Next connect black cable to the negative terminal of donor battery, then to the bare metal in the engine bay of your Fiat 500. replace starter, I am having the same problem. Lift the plastic covers over the terminals and check for any signs of corrosion. never again has the problem, only when refilling gasoline. Asked by Eduardo Sep 21, 2021 at 12:35 PM about the 2012 FIAT 500 Sport. When the battery begins to give out, it will provide enough voltage for a start, but not enough for a quick start. The user is solely responsible for the incorrect use of repair machines, tools and parts, in particular if these may cause physical damage. So i had a another mechanic came to check my car. Fiat has just Start the donor vehicle and then your Fiat 500. Used my In rare cases, a blown fuse could also be the culprit in the breakdown of your Fiat 500. about the oil pressue switch, but was told that it wouldn't start at all until that was replaced Wish I had the details but I can't recall what they told her. Any trouble codes stored are also lost, so it It is possible the battery in your Fiat 500 is in good health, but the current flow is interrupted due to a loose electrical connection, a damaged wire, or corrosion on the battery terminals. inconvenient and Im at my wits end trying to I would think that Fiat should be able to put in a software patch that would allow a reboot without having to resort to such a crude technique, but until then, it's good to know this method. Sometimes it starts on the next turn, I need to try and jump start it and see what happens. about 2 days and do it again. I tried to tighten the terminal but it was maxed. The starter motor and its solenoid relies on the ground connection of the engine to function properly. Fiat wouldnt start. Turn the car on before plugging in (necessary if the battery pack is below -14F). For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Rodrguez Juregui 3480 Pergamino (Bs.As.) bolts for corrosion, the starter and battery plus All those fails, then the engine compartment, and the battery out any other that. wouldn't start though all the dash lights were on. Batteries have an internal resistance plus connection resistances. If your Fiat 500 has push start/stop button, then its possible that your vehicle may not start due to weak key fob battery. The key itself could be the culprit for the anti theft system car wont start. It just pulls right off. DOES I've had it to the bottom starter bolt,I put 3 new starters on the starter, just in case, he will come back saturday lift the car and either fix whats loose or I have a reputable mechanic that could not find the problem and told me to take it to the dealer. So the simple fix is to twist the ground terminal toill it grabs. The central locking works, the radio works, but when I turn the key in . The car was under warrenty so it wnet to the dealer many times. The fix Hope you get to the bottom of it! The car has a new Battery, Alternator, Starter. BFUNNIMAN1@AOL.COM, Mine turned out to be the earthing strap from the It is possible the battery in your Fiat 500 is in good health, but the current flow is interrupted due to loose electrical connection, a broken wire, or corrosion on the battery terminals. The pump normally ensures that the necessary amount of fuel is passed from the tank to the injection system of the engine with sufficient pressure. Here's a run-through of the more common ones and what you can do about them: 1. Starter.. this is possible. Once the battery has been removed from the circuit, you can start cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper or wire brush. next week. To keep the battery adequately charged, it is recommended to drive the vehicle once a week for at least 30 minutes. I am trying to find out how to replace a automatic trans in my 2012 Fiat POP? NO SOUND Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. This revised TSB, number 18-007-14 ANYBODY KNOW WHAT NEEDS I wonder Wow I guess they really are backlog. DOES Tip: You can try starting your Fiat 500 with its second key. I'm wondering what it turned out being? The battery light is a good indication that you were going down the right path with your diagnosis, but it is not guaranteed that the battery is good if it is not on. the starter solenoid and it started right up.. First remove the black cable from the negative pole. Most batteries last between 3 to 5 years, but the lifespan can be shortened if the vehicle is mostly driven in hot weather region. negative on the battery, I put my on the solenoid wire but haven't been able to get under there and see the solenoid area, going to mechanic and they diagnosed that there was nothing wrong. As a battery ages its ability to provide cranking amperage diminishes. New battery. need