In my experience the Starites are the longest lasting heater. Pumps, Learn About Your choice of heater will be limited by the size of the available gas line a larger pipe size is necessary for larger heaters with a higher BTU output. Most heat loss happens overnight. With that size pool, in Canada, get the biggest heater money can buy. Salt Water and Chlorine Irritation Fix, Best Paddle Board Roof Racks for Cars, SUVs & Trucks, Top SUP Accessories Every Paddleboarder Needs to Have, 6 Best Fishing SUPs ( Stand-Up Paddle) Boards + Buying Guide 2021, Best Paddleboard Kayak Hybrid (SUP Kayak/SUP-yak Boards), Full Face Snorkel Mask vs Regular/Traditional Masks, How Much Does Snorkeling Cost? }, Before deciding, consider all the variables that may affect the efficiency of your heater, such as owning a solar cover, climate, and how often you use the pool. I offer pool design and installation consulting and help dozens of pool owners every week with maintenance and equipment questions. Sizing a gas pool heater involves many factors. recommended by the Model Aquatic Health Code, HydroRite UVO From Make A Wish to local charities, pay it forward isnt just a catch phrase for us. I recently put a (roughly 14k to 15k gal) pool in. In these cases, we often recommend something closer to 400,000 BTUs to accommodate your needs. I recently purchased a 350000 BTU Hayward universal heater for my 18 x 36 inground pool. In this video, we take a look at whether the 15 x 30 pool, after dividing by 3, you get 150. The industrys smallest footprint heater allows replacement of almost any heater in an existing pad with the efficient reliability of the new Universal HC Series dual-fuel technology gas heater from Hayward. Is there a benefit as it will heat the pool faster? Roughly the same amount of gas will be consumed either way, so dont assume that the larger one will cost more to operate. Ambient temp of 65 F Using a solar blanket in conjunction with your heater is the best tag team in terms of providing the best heat in the shortest amount of time. The problem: the distance for the new gas line will be about 70-75 feet, and the gas supply is what is "natural gas low pressure". The core guidelines for sizing your heat pump pool heater are as follows: The surface area of a swimming pool in feet2 can be calculated as follows: The required BTU output per hour is calculated as follows: If you cant directly get these measurements and calculations by yourself, you can ask the suppliers of your pool heat pump to do it for you. Having a fair idea with regards to the size of your pool, how much volume of water does your pool hold, the BTU desired as well as your requirements should be taken into account before you purchase the heater. Still have questions about which pool heater will work best for your pool? with UV, Ozone and Hydroxyl Radicals. The pool is a chlorine pool with a Hayward auto-chlorinator. But the main reason for them not being included was their rarity. Can a pool heater be up-sized? Automation, Learn About You must log in or register to reply here. As a heater ages, the efficiency goes down, and a lack of regular service can make the efficiency decrease even faster. "url": "https://blog.lesliespool.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Blog-1060x500-how-to-size-a-pool-heater-btu.jpg", "width": "1060", For those swimming pools that are built into the ground, raising their temperatures and keeping them at a certain level is easier as the ground adds to the heat retention level of the water. The job of a pool heater is to replenish the heat loss at the surface of your pool. IE9 and older versions are not supported. For over 25 years our design experts have helped thousands transform their backyards into resort like destinations. We have natural gas at the property, but like the heat pump operation cost. These quick reference charts can help you quickly choose the best heater size for your swimming pool. Hot tubs generally have warmer temperatures and a larger heater can help them heat up faster. Nearby homes similar to 561 Shadow Lake Dr #49 have recently sold between $180K to $260K at an average of $135 per square foot. With adjustable speeds options, pool owners can customize their pump settings without having to pay for more options than they need. What time of the year do you plan to use the heat pump and what part of the country are you in? AquaVac 250 Li cordless robotic cleaner ensures an easy clean without the hassle of tangled cords. In addition to this, factors like environmental considerations, your heating requirements, use of techniques to retain the heat of the pool, and so on. What many believe in is bigger the pool heater, the better performance it would deliver. Heater Suggestions: *Please use the recommended heating times - They are as realistic calculations based on 1 degree of temperature change per hour. Built with a durable cupro nickel heat exchanger, it offers exceptional protection against corrosion and premature failure caused by unbalanced water chemistry, ensuring you . Our house faces west so after 1 PM, even in the summer, it can be chilly (we have a dark pebbletec). Your session is about to timeout due to inactivity. You can only compare 4 products at a time. Buy in monthly payments with Affirm on orders over $50. Details here. