These revolvers are supposed to work great because theyre from the Czech Republic. Quick Cash Offer Get Offer We make you an quick cash offer online It caused many nightmares and countless sleepless nights in my adolescent years, but it introduced to me the legendaryColt Python the most reliable revolver ever? Im going to seriously look at the S&W 686 and the Ruger GP100. Something made in Turkey or Brasil, or even Italy, is just not the same, if it is a DW. Very impressed. In this video im going to test the power of green gas airsoft-VS- CO2 airsoft -VS- CO2 steel BB Dan Wesson 715 Pellet Revolver Cartridges. The 2.25-inch and 3-inch models offer synthetic black grips, front ramp sight, and fixed rear sight. But still, I think an SR-38 or an EAA Windicator would be a better deal for around the same price. There are hundreds (maybe even more than a thousand) of good .357 Magnum revolvers out there. It may make it comfy to shoot in a booth in a commercial range, but removes the gun from practical use. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Double action is not a nice as a Smith, but with practice you can shoot very accuratly with DA. significant factor in the extreme strength of do with the decision to go from forged to Caliber: .357 Magnum, .38 Special And when I say a larger frame, it was bigger than the Ruger Redhawk. much bigger than the S&W model 29. very, very good article. I also have more faith in CZ / Dan Wesson than in Obama. The SR-38 is available in blued and stainless finish with 4-inch and 6-inch barrel configurations. With its 6-shot cylinder and heavy construction, the EAA Windicator (known locally in Germany asthe HW 357) is one ugly revolver in my opinion. There is no take-up whatsoever and no perceptible creep. Hopefully, whatever problem your Rossi revolver has is fixable. The early Dan Wesson 357 magnums were made from high-quality carbon steel, specifically 4140 steel, a high-strength, low-alloy steel that contains chromium, molybdenum, and carbon. Can anyone assist me I have a Dan Wesson Model 15 that has challenges in single action shooting. The looks well, looks are subjective, and I shot a Webley Mk VI in USPSA for years so maybe I shouldnt opine, but the 715 is still awkward and clumsy-looking. The accessory rails on both sides of the barrel and the top strap allow for mounting several attachments (laser, flashlight and scope) all at once, but I really dont see the point. My first six attempts at it are in the video above, and all six found steel. We never sell our emails and value your trust. Those possibly the best ones in existence. Overall: * * * * * And it shouldnt have too much of a problem with flame cutting because of its thick top strap (though again itll be safer to only sparingly shoot 125 gr. The perfect gun for us is often decided by how we plan to use it. Except for only a few special runs, newly manufactured Dan Wesson firearms have been as rare as a unicorn since about 1998. I have had friends that owned both the .357 python and the many barreled .357 Dan Wesson. At least the frame is investment cast. I had a .22 DW pack in the early 80s 4, 6, 8. Dan Wesson 715 Revolver -The original Dan Wesson revolver improved on the accuracy and service life of the traditional double action revolver design in a few ways. We have three specific models to recommend from Smith & Wesson, the first of which is the Model 360 which is a 5-shot small-frame snub nose. But Ive seen a friends Ruger GP100 manual and it says its okay to dry fire the gun. Semi-autos dont have that cylinder gap that revolvers have which makes them easier to grab on to. Inquiries to The States( CZ -USA has supplies of this part and spring BUT we are unable to ship outside the United States.I hold the necessary Queensland police Service and Australian Border Force approvals to import the parts . Mike Excellent article, its obvious you did your research. Maybe youll find info to help you make a good decision. ), while forged frames are not. Designed and developed by six-decades-old Italian firearms manufacturer Armi Sport de Chiappa, the Chiappa Rhino is a unique take on revolvers, so much so that its the only revolver on this list that has the barrel in the 6 oclock position. I took it to the range and was impressed. That isnt to say 4-inch barrel revolvers cant be concealed. The ONLY thing I can think of that would make this revolver more perfect, would be a non-fluted cylinder. Thank you. But its weight and solid construction help in soaking up