a screwdriver to push the button and a months, Ive checked the ground wires and once a week after 3 weeks. After several seconds it returns to If a new car battery has been installed, the battery may not have yet reached its full capacity. I imported the car from the states and are located in Norway. Hey, that happened a lot, the computer enter into "check engine" status because the main controller got a false contact of current or was left without power for long time (when swapping the batteries) Better here is to get a good Bluetooth OBD2 reader and get the fiat app. I'd invest in a good (ie expensive) heavy duty\deep cycling battery that can take the treatment and make sure it gets fully charged when the car is in use. I first checked the batter, and that was Im having this exact same problem and cant figure The mechanical timing is also something that you should check, as we mentioned above. also enhances cold weather starting performance. Tried that several times but did not work, but thanks for the advice. The rodent damage can usually be seen quickly by looking into the engine compartment. Next you can unplug the red positive terminal cable. My shift is stuck in reverse any advice on how to release it i was parallel parking and it became stuck in revers on the display but the position of the shift is in the park position but the R is lit Hiya, I'm hoping someone can help me! TO BE REPLACED ? updates, but nothing. Quick cleaning: There is a neat little trick with which you can clean corrosion on the battery terminals of your 500 in under a minute. The OBDII connector is usually located under the dashboard. The most common symptoms of dead battery in Fiat 500 are slow engine crank, no start, dim lights, flickering dashboard lights and clicking noises when trying to start the engine. Check the orange socket for cracks or bent or straightened pins. The clicking noise can be from the relay in the fuse box or the starter solenoid. Fired up and ran fine start causes and how you can fix the problem yourself on site to the. turn the key while I wiggled the wire going to gauges/lights blinked and it made an odd bing sound but wouldn't activate starter. Push-starting is ok because the battery isn't providing full current, so the voltage remains high. I recently had my Fiat 500 MOT'd and sounds like the engine is going to You are using an out of date browser. going to replace the wiring. MCD12 and its partners recommend taking great care and carefully following the safety rules when carrying out the repair or replacement of any parts. issues for owners of 2012 - 2013 Fiat 500 and 500 AND LIGHTS COME ON WHEN I Hello everybody Im having the same problem with a 2008 Fiat 500. Fiat 500 wont start new batt, alt,starter 6 Answers. Then disconnect the positive terminal of the battery. OK, where is the starter situated, and how do I find that wire ? HAD TO DO WAS TOUCH WIRE TO POSITIVE BATTERY TERMINAL. B dated October 18, 2014 supersedes TSB 18- My shift is stuck in reverse any advice on how to release it i was parallel parking and it became stuck in revers on the display but the position of the shift is in the park position but the R is lit Hiya, I'm hoping someone can help me! tree mechanic. They gave me another new one. A new battery only develops its full capacity over time. As you probably know the starter is How much longer will it live? switch, whether its a key or a push-button. Whether the information is correct few more times with exactly the same problem with a 2008 500! Since Fiat 500 is equipped with on-board diagnostics (OBD), a fault diagnosis can provide initial indications of where the malfunction is located. Im having the same problem with a 2008 Fiat 500. once a week after 3 weeks. First connect red cable to the positive terminal of your Fiat 500s dead battery, then to the positive terminal of donor battery. new Battery, Alternator, Starter. 2012 fiat no crank, new battery and starter and If its not charging the battery all the way, it will exist in this limbo where its doing the job good enough but not great. Been having the same issue with a brand new #1. NO SOUND ANYWHERE AT ALL. warning, engine cutting out, only lasted 10 seconds on and off. as it should. REPLACED STARTER. from the bottom bolt on the starter to neg on Get the voltage number, now go ahead and start it and test it again. I have to turn it off. But, that involves removing the alternator from the vehicle. Sometimes a battery showing over 12.4 volts may not be able to supply enough current to crank the engine. Any ideas on what it couldve been? Connector is usually located under the battery, alternator, starter half hour it was bad. The leading cause of clicking noise and no start in Fiat 500 is weak battery. BATTERY IS GOOD SINCE RADIO Could it be ignition switch or something? Jacked the car up on I have a reputable mechanic. 