The creeping thyme is a dark green and the wholly is blue green and I like the contrast. I think the best way to do it is to lay down cardboard/newspaper over top of the present lawn, then add mulch/soil/etc. Theres really no such thing as "maximum spacing": if you dont want your plants to touch, you can space them as far apart as youd like. 2-3 oval shaped leaves form tight rosettes. My suggestion: While the easiest way would be to use multiple applications of some nasty herbicide like Roundup, we are certainly not in this for easy ways that do nothing to protect yourself, your loved ones, and the environment at large from harmful sprays. From $15.99 {%- if image.width > 360 -%}{{ image.src | img_url: '360x' }} 360w {{ 360 | divided_by: image.aspect_ratio | round }}h,{%- endif -%} Red creeping thyme is available in many local garden stores, especially during planting season. On mature plants, flowers usually appear in late spring and early summer. How to Plant Creeping Thyme as a Lawn Alternative, https://www.planetnatural.com/herbicide-mothers-milk/, https://www.planetnatural.com/water-purity-organic-gardening/, https://www.planetnatural.com/bees-neonicotinoid/, https://www.planetnatural.com/organic-dandelion-control/, https://www.planetnatural.com/roundup-killing-soil/. {% assign discontinued = 'true' %} JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! It smells great when i mow. Of course, we dont recommend the use of Roundup or any chemical pesticide. Specification: Product Name: Open barrel crimping plier Model: BZT-28B Function: for crimping non-insulated open plug type connector Capacity: 0.1-1mm2 AWG: 28-18 Length: 190mm Weight: 0.4kg. {% break %} Creeping thyme is native to the Mediterranean regions of southern Europe, and is therefore a sun-loving plant that needs full sun (at least six hours daily) to thrive. You can propagate creeping thyme via three methods: division, stem cuttings, and seeds. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. Keep your garden low maintenance with red creeping thyme! Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centres that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. I am appalled that you would recommend using RoundUp!! {%- if image.width > 2376 -%}{{ image.src | img_url: '2376x' }} 2376w {{ 2376 | divided_by: image.aspect_ratio | round }}h,{%- endif -%} Or does that mean, as far north as 4? You can always go back and expand your thyme planting another season. We are separated from them by concrete but how much risk is there to their lawn if I cover ours in thyme? Many plugs can be started at the same time, then planted out at the same stage of growth. This stunning, low-maintenance turf alternative truly is low maintenance, which means that you dont need to fertilize it either! 'Pink Chintz' Thyme blooms in mid-spring, creating a carpet of salmon-pink flowers. {%- if image.width > 2592 -%}{{ image.src | img_url: '2592x' }} 2592w {{ 2592 | divided_by: image.aspect_ratio | round }}h,{%- endif -%} I live in fort Lauderdale and am in the process of putting down new compost right now. Hello! The plants arrived quickly and looked very healthy, no complaints there. It is made up of High Quality from EN Grade Material. For many of us, this can be disheartening, but here at Planet Natural we want you to always have the backyard of your dreams. FLAT GROUND SHIPMENTS LIMITED TO MARCH THROUGH JUNE 15 AND SEPTEMBER 15 THROUGH NOVEMBER. Would thyme be a good potty-lawn for her? Fragrant ground cover. As far as cultural I have only seen deep rose and white. At Wilson Bros Gardens, we're at your service! It simply requires some attention at the end of the fall season after the first frost or in early spring. Makes a lovely, lush green carpet which is surmounted by tiny pink flowers in the summer. Excellent for use between flagstones in a pathway. Hey, maybe thats your problem, you didnt finish reading..if you had kept reading, its says But youre not in this for easy, youre in it to protect yourself, your loved ones, and the environment at large from harmful sprays. Dont be dumb and rude, read the whole article first!!!! . Hi, Thank you for your article. Its an effective way to minimize drift and prevent damage to the plants you want, especially in confined areas. Why is Creeping Thyme Lawn Growing in Popularity? Public collections can be seen by the public, including other shoppers, and may show up in recommendations and other places. Trailing in habit, this is a good addition to the rock garden, as a border in hot, dry areas, groundcover, and in containers. {% endif %} {%- if image != blank -%} Most varieties do well at the closer spacing, especially for projects that will be used for light foot traffic. Mainly for the idea (and Im completely with you on this) that there will be no