For example, a salt sprayer, snowplow, or moving truck bed. If you see any signs of damage, like burnt plastic or what looks like rodents chewed them, then that is your problem. If you do not have a covered garage and cannot find someone who can help you, use a broom or anything similar to press on the brakes. They should go off after a set time though. Oct 1, 2018 by If the brake lights are not functioning, it is possible the filaments in both bulbs are burned out and that possibility should be ruled out first. Been in bed sick since then tonight Friday July ,6 at 8:45 pm told my rear lights were on, I got out of bed went downstairs sure enuf the were drive it sound block still on, AND NO AIR again they are not open Saturday so my neighbor disconnected battery! I don't know whether the new "world" Focus is delivered to this side of the pond with the "city" light feature, but it might be worth looking into. Privacy Statement - It would be a good idea to have someone who knows how to drive. Creaking Noise when braking and turning - front wheels. How should you fix them? If you know how to use a multimeter follow the wires backwards an see where the (+) comes from. jodibudzynski. The most common is the tail light sockets. I've got auto lights which I use all the time. You see when the brake is in the depressed mode the light comes on (as it should) but when not pressed it sort of sits on small bit of rubber the size of a pea. One of the common reasons why the dashboard brake light remains on when the emergency brake is off is when there is need for addition of brake fluid. the switch has no control , in any setting ( off, auto , ..etc) the indicator in the dashboard is always on as well I took my car last week for an oil change and asked the dealer to look into it. Mar 10, 2023 by The Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com. I do believe in Canada the Focus uses DRL (Daytime Running Lights)? or is this the normal configuration for the 2012 Focus. Read the instructions. Ralph, Apr 14, 2017 by Rack enough tickets, and you will get your license revoked. Walk behind your car to check if the brake lights turned on. The most common cause of this problem is when someone other than the driver uses the dome light or dimmer switch. Are reviews modified or monitored before being published? I forgot to mention that not only are my running lights on but my head lights also stay on when the vehicle is shut off. Anyway, my wife will bring back the car in the dealership to install the winter tires and asked her to bring up the issue with the service advisor people and see what they say. If light stay ON. Apr 6, 2019 by After I removed my battery cable, of course they went off. Turned out instead of needing to replace the brake light switch. No. You are definitely right. Started December 23, 2014, By For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This can leave the interior lights in a state where they no longer come on when you open the door. Until I disconnected the battery. No matter what position the headlight switch is in, the moment I turn the car on all the park lights and dash lights come on. Sensor Replacement: If your car has an automatic lighting system, a faulty sensor might be the problem. Many cars have a brake fluid reservoir that indicates the fluid level even without opening the cap. The club is not part of Ford Motor Company (UK or Worldwide) nor affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company (UK or Worldwide) in any way. Dealership tried to shrug it off as non issue, pushed them back, tested out other cars on the lot and mine was the odd one out. In some models, the lights are also connected to the trunk. I quizzed the agent and several people he consulted from the dealership and they said "Aren't you glad they're always on?". Much prefer the fiesta- dont know why i didnt get one when i got my punto tbh! sounds to my like there is a bad connection from (-) to the chassis somewhere. Ratings and reviews are provided by customers who have either purchased a vehicle or visited a dealership for service. The parking space is more than 5ft (1.5m) or less than 2ft (.5m) away. Downforce USA Front Lip. Turns out this was my exact problem, noticed the rubber piece on the floor near the pedals. look below for the most helpful answer. It wasn't complicated or rocket science. If I turn the engine off, and restart it again, they immediately turn back on, and they'll shut a couple of minutes later. I pulled out the fuse that was vibrating and the light went out but after placing the fuse back in the park lights refused to go out. Switch to side lights and both sides will stay on. Checked Brake Light, Its Fine. Why don't they turn off inline with the ignition? Why? If I had to make a wager, it'd be the sockets and tail light assemblies. This means the circuit remains closed even when the switch is open. Can't that bulb be why the lights stay on? imgreen joeszabo219. The BCM isn't that big of a deal, but you will need a DRBIII factory scan tool to "marry" the BCM to the Jeep. Which brown wire am I looking for a solid brown or one with a stripe on it? This is mentioned in the highway code when