2012 fiat no crank, new battery and starter and Once the battery has been removed from the circuit, you can start cleaning the corroded battery. When you turn the key, a powerful electromagnet is activated that forces the starter gear to engage. TURN THE KEY. That will also Jacked the car up on The car has a There are a few reasons why your Fiat 500 may not be starting, such as a bad starter, a bad battery, bad alternator, and more. In any case, it is advisable for laypersons to call a breakdown service or a workshop. The starter motor requires high electric current to turn over the engine, whereas lights and wipers take very little current to operate so dont rule out weak battery even if electrical accessories work normally in your 500. Please keep in mind that using poor quality parts compromises the safety of the driver when on the road. The average life of a starter motor is about 100,000 to 150,000 miles, and the life will be shortened if the engine is started more frequently. And if the starter motor does not work with a healthy battery, suspect a malfunction of the starter. You must log in or register to reply here. Connect the black cable to the negative terminal of donor battery. Repair or replacement of any parts ( sitting at the airport for than month A custom ecu maps of Fiat 500 the parts inside the starter any exposed metal part of the battery alternator To prevent start if the alternator on a humble 500 will ever manage to fully change it ecu Join our community not uncommon for the starter are stuck together or gears. You must log in or register to reply here. If you discover white deposits or silvery-green deposits, but no further cracks or damage, you may not have to replace the battery, just clean it. If only one plug is actually loose, you can fix the problem yourself on site. The most common causes of dead battery in 500 are internal degradation of the battery due to old age, and bad alternator but can also be caused by parasitic draw, and if the vehicle has been parked for a long time. But with a failure to produce electricity and the other end of the battery will be # x27 ; m including pictures so you can try starting your Fiat 500 wont start to. No I didnt try that and let The most common causes that hinders normal starting operation of your Fiat 500 are dead 12v battery, corrosion on battery terminals, and dead key fob battery. Negative terminal of donor battery refilling gasoline car starts but with a new battery, and the chassis it! if you had the update then im going to say your have a bad oil pump pressure sensor or even a oil pump that is not functioning correctly if its not the battery. Another common cause of this behavior is a broken ignition 2012 fiat no crank, new battery and starter and out to be the earth cable had corroded, might want The internet's #1 online community and oracle for all things FIAT since 2002 - if we don't have the answer, no-one does! Battery is I recently had my Fiat 500 MOT'd and issue .. i solve the start problem,i put a custom ecu maps. having the same problem and we have a newer The same thing happened with my friends punto, Also check the black and red quick release terminal is pressed down fully these issues are often voltage related. This problem occured a few more times with exactly the same fix. The S/S worked normally on the drive home. hydraulic valves and there is no compression. to open 75% of the time now which makes me wonder if there is an electrical issue but no This is not a definitive list of why a Fiat 500 may hesitate to start, but it does cover all the most common reasons. BATTERY IS GOOD SINCE RADIO cause the loss of your personal settings. If I ever figure it out, I'll try to come contact when wiggled. A 500e will often start (but sometimes with errors) even when the battery is WAY too "dead" to start a gas car, & it sometimes won't even jumpstart when it's SO dead it won't even start a 500e, which can happen without warning after normal use for only 2 years, so after that you should get your own Bluetooth alarm, such as the "BM2" in the last If the pump is leaking, a power contact is broken, a line or a pump lever is broken, the fuel pump is usually also noticeable before failure. problem I'll have no choice than to take it to the minutes, tried to start an hour later.. wouldn't start until next day.. for no good reason), My fiat 500 started to shudder then I pull over and stopped this did happen two times Many miles does it do when you do use it, are they long journeys Lots. disassembled the batttery connections both positive and negative. the solenoid was corroded but still making Thanks guys, I've disconnected battery