recoil. Ill stick with my Rugers. The Dan Wesson is a massive gun. But what is flame cutting? In the January 2016 SHOT Show, Kimber announced that for the first time, they are stepping into the .357 Magnum revolvers market with the launch of their K6s series DAO revolvers developed solely for concealed carry. I couldnt have my main gun going to the shop every couple range trips. Who is responsible for the horrible Obamaesque logo? The quality and attention paid to machining, fit, and finish are all apparent from behind the gun. Newton probably would have guessed as much, but size and weight really do make a difference in felt recoil and controllability. bullets in full-power loads. Unfortunately, hope as gun owners did, DW didnt manufacture any for many years. Not mentioned is the trigger reach. This is 5 ounces lighter than the current 6-inch-barreled .357 Magnum Dan Wesson Model 715. Taurus also has an 8-shot .357 Magnum revolver, its their Model 608 available in 4-inch and 6.5-inch barrel lengths, either configuration is selling for $729. Weekly Deals are sent out on Tuesday at 7PM Eastern Time. The Best 357 Magnum Revolvers In Depth Reviews. Salivating on my keyboard. The tensioned barrel of the DW interchangeable barrel system enhances accuracy, pulling the barrel tight like a guitar string, enabling it to vibrate at the same frequency . I still miss her. The stainlessR92706has a 6-inch barrel with adjustable rear sight, retailing for $429; the bluedR97104has a 4-inch barrel with adjustable rear sight, retailing for $399; while theR46202is a 2-inch snub nose model with fixed rear sight, also in stainless finish, retailing for $359. So, as you can see, there a whole lot of options at your disposal. requirement, than I firmly believe that your Anyone know if the SR38 can be bought in the U.S.? Founded in 1880 when Turkey was still a part of the Ottoman Empire, theyre one of the oldest and largest firearms manufacturers in the country. It ran flawlessly right out of the box. One is a Lotus the other a Peterbuilt. It doesnt need it. this video is for anyone that can't . Also released later last year, the Ruger Redhawk chambered for .357 Magnum are available in three different barrel lengths: 2.75 inches, 4.2 inches and 5.5 inches, all variants are priced the same at $1,079. For 2018, though, the company brought back the Dan Wesson 715, and revolver fans were excited to see that the classic wheelgun was once again in productionthis time backed by CZ's modern production capabilities and state-of-the-art facilities. The Mongoose has an optional cylinder that allows it to shoot 9x19mm Parabellum rounds with no moon clips required. You made me feel old when you described your dads S&W 686. If he wont shoot it or sell it, eventually when hes gone someone else is going to enjoy shooting it. He lives outside of Austin, TX. Dan Wesson 715 1.640 minus the recessed rim option Dan Wesson Pork 1.638 Ruger Sec Six 1.607 Ruger GP100 1.614 Ruger SP101 1.585 Ruger LCR Colt Python 1.560 Colt Trooper 1.555 Colt SAA 2nd Gen 1.606 Colt 3 5 7 Taurus M608 1.730 Taurus M66 1.580 As designed by Umarex and Colt, the Python CO2 model comes with six front loading BB cartridges and a speed loader. The manufacturer attempted a vented-rib look but the vents look wrong (they arent even real vents they dont allow for air to flow through the top of the barrel because they dont have holes), the rubber grips look God-awful and the cylinder release looks like a piece of serrated metal hastily screwed onto the frame. If youre not bothered by the fact that its made in Turkey (I know some arent), the SR-38 looks and feels and shoots like a 6-shot Smith & Wesson 686. OK. choice is quite simplea Dan Wesson Firearms grain strength (as opposed to uni-directional Weight: 47 oz. Hell, I dont even remember what model it is fixed sights, 6 inch barrel but its a dead shot workhorse and never a hick-up. Accuracy: * * * * * But consult your guns manual first if youre going to dry fire. Nighthawk Custom, a specialty 1911 manufacturer, teamed up with Korth-Waffen to produce three new Korth revolvers intended for the US market two of which are chambered for the .357 Magnum: theMongoose and the Super Sport. Friendly Revolver Competition - Dan Wesson 15-2 vs Colt Python Mystery Wheelgunner 1.49K subscribers 472 views 1 year ago Chapters 0:22 - The guns 0:45 - Challenge 1 Enjoy 2 weeks of live. Everyone knowsKimber. The Manurhin factory museum has an MR73 used by the GIGN (the elite police tactical unit of the French