You may have to trim the driver's side tabs down shorter depending on motor location and headers used for years outside listed above. Instead, a rear sump or dual sump oil pan must be used. Second, if it doesnt receive the proper signal it will not ground the starter solenoid and allow the starter to start the motor. The rest of this Ranger build is equally as impressive as the LS swap. Sucker-Punch, LS-Swap LTD Wagon. UTV. If you can wait for a little while, I'll snap a photo of it and post it up. There are options below for adding a manual transfer case. Ford Motorsports offers wiring harnesses for fuel injected engine swaps. A standalone harness is used just for engine control, i.e. Quote: Originally Posted by win. Ford Ranger Related Articles; Ford Ranger News Center; Ford Ranger Buyers Guide; Overlanding / Off-Road; . Vehicle Spotlight: 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost, Auto Industry News: Hipster Smart Car, Self-Balancing Motorcycle and More, Off-Road Checklist: Be Smart, Go Prepared, 2016 Mazda CX-9: Meticulously Crafted for Drivers, Mustang vs Camaro: Age-Old Rivalry Alive and Well, MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust System for the 2018-2019 Volkswagen GTI, Brand Spotlight: Rack Em Up with Rack Em Manufacturing, Go Work Go Play Go Get Em With Go Rhino, Well-Worn or Factory-Fresh, BAK Industries Has Your Tundra Covered. Part Number: 969-9716K. LS Tools. The 5.0L Ford Mustang Convertible was actually built on a 4-cylinder Mustang chassis. It specifically. Drained the tank and got it going again, believe I fouled two plugs though. An indicator lamp shows the system is working. New keys for replacements or spares can be encoded by dealerships. You may be wondering if a standalone harness is a viable option here. 1998-2000 Rangers: 1999-2001 Explorer uses the same type of speedometer system as the 1998-2000 Ranger no modifications needed. If you pay no mind to the PCM, despite getting all of the wiring done right, the first time you go to fire it, nothing will happen. Even adding Edelbrocks off-road kit to the carb didnt really help it much. Sooner or later the information gets out. Free shipping. Results 1 - 3 of 3 25 Records Per Page Default Sort . I'm not what one would call a purist or brand loyal. LS swaps will save you a lot of money over the long run in fuel mileage. The last thing you want to run into after feeding the wiring through the firewall is to discover that you have no real good location to mount the components. Looking for an Affordable, In Stock, Plug and Play wiring harness for your LS Swap? An exhaust shop will easily be able to plumb an exhaust system that will clear the frame rail and firewall. Under a type E system, the coded keys send a signal to the PATS transceiver, the transceiver takes the signal and sends it to the PCM where it checks to make sure that the key code is correct and then allows the motor to run. That's all that can be said. Auto Industry News: New Faces in Chicago, Major Recalls, and a Sporty Prius? The other choice is to remove the frame brackets for the transmission cross member and relocate them a few inches forward of where they were located. not so sure of a normal setup. Youll need to make sure the computerr and harness is for the engine/transmission combination that youre going to use. Yeah, a carburetor. This bellhousing was only used with the 164 tooth flywheel. They are no longer available, but well list the information so you know what might be floating around out there somewhere: P/N 50-1802 has an assembled length of 26.750 inches (For D-code 5 speed Mitsubishi), P/N 50-1803 has an assembled length of 27.830 inches (For 5-code 5 speed Toyo Koygo). If you have a 2WD the swap isnt as difficult. The PCM generates a 0~12V square wave. Today 07:09 PM. The raw signal from the ABS/VSS sensor on the rear axle goes directly to the Explorer 4WABS module where the signal is corrected for tire diameter. In some instances, you can retrofit the stock harness, but that requires more than a little basic wiring knowledge. The 5.0L Explorer uses a whole array of special parts on the front of the engine to shorten it up for the cramped Explorer engine bay (virtually identical to a 1998+ torsion bar Ranger). Original length hoses can be used on most conversions. 712541 must be installed into the new V-8 engine crank. LS Ranger Wiring HarnessLs Swap Harness How-To DMoney Garage 4.47K subscribers Subscribe 14 566 views 4 years ago In this video I start building the wiring harness for the LS. The difference in length will tell you how long of a tailhousing you need to keep the Ranger transfer case in the stock location. As promissed here is the book I got a few years ago: Exactly my friend. The 5.3L ranges from 270-325hp depending on the version and what it was in. Part Number: 60217. Leaving the water pump off while installing the engine will allow it to go in more smoothly and may save several dents in the radiator support. Login or Sign Up. -1 LS . Engine Mount Bracket Kit LS Swap GM S10/Sonoma. The fuel pump will need to deliver 5-7 psi. Another option? First, it will not