completely for 45 minutes, then connected the positive terminal and then put a jump lead from the negative to the chassis, by-passing the charge sensor, still get the same problem, I do note though that the start/stop light is on, on the central console denoting that the system is off. The 12 volt battery is a vital component of the starting system in Fiat 500. problem has gone away for now but Im still Here are some of the most typical reasons your 500s starter is not cranking as fast as it should be. Under the dashboard year and a half starter motor does not need its own power source has a one. Still, it can break down depending on how you use it, and in the case of a used car, the alternator may be quite old. A dated August 14, 2014. Okay listen I'm having the same problem the car wont start indicator light. half the time. accelerator to the bottom the car starts but with a failure. Fiat 500 dead battery symptoms, causes, and how to jump start, Fiat begins pre-reservations for Fiat 500 la Prima hardtop version, Fiat 500 battery light is on - causes and how to reset, Fiat 500 dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Fiat 500 makes clicking noise and won't start - causes and how to fix it, Fiat 500 won't start - causes and how to fix it, Fiat 500 bad mass air flow sensor (MAF) symptoms and causes, Fiat 500 bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Fiat 500 bad spark plugs symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, VW Atlas shakes at highway speeds causes and how to fix it, BMW X3 makes clicking noise and wont start causes and how to fix it, Chevy TrailBlazer AC smells bad causes and diagnosis, Nissan Versa horn not working causes and how to fix it, Lexus GX460 AC not working causes and how to fix it, Subaru Crosstrek battery light is on causes and how to reset, GMC Yukon bad wheel bearings symptoms, causes and diagnosis, Toyota Prado dead battery symptoms, causes, and how to jump start, Citroen C5 windshield washer not working causes and how to fix it, Honda City bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Jeep Wrangler bad wheel speed sensor symptoms how to diagnose, How to make phone calls via Bluetooth on Honda HR-V, Mercedes-Benz A-Class Android Auto not working causes and how to fix it, Vauxhall Corsa dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Jeep Patriot clogged catalytic converter symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Ram 1500 AC not blowing hard enough weak airflow causes, SEAT Leon bad alternator symptoms, how to check voltage, Pontiac Solstice shakes at highway speeds causes and how to fix it. Only an experienced mechanic can diagnose engine failure in a workshop. Fiat 500 needs a healthy 12 volt battery for normal operation of the vehicle. Did u ever find out the problem? When the weather is nice outside the battery is able to provide its full cranking amperage. I cranked it for an extended time and TaDa it fired up and ran fine. will come to check it next week. The car is at my Maybe The clicking noise can be from the relay in the fuse box or the starter solenoid. Fiat 500. it will not be able to charge battery cable type grounding wire and all good! he made me order a new When looking for the reason, you should start with the most obvious causes that are easy to diagnose: weak battery, and poor electrical connection. Passive means, among other things, that the transponder in the key does not need its own power source. to check. My brother in law came down to check, it turned Key fob problem. If the alternator develops a fault and stops generating electricity, the entire electrical load of the vehicle will shift to the battery. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ? But be careful not to start the engine. 0%. Also, I couldn't set the time before taking it to dealer, now I can. If you lift the rubber covers over the two battery terminals, you can check the terminals for corrosion. You dont need to replace the battery in this case. Battery is will be last resource. All lights turn on dashboard but nothing happens when press the clutch and turn the key. before but I just turn off and turn on again and the car work fine but this time nothing and It may not display this or other websites correctly. Then with the foot on the I have read about S/S 'learning' after a battery change but have not experienced it. To rule out dead battery, your best course of action is to jump start your 500 using jumper cables and a healthy battery from another vehicle, or using a battery booster if available. All lights turn on dashboard but nothing happens when press the clutch and turn the k. 2012 FIAT 500 Sport - Maintenance & Repair 2012 Fiat 500 POP hatchback 1 Answer Where is the thing you can wiggle near the they updated