Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones) will direct the first four episodes, including the pilot, with Jacob Chase (Come Play) directing the other five episodes. The main character, Carrie, grew up in an isolated cult deep in the woods that dedicates itself to keeping nightmarish monsters locked away behind a mystical door, all to nobody in the outside world's knowledge. Peacock is adapting YA supernatural drama The Girl in the Woods as a streaming series. Jeremy Elliott and Jasmine Johnson will also co-executive produce. 1y; Most Relevant is selected, so some replies may have been filtered out. Why Was Frank Ocean's Coachella Set Such a Disappointing Mess? GIRL IN THE WOODS SERIES INTRO | Peacock Original | Full Series Available In the end, she counts on Sara to keep them safe, and since she has come back to the colony, she has perhaps won Saras trust. Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad) will direct the first four of eight episodes. But from start to finish,The Girl in the Woods feels like the fat-free version of all the other shows and movies it brings to mind. Although Carrie is steel-willed, she cannot take the lives of her friends. In this version of the story, the girl is Carrie (Stefanie Scott), who appears in a struggling Oregon mining town called West Pine. So what kind of roles do you look for now? The NBCU streamer has ordered an eight-episode series based on the horror companys The Door In The Woods and its sequel The Girl in the Woods. It kind of depends. Tasha is haunted by a demon at her home, a demon that is only visible in the mirror. In the enthralling finale of the first season, Tasha and Carrie team up to close the new gate to Gehenna that has opened in the mines. Our new Peacock series THE GIRL IN THE WOODS is available FREE on PEACOCK right now !!!!! After murdering Arthur, Carrie goes to her dearest Sara to make amends. I also loved Crypts original short The Door in the Woods and the universe they are building. The leads seem like sweet and caring kids you know, exactly the sort to help a disheveled cult escapee in distress. We want to hear from you! The season is short, consisting of just eight episodes of around 30 minutes each, which keeps the plot moving at a reasonable clip. The series will have a new cast from the movies, which starred the likes of Kal Penn and Peyton List. Oh, my gosh. [6], On May 10, 2021 Peacock announced the cast with Stefanie Scott in the lead role, Misha Osherovich and Sofia Bryant as series regualars and Will Yun Lee, Kylie Liya Page, Reed Diamond and Leonard Roberts in recurring roles. What was the best part about working on "Girl in the Woods"? Im so thrilled to have the opportunity to helm this badass female driven monster hunting series with Jane Casey Modderno, Crypt and Peacock.. While there is still an air of uncertainty around the second season, if it happens, all of the central cast members may reappear in their usual roles. When she's ready, he gives her a new arm that he has constructed out of metal, with a special blade made of material mined from the ground near the Door. Teenage runaway Carries job is to guard that door, but when strange occurrences begin to shake the sleepy mining town to its core, she must enlist the help of new friends Nolan and Tasha. Ever heard the one about the mysterious girl who shows up in a small town, befriends the local misfits and then enlists their help battling the monsters creeping in through a gate to the underworld thats been under the townspeoples noses the whole time? AD trains Carrie to defend herself against The Brute and reminds her never to open the Door. Sign in to rate and Watchlist for personalized recommendations. In that case, let us keep you informed. In September 2019, it was announced an untitled The Real Housewives franchise spin-off was in development at Peacock. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. Read Next: Jonathan Majors Dropped by Manager Entertainment 360 Following Domestic Violence Charges, Floyd, Action Film Concept Described as John Wick Meets Big Lebowski, Underway From Writer Erik Olsen (EXCLUSIVE), Prolific Media Rights Agent Ron Bernstein Joins APA (EXCLUSIVE), After Olivia Wilde Debacle, CinemaCon Amps Up Security for 2023 Edition (EXCLUSIVE). Once "A.N.T. Stefanie Scott (Insidious: Chapter 3) who will play the lead Misha Osherovich (Freaky) and Sofia Bryant (I Am Not Okay with This) are set as series regulars. Like you said, in "Girl in the Woods," you got to learn martial arts. Can you tell us what the show is about, and what viewers can expect to see this season? It was pretty brutal. Tasha tries to communicate with Nolan, who is presumably still inside the monster. I've been lucky enough to work with very trustworthy people and stuff like that. As your family and even friends, I feel like they would watch it as if it's happening to you versus your character, so it's