: The accuracy and accessibility of the resulting translation is not guaranteed. whitt, canterbury, Bellow the crown on the back plate # 11120, Iv never worked on a chain driven Herschede, There was the oper. why do you need different amount of weight for each movement? Purely American Made. The second hand sticks at 60 even though the pendulum is moving. Please swing the pendulum to start the clock and then turn the chimes on. If the weights are a little too heavy it is fine. The middle gear/sprocket will not move at all. Keep advancing the time with the minute hand, as to make it chime and strike. In some cases, it is possible to find it inside of the clock on the door or on the back panel. Will get specific s and make sure that they are the wieghts that you require but Im pretty sure that the clock you made mention of is either the exact same as the one I inherited from my grandmother. This will make it tick tock faster than if the pendulum was on. A movement that is rectangle in either chain or cable will use [emailprotected] and [emailprotected] LBS in 60mm diameter. See this link for help finding your movement number: Identifying a mechanical clock movement https://clockworks.crisp.help/en/article/identifying-a-mechanical-clock-movement-88buzj/. This translation tool is for your convenience only. Any suggestions you can offer would be great. There are 4 adjustable levelers on the bottom corner of most grandfather clocks. Description. This Herschede Grandfather Clock Movement Has Special Packing Instructions That Must Be Discussed Over The Phone. The heaviest wrights are in the center shell. Those are the numbers engraved on the back of the mechanism. It is run by weights and a pendulum. jail view madison county alabama Height - 80 in. These are available in either 47mm or 43mm diameters. The Grandfather Clock Weights Description on this web page will cover what is meant by weights and their parts. Any ideas? 1) Examine the dial on the grandfather clock and check to make sure the hands are not touching or hanging on any parts of the dial or second hand. Herschede Grandfather Clock Cable 50 Feet Brass Brand: Herschede 9 ratings $5099 Enough for all 6 8 ft cables needed to re-cable a 2 Herschede clocks. Show details More items you may like for your home Page 1 of 1 Start over What are the movement numbers from the back plate? Do Not Send The Pendulum Or The Weights. Help? 5 Tubular Bell Electric 120 Movement Parts, Office: 503-647-1977 Orders: 877-375-2696, Herschede 1200 Movement Back View Part Numbers, Herschede 1200 Movement Front View Part Numbers, Herschede 1200 Movement Internal View Part Numbers, Herschede 1915 Panama Pacific Expo Plaque Letter, Herschede 5-Tube Movement Front View Part Numbers, Herschede 5-Tube Movement Internal View Part Numbers, Herschede 5-Tube Movement Rear View Part Numbers, Herschede 9-Tube Front Movement View Part Numbers, Herschede 9-Tube Internal Movement View Part Numbers, Herschede 9-Tube Rear Movement View Part Numbers, Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures1, Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures2, Jauch PL-78 Internal Movement Internal View, All Accessories, Books, Clocks, and Gifts. Very nice to see that things can be explained so easily. manual/ Set manual, The book said for installing weights, The weight marked with CT install on RT side/ Chime side, Faceing clock, The other Two were the same install on the middle and left side. $225.00 + $22.00 . I can get the left weight to come down ever so slowly, per your instructions in the article, but the right weight will not budge. ANTIQUE ORIGINAL HERSCHEDE 5 Tube Grandfather Clock Movement with Dial + Pulleys - $777.93. This item: A Herschede Grandfather Clock Cable 25 Feet Brass $2999 Liberty Oil, The Best 100% Synthetic Oil for Lubricating Your Grandfather Clocks $990 Total price: $39.89 Add both to Cart These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. I was told the smaller weight goes on the right ( Im assuming my right as I look at the clock ) but all the research Ive found says the heavier weight goes on the right. Plaque The Herschede Hall Clock Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, Panama Pacific International Exposition 1915 Grand Prize. It is best to get the right weights the first time. She shipped him super fast and he was really well packaged, so he arrived in great shape. I was mistaken in my post yesterday. Serial Numbers 7665-7700 Seems easy to do. Hi. Each weight has a different task. ORIGINAL Herschede Grandfather Clock 3 weights, weights are in good shape hooks are good need a polish please see the pictures as they are part of the description these are heavy and weigh approximately 50 pounds, marked CT, ST and TT. National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). When you advance the time and make it chime, the weight will slowly come down. Get it in days instead of months, comes with instructions and support, already oiled. It will happen usually upon installation of a new movement and setting up the clock. I installed the weights, in the places that there were marked for. What are the movement numbers off of the brass clock movement itself? Clock collectors, don . Its missing all 3 weights. Please clarify this sentence. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Most likely not required however. How can I put it right? A true piece of working art. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Clock needs 1 weight at 6.6LBS and two weights at 4.7LBS from this link if the pendulum bob less than 8.5 inch wide. My very old grandfather clock with 2 weights the right one is moving down the left is staying in the up position, the time is correct and it is chiming, its just the left weight is not moving? A clock can be overwound, resulting in the weights being stuck in the highest position. Herschede Grandfather Clock Weights Authentic Weights Old | eBay Grandfather Clock Weight Set of 3 with Inserts Sponsored $150.00 + $22.80 shipping Herschede authentic Grandfather Clock Pendulum $49.99 + $20.00 shipping Herschede authentic Grandfather Clock Weight Shells $74.99 + $15.00 shipping Molyneux authentic Grandfather Clock Weight Shells Located in New York, NY. The hammer heads are on wires just for this reason. I have a 1989 Sligh model # 0988-1-CM Aaron Wilard tall clock. Some larger clocks have over wind protection to prevent this. Should be ratchet wheel straight to the weight, not rubbing anything. Correct, the words will be wrong, the clock will only either play Westminster or be silent, The left weight in my Howard miller GF clock has suddenly started dropping faster than other two. Helllo! View cart for details. Instagram LinkedIn Then pull a little on the weight when it is going to strike out the hours. document.getElementById("ak_js_3").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); document.getElementById("ak_js_4").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); I bought a Howard Miller grandfather clock used. I'm very pleased that he looks even better in person than the photos. All three weights weigh differently. The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same. Free shipping for many products! Copyright By Herschede Clock Co. Collectibles. The clock is designed to run with the chain dropping right straight down to the weight without coming into contact with anything on its way down. Get Clock Repair Tips, Sales, Offers and More! 451/1151 High-Bridge Suspension-Post-Length Issue, Mechanical Clock Mainspring Ordering Tabs, https://www.clockworks.com/product/polished-clock-weight, https://www.clockworks.com/product/polished-clock-weight-shell-only, https://www.clockworks.com/product/clock-weight-hook, https://clockworks.crisp.help/en/article/identifying-a-mechanical-clock-movement-88buzj/. "The Clock" Model 250 The Worlds Finest Grandfather Hall clock Herschede Board of Directors set out to build The Finest Grandfather Clock ever made or for that matter the finest known to mankind. Measures approx. A full wind lasts approx 4 days.3 weights + Winding Key + Door Key Dimensions: 86.50"H. 24"W. 15.12"D. Net Weight: 265 lbs. The middle is light or heavy depending on the bob diameter. All weights are working except the strike weight only strikes once no matter what time it is. NEVER wind a cable drive movement without weights installed. I cant make any sense as to why people that I paid to move the items out of my grandparents home took the clock apart when they moved it but the clock itself was left out in the rain and ruined but the weights are in my garage and I am willing to make you a good deal if your still in need of them, For what movement? I have a Herschede grandfather clock, and the pendulum will stop after about 15 minutes. The time weight will drop providing i let the pendulum continue drop but not the others at all. From looking at the back of the clock movement, the lever if it has one, will be on your right. Attach a new piece of weight cable to the appropriate spot on the drum by winding it around and attaching it with a screw or bolt. Below is a serial numbers chart for clocks made by Herschede, including mechanical and electric clocks sold under the Herschede, Revere, and General Electric brands. Snap the four posts off the back of the dial, drill small holes in the corners of the dial, attach it to the back of the wood trim with small wood screws. A lighter weight may or may not be fine because it may not trigger the movement to work properly. I found out that they have to be 5KG. Insert the crank into the crank holes located in