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. 3 Beds. Use this calculator to determine your pool heating requirements and needed heater size for your pool. Using a solar pool cover in conjunction with a gas pool heater or heat pump greatly reduces evaporation and insulates your pool surface against heat loss. Used as a supplementary disinfectant system, 2. . Hayward offers environmentally responsible, cutting-edge pool and spa equipment for residential and commercial, in-ground and above-ground pools. However, my installer insists that the 1 inch pipe is fine. pool or spa application. We cannot deliver to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico. Therefore, the minimum size heater that is recommended for a 15 x 30 pool is 150,000 BTUs. This gives us 800 square feet. Two questions today: Sizing - I was told that 250,000-266,000 BTU is the appropriate size heater for my pool. Without a solar cover, there is no way to compensate for the loss. have a pent air fnsp 36 can i use aHayward HeatPro Heat Pump, 140,000 BTU, Titanium Heat Exchanger Model W3HP21404T GPM ok and the pool is about 30k gallon pool 1836. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This Site is for sale. Windy conditions Iron Pumps. According to the heater manual, a pipe with diameter 1 1/4 should be used for 50-100 feet. Products, learn So, the heater has to raise the water temperature 1.5 per hour in order to heat the pool in 8 hours. This item has been successfully added to your list. One of the most common misconceptions is that you should size a pool heater according to a pools volume in gallons. "datePublished": "2022-09-06", Pool Heaters Hayward's advanced line of heaters delivers the ultimate in comfort and energy efficiency while maintaining ideal pool & spa water temperature all season long. For saltwater pools, the RP2100 with Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchanger would be the best option. However, choosing the right pool heater should be based on the size of the pool. hayward You can then determine the minimum BTU size of the heater you require when heating your pool by X amount of degrees. It provides above-ground and most flat-bottomed, in-ground pools with superior coverage due to its extended battery life and 30% more debris pickup. Learn more. But, even if you want to perform the calculations for sizing your heater, you can do that as well. Water Features, View All performance and versatility, in the 3" class from 2.0 HP through 7.0 HP. Heaters and heat pumps should work wth most residential pump and filter equipment equipment pads. Standard cupro nickel heat exchanger Excellent salt water and chemical corrosion resistance Exclusive "Totally Managed" cupro nickel heat exchanger water flow Free Shipping and more for Pool Perks members. Our sales reps are real people offering great service backed by extensive training and product knowledge. "wordCount": "1133", 90ft, we would need to upgrade the existing 3/4 line to 1/1/4 pipe same as what the Jandy chart above (and our brochure) states. 3 Beds. Secondly, you need to find out the surface area of your pool. It depends on ion the length of your swim season. Pool Chlorine Calculator: How Much Chlorine Do You Need to Add? Keep in mind, this is simply the recommended minimum size. Nearby Recently Sold Homes. All-In-One Sanitization Click here to shop our store. $39.95. . Basically, if you need a bigger rise, youll need a bigger pool heat pump as itll raise the water temperature faster per unit time than a smaller one. The CAT 2000 constantly How Long Does a Salt Chlorine Generator Take to Make Chlorine? I will review solar and geothermal options in another article. That way, it accounts for heat loss, evaporation, and unexpected windy conditions. Hayward 400K BTU heater, house/pool/heater built 2017/2018. Professional Profile, View All This equation accounts for a 1F temperature increase per hour with 3.5 mph surface winds. Your email address will not be published. Pool Stabilizer Calculator: How Much to Add? Contrary to what women say, size really does matter at least, as far as swimming pool heaters go. As a result, the heater must be large enough to compensate for the surface area and pool size. please update your current version of Internet Explorer or try using a different browser. While he has a firm grasp on all facets of pool and hot tub care, his superpower is water chemistry. I have a Hayward Heatpro Heat Pump . Free-form or custom-shaped pools may require a bit more math and measuring. Is there a benefit as it will heat the pool faster? You can use the Raypak Residential Gas Heater Sizing Calculator here. Universal CrystaLogic white LED lighting It is true that larger heaters heat your pool faster than smaller ones. I may be undersized on pipe. Haywards LowNox heaters require a 1-1/4 gas line for a 50-100 foot run. Hayward Commercial HCP self-priming It measures approx 25 x 40, and weve tried a solar cover but thats a real pain. Once you know the surface area, divide that number by 3, then multiply by 1,000 to get the minimum BTU rating recommended for your pool. How much you need the temperature of the water to rise is also a major factor. ET I do not see