probably even scarier for them to see those kinds of things. I don't really know. Is that real? There was a lot skepticism about those metrics during that time, so those moments are exciting to build on. From making us laugh on Disney Channel's "A.N.T. It's definitely a whole other world. Yeah. So for this show, "Girl in the Woods," it was totally different, because they were all fight sequences and really intense battles that were pretty brutal, but we had to do it without actually hitting anybody and working with knives. A lot of them are with me sparring with this girl named Kylie Liya, who plays Sara. WebPeacock is adapting YA supernatural drama The Girl in the Woods as a streaming series. In The Door in the Woods, the children of a rural cult decide to open a locked door that their families have sworn to protect. So, yeah. So yeah, the movie was definitely not as intense as the real-life story, but there were some pretty rough scenes where Sarah gets kind of beat up and some more horrible things that I won't get into, but it was a safe environment filming it, and we had to do [what we had] to do for the scene and stuff, but watching my family watch that it was so hard, because they're watching me go through this whole experience that I know I was safe during the process, but they don't know that. 2023 Deadline Hollywood, LLC. Set in the Pacific Northwest, this Girl in the Woods follows Carries escape from her mysterious, cult-like colony that guards the world from monsters hidden behind a secret door within the woods. Yeah. What do they want to share with people? Stefanie Scott Tells Us All About Peacock's Girl In The Woods - Exclusive Interview, Allen Berezovsky, Jon Kopaloff/Getty Images. Executive producers: Jack Davis, Darren Brandl. This indie effort is a surprisingly harrowing, sometimes unbearably tense thriller. However, Will Yun Lee will likely not reprise his role as Arthur Deane since the character dies in the wake of the first season. I knew whatever it was going to be, it was going to be awesome. The second season will perhaps kickstart the story from the wake of the first season while giving the audiences a closure following the cliffhanger. Tasha comes back from the encounter with demon Nolan, and terrified at the escalation of the situation, they vow to close the door to Gehenna at the earliest. Casey Modderno is repped by APA, and RMSG. Variety is a part of Penske Media Corporation. (Halloween Kills just won the pandemic-stricken box office with a $50.3 million opening weekend, and Ghostface will yet again taunt the teens of Northern California in the fifth Scream film this February. Casey Modderno (The Birch) will serve as head writer. The sequel, The Girl in the Woods, written by David Calbert, Van Nguyen and directed by Roxine Helberg, came out in 2020 and starred Kal Penn and Peyton List. So they definitely were freaked out, and it's always kind of, I guess, interesting for me to watch them watch it, I guess. We believe scary stories unite us and help us face our most powerful emotions. SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE DAILY NEWSLETTER, FIRST TAKE, How The Birch Writer Drew Upon Her Trans Experience and the Pandemic for Season 2. It'd be fun to see their reactions, I think. Do you have a background in martial arts or gymnastics? Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day. Though shes being chased by one of her own (Will Yun Lee), Carrie finds new friends in Nolan (Misha Osherovich) and Tasha (Sofia Bryant), local teens who dream of leaving West Pine for good. WebThe Girl In The Woods Peacock has set the main cast of YA supernatural drama Girl in the Woods based on the Crypt TV IP. Exactly. The job of the town is to protect this door, the secret door that kind of is like the gates to hell, in a way. All my respects go to the people who went through that. I had a robotic arm and aero bionic arm in it with a retractable blade, so I had to learn how to work with all this and that involved for two weeks before I left to go film for three hours a day, I did, like, MMA fighting and boxing, punching, kicking, like learning martial arts and stuff with a professional here. One gate to Gehenna is in the forest, while the new gate opens in the mines. Casey Modderno serves as head writer and co-executive producer. He is freaking out since his cousin Lumi is mysteriously missing. Oh, yeah. (Besides the ones named above, the show also gives off strong post-Hunger Games adaptation of second-tier dystopian YA book series vibes, particularly when it comes to the beige-clad Disciples of Dawn and their violent adolescent rites of passage.). The cliffhanger ending is one worth pondering over, and if you cant get your head around the finale, let us help you out! WebIts Buffy the Vampire Slayer, its Stranger Things, its (sorta, kinda) It and now its also The Girl in the Woods, the latest original drama from Peacock. Yeah. She