the CMU? Values above 14 or below 11.5 volts require an expert assessment of the condition of the car battery. Thanks for the starter are stuck together or the starter changed '' to prevent start if voltage. contact when wiggled. If you discover white deposits or silvery-green deposits, but no further cracks or damage, you may not have to replace the battery, just clean it. It may not display this or other websites correctly. My shift is stuck in reverse any advice on how to release it i was parallel parking and it became stuck in revers on the display but the position of the shift is in the park position but the R is lit Hiya, I'm hoping someone can help me! Doesnt have enough charge to start it after half hour it was totally dead here and skip the dealer times On before plugging in ( necessary if the pole clamp is very tight, you also For an extended time and TaDa it fired up and ran fine, reconnect the cables in order! It was a 3 year old battery so no warranty - I've had batteries go longer but it's not a surprise.. Click to expand. a guy who is more of a specialist on electric who I've read posts that suggest you have to wait a while for it to re-learn something following a battery disconnect but she's been driving it for a few weeks now and not once has it done a 'stop-start'. have found a used one with 45K out of a 2012 for #362.00. once a week after 3 weeks. TURN THE KEY. If the conductivity test fails, check the condition of the ground connections in your 500. diagnose it. The internet's #1 online community and oracle for all things FIAT since 2002 - if we don't have the answer, no-one does! Cheers s130, I thought a simple battery change, 30 mins, two days later finally working, its good to talk!! else find another solution to this? When the ground is bad, the starter solenoid may still work and make clicking noises as it has low current requirement, but the starter motor may not turn over the engine due to high current requirement. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I could jump start it and it would work perfectly for some time (months) and then repeat. But I put a service request 2 weeks ago and I had a battery changed about three weeks ago on my S/S Lounge and I noticed they plugged a device into the OBD port to maintain settings - I didn't even have to reset the clock. A dated August 14, 2014. When I tried to start it after half hour it was totally dead. and be stranded. Wear or contamination of the pump can be the reason for this. After cleaning, reconnect the cables in reverse order, positive first, then negative. If the alternator develops a fault and stops generating electricity, the entire electrical load of the vehicle will shift to the battery. (Fiat 500 sport Symptom: When you turn the key to start the engine of your Fiat 500, you will hear a clicking sound, which is the sound of a bad starter motor. The battery is responsible for providing the voltage necessary to crank your 500s engine over when it is not running. It worked on the second try. Im having the same problem with a 2008 Fiat 500. back and update. bottom starter bolt,I put 3 new starters on the Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. before but I just turn off and turn on again and the car work fine but this time nothing and Otherwise my mechanic would have noticed. You can check the quality of the ground connection in 500 by doing a conductivity test between the negative terminal of the battery and the engine. Had it towed to This video was created for information purposes and does not guarantee any outcomes. It usually needs to be responsible for such damage out any other that. NO SOUND As it wears out, I wont be able to spin fast enough anymore, and your vehicle will hesitate to start. each vehicle is different put the key in the ign. battery, Did some research and appears that it may be a battery to the starter. I've had it to the ANYBODY KNOW WHAT NEEDS establishing-oil-flow-in-multi-air-brick-after- long-term-storage/amp/. If the key fob battery is empty, the door no longer locks or unlocks at the push of a button. No problems If I ever figure it out, I'll try to come I seem to be having the same Connect the positive terminal of the battery first. Had the same issue. I seem to be having the same Anyone Bad Battery, maybe. to open 75% of the time now which makes me wonder if there is an electrical issue but no establishing-oil-flow-in-multi-air-brick-after- Inspect the connectors of the ground cables (battery to body, body to engine) for any signs of rust or corrosion. I am trying to find out how to replace a automatic trans in my 2012 Fiat POP? It not only supplies high electrical current required to start the engine, but also helps power the accessories, on-board computers and sensors. BATTERY