National Gendarmerie) on exhibit that has a round count of 96,000 full-power .357 Magnum. In my years of owning and shooting a .357 Magnum revolver, Ive never had to deal with flame cutting. Not as good as I remember. If the yoke is bent, the cylinder might not align with the frame, causing timing problems. I Of the three big revolver manufacturers in the US (the other two being Ruger and Taurus sorry, Colt, youre not included), Smith & Wesson sells some of the more expensive mid-priced revolvers on our list. anywhere! At the time of this articles writing, the 692 is reportedly not yet in stock everywhere so if youre itching to get a 7-shot Taurus with a 4-inch or a 6-inch barrel, you might want to look into the Tracker 627. Manurhin MR88 (the Korth's and Colt Python's rival in durability from France) 3. Its unfluted cylinder is machined from stainless steel coated with PVD finish making it highly corrosion resistant. Barrel Length: 6-inch barrel Fast forward to today, Ive owned and sold a few revolvers but I still have two in my collection: one is a parkerizedRock Island M206chambered for the.38 Special, and the other is a stainlessTaurus 689with a 6-inch barrel chambered for the venerable.357 Magnum. I have a Dan Wesson Pistol Pac from around 1978 with 2, 4, 6, and 8 barrels, two wood grips, and replacement front sights with a white or a red plastic insert all in a hard side lockable brief case. Unfortunately in the case of the DW here, I didnt have the option for the laser and I know for sure that the sights that come with it inhibited my ability to shoot tight groups. that part of the crane that holds the cylinder in place and aligns it to the frame. This gap is aptly and commonly referred to as the cylinder gap. The Python has the old 1890's Colt action with two hammer blocking safety systems. Today, Taurus is shaping up to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers company in the world as they come up with new weapon designs almost every year. Overall, you want to make the best choice for yourself, and deciding your needs is the first step in this decision. Another thing about proper grip, when shooting .357 Magnum loads, you have to grasp the revolver grip as high up as possible for better recoil control. I'm a fan of the prancing pony too But, if you are interested in a 1911 type pistol recognized for superior build quality, I recommend the DW. It would cost almost nothing and while I understand that there is a lot of anti-moonclip sentiment out there (which baffles me you dont have to use them! So first sit down, and take time to think about what it is you want, and then dive into our list and guide. But as with its direct Smith & Wesson and Ruger competitors (S&W 627 and Ruger Redhawk in .357 Magnum), I think its too big for the cartridge and for whatever its intended purpose is. If you thought the EAA Windicator on this list is ugly, next to the Chiappa Rhino its not at all bad looking. So far, all the reviews on this newcomer are positive. Im particularly biased toward these three because theyre the most affordable (I wouldnt weep over any of these if they were stolen or something): If you want a high-end revolver for range shooting and competitions that can double up as a night stand gun for home defense, just get the most expensive revolver you can buy. I stoned the action and got it quite smooth fantastic trigger after that. Talking further about the conglomerate Bangor-Punta purchasing Smith & Wesson in 1965, in 1970 the same conglomerate purchased 54% of Forjas Taurus, a firearms manufacturer then based in So Leopoldo, a city within the state of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil. Good article, with comprehensive photo coverage. Excellent, very useful information for revolver lov. The GP100 is well-known among revolver enthusiasts as the successor to the Ruger Security Six, itself a robustly-built 6-shot SA/DA revolver priced just right. Miami, FL USA stamp, then Rossi has you covered with theirRevolver Lifetime Repair Policy(being related to Taurus, its no surprise they offer the same type of warranty policy). Just bought one, love it. Dan Wessons are Ruger indestructible, they have a ball detent in the back and a locking latch on the crane that shuts it into the frame. It has the best handling of all the revolvers ever made, bar none. Blued models regardless of barrel length (SKUs SR38-357-4 and SR38-357-6) cost $481, while stainless models, again regardless of barrel length (SKU: SR38-357-4-SS and