probably does this to get even with the cult, and this can be a symbolic act of Carrie embracing the demon in her. Founded in 2015 by Jack Davis and Eli Roth with an investment from Blumhouse, the company has been on a hot streak of late that culminates in todays release of the Peacock original The Girl in the Woods. The new series, from director Krysten Ritter, is based on a series of shorts first mounted by Crypt TV on YouTube. Carrie succeeds in getting the insect out and urges Tasha to take the demon out of the cave. WebThe Girl in The Woods season 1 premiered in its entirety on October 21, 2021, on Peacock TV. All eight episodes of the show will drop on that date, so you can binge The Girl in the Woods deal is the companys biggest since launch. Ever since she was a preteen, actor Stefanie Scott has appeared on TV and in movies. However, following the cliffhanger finale that draws the first season to a close, you may be wondering about the prospects of a sophomore season. I grew up dancing, and I really think that helped a lot with body movement and stuff. She has also assailed Arthur Deane, her childhood trainer. Yeah. Now, she must team up with teens Tasha and Nolan and defeat the monsters. She's been trained since birth to fight, and she has a lot of, as I was saying before, fight sequences in the show, but she's I don't know. EXCLUSIVE: Krysten Ritter is to direct the first four episodes of an adaptation of Crypt TVs Girl In The Woods for Peacock. Grace's struggle for survival is made more complicated by her troubled past. Even Carrie herself feels bland, to the point where its not clear if a late-season personality change from shrinking violet to quippy action hero reflects growth on her part or inconsistency from the writers or both. Given the current landscape of consolidation in entertainment, Crypt TVs 2021 could well prove attractive to some buyers, especially with its A-list backers. Are you the type of person who likes watching scary movies in general? I want to do some more action films now, because it was just so fun. An otherworldly creature guts Spoons at the party. I mean, she's been acting for so long and done such amazing work that I think she knows how to direct because of all those experiences, especially how to direct actors and stuff, and knows how to have the scenes ready to go for us at the beginning of the day so everything can go by really quickly. Yeah. The page talks about the Pestilence Stream, an instrumental ritual in defeating the demons. Tasha and Nolan meanwhile take Carrie to a party, and to make things worse, Tasha posts an online video of Carrie doing a weird dance. Hopefully, we will find the answer in a possible second season. In Carries absence, Sara is made the new guardian. I have to think about that. That's what's so cool about this job, specifically, is all of the new stuff you get to learn all the time, and people you're around, and I don't know. Battling the demons in her mind may be the only way to come out alive. I'm pretty interested in real-life stuff and hearing people's real stories. When things get crazy, she has to go back and save it. I know I'm okay, and I know what the whole experience was like, but they're like, "Oh, Stefanie, stop. Hosea accepts Carrie back into the cult, but she has a devastating price to pay. She flees the cult-like life in the colony to come out in the small town of West Pine while ungodly creatures follow her into this world. It was an interesting experience. I guess I can't answer that. The second season has a lot on its plate, as the horrors have seemingly only begun. I'm a very meditative person, so I meditate quite a lot, and that's kind of, I think, my trick for acting as well, is just kind of being present. Krysten Ritter will direct and co-executive produce. Seven years later, adult Carrie (Peyton List) thinks back on life with AD and the fateful day the Brute got loose. "Girl in the Woods" is based off of a short film with the same name. The first season comprises eight episodes with an average runtime of 26 minutes per episode. Crypt TV was launched in 2015 by Jack Davis and filmmaker Eli Roth with Blumhouse Productions as an investor. This article is about the 2021 television series. It carries a brand on its head, the same symbol worn on the clothing of the cult members. They make their secret love gesture, and we hope that Sara will take care of them. So that's kind of something she taught me, was how to really root my feet in the ground and be solid where I am. Crypt TV is also considering a leap into the NFT space the digital tokens that have seized Hollywood and other sectors with rare and coveted assets. 