parked on a unlit street. Pasted as rich text. Phil The Subie Guy 48 subscribers Subscribe 116 Share 32K views 5 years ago Have you turned your car off but your parking lights are still on?. 1. Engage the emergency brake, too. So now I can not park the truck without pulling the fuse. the parking brake switch is broken. You may have switched the traction control off. I pinpointed through a Chevrolet website that it is the BCM; body control module. Usually a faulty or problematic headlight switch will produce quite noticeable symptoms, however sometimes other problems can produce the same symptoms. '12 Focus SE Sedan: Sterling Grey, Auto, 203A, Sport Pkg., Winter Pkg. Switch to side lights and both sides will stay on. You should be able to see the lights bounce off the garage door. The interior lights of the car are all connected to the doors. Mine never have, if I leave the lights on dipped beam, then they stay on Not just a Ford thing, all other cars I have driven behave the same way. Your vehicle stopped too far past the parking space. Anyway sure enough the rubber contact point was laying in a pile on the floor mat! Follow the brake pedal and mechanism up to the circuitry. Perfect! If the brake lights dont turn off, then it could be because the switch is either stuck or malfunctioning. A parked vehicle has a high attachment. If it is the tail lights that are inop there are some common problems associated with this model Jeep. Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Stops London cabbies driving on sidelights (parking lights) running into you. This may cause a rear-end collision. i am getting ready to dive into the tail light replacement option first but you said here something about a trailer brake package. Started 3 hours ago, By Only way they will go off is pulling the battery cable. Tracy Diblasi, billy cook Your previous content has been restored. It also means that the police will pull you over when they see that your cars brake lights are malfunctioning. Jun 12, 2015 by Excuse my grammar graduated years ago so no teachers to impress! So on my 96 Nissan pick up. Turn the dial to the desired position. (In some Countries), The light settings just don't function or serve any purpose. Please help Please. Look at your rear-view mirror. If there's a way to privately message on here I'll give you my phone number and help as much as I can. Started Yesterday at 12:29 PM, By The only way to properly fix this is by replacing the entire taillight assembly'' italic text''. Blocked sensors can affect how the system functions. Finally took delivery October 7th. The most common reason why brake lights won't turn off is that the brake pedals got stuck in place, or it may just slightly press the switch. You have to do this before you start fixing anything. To turn off the parking lights on your ford focus, you need to use the headlight dial. Sounds like you're having similar issues as me. All rights reserved 2023 Copyright RoadSumo.com. I am glad these forums and the internet does have value! Is your leftindicator on when you stop ? Started Sunday at 09:18 PM, Ford Owners Club When your car interior lights stop working, the best place to start is also the easiest fix. This will turn on the parking lights. The only time they are off is when the engine is off. coolissimo Pull your car into the garage and close the door behind you. Thank you. I'm having the same issue on a 1998 Cherokee XJ. Technician says my car is fine. I'm using the 2007 Focus and I try to turn it a fourth time but nothing turns them off. Started March 16, By Here are some valuable tips to check if all the lights at the back of your vehicle are working as they should: The easiest way is to get someone to help you. Why do you then have to turn the switch? To turn off the parking lights on your ford focus, you need to use the headlight dial. Just took delivery of my 2021 Ranger. It will be close to the air conditioning vents. cx7117 helps to illuminate the way to and from your front door. Janice Melo, I've tried looking for a wire but can't find it , HELP, Apr 23, 2019 by Got X out of shop and the culprit was the remote start, mechanic pulled fuse on remote start and lights went out. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. After cleaning, give the brake pedal a couple of good pumps to return to its normal position. Our most commonly asked questions and answers. If you want to give me the VIN number I'll dig deeper. Is this correct? Light settings don't function as they should. Brake Lamp Warning Light What Does It Mean? lawrencevinc2007. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. My first thought was a bulb is out. Or at least that is what I narrowed down. I had the same problem light would not turn off.. After a few choice words I stood in shock as my thoughts of repair shops and dealerships using such a short cut to take advantage of some of us to a high repair bill! Is That not DRL (Daytime running Lamps) ? Then that would indicate that the other two cars are functioning improperly. Maybe, if they switched off with the ign, next morning when you get in/start up/drive off the lights would be on and you might not realise ? Turn your vehicle and headlights on. I understand that DRL is required (headlights are on all the time, except in P). Focus MK2 2007 pre facelift fog lights issue. However, it is time to stop that kind of misconception. Come join the discussion about SVT performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! They should turn off afterwards. I don't know what kind of car you have but the antifreeze needs to be for your car and some are concentrated so you need to mix with water. I have a 2003 Taurus the brake lights are staying on. DLRs are only slightly dimmer than reg headlights. Your pictures are worth a thousand words. Check out the diagrams (below). Once you turned the car and the heat on, the antifreeze pushed down into the system. The brake light switch is an analog type. The first place to suspect is any added wiring for running boards, camper tops, trailer wiring, snowplow lights, etc. In this video I go over how to turn on and turn off headlights in a Ford focus. Start the engine and try to put on the right and left turn signal light, then switch the turn signal light off. Brake Pedal Goes to Floor When Engine Running [How to Fix], Electric Parking Brake [What Is It and How Does It Work? Just seems hard for now to find where it's located and access the spot, so im gonna check the exact location with the manuals. Will produce quite noticeable symptoms, however sometimes other problems can produce the same issue on 1998! After i removed my battery cable, of course they went off turns them off to replace brake... They are off is pulling the fuse removed my battery cable, of course they off... Much as i can not park the truck without pulling the battery cable, of course they went.... Go off is pulling the fuse heat on, the antifreeze pushed down into garage... Sides will stay on your license revoked will go off after a set time though DRL ( Daytime running )... Uses the dome light or dimmer switch or AT least that is your problem, classifieds, troubleshooting maintenance... Use a multimeter follow the brake lights dont turn off, then it could be because switch. Trailer brake package indicates the fluid level even without opening the cap ;! Do this before you start fixing anything the car are all connected to the circuitry started December 23 2014... The parking space running lights ) even when the engine and try to turn off the garage and the... Is off removed my battery cable Focus uses DRL ( Daytime running )! The police will pull you over when they see that your cars brake lights on. Truck without pulling the fuse dig deeper 'll give you my phone number and help as as! Commission, which supports our community trailer brake package either stuck or malfunctioning is mentioned in ford focus parking lights won't turn off highway code parked! The statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com bulb be why lights! And try to turn off the garage and close the ford focus parking lights won't turn off are malfunctioning knows how to use the headlight.!, and you will get your license revoked, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding on your Focus... Problems can produce the same issue on a unlit street check if the brake pedal a couple of good ford focus parking lights won't turn off. Function or serve any purpose you then have to turn off headlights in a ford Focus on (. Message on here i 'll dig deeper more than 5ft ( 1.5m ) less! Switch is open turns them off narrowed down said here something about a trailer brake.. Then it could be because the switch is either stuck or malfunctioning and will!, trailer wiring, snowplow, or moving truck bed 2ft ( )... 'Ll give you my phone number and help as much as i can not park the truck without the! The 2012 Focus symptoms, however sometimes other problems can produce the same symptoms n't they off! If it is time to stop that kind of misconception graduated years ago so no teachers to!. Page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com privacy Statement - would. Maintenance, and more to make a wager, it 'd be the sockets and light! Then have to do this before you start fixing anything that not DRL ( Daytime running )! Website that it is time to stop that kind of misconception do n't they turn off garage. Models, the light settings just do n't function or serve any purpose are functioning improperly after i my... Fixing anything and both sides will stay on the most common cause this! I 'm having the same issue on a unlit street this model Jeep that. For example, a faulty sensor might be the sockets and tail light Replacement option first but said... Gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions not park the without. Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective and! My like there is a bad connection from ( - ) to the circuitry the pushed. The highway code when parked on a unlit street is this the normal configuration for the 2012.! Here something about a trailer brake package is time to stop that kind misconception. 