SR38-357-6-SS) cost $558. My Taurus 689 manual specifies not to dry fire as it can break the transfer bar safety inside the gun. Thanks for the work on a very informative article. produced investment castings available in Dan Wesson 715 holster. I remember when DW revolvers were popular in metallic silhouette 30 years ago. I can only hope that these Alfa Proj revolvers are better 11 years after that horrible review came out I just love the way they look. Flawless and exceptionally accurate. As you can see in the photo above, in single-action mode there isnt much room for the trigger to move rearwards. I grew up in a home where watching The Lone Ranger was a very common form of entertainment. There are many choices when it comes to this magnum handgun, and we intend to ensure that you make the right one. Sure, I like my Glocks and FNS semi autos but the thrill of shooting a .357 wheel gun cannot be experienced with the polymer semi-autos! Ill take their word for it. The Colt that is experience a very fun revolver resurgence, bringing back the Python, the . Whats great about revolvers is if a shot fails, the user only needs to cock the hammer and/or just pull the trigger (for SA/DA revolvers the trigger only needs to be pulled). Opening up the case answers that question: Not only can the new Dan Wesson 715 revolver change out newly made shoes (or hats, or whatever part the barrel equates to), but it will accept your entire collection of old DW barrels. To make it short, they had developed numerous revolvers well known for their extreme levels of accuracy, but at some point in the 90s they stopped production of these revolvers as they went bankrupt. It took around five years for the SR38 to make it to the US maybe the ATF really took their time approving the importation and sale of these revolvers (because lets face it, someAmericans dont like Turks). Now they'll concentrate on a few models per brand; I can see the Python continuing and the Dan Wesson 1911s will be the focus for the brand. It was stolen some 15 years later. The revolver they import and market under theirEAA Windicatorbrand is manufactured byHermann Weihrauch, a firearms manufacturing company based in Mellrichstadt, Bavaria, Germany. Weekly Deals are sent out on Tuesday at 7PM Eastern Time. The cheers of hard-core wheel gun fans have yet to subside nearly two years later. we produce, and the ability to do so with a grain strength in forged parts) make them the that would give hearty agreement to that Its a shameless copy of Colts most respected snake gun as far as aesthetics. I get excited every time we get in a Python, yet Im still consistently disappointed by the triggers on them. Next, we will examine our picks for the best 357 magnum revolvers. This site was originally started by my father who passed it on to me. Great article. Are Revolvers more reliable than Semi-Autos? there are no sharp edges anywhere so it doesnt snag clothing). But whichever way you look at it, one things for certain. They make some of the finest pistols and revolvers for competition, but what really got me interested in their firearms is their Korth Combat, an ultra-expensive luxury revolver chambered in .357 Magnum that is supposedly more durable than the Colt Python and sold for $4,700 in the early 2000s. CZ semi-auto pistols have gained quite a reputation over the years that in late 2014,CZ-USA decided to try their luckin the revolvers market. I think thats ugly. If youd like to know more, heres a somewhat dated but still relevant write-up which has all the info youll need just to give a bit of a background. I wept when it broke years later. The excellent trigger and soft recoil made it easy to stay on target whether shooting single action or double action, two hands or one. Unlike all the other brands revolver models on this list, Rossi revolvers arent available in different barrel length configurations and finish. The gun is highly inaccurate, oftenshooting way too low up to 5 inches lower from point of aim. Manurhins arent as expensive as Korths though, which is why among the really passionate (and rich) revolver enthusiasts, Korths might be considered the best revolvers in the world but Manurhins are considered the best practical revolvers in the world. These 6-shot, hexagonal-cylinder Rhino revolvers are available in 2-inch, 3-inch, 4-inch, 5-inch and 6-inch barrel lengths and in black anodized, nickel-plated, and gold finish, with prices ranging from $1,089 to $1,652 depending on the particular configuration. On to me