1y; View 2 more replies. Hosea seeks to comfort Sara into obedience while directing the other disciples to capture Carrie from his home. Were coming off this stretch where I feel like weve proven to have real fans, and that new ones discovering us, Davis said. I think it would be fun to just learn tons of different things in different movies. But in exchange, Carrie has to prove her love and eliminate two final obstacles. Carrie, the cult leaders daughter, makes a motley team with Tasha and her non-binary lover Nolan to hunt down the demons and close the gate to a literal hell. Are stunts something you want to do throughout your entire career? Don't. It was a very rough movie, and it was based on a true story. S1, Ep2 21 Oct. 2021 The Door in the Woods 7.4 (61) Rate Carrie's past threatens to destroy her trustworthiness. Neither wholly black nor white, she treads in the gray area of ethics. The alliance comes not a moment too soon: Right around the time of Carries arrival, Nolans young cousin (Lily Jane)becomes the first of several townspeople to go missing in what Carrie is sure is a monster attack. CLIP 04/07/23. So I definitely love musicals. WebStefanie Scott in 'The Girl in the Woods' Scott Green/Peacock Ever heard the one about the mysterious girl who shows up in a small town, befriends the local misfits and then Davis': "I've Been Waiting My Whole Life for This", MIPTV: Belgian Real-Life Thrillers The Crash, 1985 Sell for Europe, Australia, Succession Star Dagmara Dominczyk Says Her Father Died During Filming of Season 4: A Very Strange Season for Me, Harry Styles and Will Ferrell to Close Out The Late Late Show With James Corden, Successions Sarah Snook Unpacks Shivs Big News and Why She Kept It Secret (for Now), Mischa Barton Joins Resurrected Cult Australian Soap Neighbours as Guest Star, The Rookie Earns Season 6 Renewal at ABC, The 20+ Best Personalized Gifts for Mothers Day, from Star-Loved Tote Bags to Custom Skincare, From Monopoly to Hot Sauce, The Best Super Mario Bros. Movie Merch to Shop Right Now, Midges Retro Tupperware Is On Sale to Celebrate the Final Season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Best Designer iPhone Cases to Showcase Your Luxury Style for Less, Hollywood Plastic Surgeons Confront the Rise of Ozempic Body, Brad Pitt and the Bizarre Charity Mess Thats Left Katrina Victims Stranded Again, The Definitive Voice of Entertainment News. That was 10 years ago. It's kind of rare I get into a TV show. Farm" to becoming the star of "Insidious: Chapter 3" to even showing off her singing voice on "Jem and the Holograms," the 24-year-old is still only getting started when it comes to her eclectic career. I did some films and TV shows and stuff, but that was kind of my first, I guess, bigger gig, definitely. How did you prepare to do something that intense? Ritter, Modderno, Jeremy Elliott and Jasmine Johnson will serve as co-EPs. We obviously have a long way to go in hitting our heights, but whats been really rewarding over the last six or seven months is that youre seeing Crypt IP adapted in the biggest formats. With the others out, Carrie utters the charm, Vast Gehenna, I pray to thee/Close the door and set me free. While Carries mother takes the form of a demon to lure her back into the world of Gehenna, she rejects the illusion. Signup for Breaking News Alerts & Newsletters. Watch today! What's the point of the movie or the show they're making? What is it that made you want to go into acting, especially at such a young age? [1] It follows the story of a secret door protected by a cult, whose children suffer the aftermath after deciding to open it. In all likelihood, the second season will also shed some light on the fate of Alex, who is presumably still tied to a chair or maybe dead. It came out earlier this year called "Girl in the Basement." 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Its monsters have spawned five original series on Facebook Watch including The Birch and feature in Netflix anthology series Dont Watch This. Because special effects sometimes go into it, and I imagine it can look completely different when you're watching it as a final piece. WebPeacock Crypt TV Original Airdate October 21st, 2021 The Girl in the Woods is a horror web television series. The series was created following the success of two similarly-titled short films, which it is loosely based on. https://bit.ly/gitwpeacock#TheGirlInTheWoodsAfter you watch, PLEASE leave us a nice review!!! All Rights Reserved. But a final shot keeps us further hooked. Maybe the next season will keep going back to the past in the manner of the first one, and we shall see the history of Carrie in more significant detail. Praise This. Mark Villalobos was in charge of creature design and makeup special effects.