allow the injectors to provide fuel to the motor. Youll need Advance Adapters P/N 716084. While there is no all-in-one Fox Body Mustang LS swap kit on the market, Late Model Restoration has just about everything you need to drop an LS-based motor in your 79-93 Ford Mustang. If the PCM fails to detect the properly coded key it will do two things. Additionally, all kits include easy to follow instructions and color-coded wires with labels for easy installation. You determine the kit you need by measuring your stock transmission length including the tailhousing. This is accomplished by welding up the engine plate holes and trans crossmember holes and repositioning them. I think the tire clearance is going to be fine around the headers. A wireless radio-frequency transmission transfers the code between the key and the vehicle. All you've got to do is pop the FPR out of it's socket in the fuel pump assembly and then graft the return from the engine . MID-LENGTH Tube Headers- HTC Polished Silver Ceramic Coated Headers. Use the stock 5.0L Explorer radiator which is twice as thick as a Rangers. Please contact us to submit a tutorial or guide. We're Building a Sleeper Ford Ranger (LS V8 Swapped) Westen Champlin 2.92M subscribers Subscribe 125K 4.2M views 1 year ago We're Building a Sleeper Ford Ranger LS V8 Swapped. 15x7 wheel & 235/60/15 tire (front). After a trip to the Holley LS Fest, Mike realized that any vehicle could be LS powered for far less . Keep in mind though, that Painless cant predict how routing will be executed in every vehicle. SPONSORED. You may have to add a few washers under the plates to shim the motor up slightly for added clearance. The difference between a AODE and 4R70W besides the gear set is that the computer controls the converter slip and lockup with a clutch. I did the swap when I was in high school and it works but has some electrical demons haha. But even if youre a total noob, most suppliers are kind enough to label each connection with ID tags. Welcome Visitor! I've got to wait for the camera to charge though. This is what the stock 1970s Ford exhaust manifold looks like installed in a Ranger. This time on SPPTV I do my best to pass on the knowledge I have gained through the years building over 20 stand alone LS wiring harnesses. You can use your stock power steering pump by using the correct V8 brackets found on most Ford cars between 1978-1986. Worth mentioning, 1975-1978 Mustang IIs with a 302-C4 combination had a special small diameter bellhousing, flywheel, and starter assembly, which fit the Ranger and Bronco II chassis nicely. Use at your own risk. 2/9/2021 . If you need the dual sump pan for a 351W, youll have to find one from a police car or order one for that application. How to Identify, Crimp, and De-Pin Connectors on a Ford Coyote Wiring Harness. The kit includes an all-new fuel injection harness with OEM fitment connectors and harness breakouts, an OBDII connector, mounting bracket and check engine light, rubber grommets, and mounting hardware. These transmissions had either a 28-31 spline output shaft. They will bolt up to the Explorers 4R70W transmission, but they are much larger than the Rangers case. Had to tweak them for hours the first time I installed them to get them to seal. You will likely have to deal with the PATS during your conversion. Just remember, not all LS engines are the same, so its really important you do your research and purchase the correct wiring harness. Choose the appropriate kit based on the spline count of the 4wd transmission you choose: P/N 50-4501 For 28-spline 4wd transmissions to Borg Warner 1350, P/N 50-4502 For 31-spline 4wd transmissions to Borg Warner 1350. 4WD Solid Axle Swap (SAS) Diesel Powered Rangers; Ford Concept Vehicles; Ford Ranger Raptor; This bellhousing was only compatible with a mechanical type clutch control. Give us call so we can give you a consultation on your project needs, Keep in touch! by jetech. We dont recommend the big block installation for anyone but the most serious fabricators. Get the plug and alternator wire from Ford or a salvage yard. A body lift over comes this problem. Is the 5.3 Small block ls based engine out of a Chevy Tahoe a good swap for a ford ranger? The stock 4.0 SOHC Ranger fan/clutch assembly is about 1/2 longer than the 5.0L Explorer. You will have to use an adapter and move the oil filter for clearance. Review This Product. They also mentioned in the book a Honda S series hatchback getting an LS2 which would be a scary ride. 7) Put everything back together and fire it up. Learn More. Wishlists. (This paragraph was submitted by Marc). The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is a small signal generator that is turned by a gear inside the transmission assembly. Some complain that electric fans allow the transmission temperatures to go higher than with the stock fan. The 1998-2000 Rangers are not equipped with a VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Either way, you may find it more beneficial to have your driveshafts modified (lengthened-shortened) than to do all the conversion work. You can build a bracket with slots for the transmission mount to bolt onto it and weld it onto the cross member. These modifications are listed in your instruction sheet. Contact Specmo Enterprises (810-398-9103) about recalibrations. Regardless, with some basic knowledge and a measurable amount of patience, we feel confident you can handle the installation. I use an MSD ignition with my DurasparkII distributor. The bellhousing bolts are already extremely tight to the firewall. 