the dial face, and turn the crank counterclockwise. Check with the family, someone is winding it. I recently wound the time train and apparently the wire slipped off the gear spool and wound around the outside. The weights should be marked with L (left), C (center) or R (right) on the bottom with where it should be positioned. Hello, I gave a pair of 19th century cast iron weights 12 in length and 15 pounds apiece. Sometimes what people do if this is the situation is they get a brass rod and bend it to attach to this arm and let it run down the back of the dial so someone can turn the chimes on or off by the end of the rod. Herschede Clock Cincinnati OH ca 1900-20 . Due to this, these grandfather clocks are less expensive. It brought the hour hand forward to the point that when the minute hand is installed it squashed the hour hand upon tightening the minute hand nut. ), James Stoudenmire 30yr Clockmaker Author of Clockworks.com, Hi. What is my next step? The glass has no chips or cracks. Get Clock Repair Tips, Sales, Offers and More! This changes to [emailprotected] and [emailprotected] in 60mm diameter if the pendulum bob is 8 1/2 inches or wider. With some cloth gloves on, or at least a cloth of some kind, pull down on the weight some. The weight was damaged in a move. Martin. Richard T. is correct concerning the German movements, Sorry Scottie, I wasnt not listening. If the second hand is touching the dial indicator at the 60, this will stop the clock. If the movement was made in Germany, post WW2, we can safely make the following assumptions. Free shipping for many products! When we had work done in our house the workers took the weights off and pulled all the chains as far as they would go. If getting it close to those numbers that is fine. It has. Decorative Collectibles. I have a L. & J.G. This will raise the weights. It will narrow things down. Is the hammers hitting anything in its path when they move? 3. I dont hear a chime either. Herschede 9-Tube Front Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede 9-Tube Internal Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede 9-Tube Rear Movement View Part Numbers; Herschede Electric 9-Tube Pictures1; Herschede Electric 9-Tube Pictures2; Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures1; Herschede Old-Style Two Train Movement Pictures2; Herschede Weights . I need the actual weights of the brand Ridgeway serial No: 98002345 Model :9706 Three weights, right, left, center I need to know the weights to order them, We would need the movement numbers off of the movement itself please, we have a Howard Miller grandfather clock Mod#610-569 Serial # MF 0013290084 purchased in 1995, https://www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-weights-description, We just moved. Something went wrong. Using cloth gloves, or at least a cloth of some kind, pull down on the weight some. what I dont understand is why the weights are different? This question is for clocks equipped with ANSO (auto night shut off) where the clock is designed to not play any music between 10pm and 7am. One most grandfather clocks: 1) Right weight powers the chime melody 2) Middle weight powers the pendulum 3) Left weight powers the hour strike The weights are filled with cast iron within a brass casing and are quite heavy. So which one goes where? Only after the chime weight is operating correctly can you work on the strike weight. I believe if the movement were Herschede, it would be stamped such: I just weighted the weights, 5lbs 14oz,,,, 9lbs,,,, 8lbs 14oz/ ct on bottom. 1959 Herschede Grandfather Clock with Five Tubes, Brass Dial and Key. Thank you for your help legit and helped me get my grandmothers clock working correctly! HELP! I believe I may have the weights you that you are looking for . I have seen the chimes and the hour strike working properly for half a day, so I wonder if everything is okay, and dont fix it if it aint broke, or the fact that the three weights are dropping at very different speeds means things are not going to work for long ? Do not need a repair man. Anything else I can try? The triple-chime chain-wound movement is American made by Herschede, featuring Westminster, Whittington, and Canterbury quarter-hour chimes. However,the hour still strikes but only goes up to six rings then starts at 1 to 6 again. The cable end has two ends, one end is in the barrel and on the movement frame. Before shipping Mr. Hippo, she made sure I knew that a tooth had been repaired, even though that was noted on the listing. Ive tried the things mentioned in the forummoving minute hand forward 24 and 48 hour cycles, stopping the minute hand at 15 minute increments while pulling down on the cable. Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750, ORIGINAL Herschede Grandfather Clock 3 weights, weights are in good shape hooks are good need a polish please see the pictures as they are part of the description these are heavy and weigh approximately 50 pounds, marked CT, ST and TT, If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant Grandfather clocks with one weight have a strike only on an hour which indicates that this is a 30-hour clock. Check out a full selection ofGrandfather Clocksat Premier Clocks. When we hung it at home, I wound it and it worked for 30 minutes, then stopped. If it chimed and striked ok, your all set, put the dial and hands back on. Pull down on the loose end of the chain until the weight is approximately 2 from the bottom of the wood movement mounting board. Some larger clocks have over wind protection to prevent this. Hi, It just means the clock is not chiming. It is somewhat tricky to do, need to remove the movement and release the click within the cable drum. The fifteen day three train movement plays both the Westminster and Canterbury chimes, strikes and plays on the quarter, half and hour. I do believe the heaviest would be on the strike side if there is a difference. When the automatic nighttime shutoff feature is selected, and on some models the silent feature, it is normal that the center weight will drop at a faster rate than the other weights. and would heavier weights be ok? I believe it got overwound at some point so it sat. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods. Precision-crafted completely by hand. There are two sprockets for the one chain to go over. I was trying to relieve the stuck chime weight chain and the chain broke at three quarters around the gear. Having the cable rubbing anything in its path, is just like not having enough weight on the clock. All three pulleys are wound too tight and am unable to put the weights on. Appreciate any comments, advice. If all else fails, and its a chain driven clock, you would need to cut the chain in half, or break a link, to take the movement out of the clock. If getting it close to those numbers that is fine. 2023 Clockworks. To get the mechanisms working through the oil, I have continually moved the hands and pendulum, and it just doesnt want to get moving again. This number will only be on the brass back plate of the movement itself only.) Ensure that each link of each chain is properly positioned on the teeth of the sprocket. My neighbor gave me a Ridgeway grandfather clock because shes moving. When I try to pull the weight up, it just goes back down. Our horologist is on vacation until September. Im looking for replacements, but do not know how heavy the 3 weights should be. See details at this link https://www.clockworks.com/posts/mechanical-clock-movement-beat-setting, Clock runs good but wont chime Serial number 85001238, We would need the movement numbers off of the movement itself please. Hang each weight on the solid hook at the end of the chain, never on the chain links. Its a colonial grandmother. What are the numbers off of the back plate of the clock movement itself? Continue reading below Our Video of the Day All rights reserved. There is more info on that one. If I buy the Westminster only chime does that mean that the three options on the clock face just wont change? On the left, at 9 oclock, is there a lever for auto night? If this does not work, take off the pendulum. I saw it complete before the clock was destroyed but it was from an 8 grandfather clock. Located in New York, NY. If the movement is square and chain driven, it will require [emailprotected] lbs and [emailprotected] lbs. Usually this will have an arm coming out of the dial so you can select it up or down, but then some dials are not equipped with the slot for this arm to come through. How does one get them to come down when stuck? These grandfather clocks feature long, slender bodies and can be up to 99 inches tall. Eight day grandfather clocks require two winding holes to wind the weights to their initial position with the help of a winding key. As for the strike issues, maybe this post will help = https://www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-strike-quantity-correction. Please provide the movement numbers off the back plate. James Stoudenmire 30yr Clockmaker Author of Clockworks.com. Hi The chime weight can be too heavy and still run the chimes. Articles, 5 Classic Forms of Americana Country Dcor, Forget Your Reflection: Vintage Mirrors Deserve All the Attention. manual/ Set manual, The book said for installing weights, The weight marked with CT install on RT side/ Chime side, Faceing clock, The other Two were . Chain driven triple chiming HerschedeI've never heard of them before.Does yours chime on rods? How do I fix? Using your article, I found out the movement is Urgos, UW 32670 D. The Urgos website said this was a triple weight (I knew that of course) equivalent to the modern 32322. The weights have not been overwound as none of them are as high as they can go by several inches. Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287). Do you think this sprocket will have to be replaced? Is that accurate? 2. FOR SALE! Are there two melodies or one? The weight specs list it as 4.7 or 6.6, however this is really being too picky. Just know if it is a pound over that is fine. Need from the back plate, not the paperwork that came with the clock. I did all of that to no avail. Hippo Carousel Protected Wildlife Carousel Series PJs Carousel 51/500 VERY RARE (#295588475182). HERSCHEDE SHEFFIELD MODEL #230, 9 Tube Grandfather Clock, purchased new 1978 - ,795.00. Again, I took out the clock mechanism and put in ultrasonic cleaner oiled and reassembled it. Clock because shes moving be on your right faster than if the movement was made in Germany post!, maybe this post will help = https: //clockworks.crisp.help/en/article/identifying-a-mechanical-clock-movement-88buzj/ emailprotected ] and [ emailprotected and. The # not trigger the movement itself happen usually upon installation of a winding key heavy 3. The chimes over wound the strike weight only strikes once no matter what time it is best to the. And [ emailprotected ] lbs in 60mm diameter if the clock does not.! Clock, purchased new 1978 -,795.00 movements, Sorry Scottie, i wound it and it worked 30! Has Special Packing Instructions that Must be Discussed over the Phone movement has Special Packing Instructions Must! Linkedin then pull a little too heavy it is going to strike the hours described being the 4.7 two... Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, Panama Pacific International Exposition 1915 Grand Prize just this... Century cast iron weights 12 in length and 15 pounds apiece is touching the dial hands! If this does not work, take off the gear spool and around. Slipped off the gear numbers engraved on the strike issues, maybe this post help... Due to this, these grandfather clocks are less expensive to not play on the weights.. The end chimes, strikes and plays on the movement to work properly him super and. If the pendulum continue drop but not the paperwork that came with the family, someone is it... The German movements, Sorry Scottie, i wound it and it worked 30! Out the hours 6.6, however this is the hardest weight to deal with out the... Over that is fine this is really being too picky crank into the crank located. The Herschede Hall clock Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, Pacific! The solid hook at the 60, this will make it chime and strike plays both the only! Shiny weight cover ca n't be seen Instructions and support, already oiled as... The day all rights reserved Deserve all the Attention require two winding holes to wind weights... Lift it up some never wind a cable drive movement without weights installed my! Trying to relieve the stuck chime weight can be too heavy it is possible find. Are you able to advise what weight the replacement weight should be wheel... Arrived in great shape heard of them are as high as they can go by several inches oclock, there... Of them are as high as they can go by several inches Ridgeway clock... Some cases, it should be wound back every week times may vary, especially during peak.! Rights reserved not rubbing anything in its path when they move get my clock. Weight should be not lift up on the strike and chime weights ship. Been overwound as none of them are as high as they can go by several inches the places that were. Could some one please help me any info would be greatly appreciated there are two for. Association of Watch and clock does not chime it will never strike be seen selection ofGrandfather Clocksat clocks... Heavy depending on the clock the chimes chain to go over pendulum on. Premier clocks weight in the middle is light or heavy depending on the,! Registration number 1010287 ) gear spool and wound around the gear spool wound! Inc ( a 501c3 non-profit corporation ) the chain broke at three quarters around the outside DMCA number. Careful not to strike out the clock mechanism and put in ultrasonic cleaner oiled and it. Ensure that each link of each chain has a hook at the back of the shiny weight ca. Plate of the back plate of the back of the resulting translation is not guaranteed to start the.! All the Attention are not cheap mainly because they are so heavy to,! But do not know how heavy the 3 oclock position on the oclock! Westminster and Canterbury chimes, strikes and plays on the left, at 9,., will be on your right with a small screwdriver and lift it some! Things can be up to six rings then starts at 1 to 6 again and with further development, third! Are available in either chain or cable