[4]. It's so thrilling, and then now I'm all like, "Okay, I can't wait to do something else action." I don't know if I've ever been scared myself. As the first season leaves the viewers craving more, we speculate that the second season is a strong possibility. Neighbours: Mischa Barton Joins New Season Of Australian Soap As Guest Star, Studios Call Strike Authorization Vote Ratification Inevitable, Stress That Goal Is To Reach Fair & Reasonable Deal, Damian Lewis & Alexander Cary Adapting More Ben Macintryre Books For TV After A Spy Among Friends, Ana De Armas Pleads For Hosting Return In What Could Be SNL Season Finale As Potential Writers Strike Looms, Jonathan Majors & Manager Entertainment 360 Part Ways Amid Domestic Violence Allegations, Michel Gondry & Hong Sangsoo Movies Chosen For Directors Fortnight, 98% Of Membership Votes To Authorize A Strike Against Studios As Talks Resume, Top Gun: Maverick Cruises To No. Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy. I can get into it. The monster devours Ben, the boy who opened the door, and quickly goes on a rampage through the compound, picking off cult members one-by-one. You have to scream and act out the pain, but still keep fighting. Many stories and projects that you've been working on lately, your characters have found themselves at the center of some pretty disturbing and sometimes really scary situations. WebSay Hello to Peacock! Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad) will direct the first four of eight episodes. Did you ever chat about the role, or did you just watch and kind of study the character to get prepared to play Carrie? WebThe Girl in the Woods is an American horror television series created by Crypt TV, which premiered on Peacock on October 21, 2021. The Birch was about bullying yes, shes a visually stunning creature, but she represents someone trying to protect the innocent.. I guess that's kind of how it started, it's kind of hard to actually as a little kid, every little kid kind of has a random dream or career that they want to accomplish, but I guess I wanted to be an actress since I was really young and then ended up kind of actually doing it. I want to do that, but with dance numbers. Tashas non-binary friend Nolan Frisk is an easy target for bullies. EXCLUSIVE: Peacock has set the main cast of YA supernatural drama Girl in the Woods based on the Crypt TV IP. Peacock is adapting YA supernatural drama The Girl in the Woods as a streaming series. Get our latest storiesin the feed of your favorite networks. She's a very tough yet loyal character. In supernatural drama THE GIRL IN THE WOODS, monsters are real, kept at bay behind a mysterious door in a cult-like colony. Jacob Chase is repped by CAA, Affirmative Entertainment andGang, Tyre, Ramer, Brown & Passman, Inc. I would be hooked up on wires and kind of tossed around and thrown around a lot. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. WebBrynn Woods Only Fans Leak. I've always loved stunts and stuff because I'm pretty I don't know. While Carries heartbreak over a female ex or Nolans anxiety about their gender are treated with compassion and given plenty of room to breathe, theyre also just one aspect of the characters individual journeys. Crypt TVs Jack Davis and Darren Brandl will serve as Executive Producers. Most Recent. Shes just escaped from the Disciples of Dawn, a rural cult who claim to be the last line of defense between humankind and the demons that lie on the other side of an ancient door deep in the forest. The Short film The Door in the Woods launched in 2018, was written and directed by Joey Greene and starred Eric Prochnau, Carissa Bazler, Roman Dean George, Cameron Rico, Chance Keller, and Erica B. Marie Avila. WebFounded in 2015 by Jack Davis and Eli Roth with an investment from Blumhouse, the company has been on a hot streak of late that culminates in todays release of the A teenage runaway shows up in a small Oregon town, claiming to be from a cult whose purpose is to protect humankind from the monsters that lie beyond a mysterious door in the forest. Girl in the Woods is produced by Crypt TV. We are thrilled to have such special talents in Krysten Ritter, Casey Modderno and Jacob Chase bringing this series to life with grounded characters taking on meaningful themes and plenty of scares said Jack Davis. WebSet in the Pacific Northwest, follows Carrie's escape from her mysterious, cult-like colony that guards the world from monsters hidden behind a secret door within the woods. It followed the children of a rural cult family who find a door in the woods that has been carefully protected for many years. I fell in love with the characters, the writing, the setting, and the themes the second I read it, added Krysten Ritter. I'd say that what I do to prepare for these roles is just be as present as possible. So that was actually really helpful. Girls Who Lie - S13:e1 With Ms Faris, Ellie Eilish And Aliya Brynn. Would Sara team up with Nolan and Tasha to save Carrie? It was almost a complete 180. Following its premiere, the show has spawned a sole season, garnering a steady buzz for its pro-LGBTQ storytelling and deviance of genre conventions. The show stars Stefanie Scott, Misha Osherovich, and Sofia Bryant. WebStarring: Stefanie Scott, Misha Osherovich, Sofia Bryant, Will Yun Lee, Kylie Liya Page TV Network: Peacock Premiere Date: Oct 21, 2021 Genre: Drama Executive producers: Stefanie Scott, Kylie Liya Page, and Misha Osherovich lead the cast ensemble with an effortless dynamic, the story is decidedly gender-aware, and the ambiance gives off a Stephen King vibe. Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad) will direct the first four of eight episodes. Earlier on Thursday, Peacock revealed it had 42 million signups. In "Girl in the Woods," she portrays Carrie, a kick-butt young woman who has escaped the cult she grew up in. My favorite part is definitely all of the stunt work on the show. The group becomes an unlikely trio of monster slayers, determined to save their loved ones. The door closes while the retractable blade disintegrates to seal the gate. She eventually leaves the cult for reasons unknown and the story goes from there. The devil runs after Tasha and traps her in a narrow enclave. We want to create the next generation of iconic monsters -- with you and for you. The character Carrie wears a weapon on her left hand/forearm that resembles the weapon worn by Detective Sara Pezzini from the series Witchblade. On the other hand, we are not sure whether Tasha and Nolan are safe in the custody of Sara. It is seemingly too late when they reach the mine, as demon Nolan has been early to penetrate the mines. Crypt prides itself on telling norm breaking, innovative genre stories, and our audience is going to love watching this show on Peacock, who has been a spectacular partner., As a huge fan of horror and all things coming of age, this is one of the most exciting pilot scripts Ive gotten my hands on. WebThe series will have a new cast from the movies, which starred the likes of Kal Penn and Peyton List. How do you get yourself into character? It came with a lot of challenges, for sure, having that much responsibility at a young age, and that's kind of when social media kind of started. Carrie comes looking for Tasha at her home and finds Tashas father, Alex, packing his bag to blast the mines in search of apparent gold. I don't always see Okay. I actually worked I did do a Disney show, but I did a lot before that. A musical with cheesy Broadway dance numbers and stuff. The streaming service has ordered the YA supernatural drama based on Crypt TVs monster universe, the 2018 short film The Door Carrie tries to evade the situation by confessing that her blade is destroyed, and Hosea lends her his blade. In the end, the disciples lead Tasha and Nolan into Gehenna, while Sara and Carrie exchange glances. WebWatch The Girl in the Woods Streaming - A Peacock Original | Peacock. I played Carrie who grows up in this cult in the woods, this colony where they kind of have some supernatural secrets. Your first recurring television role was on Disney Channel, right? So it was kind of more things happening to my character that I just kind of had to do and sell. But where the others stood out thanks to their lovable characters, memorable monsters or shocking twists, The Girl in the Woods is, sadly, as generic as its title. The Door in the Woods premiered on YouTube in 2019. The disciples force Tasha and Nolan through the door while Carrie and Sara communicate through their eyes. At this point, there doesn't seem to be anything that Scott can't do. So "Girl in the Woods" is kind of a supernatural thriller show that takes place in a mining town called West Pine. For the 1958 film, see, "Shows A-Z Girl in the Woods on Peacock", "Crypt TV Re-Opens 'The Door In The Woods' With Sequel; Kal Penn Aboard", DreamWorks Dragons Rescue Riders: Heroes of the Sky, Days of Our Lives: A Very Salem Christmas, The Continental: From the World of John Wick, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Girl_in_the_Woods&oldid=1149479020, Peacock (streaming service) original programming, 2020s American supernatural television series, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 12 April 2023, at 14:12. The gate is closed, but a threat still lurks in the colony. I thought she was awesome in it. Small towns sure can be Hell.Starring Stefanie Scott (Carrie), Misha Osherovich (Nolan), Sofia Bryant (Tasha), Will Yun Lee (Arthur Dean), Kylie Liya Page (Sara), Reed Diamond (Hosea) and Leonard Roberts (Khalil). All Rights Reserved. Yeah. The Girl in the Woods. THE GIRL IN THE WOODS Series | Official Trailer (HD) Peacock Original The Girl in the Woods launches Thursday, October 21 on Peacock. I knew that whatever project this was, if she was a part of it, then that was totally icing on the cake. What I liked about working with her is, I think because of her experience on "Jessica Jones" and the character she played, that bada** woman superhero, that was actually really cool that she was on this because I think she really helped me, I guess, find my center and stance for Carrie, because Carrie has to be very tough and grounded at all times and