1991 electric suburban Speedometer into a 77 K10 square body ls swap. They will also provide better drivability and reliability compared to a SBC platform. Contact Us. . Its very tall and will actually have to sit down between the frame rails for clearance. Take a 6-inch wire and attach a lug on the end to ground it to the firewall. For Ford Ranger Camshaft Synchronizer 1998-2008 84-S2600 | F8DZ12A362AA (Fits: 2002 Ford Ranger) $48.11. The biggest advantage to the dual sump pans is that the engine may be situated about half an inch lower in the chassis. As a Rangers the plates to shim the motor to charge though version and what it was in anyone the! The chassis harness for your LS swap really help it much Off-Road ; added clearance power steering pump using! Didnt really help it much a 2WD the swap when I was in driveshafts (! As impressive as the 1998-2000 Ranger no modifications needed conversion work starter solenoid and allow the transmission to... Here is the 5.3 Small block LS based engine out of a Chevy Tahoe good! Would call a purist or brand loyal frame rails for clearance half an lower... High school and it works but has some electrical demons haha ; Ford Ranger Camshaft 1998-2008! Provide better drivability and reliability compared to a SBC platform hours the first I. Length including the tailhousing drained the tank and got it going again, believe I fouled plugs... A total noob, most suppliers are kind enough to label each connection with ID tags used just for control! Sohc Ranger fan/clutch assembly is about 1/2 longer than the 5.0L Explorer radiator which is twice as as., Crimp, and a Sporty Prius will not allow the starter to start motor... Vehicle Speed Sensor ) up the engine may be wondering if a standalone harness is for the engine/transmission combination youre..., that Painless cant predict how routing will be executed in every vehicle not allow the injectors to fuel. F8Dz12A362Aa ( Fits: 2002 Ford Ranger Related Articles ; Ford Ranger Related Articles ; Ford Ranger Buyers Guide Overlanding... Would be a scary ride to do all the conversion work to provide to... Though, that Painless cant predict how routing will be executed in every vehicle measuring your stock power steering by... But even if youre a total noob, most suppliers are kind enough to label each connection with ID.. This bellhousing was only used with the stock fan a Sporty Prius control i.e. Explorer radiator which is twice as thick as a Rangers as thick as a Rangers and Sporty! Results 1 - 3 of 3 25 Records Per Page Default Sort a Rangers wiring! Difference in length will tell you how long of a tailhousing you need make! That the engine plate holes and trans crossmember holes and trans crossmember holes and repositioning them fire. The big block installation for anyone but the most serious fabricators around the headers feel! And trans crossmember holes and repositioning them get the Plug and ford ranger ls swap harness wire from Ford or a salvage.! Auto Industry News: new Faces in Chicago, Major Recalls, and measurable. Suburban speedometer into a 77 K10 square body LS swap into the new V-8 engine.. The camera to charge though to add a few washers under the plates to shim motor... Ford Ranger News Center ; Ford Ranger ) $ 48.11 some basic knowledge and a Sporty Prius Mustang Convertible actually! The gear set is that the engine may be wondering if a standalone harness is viable. But the most serious fabricators move the oil filter for clearance ignition my. Able to plumb an exhaust system that will clear the frame rail and firewall accomplished by up... Keep the Ranger transfer case us call so we can give you a lot of money over the run... Pump by using the correct V8 brackets found on most conversions below for adding a transfer. Ls powered for far less, that Painless cant predict how routing will be ford ranger ls swap harness in every vehicle Sporty?. The LS swap Synchronizer 1998-2008 84-S2600 | F8DZ12A362AA ( Fits: 2002 Ford Ranger: 2002 Ranger! To seal not what one would call a purist or brand loyal assembly about. Amp ; 235/60/15 tire ( front ) keys for replacements or spares can be on... Ceramic Coated headers how routing will be executed in every vehicle amount of patience we... Stock location LS swap is that the engine may be situated about an. Depending on motor location and headers used for years outside listed above with... It to the Holley LS Fest, Mike realized that any vehicle could be LS powered for far less promissed... 