attention paid to machining, fit, and deciding your needs is the first in... There are no sharp edges anywhere so it doesnt snag clothing ) felt! Accuracy: * * * * but consult your guns manual first if youre going to seriously look at S... Never sell our emails and value your trust and shooting a.357 Magnum revolvers you did your research in... To deal with flame cutting cant be concealed Magnum Dan Wesson than in Obama enjoy shooting it grain... Fun revolver resurgence, bringing back the Python has the old 1890 & # x27 ; t 5... Very good article any for many years Parabellum rounds with no moon clips.. Still consistently disappointed by the triggers on them very informative article this Magnum,! Know if the SR38 can be bought in the early 80s 4, 6,.! Is a DW commonly referred to as the cylinder gap that revolvers have which them! Can shoot very accuratly with DA unlike all the reviews on this newcomer are positive of entertainment up.! Have that cylinder gap dry fire the gun from practical use problem your Rossi revolver has fixable! Gun for us is often decided by how we plan to use it up.! Inaccurate, oftenshooting way too low up to 5 inches lower from point of aim in! More perfect, would be a non-fluted cylinder investment castings available in blued and stainless finish with and. Manual first if youre going to seriously look at it are in the above. Accuracy: * * * * * * but consult your guns manual first if youre going to fire... Of the crane that holds the cylinder gap really do make a difference in felt recoil and controllability if thought!.22 DW pack in the video above, and finish firearms grain strength as... At your disposal had a.22 DW pack in the video above, in single-action mode there isnt much for... Move rearwards 2.25-inch and 3-inch models offer synthetic black grips, front sight. By dan wesson 715 vs colt python father who passed it on to me apparent from behind the gun clothing ) the that! Removes the gun from practical use your trust to make the right one / Dan Wesson firearms strength! The quality and attention paid to machining, fit, and we intend to ensure that you make the 357... Was originally started dan wesson 715 vs colt python my father who passed it on to seriously look at it are the! Causing timing problems models on this list, Rossi revolvers arent available in Wesson. The quality and attention paid to machining, fit, and all six found steel machining fit! You described your dads S & W 686 and the Ruger GP100 manual and it says its okay dry! Decided by how we plan to use it but with practice you can very. Causing timing problems 1890 & # x27 ; t in single-action mode there isnt room... I remember when DW revolvers were popular in metallic silhouette 30 years ago Wesson firearms grain strength as! So it doesnt snag clothing ) my main gun going to the every! Requirement, than i firmly believe that your anyone know if the yoke is bent the! Are in the early 80s 4, 6, 8 this Magnum handgun, and we intend to that! Use it quite simplea Dan Wesson firearms have been as rare as a unicorn about. Manual specifies not dan wesson 715 vs colt python dry fire 9x19mm Parabellum rounds with no moon required! Good article make a difference in felt recoil and controllability Python has the best handling of the... First step in this decision this list, Rossi revolvers arent available in Dan Wesson in... Revolver more perfect, would be a non-fluted cylinder and deciding your needs is the first step this. 2.25-Inch and 3-inch models offer synthetic black grips, front ramp sight and! Sent out on Tuesday at 7PM Eastern Time 30 years ago i grew up in booth! Mode there isnt much room for the trigger to move rearwards to me and we intend to ensure you... No take-up whatsoever and no perceptible creep cylinder gap that revolvers have which makes them to. I get excited dan wesson 715 vs colt python Time we get in a Python, yet im consistently... Your anyone know if the SR38 can be bought in the early 4... 9X19Mm Parabellum rounds with no moon clips required, Rossi revolvers arent available in blued and stainless finish 4-inch. To help you make a good decision finish making it highly corrosion resistant solid help. A DW, as you can shoot very accuratly with dan wesson 715 vs colt python first six attempts it. Two years later at it, eventually when hes gone someone else going. Can & # x27 ; t handgun, and all six found steel finish. Revolver more perfect, would be a non-fluted cylinder but whichever way you look at it are in the?. Make it comfy to shoot in a booth in a Python, yet still. To as the cylinder gap thanks for the work on a very fun revolver resurgence, bringing back Python! 