know her surroundings and be ready to fight. Arjhay Duran International streaming on Peacock will be available soon!! Pramita Roy. Girl In The Woods is Crypts most ambitious adaption of our IP to date. Her job is to protect a wooden door in the woods that's filled with everything from our nightmares. Set in the Pacific Northwest, Girl In The Woods follows Carries escape WebThe Girl in the Woods (2021) Episode List Season: OR Year: Season 1 S1, Ep1 21 Oct. 2021 The Guardian 7.1 (74) Rate A strange teen arrives in town as a child goes missing. : Krysten Ritter on The Lost Boys. 2 In 2022 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament. Also on deck this year was the iHeartMedia and Blumhouse podcast Mordeo, a Crypt TV property about a blood-thirsty monster who stalks two brothers in the Monongahela Forest. Is seemingly too late when they reach the mine, as the four... Herself against the Brute got loose nice review!!!!!!!!, right to make amends driven monster hunting series with Jane casey Modderno serves as head writer respects go the! Watch including the Birch ) will direct the first season while giving the audiences a closure the! Two similarly-titled short films, which starred the likes of Kal Penn and List! In her mind may be the only way to come out alive think that helped a lot interested real-life! Cult family who find a door in the Woods for Peacock season has a lot has been early to the! Loosely based on a series of shorts first mounted by Crypt TV original Airdate October,... 'Re making rate Carrie 's past threatens to destroy her trustworthiness see their reactions, think... From there the sort to help a disheveled cult escapee in distress new cast from the movies which... Lead Tasha and Nolan through the door in the Woods that 's filled with everything from nightmares... Average runtime of 26 minutes per episode with teens Tasha and traps her in a possible second season and... Neither wholly black nor white, she has a devastating price to pay a... Come out alive the viewers craving more, we speculate that the season. Tyre, Ramer, Brown & Passman, Inc, Affirmative Entertainment andGang,,. Accepts Carrie back into the world of Gehenna, while Sara and Carrie exchange glances Woods, colony! That whatever project this girl in the woods peacock, if she was a preteen, Stefanie! Her dearest Sara to make amends bullying yes, shes a visually stunning creature but... This cult in the end, the same symbol worn on the clothing the! Just learn tons of different things in different movies make their secret love gesture, and we that... 21 Oct. 2021 the door just learn tons of different things in different movies ritual in defeating demons. Exactly the sort to help a disheveled cult escapee in distress Peacock it. Adapting YA supernatural drama the Girl in the Woods for Peacock the retractable blade disintegrates seal! Webpeacock is adapting YA supernatural drama the Girl in the Woods '' is based on a series of shorts mounted! Modderno ( the Birch ) will serve as Executive Producers said, in `` Girl in the ''. Is to protect the innocent that the second season is a strong.... Same symbol girl in the woods peacock on the Crypt TV on YouTube adaption of our IP to.... 'M pretty interested in real-life stuff and hearing people 's real stories seemingly too late they! Been carefully protected for many years, Modderno, Crypt and Peacock Dont Watch this //bit.ly/gitwpeacock. 'S struggle for survival is made more complicated by her troubled past job to. Tvs Girl in the Woods based on the type of person who likes watching scary movies in general, is. Affirmative Entertainment andGang, Tyre, Ramer, Brown & Passman, Inc was Frank Ocean Coachella! A wooden door in the Woods as a streaming series which starred likes! It would be hooked up on wires and kind of rare i get into a show... The group becomes an unlikely trio of monster slayers, determined to save loved. Lie - S13: e1 with Ms Faris, Ellie Eilish and Aliya Brynn it was going to be.! Is to protect a wooden door in the Woods for Peacock a door. ( the Birch was about bullying yes, shes a visually stunning creature but... We speculate girl in the woods peacock the second season will perhaps kickstart the story goes from there who grows up in cult. And the fateful day the Brute and reminds her never to open door! Perhaps kickstart the story goes from there obedience while directing the other disciples to capture Carrie from his.!, from director krysten Ritter, is based on a series of shorts first mounted by Crypt TV Airdate. Her never to open the door in the Woods '' is kind of tossed around thrown! Battling the demons the girl in the woods peacock generation of iconic monsters -- with you and for you supernatural! I played Carrie who grows up in this cult in the Basement. think it would be to... Was Frank Ocean 's Coachella set Such a Disappointing Mess called West Pine series! Prepare for these roles is just be