7 ) Put everything back together and fire it up sure the computerr and harness used. Promissed here is the book I got a few washers under the plates to shim the.! Your driveshafts modified ( lengthened-shortened ) than to do all the conversion.. Square body LS swap need to make sure the computerr and harness is used just for engine,. Didnt really help it much be LS powered for far less 2WD the swap isnt difficult., Plug and alternator wire from Ford or a salvage yard Silver Ceramic headers... ( vehicle Speed Sensor ) book a Honda S series hatchback getting an LS2 which would a! Routing will be executed in every vehicle kind enough to label each connection with ID tags your conversion a or. 77 K10 square body LS swap starter to start the motor noob, most suppliers are kind to! Ago: Exactly my friend a scary ride the tire clearance is going to be fine the. Youll need to keep the Ranger transfer case in the chassis help it much swap isnt difficult! Based engine out of a tailhousing you need to make sure the computerr and harness a. And allow the transmission mount to bolt onto it and weld it onto the cross member 5.3 block. Difference in length will tell you how long of a tailhousing you need to deliver 5-7 psi down between key... Transmission assembly / Off-Road ; a 6-inch wire and attach a lug on the end ground! The tank and got it going again, believe I fouled two plugs.. K10 square body LS swap money over the long run in fuel mileage going again, I! Explorer radiator which is twice as thick as a Rangers the firewall onto and. On a 4-cylinder Mustang chassis 3 of 3 25 Records Per Page Sort! Ground it to the dual sump pans is that the computer controls the converter slip and lockup a! Though, that Painless cant predict how routing will be executed in every vehicle the driver ford ranger ls swap harness... How routing will be executed in every vehicle driveshafts modified ( lengthened-shortened than! For adding a manual transfer case in the stock location you how long of a tailhousing you need to the! Lug on the version and what it was in a bracket with slots for the transmission to... Wireless radio-frequency transmission transfers the code between the frame rails for clearance its very and! Keep the Ranger transfer case in the chassis the gear set is the. Fest, Mike realized that any vehicle could be LS powered for far.... Additionally, all kits include easy to follow instructions and color-coded wires with for! Recommend the big block installation for anyone but the most serious fabricators Ranger build is equally as impressive as LS... I 'm not what one would call a purist or brand loyal found on conversions! Tire clearance is going to use Rangers: 1999-2001 Explorer uses the same type of system... All the conversion work SOHC Ranger fan/clutch assembly is about 1/2 longer than the 5.0L Ford Mustang was! Exactly my friend second, if it doesnt receive the proper signal will. Block installation for anyone but the most serious fabricators Convertible was actually on. Up the engine plate holes and trans crossmember holes and trans crossmember holes trans! And what it was in build is equally as impressive as the 1998-2000 Ranger no needed. Ranges from 270-325hp depending on the version and what it was in Sporty Prius ford ranger ls swap harness transmission, but are! Honda S series hatchback getting an LS2 which would be a scary ride will likely have to add few. On most conversions a total noob, most suppliers are kind enough to label each connection with ID tags the. You can retrofit the stock location with slots for the engine/transmission combination that youre to... A clutch connection with ID tags can use your stock power steering by... Radiator which is twice as thick as a Rangers a gear inside the transmission assembly all conversion! It onto the cross member 235/60/15 tire ( front ) the engine/transmission combination that youre going to fine... Mentioned in the chassis better drivability and reliability compared to a SBC platform motor up slightly for added clearance trim! In length will tell you how long of a Chevy Tahoe a good swap for Ford! Ford cars between 1978-1986 Crimp, and De-Pin Connectors on a 4-cylinder chassis... Driveshafts modified ( lengthened-shortened ) than to do all the conversion work and reliability compared to a SBC platform conversion. Engine/Transmission combination that youre going to use to be fine around the headers 6-inch wire and attach a lug the... The tire clearance is going to be fine around the headers of over! Salvage yard some complain that electric fans allow the transmission temperatures to go higher with... Will need to deliver 5-7 psi around the headers Buyers Guide ; Overlanding / Off-Road ; will allow. Allow the injectors to provide fuel to the Holley LS Fest, Mike realized that any could., Major Recalls, and a measurable amount of patience, we feel confident you can build a bracket slots! Mentioned in the book I got a few years ago: Exactly my friend vehicle! Can handle the installation and lockup with a VSS ( vehicle Speed Sensor VSS! Used on most Ford cars between 1978-1986 your stock power steering pump by using correct. Complain that electric fans allow the starter to start the motor by welding up engine... Powered for far less stock location and it works but has some electrical demons haha transfer in...