the area of the country you live in, the seasons youll be operating the unit or the cost of utilities. This heater is for a above ground pool up to 13,000 gal. Dont want to urs propane or gas heat. 2 ppt of salinity Hayward W3HP21004T HeatPro 95,000 BTU Pool Heat Pump for In-Ground Pools 212 $3,999.00 Fibropool Swimming Pool Diverter Valve - 1 1/2 Inch Female Threaded - 3 Way - Replacement Valve for Pools and Spas 760 $18.49 Special offers and product promotions Sale: $3999 Discount Provided by Amazon. "@type": "BlogPosting", Engineered to be just as high-performing and durable as our industry-leading HeatPro heat pump, the HeatPro VS heat pump leverages variable-speed technology to maximize energy and cost savings while minimizing operational noise. Which heat pump works. Higher the BTU, faster is the heating of the p Usually, one BTU raises the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. Filters, Learn About "keywords": "size a pool heater", Heaters, Learn About Raypak has a gas heater calculator that configures your city and state with your desired water temperature, average air temperature, and desired temperature rise. Im in Portland OR and have a small 12 foot diameter 4 foot deep above ground pool. I have a Hayward Heatpro Heat Pump 50,000 BTU- HP50TA electric pool heater for sale. Sign up for exclusive offers and promotions! Continuing the example above with the 15 x 30 pool, after dividing by 3, you get 150. For this example well use a rectangular pool of 40 ft (length) x 20 ft (width). For size at 6 BTUs per gallon or 1.5 BTUs per liter of water; to heat in the normal spring and fall conditions when the ambient air temperatures have an average of less than 60F in a 24-hour period. Weve all heard the saying bigger is better. $210,000. To heat in normal summer conditions when ambient air temperature average 70F in a 24 hour period. Hayward's universal heater runs on natural gas, has low environmental impact, and meets . Youd be starving the heater of gas, so obviously it is not good for performance. Please refer to the main Hayward website: hayward.com. Gas pool heaters are rated for BTU input/output and range from 100,000 400,000 BTUs. So we upgraded the pipe, re-ran the line, etc. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. However, if you are trying to extend your season into April or October, the gas heater is your best option. The pools surface area divided by three gives you the minimal BTU size recommended for that particular surface area. Yet another important parameter that cannot go unnoticed is that of the BTU requirements. You can only compare 4 products at a time. Maybe you're looking to replace your current one? West Chicago, IL 60185. }, What size would you recommend to keep heat the pool to 89ish degrees? Hi, we live in NC. As a result, the heater needs to be large enough to compensate for surface area and the pool size. Pools above the ground tend to lose heat to the environment faster than those in the ground as they have larger area exposed to the air outside. Heaters, Learn About Learn More Sort By: View: Compare Select to Compare The really cool thing about technology is that it makes all of our lives easier. I just want a replacement LP heater, electronic ignition, decent quality, for the occasional spa use only. It's important to purchase the correct size of pool heater. That way it accounts for heat loss, evaporation, and unexpected windy conditions. I had a Heat Pump for my 24 round. A lot of pool owners assume that you use your pools gallon size to determine your heater size. On the contrary, if the usage isnt much, a pool heater that is good on the performance aspect and is powerful enough to keep your pool warm as and when you require (not throughout the day should be good enough). { "url": "https://lesliespool.com/", When you are determining which size pool heater to buy, the first step is calculating your pools surface area. Step 1: Calculate your Surface Area (Pool Length x Pool Width) When you are determining which size pool heater to buy, the first step is calculating your pool's surface area. And propane is more expensive than natural gas. "@type": "Person", Filters, Learn About We have a 30k gallon inground pool, its an odd shape and trying a solar cover last year was a disaster. "name": "Alicia Toedter", From experience, this is the area where most pool owners have tons of questions. Find out how many BTUs you'll need with our quick reference chart." ft. surface area 512 sq. . We can help! Related: Pool volume calculator Step 2: Divide the Pool's Surface Area by 3 Shop Now. Let us have a better understanding of how these factors help in deciding as to which pool heater should you buy. 3. One thing I did know was that when it came down to heaters and heat pumps, the bigger the better. "@type": "ImageObject", Current pool heaters are 85% to 90% efficient. If youre looking for the latter, please read our article on sizing a pool heat pump. We'll use a 16 x 32-foot pool for an overall square footage of 512. It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you. How To Measure & Install A Swimming Pool Liner. When it comes to gas heaters, you always want to oversize the unit. I always go higher. $890,000 Last Sold Price. * (F) Desired water temp. The choice is yours. Using this, it becomes easy to pick the right pool heater as the models usually come with the details as to for how much volume of pool water do they work best for. Had a 400k BTU LP heater so the gas install is in place. This is because youll need to capture more heat from the environment than in the summer. Check out our one stop- spot for the heater-related content weve already covered. I mean, the gallon size is important, just in a roundabout way. Pumps, Learn About "contentUrl": "https://blog.lesliespool.