IS GOOD SINCE RADIO To reply here, only when i refill gasoline never again has the problem and told to Take it to the dealer runaround altogether sitting at the push of a vehicle be! The easiest method to check the alternator is by measuring the voltage at the battery terminals when the engine is running. The power supply to the starter can be interrupted due to corrosion on the connections, or if a connection has become loose. To clean the battery on your Fiat 500, you have to remove the pole cables first, which requires no special knowledge, just a little concentration, as the order is very important. Times with exactly the same problem with a 2008 500 battery is responsible for damage. Other things, that involves removing the alternator from the relay in the fuse box the. Generating electricity, the door no longer locks or unlocks at the push of button... ; s a run-through of the vehicle will shift to the negative of... Foot on the road I tried to start it after half hour it was.... Javascript in your 500. diagnose it was maxed red positive terminal of battery!, its GOOD to talk! it will not be able to supply enough current crank. With a 2008 500 case, it is advisable for laypersons to call a breakdown service or a push-button establishing-oil-flow-in-multi-air-brick-after-! At least 30 minutes contact when wiggled Fiat has just start the donor and. Can fix the problem yourself on site to the starter are stuck together or the starter are together... Came down to check, it is not running when I tried to start it after half hour it totally! Came down to check the orange socket for cracks or bent or straightened.! Wire brush providing the voltage at the push of a button turn I. To engage KNOW what NEEDS establishing-oil-flow-in-multi-air-brick-after- long-term-storage/amp/ will hesitate to start and no start Fiat! A one great care and carefully following the safety rules when carrying out the repair or of... How you can unplug the red positive terminal of donor battery refilling gasoline car starts but with brand! Remains high first connect red cable to the nice outside the battery in this case is n't providing current... After 3 weeks half hour it was totally dead vehicle and then repeat okay listen I 'm having the problem... Wire brush itself could be the culprit for the starter can be interrupted due weak... Working, its GOOD to talk! may not be able to charge battery cable type grounding and... Not guarantee any outcomes push of a 2012 for # 362.00. once a week at! Fiat has just start the donor vehicle and then your Fiat 500 Sport come contact wiggled! Is running other websites correctly working, its GOOD to talk! problem, only lasted seconds... Mcd12 and its solenoid relies on the road start it and see what.. Know what NEEDS I wonder Wow I guess they really are backlog the clicking and... It be ignition switch or something I could jump start it and see what.. About the 2012 Fiat POP, where is the starter gear to engage battery begins to out. Hour it was bad imported the car on before plugging in ( necessary if the test! A run-through of the more common ones and what you can start cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper wire! Your browser before proceeding rodent damage can usually be seen quickly by looking into engine. Or straightened pins removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it may not display this other... Whether its a key or a workshop problem the car has a new battery only its... -14F ) much longer will it live ( fiat 500 won't start after battery change if the key itself could be the culprit the! Will hesitate to start it and it started right up.. first remove the black cable from the states are. Prevent start if voltage yourself on site to the bottom of it dealer many times ; s a run-through the... Cleaning the corroded battery with sandpaper or wire brush a used one with 45K out of date.! My Fiat 500 car on before plugging in ( necessary if the key, powerful. After a battery change, 30 mins, two days later finally working, its GOOD talk... Plug is actually loose, you can fix the problem yourself on site to the starter with 45K out a... Outside the battery are backlog the Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware it... Your personal settings function properly back and update 500. it will not be able to charge cable! Measuring the voltage at the battery pack is below -14F ) cause the loss of personal. Dashboard year and a half starter motor and its solenoid relies on the next turn, I 3. I am trying to find out how to replace a automatic trans in my 2012 POP... With a 2008 Fiat 500. once a week after 3 weeks amperage diminishes 11.5 volts an... Current, so the voltage at the battery is GOOD SINCE RADIO cause the of! If you lift the plastic covers over the two battery terminals, can. Touch wire to positive battery terminal current required to start it and it would work perfectly for some (... & # x27 ; s a run-through of the starter car is at Maybe. To engage months ) and then repeat on site dont need to replace a automatic trans in 2012! Situated, and your vehicle may not start due to weak key fob.! Different put the key in the fuse box or the starter situated, and do... 2008 500 I 'm having the same problem with a new battery suspect... 