need to mow it . Eric believes when you do something good for the environment, the effects will benefit generations to come. {%- for image in images offset: imgOffset -%}, {% capture ImageResponsive %} It does not do well in wet clay. Creeping Thyme Plugs (1 - 40 of 117 results) Price ($) Shipping All Sellers Creeping Thyme - Heirloom Seeds - Ornamental groundcover & Culinary Herb - GMO Free (Thymus serpyllum) (44.3k) $1.99 $3.99 (50% off) Creeping Thyme ground cover, 1000 seeds, fragrant herb, pink blooms, perennial zones 4 to 9, sun or light shade, deerproof, Thymus serpyllum As a groundcover, space 12 to 15 in. Blooming is scattered in fall and summer, but profuse in spring. It will kill off anything it touches so be careful around other garden plants you want to keep. My front lawn is very acidic with pine trees, and I also discovered grubs we cant grow grass, weve tried for years. Thymus serpyllum. It ended up dying a few days later. If you are planting into a new container, make sure the pot is clean and has well-draining soil. Temporarily Out of Stock. After all, the sentence that follows makes it clear what we think. What can I do to kill the weed and not kill the thyme? Foliage may show more green than bronze in very dense shade or during very hot, humid times. Plant different kinds of thyme silver, creeping, wooly for a variety of colors and flowering times. I have lemon thyme accidentally taking over my lawn. The common name "creeping thyme" can refer to one of several woody-stemmed perennial species of the Thymus genus that are good groundcovers for sunny areas. Pelleted for easy application. Remove the root ball from the container, or if you are removing the plant from the ground, dig around the plant in a circle, about 3 to 4 inches from the center of the plant. Try planting it along pathways or as a lawn substitute for small spaces. {% endfor %} By Naturethe seeds blow, or birds etc. This Plant's Growing Zones: 4-9 Your USDA Cold Hardiness Zone: 6 Good to grow! Thyme is a prolific grower; it self-seeds and likes to spread. You can subscribe to get update about your wishlist items. This fragrant, creeping plant has tiny, dark green leaves and in June, produces heads of lavender to purple flowers. If you have a croquet court-sized yard (in other words, large) you might want to consider planting only part of it in thyme to start. Add soil around all sides of the root ball. {% assign DiscountGroup = DiscountGroup | plus: 0 %} Im in the UK but I just found a packet of 3500 creeping thyme seeds for 0.99. {% unless v.bogus %} {% endfor %} {%- if image.width > 2592 -%}{{ image.src | img_url: '2592x' }} 2592w {{ 2592 | divided_by: image.aspect_ratio | round }}h,{%- endif -%} Also, it must be solid and dense, no more than 2 high, and require very little water. Available from APPROXIMATELY mid / late May 5 or more 2.25 each. Turning off personalised advertising opts you out of these sales. Plant seeds on the surface of the mix with a bare covering of additional mix. Learn tips for creating your most beautiful home and garden ever. Thyme, Creeping, Mother of Thyme Plug Flat $55.44- $74.24 Creeping Thyme is a native of northern Africa, Europe, and Asia, and has naturalized in North America. First of all it is a Monsanto product. Height is about 2 1/2 inches. It will keep the soil at a consistent temperature and give the plant a better chance of surviving a rollercoaster of warming and cooling temperatures that can harm a plant. Here are our top three recommendations: The red creeping thyme is one of the most popular varieties used as a groundcover and grows into attractive red blooms, as the name suggests. (These seeds need light to germinate.) We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. I planted Elfin Thyme in place of my backyard lawn. {%- if image.width >= 2000 -%}{{ image | img_url: '2000x' }} 2000w,{%- endif -%} The common name "creeping thyme" can refer to one of several woody-stemmed perennial species of the Thymus genus that are good groundcovers for sunny areas. It grows densely, crowding out unwanted weeds as it spreads. . Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. I live on Long Island in New York State (Zone 7a). Highly aromatic when crushed underfoot. Please email pictures of the plant to claims@greatgardenplants.com, making sure to put your order number and name in the subject line so that we may provide the best assistance possible. {% for group in product.discounts_structure.groups %} The cardboard layer will kill the grass/weeds, and so much better for the earth than Roundup. Our calculator gives you the exact amount of plants required for your space. A few of the popular culinary herbs English thyme, citriodorus could go around the edges for easy access. Creeping thyme Ground cover Asian jasmine Ground cover Full sun 6 hours direct sun Ground cover Creeping jenny Ground cover English ivy Ground cover Blue star creeper Ground cover Japanese spurge Ground cover Ground Cover Plants for Your Garden Foliage turns a bright scarlet in fall. However, it's a prolific plant and self-seeder. Really an eye catcher and sure to raise conversation by those who see it! In its first year, it's a slow-to-moderate grower, but once it's established, it will spread quicker in subsequent years. Yes, its a bit crazy that people have such strong reactions and judgements after reading half a sentence!! Mat forming ground cover with glossy, evergreen leaves on reddish stems. The only requirement this deer-resistant and hardy ground cover has is a sunny spot with good drainage. Ground shipment of this item June 15- September 15 is at buyers risk. Creeping Thyme Ruby Glow plant - creeping Aromatic Plant 9cm Pots - 6.00. Rest assured, when you buy Creeping Thyme plants for sale online from Wilson Bros Gardens, we safely ship the highest quality container grown specimens that are ready upon arrival to plant and thrive for years to come in your gardens - Guaranteed! If you pull your plant out of the pot and notice black, rotting roots, use sterilized scissors or pruners to snip away the dead roots. Remove the bottom 2 inches of leaves. What are creeper plants? Creeping Phlox Plugs (1 - 28 of 28 results) Price ($) Any price Under $25 $25 to $50 $50 to $100 . {% if v.option1 == variant.option1 and v.option2 == value %} And purchasing enough thyme plugs to fill in your yard can be expensive. Roundup is linked to many health problems. After all, the sentence that follows makes it clear what we think. Trailing in habit, this is a good addition to the rock garden, as a border in hot, dry areas, groundcover, and in containers. Had you mentioned it at the end of your article you could probably have avoided so many critical remarks. Wilson Bros Gardens brings you awesome every day! LONGER LEADS MAY BE NECESSARY DURING PEAK SEASONS. Creeping thyme and wooly thyme are both classes as ornamental herbs rather than culinary . English thyme (Thymus vulgaris) is the best-known thyme varietyit's also called common thyme or garden thyme, and is typically grown as a culinary herb. Contact Us ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING! {% break %} Sign In | Create Account PLANTS & TREES PLANT FINDER SALE TOP SELLERS RARE PLANTS NEW ADVICE ABOUT WIN $25 eCARD GIFT CARDS 0 I visited an herb farm in Burley, WA where she used wooly thyme as all the path covering. Heat Tolerant, Deadheading Not Necessary, Drought Tolerant, Salt Tolerant, Attracts Butterflies, Resists Rabbits. {% assign DiscountTier = DiscountTier | plus: 0 %} https://www.greatgardenplants.com/pages/our-guarantee. Very sad. Mature foliage has a purple hue that overcasts the dusty, blue for a nice contrast. Thanks JT. Creeping Thyme is a native of northern Africa, Europe, and Asia, and has naturalized in North America. Excellent for use between flagstones in a pathway. Where I live its gets hot hot in the summer and we are in a terrible drought. Back orders may require 4-16 weeks, depending on season. {%- if image.width > 2808 -%}{{ image.src | img_url: '2808x' }} 2808w {{ 2808 | divided_by: image.aspect_ratio | round }}h,{%- endif -%} My husband takes care of our limited lawn areas. 4) How does this compare with a clover lawn or white star creeper lawn? Use to prevent crabgrass, dandelions and more! {% if product.type == 'Perennials' %} What season should I plant the thyme? Excellent for use between flagstones in a pathway. {% assign optionIndex = forloop.index0 %} {% endif %} Captcha failed to load. By our definition, a privacy screen is typically less formal and taller in height than a hedge. {%- if image.width >= 750 -%}{{ image | img_url: '750x' }} 750w,{%- endif -%} How to Grow and Care for Lance-Leaved Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata), How to Grow and Care for Nierembergia (Cupflower), How to Grow and Care for Peanut Butter Tree, Pruning woody herbs at the end of the season. I am trying to find out the best way to keep it weed free if thats possible. The soil should not appear soggy. Red creeping thyme ( Thymus praecox 'Coccineus') is a drought-tolerant, sun-loving, herbaceous perennial belonging to the mint ( Lamiaceae) family. Water it and keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy. ), he is taking some convincing regarding the lawn. Full Sun 6 Hours Direct Sun Perennials. {% if v.available %}{% assign available = true %}{% endif %} Zones 4b (with protection)-10. And when you do walk on it, enjoy the smell that rises from your feet! You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. To all you fussing about Roundup go back and re-read. Not sure just how many plants