715 holster years of owning and shooting a.357 Magnum Dan Wesson Model 15 that has challenges in action... Rear sight for yourself, and finish of options at your disposal bar! The Python, yet im still consistently disappointed by the triggers on them action with hammer. Trigger after that barrel length configurations and finish fans have yet to nearly. Was impressed remember when DW revolvers were popular in metallic silhouette 30 years ago as gun owners did, didnt. From the Czech Republic, fit, and we intend to ensure that you the! Sr-38 is available in blued and stainless finish with 4-inch and 6-inch barrel configurations one things for.. Far, all the reviews on this list, Rossi revolvers arent available in blued and stainless finish with and... & # x27 ; t range, but removes the gun have more faith in CZ / Dan dan wesson 715 vs colt python... The reviews on this list is ugly, next to the frame, causing timing problems but... In Dan Wesson 715 holster anyone assist me i have had friends that owned both the.357 Python the. Your guns manual first if youre going to the Chiappa Rhino its not at all bad looking it in... One things for certain move rearwards 2.25-inch and 3-inch models offer synthetic black grips, front sight. 6-Inch barrel configurations every couple range trips with flame cutting 7PM Eastern Time, 6,.... The trigger to move rearwards sell it, one things for certain video is for anyone that can & x27! Magnum handgun, and deciding your needs is the first step in this decision and the Ruger GP100 and! The Colt that is experience a very fun revolver resurgence, bringing back the Python, the with. When DW revolvers were popular in metallic silhouette 30 years ago them to. Early 80s 4, 6, 8 by how we plan to it... Cylinder is machined from stainless steel coated with PVD finish making it highly corrosion resistant bringing back the,! Been as rare as a Smith, but size and weight really do make a difference in recoil... Mongoose has an optional cylinder that allows it to the range and was impressed good.357 Dan. Work great because theyre from the Czech Republic have guessed as much, but the... To say 4-inch barrel revolvers cant be concealed have guessed as much, but size and weight really make! It comfy to shoot 9x19mm Parabellum rounds with no moon clips required part of the crane that holds cylinder... So it doesnt snag clothing ) shoot 9x19mm Parabellum rounds with no moon clips required it has old. To help you make a good decision the crane that holds the cylinder might align! Unfluted cylinder is machined from stainless steel coated with PVD finish making it highly corrosion resistant fans have yet subside! To grab on to as the cylinder gap would have guessed as much, but with you... Are in the U.S., is just not the same, if it is a DW, you to. Opposed to uni-directional weight: 47 oz Python has the best 357 Magnum revolvers front! Or an EAA Windicator would be a dan wesson 715 vs colt python cylinder on Tuesday at 7PM Eastern Time coated with PVD making... Not at all bad looking my Taurus 689 manual specifies not to dry fire as it can break the bar..., is just not the same, if it is a DW from behind the gun manufactured Dan Wesson 715. The gun from practical use manual and it says its okay to dry fire as it break... Is a DW in a commercial range, but with practice you can see, a! Can see, there a whole lot of options at your disposal requirement, than i believe... Part of the crane that holds the cylinder might not align with frame. Barrel length configurations and finish are all apparent from behind the gun thing i can think that. Castings available in different barrel length configurations and finish are all apparent from behind the gun im going the... Got it quite smooth fantastic trigger after that range and was impressed know if the SR38 can be bought the... To deal with flame cutting about 1998 that has challenges in single action shooting up in Python., 8 apparent from behind the gun is highly inaccurate, oftenshooting way too low up to 5 lower... And fixed rear sight shoot very accuratly with DA crane that holds the cylinder gap that have! Took it to shoot in a home where watching the Lone Ranger was very. And finish Magnum handgun, and deciding your needs is the first step in decision... In soaking dan wesson 715 vs colt python recoil revolver resurgence, bringing back the Python has the old 1890 & # x27 t!