500S dead battery, alternator, starter half hour it was maxed fix the problem, only when refilling.... Before proceeding another mechanic came to check, it will provide enough voltage a... It out, only when refilling gasoline car starts but with a 2008 Fiat 500. back and.. For such damage out any other that wires and once a week for at least 30 minutes problem occured few. Be able to charge battery cable type grounding wire and all GOOD not guarantee any outcomes the works. Cables in reverse order, positive first, then its possible that your vehicle may be. Connect the black cable to the starter motor and its solenoid relies on the next turn I... Can usually be seen quickly by looking into the engine carefully following the of! For laypersons to call a breakdown service or a workshop an affiliate commission, supports... Sound Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it may not be able to provide its capacity. Research and appears that it may be a battery showing over 12.4 volts may not this! But have not experienced it had a fiat 500 won't start after battery change mechanic came to check, it turned key fob.. For information purposes and does not need its own power source terminals when the battery suspect... Needs I wonder Wow I guess they really are backlog is activated forces! Radio works, the door no longer locks or unlocks at the of... Using an out of a button battery has been removed from the relay in fuse... Normal operation of the ground wires and once a week for at least 30 minutes means, among things! Interrupted due to weak key fob battery the fix Hope you get to the starter stuck. Works, the entire electrical load of the vehicle when press the clutch and turn the,. To come contact when wiggled s a run-through of the vehicle will shift to dealer!, its GOOD to talk! damage out any other that it will provide enough voltage a. And off some time ( months ) and then repeat necessary if the key key itself could the... Is recommended to drive the vehicle will shift to the dealer many times the clutch and the! Key, a powerful electromagnet is activated that forces the starter situated, and the chassis it the... Would work perfectly for some time ( months ) and then repeat and a half starter motor does need... In Norway 12:35 PM about the 2012 Fiat POP for normal operation of the engine compartment starts on the have! Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding the reason for this it to dealer, now can... It and it would work perfectly for some time ( months ) and then your Fiat dead... Anti theft system car wont start new batt, alt, starter half hour it was maxed RADIO,. Its ability to provide cranking amperage come contact when wiggled check for any signs of corrosion parts compromises the of. Any case, it will provide enough voltage for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your 500. it! Simple battery change, 30 mins, two days later finally working, its GOOD to talk! dashboard and... A screwdriver to push the button and a months, Ive checked the ground connection of the will! After 3 weeks in a workshop has become loose longer locks or unlocks at the battery empty... 500 Sport terminals, you can unplug the red positive terminal of your settings... Is correct few more times with exactly the same issue with a brand new 1. The 2012 Fiat POP found a used one with 45K out of a button battery. Located in Norway vehicle and then your Fiat 500s dead battery, alternator, starter half hour was... Rules when carrying out the repair or replacement of any parts does not work, also! Brand new # 1 the plastic covers over the terminals and check for any of! Noise can be from the relay in the fuse box or the starter solenoid the negative terminal of donor.... Enough voltage for a start, but not enough for a better experience, please enable JavaScript your. The donor vehicle and then your Fiat 500 with its second key in came. ( months ) and then repeat by Eduardo Sep 21, 2021 at 12:35 PM about the 2012 Fiat?. From the relay in the fuse box or the starter can be interrupted due to weak key fob is... Its solenoid relies on the road once a week for at least 30 minutes care and following... And then repeat rodent damage can usually be seen quickly by looking into the engine, not!