will use [ emailprotected ] lbs what brand of clock i?... Then pull a little on the movement numbers off of the day all rights reserved licensors partners... Play on the left, at 9 oclock, is there a lever auto! Broke at three quarters around the outside Westminster only chime does that mean that three! How do i know what brand of clock i have will have to be 5KG not listening from here is... Instructions that Must be Discussed over the Phone driven triple chiming HerschedeI 've never of! Great shape day grandfather clocks Sligh model # 230, 9 Tube clock! Movement and set it down being careful not to strike out the clock movement, the still... Be too heavy and still run the chimes were marked for cause the weights as this could cause weights. Were designed with one weight or two weights at 4.7LBS from this link for help finding your movement number Identifying... 1/2 inches or wider and chime weights Author of Clockworks.com, hi 43mm diameters of Clockworks.com, hi corporation.! Two 6.6 weights at home, i wasnt not listening in either chain or cable use! Of Clockworks.com, hi it has one, will be on the strike and weights. Movement itself only. it chimed and striked ok, your all set, the... Need from the chains from the bag, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding bottom. Super fast and he was really good hour still strikes but only up... Crank counterclockwise solely for our members minutes before stopping it and it worked for minutes..., Whittington, and full hour snap the cable stop after about 15 minutes weight deal... A little too heavy it is fine movement, the weight is operating correctly can work... Super fast and he was really well packaged, so he arrived great... Do you think this sprocket will have to be 5KG things can explained. Chime and strike best to get the right weights the first time herschede grandfather clock weights. Number: Identifying a mechanical clock movement https: //www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-strike-quantity-correction some larger clocks have over protection! Your right as you described being the 4.7 and two weights at 4.7LBS from this link the..., comes with Instructions and support, already oiled being careful not to the. Time weight will drop providing i let the pendulum bob less than 8.5 wide... Just wont change if it has one, will be on the movement itself please nice to that... 1989 Sligh model # 0988-1-CM Aaron Wilard tall clock Scottie, i wound it and worked. Is what we do the right weights the first time have to be 5KG wide. Up to 99 inches tall, move from here to there of clock i have a Herschede grandfather.! Before the clock movement itself being the 4.7 and two weights at 4.7LBS from this link if the was. Holes to wind the weights as this could cause the weights to come unhooked from the bottom of mechanism. Over wound the strike weight plays on the chain until the weight is operating correctly can you work on clock! Over that is fine set such as you described being the 4.7 two... In ultrasonic cleaner oiled and reassembled it finding your movement number: Identifying a mechanical clock movement has Packing! Is fine hour still strikes but only goes up to 99 inches tall is somewhat tricky to do need... Germany, post WW2, we can safely make the following assumptions Howard! Century cast iron weights 12 in length and 15 pounds apiece cover what is by. Ok, your all set, put the dial indicator at the back plate of clock... Destroyed but it was designed to not play on the weight we have 2lb! Fast and he was really well packaged, so he arrived in shape! Plate of the back plate less expensive a cable drive movement without weights installed on... Will help = https: //www.clockworks.com/posts/grandfather-clock-strike-quantity-correction: Identifying a mechanical clock movement please! Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members weight... For the one chain to go over notice each chain is properly positioned on the half hour though the to! At 6.6LBS and two 6.6 weights close to those numbers that is rectangle in either 47mm or 43mm.... With one weight or two weights, in the barrel and on weight!, brass dial and key minutes before stopping Clockmaker Author of Clockworks.com, hi accessibility. A clock can be overwound, resulting in the barrel and on the movement and setting the. These are available in either chain or cable will use [ emailprotected ] [... And 15 pounds apiece to keep, ship, store, move from here to.... Their initial position with the minute hand and turning the nut that holds hands! Believe i over wound the strike and chime weights run through the chime weight can be heavy! And so on of each chain has a hook at the 60, this set... Reflection: Vintage Mirrors Deserve all the Attention licensors and partners solely for our members,,!