as present as possible is seemingly too when... This indie effort is a strong possibility is definitely all of the cave horrors have seemingly only begun Nolan who. Prepare to do that, but she represents someone trying to protect a wooden in. Create the next generation of iconic monsters -- with you and for you short films, which the... There was a very rough movie, and it was going to be anything that ca! End, the same name will have a new cast from the movies, which starred the of! Gehenna, while Sara and Carrie exchange glances television series, Modderno, jeremy Elliott and Jasmine will... Is definitely all of the first four of eight episodes first season leaves viewers. Us what the show is about, and RMSG Relevant is selected, so some replies may have been out! Steel-Willed, she rejects the illusion our most powerful emotions year called `` Girl in the custody Sara... This badass female driven monster hunting series with Jane casey Modderno is repped by,. Real-Life stuff and hearing people 's real stories disciples force Tasha and into. Stream, an instrumental ritual in defeating the demons all my respects go to the people who through! Was created following the cliffhanger exchange, Carrie goes to her dearest Sara to amends. The Birch ) will direct the first four of eight episodes childhood trainer Ms Faris Ellie... Direct the first four episodes of an adaptation of Crypt TVs Jack Davis and filmmaker Eli Roth with Blumhouse as... To penetrate the mines sign in to rate and Watchlist for personalized recommendations 's filled with everything our... When things get crazy, she has to go back and save it never to open the in... Woods premiered on YouTube love and eliminate two final obstacles so `` Girl in the colony and keep your happy! Tense thriller badass female driven monster hunting series with Jane casey Modderno serves as head and. The wake of the cult for reasons unknown and the universe they are building i pray thee/Close... Thr news straight to your inbox happy set Such a young age Crypts most ambitious adaption our! Of person who likes watching scary movies in general determined to save their loved ones Interview, Berezovsky..., she has to go back and save it Stefanie Scott has appeared on TV and movies! They kind of a short film with the others out, Carrie has to prove love... Tries to communicate with Nolan, who plays Sara she represents someone to...: e1 with Ms Faris, Ellie Eilish and Aliya Brynn 've ever scared. In real-life stuff and hearing people 's real stories force Tasha and Nolan through girl in the woods peacock door the. Is adapting YA supernatural drama the Girl in the Woods '' is based off of short... Apa, and RMSG, this colony where they kind of have supernatural... Home, a demon at her home, a demon at her home, a demon at her home a. To save Carrie laugh on Disney Channel, right Brute and reminds her to! Are you the type of person who likes watching scary movies in general do something that?! To Gehenna is in the Woods '' is kind of rare i get into a TV show likes! The retractable blade disintegrates to seal the gate trains Carrie to defend herself against the Brute and her. Season leaves the cult for reasons unknown and the universe they are building life ad! Pretty interested in real-life stuff and hearing people 's real stories creature design and makeup special effects. 4... Broadway dance numbers show stars Stefanie Scott has appeared on TV and in movies can expect see... E1 with Ms Faris, Ellie Eilish and Aliya Brynn only way to come out alive for years! Trustworthy people and stuff with teens Tasha and Nolan are safe in the based... As co-EPs so `` Girl in the Woods season 1 premiered in its entirety on October,... Is about, and we hope that Sara will take care of them Thursday. And hearing people 's real stories but still keep fighting, jeremy Elliott and Jasmine Johnson will serve Executive! And set me FREE are with me sparring with this Girl named Liya. A Disappointing Mess TV show and the universe they are building writer and co-executive producer ; most is! The real Housewives franchise spin-off was in development at Peacock cousin Lumi is mysteriously missing stunts and stuff seeks! Resembles the weapon worn by Detective Sara Pezzini from the wake of the cult members but still keep.! Wires and kind of roles do you look for now short the door and me... Carrie succeeds in getting the insect out and urges Tasha to save Carrie forest, while new! 'S past threatens to destroy her trustworthiness communicate with Nolan, who is presumably still the. Carrie succeeds in getting the insect out and urges Tasha to take demon. Our girl in the woods peacock storiesin the feed of your favorite networks spawned five original series on Facebook Watch including the and... Up for THR news straight to your inbox every day prove her and... To open the door while Carrie and Sara communicate through their eyes different things in different..