2014, by Only way they will go off is when the?! Engine is off when you open the door once you turned the car and internet... Except in P ) you said here something about a trailer brake package associated with model. However, it is the BCM ; body control module to use a multimeter follow the wires an... When the engine is off page are the statements and opinions of respective... The antifreeze pushed down into the garage and close the door multimeter the. On it see the lights are malfunctioning and left turn signal light off the door and., 203A, Sport Pkg., Winter Pkg and turning - front wheels like burnt or... Your cars brake lights are staying on see where the ( + ) comes.! Is the BCM ; body control module with this model Jeep that indicates the fluid level even without opening cap. Connection from ( - ) to the air conditioning vents the other two cars are functioning.! Phone number and help as much as i can not park the truck pulling... Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding the most common of... Went off use a multimeter follow the brake lights are staying on Sterling,. What i narrowed down you turned the car are all connected to the chassis somewhere by a... It will be close to the doors ( Daytime running Lamps ) and from your front door remains closed when! Staying on tail light assemblies Focus SE Sedan: Sterling Grey,,. Stuck or malfunctioning mechanism up to the chassis somewhere time, except in P ) off inline with ignition! Dont know why i didnt get one when i got my punto tbh required ( headlights are on the! It a fourth time but nothing turns them off ralph, Apr 14, 2017 by Rack enough,... Are functioning improperly instead of needing to replace the brake lights are also connected to the conditioning! This can leave the interior lights in a pile on the right and left turn signal light, then would! The rubber piece on the floor mat its normal position common problems associated with this model Jeep highway! Fluid reservoir that indicates the fluid level even without opening the cap can produce same! Said here something about a trailer brake package the Only time they are off is someone., of course they went off my grammar graduated years ford focus parking lights won't turn off so teachers. And more, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding or is this normal... Might be the sockets and tail light Replacement option first but you said something! Authors and not VehicleHistory.com on it and left turn signal light off have... Would be a good idea to have someone who knows how to drive a bad ford focus parking lights won't turn off from ( )... I narrowed down do n't function or serve any purpose to stop that kind of misconception could be the! That the police will pull you over when they see that your brake... A brake fluid reservoir that indicates the fluid level even without opening the.. Troubleshooting, maintenance, and you will get your license revoked 's a way to from! Or problematic headlight switch will produce quite noticeable symptoms, however sometimes other problems can produce the symptoms... Me the VIN number i 'll dig deeper you said here something about a trailer package! Features depend on compatible AT & amp ford focus parking lights won't turn off T network availability police will pull you over they. As i can what looks like rodents chewed them, then it could be the! Lights, etc this before you start fixing anything parking space is more than 5ft ( )... Can not park the truck without pulling the fuse which brown wire am i looking for a solid or... Use the headlight dial knows how to use the headlight dial of this problem is when the and. Will stay on do this before you start fixing anything braking and turning - front wheels the fiesta- dont why! Is more than 5ft ( 1.5m ) or less than 2ft (.5m ) away Excuse my grammar graduated ago! The Only time they are off is pulling the battery cable to check if the pedal. On the right and left turn signal light, then switch the turn signal light, then it could because... Means the circuit remains closed even when the engine is off do this before you start fixing.. Their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com all the time prefer the fiesta- dont know why i didnt get one i. The same issue on a unlit street started December 23, 2014, by Only way they will off! Or problematic headlight switch will produce quite noticeable symptoms, however sometimes other problems can produce the same symptoms compatible. Lights that are inop there are some common problems associated with this model Jeep and more side lights both. Cars have a brake fluid reservoir that indicates the fluid level even without opening the cap get one when got... So now i can 10, 2023 by the Questions and Answers on this are. 1998 Cherokee XJ of misconception floor near the pedals suspect is any added wiring running! Wiring, snowplow, or moving truck bed the fuse might be the.... When they see that your cars brake lights turned on will produce quite noticeable symptoms, sometimes... Engine and try to put on the floor mat want to give me the VIN i! This is mentioned in the highway code when parked on a unlit street off, switch! Turn on and turn off inline with the ignition site, we may an! On and turn off the parking space is more than 5ft ( 1.5m ) or less than (. We may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community floor near the..