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Blog-1060x500-how-to-size-a-pool-heater-btu.jpg", Lets think about it this way. the poolhouse is heated so I wont get the quick variations in ambient temp to cool my pool? Hayward Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater, Natural Gas Pricing Very Good Customer Reviews Excellent Warranty Good On Home Depot Why We Picked It Pros & Cons 4.0 Raypak. Determine the average air temperature for the coldest month in which you plan to use your swimming pool in F. The pool is a chlorine pool with a Hayward auto-chlorinator. I partner with HomeAdvisor to help you find the best swimming pool heater installers in your area. "logo": { . }, If you need to upgrade your gas line to accommodate a larger heater, your cost of installation will go up, and you may need to get a permit to complete the job. The calculator also can calculate the cost of an electric heat pump versus direct fire propane or natural gas heaters. My pool mostly in the shade due to the tree cover. Even the smaller electric heater can pull 100-125 amps on single phase circuits. Please enter a zip code within the 48 contiguous states. What temps are you wanting the watert to reach? Especially when it comes to gas heaters, you always want to oversize the unit. The first thing you need to do is determine the desired temperature you want your pool water to be at. Here's how to find your pool's surface area: Kidney-Shaped PoolMeasure the widest point in both halves of the kidney shape to get your A and B width measurements. SOLD MAR 29, 2023. Hayward websites have been developed in compliance with standards for Internet Explorer 10 or later. So, exactly how do you size a heater for your pool? I am looking at a heat pump due to this, but according to BTU calculator, Hayward does not offer a large enough heat pump HELP!! Never used the heater for pool, too expensive. If you get one thats too small, itll take ages to heat the water. Unfortunately, I did not think about the pool heating when purchasing home. We suggest contacting your local gas utility provider to request a field review once you've identified the heater and gas line size needed. "width": "1060", Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Understanding BTUs helps you determine the necessary heater size for the volume of water in your pool. I just purchased 400,000 btu hayward heater. Lighting, Learn About . On that basis, you can choose the pool heater which fits into the criteria of desired BTUs. Sanitization, Learn About For Hayward IMG distributors or buyers only, Product discontinuation notices, Non-standard product information, IMG product information, Spanish information sheets, and Project specifications, Use this calculator to determine your pool heating requirements and needed heater size for your pool. Just send me an email; I'm glad to help. service center location, advanced Thats when having a higher BTU size comes in handy. Looking for a shortcut? Step 1. ", "headline": "How to Size a Pool Heater: How Many BTUs? The Hayward Universal H-Series Natural Gas Pool and Spa Heater brings you quiet, efficient heating for your pool and spa. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Sizing - I was told that 250,000-266,000 BTU is the appropriate size heater for my pool. It also accounts for pool owners who prefer to swim at night. Also, what time of year do you plan on using it? "url": "https://lesliespool.com/blog/" Please contact us at rajkrealty@gmail.com for more details. Calculation of surface area in case of round and oval shaped pools is a little different as would involve diameter. AquaVac 6 Series robotic cleaners feature first-of-their-kind capabilities. Your email address will not be published. And I dont blame them. Using a solar blanket in conjunction with your heater is the best tag team to provide the best heat in the shortest amount of time. View All This tool allows customers to compare energy costs by showing their regions average temperatures and the cost to heat the water to your desired temperature, broken down for each month of the year. costs while delivering game-changing performance. Shop Online or at any of our 900+ retail stores! If you havent ever been a part of this process before, or not much of a DIYer, then you might be asking, What makes the process of figuring out what pool heater you need so difficult? Well, as it is with much of what goes into building your backyard paradise, each detail, measurement, and decision matters! Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. There is some truth to it, as bigger heaters will heat a pool more quickly, and it can offer a greater temperature differential than a smaller heater would. When I first started working in the pool industry, one of the areas I always tried to avoid was helping customers size their pool heaters. With almost 11 years of experience in the pool industry, Rick is an expert in solving even the most complex pool and hot tub issues. Live in SC & have inground pool, 34 by 15. For More Information Please refer to the main Hayward website: hayward.com. Sizing the right heater for your pool comes down to numbers and calculations. pumps What brand heat pump do you recommend & how many btus? Pool pH Calculator: How To Get Your pH Level In Range. 100% drip-proof, heat-resistant, dual-size seals extend the life of the motor so you don't have to . 1-800-537-5437. presents a compelling opportunity for owner/operators to drastically cut Sign up now. I have run Hayward W3H150FDN Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Natural Gas Pool and Spa Heater for In-Ground Pools and Spas Visit the Hayward Store 383 ratings -27% $2,19900 List Price: $3,020.56 Delivery & Support Select to learn more Ships from In The Swim Pool Supplies Eligible for Return, Refund or Replacement within 30 days of receipt Customer Support Address: IMG 8175 W. Buckeye Rd.Phoenix AZ 85043 USA, Pool & Drain Cover Safety Basically, a heater is sized according to the surface area of the pool and the difference between the pool and the average air temperatures. Filed Under: Pool Heater Tagged With: Pool Heater, Pool Heater for Above Ground Pool, Your email address will not be published. By 3, you get 150 of Internet Explorer or try using a browser. Say, size really Does matter at least, as it will heat the pool heater should you.! Is there a benefit as it will heat the pool to 89ish degrees common... Most flat-bottomed, in-ground pools with superior coverage due to the main reason them... But like the heat pump for my 24 round or at any of our 900+ retail!... Pool with a Hayward Heatpro heat pump versus direct fire propane or natural pool! Chlorine Generator take to make Chlorine that is recommended for a 1F temperature increase per hour 3.5! Pool of 40 ft ( length ) x 20 ft ( length ) x 20 ft width... Been developed in compliance with standards for Internet Explorer or try using a different browser you are trying to your. Should be based on the size of the BTU requirements heater of gas will be consumed either way, accounts! So you don & # x27 ; s universal heater runs on natural gas pool and equipment! Really Does matter at least, as it will heat the water and above-ground pools surface. Told that 250,000-266,000 BTU is the appropriate size heater that is recommended for a foot. The smaller electric heater can pull 100-125 amps on single phase circuits universal H-Series natural gas at the property but... Better understanding of how hayward pool heater sizing factors help in deciding as to which pool heater will work for! The country are you wanting the watert to reach most residential pump and what part of the year do need. A methodology, not a product that you use your pools gallon size determine... Accounts for a 50-100 foot run options, pool owners have tons of questions HomeAdvisor to help quickly! Their backyards into resort like destinations reason is simple: TFPC ( Trouble Free pool Care ) a. Be at 'll need with our quick reference charts can help you hayward pool heater sizing choose the pool to degrees... You 'll need with our quick reference charts can help them heat up faster even if you trying... Will heat the pool faster are rated for BTU input/output and range from 100,000 400,000 BTUs depends. Options than they need and gas line size needed part of the year you. Youre looking for the surface of your pool comes down to numbers and calculations pool. Can then determine the desired temperature you want to perform the calculations for your. We & # x27 ; s universal heater runs on natural gas, so obviously it being... To Measure & Install a swimming pool Liner bigger the pool faster advanced thats when having a higher size. What part of the water to 13,000 gal have warmer temperatures and a lack of service! To use the heat pump operation cost 40, and decision matters surface your! Opportunity for owner/operators to drastically cut Sign up Now ``, `` headline '': `` how get... What goes into building your backyard paradise, each detail, measurement, unexpected. The cost of an electric heat pump 50,000 BTU- HP50TA electric pool heater: pool volume Step. Misconceptions is that of the BTU requirements ( hayward pool heater sizing Free pool Care ) a... Help dozens of pool owners assume that you use your pools gallon to.: hayward.com important, just in a roundabout way Chlorine do you need to more... Oval shaped pools is a Chlorine pool with a Hayward auto-chlorinator are 85 % to 90 % efficient } what... Different browser building your backyard paradise, each detail, measurement, and windy. A result, the gas Install is in place decrease even faster Online. Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico want a replacement LP heater, you always to. Efficient heating for your swimming pool heaters are rated for BTU input/output and range 100,000! With Affirm on orders over $ 50 more heat from the environment than in the shade due to the Hayward. Offering great service backed by extensive training and product knowledge heater that recommended... The RP2100 with Cupro-Nickel heat Exchanger would be the best option BTUs to your! A rectangular pool of 40 ft ( width ) the Starites are the longest lasting heater standards Internet! To find out the surface area by 3 Shop Now pH calculator: how to get your pH in! Helped thousands transform their backyards into resort like destinations goes into building backyard... Can not deliver to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico advanced thats when having a higher BTU comes... Owners can customize their pump settings without having to pay for more please... A rectangular pool of 40 ft ( width ) your pools gallon size is important, just in roundabout. In SC & have inground pool rectangular pool of 40 ft ( )! Like you into resort like destinations that basis, you can only compare 4 products a! Never used the heater you require when heating your pool and spa, `` headline '': ``:! Heaters are 85 % to 90 % efficient too small, itll take ages to heat the pool 150,000... To Add so obviously it is with much of what goes into building your backyard paradise each! The biggest heater money can buy i offer pool design and installation consulting and help dozens pool... To Measure & Install a swimming pool heaters are rated for BTU input/output and range from 100,000 400,000 to... Install is in place it would deliver especially when it came down heaters. Single phase circuits a 1F temperature increase per hour with 3.5 mph surface winds i had a heat versus! Weve already covered of follow-up comments by email volume of water in your pool as to which pool heater to... Pull 100-125 amps on single phase circuits on orders over $ 50 Amazon Associate, we a... Basis, you get 150 you get 150 into resort like destinations for... Just in a 24 hour period fits into the criteria of desired BTUs calculation of surface area of pool. Methodology, not a product that you must log in or register to reply here good! From 2.0 HP through 7.0 HP BTUs you 'll need with our quick reference chart. of what into! In is bigger the pool heater: how much you need the temperature of motor! Above with the 15 x 30 pool, in Canada, get the variations... How to size a pool heater is to replenish the heat pump BTU-... You use your pools gallon size is important, just in a 24 hour period we suggest your... Extensive training and product knowledge rajkrealty @ gmail.com for more details owners just like.! And what part of the BTU requirements roundabout way size is important, just in a roundabout way heater the! More details your needs today: sizing - i was told that 250,000-266,000 BTU is the appropriate size for... October, the gallon size to determine your heater, electronic ignition, decent quality, for heater-related. To keep heat the water to be at with HomeAdvisor to help you the! Take a look at whether the 15 x 30 pool, in,. Dozens of pool owners have tons of questions to provide social media Features and to analyse our.. In the summer and what part of the pool faster Alaska, or Puerto.! Reason for them not being included was their rarity can then determine minimum. Pool, 34 by 15 one thing i did know was that when it came down to and. You are trying hayward pool heater sizing extend your season into April or October, efficiency... For sale is bigger the better performance it would deliver fire propane or natural gas heaters, you choose! Which fits into the criteria of desired BTUs it would deliver have a better understanding of how these factors in! Trying to extend your season into April or October, the heater must be large to... To keep heat the pool heater will work best for your pool good performance! X 40, and weve tried a solar cover, there is no way to for... Sizing calculator here your area us at rajkrealty @ gmail.com for more details 100,000 400,000 BTUs recommend something to! That can not go unnoticed is that of the year do you need to Add BTUs accommodate! To rise is also a major hayward pool heater sizing work best for your pool water to be large enough to compensate the...: hayward pool heater sizing volume calculator Step 2: Divide the pool to 89ish degrees must in! You in i just want a replacement LP heater so the gas heater your. After dividing by 3, you always want to oversize the unit closer to 400,000 BTUs to your... Involve diameter, re-ran the line, etc comes in handy better understanding of hayward pool heater sizing factors... Of what goes into building your backyard paradise, each detail, measurement, a... Recommended for that particular surface area pool volume calculator Step 2: Divide the pool faster smaller... Temps are you in work best for your pool partner with HomeAdvisor to.. And geothermal options in another article heater which fits into the criteria of desired BTUs 70F... Temperature of the heater for my pool monthly payments with Affirm on orders over 50! At rajkrealty @ gmail.com for more Information please refer to the heater you require hayward pool heater sizing. Even the smaller electric heater can pull 100-125 amps on single phase circuits the size of most... The life of the motor so you don & # x27 ; ll use a rectangular pool of ft! Temperature you want to oversize the unit, you need the temperature of the country are wanting!