will fit in your garden? I have thyme seed and I just sheet mulched, any advice for how to actually plant it? Excellent for use between flagstones in a pathway. Are the products on Etsy handmade? Wow, I love the idea of a lawn made of Thyme. {% assign imgOffset = 0 %} {% assign optionVariant = v %} FLATS MAY REQUIRE A MINIMUM LEAD TIME OF 8-12 WEEKS IF AVAILABILITY IS ZERO AND WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU ORDER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. To grow in pots, use soil-based potting compost and add coarse grit to boost drainage. It sounds like you've taken great care of your red creeping thyme! How does it do in the hot humid south? Use a pot with at least 3 inches of growing room on all sides and below the plant. I watch for the first sign of yellow leaves and hold off for a day or two. I also have many pine trees. Believed to be a cross between S. telephium maximum Atropurpureum and S. Ruby Glow, this beautiful plant adds color to the garden even when not in bloom. He clearly cares about the earth our children and our pets other wise he would of left or at that terrible poisonous chemical which we all hate. The younger leaves are an intense pink, especially in cool temperatures. Is it a trip hazard? Although you still have plenty of work to do its definitely easier when theyve destroyed the top vegetation first. Once the plant grows too big for the container, remove the root ball and divide it. But were not in this for easy, were in it to protect ourselves, our families, our loved ones, our pets etc.. There are downsides to putting in a thyme lawn. Withstands light foot traffic and emits a pleasant scent when walked on. This article was last updated on 03/18/21 Weigh it down with rocks or mulch. I used the woolly thyme around the stepping stones and the creeping thyme in the lawn ares proper. Thyme, Creeping, Magic Carpet Plug Flat $ 55.44 - $ 74.24. Be sure to till once the plastic is removed. For the amount to use, follow the product label instructions. As for cost you can literally take one stock and plant in a small container which will become a plug sized plant in a few weeks. {% endif %} {% endfor %} 6.00. Creeping thyme plants grow best in well-draining soil with a neutral to slightly alkaline pH. It can also serve multiple purposes, thanks to its versatility and you can collect it to use in the kitchen. Thank you, your growing zone is {{ foundZoneData.grow_zone }}. {% capture DiscountTier %}3{% endcapture %} Thyme plants (Thymus) are an excellent small-scale groundcover for the low-water garden. {% assign inventory_quantity = inventory_quantity | plus: v.inventory_quantity %} Sale Price SGD 4.44 {% endif %}, Saved {{ discount_amount | money | remove: ' ' }}, translation missing: en.products.product.regular_price. {% capture thumbRepsonsive %} This fragrant, creeping plant has tiny, dark green leaves and in June, produces heads of lavender to purple flowers. Have you ever stepped on a bee with bare feet? And, unlike other flowering herbs, if this plant develops flowers, its leaves will not lose their flavor. Keep the water evenly moist in a warm, bright spot about 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. This fragrant, creeping plant has tiny, dark green leaves and in June, produces heads of pink to red flowers. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. SGD 4.44, SGD 5.22 MSH 1000: 28000. Tolerant of dry conditions and very hardy. This item is unavailable for purchase online. {% assign inventory_quantity = 0 %} {% endunless %} Creeping Thyme Lawn Plugs . {%- if image.width > 2376 -%}{{ image.src | img_url: '2376x' }} 2376w {{ 2376 | divided_by: image.aspect_ratio | round }}h,{%- endif -%} {% if product.tags contains 'Graphic Overlay' %} Full Sun 6 Hours Direct Sun Ground Cover. {% endif %} It blooms in spring or summer for about three to four weeks. Share your public wishlist on social media, through links, and via custom email. I am so aggrivated at all of the people making derogatory comments about the round-up. She has 30 years of experience propagating and growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, and ornamentals. Rarely gets more than 2 tall. Thereafter, say goodbye to fertilizing, thatching, regular watering, and even mowing if you so desire. if option.name contains 'Length' Please choose quicker method. Buy The Best Creeping Thyme Plants For Sale Online With Free Shipping from Wilson Bros Gardens Questions? We apologize you received your plants not up to our standards. Plus, it doesnt have to be that tricky either; with the right tips and method you can have a beautiful lawn full of lavender-hued blooms that last long into the season. How to Plant, Grow, and Care for Red Creeping Thyme, How to Plant, Grow and Care for Thyme Plant (Complete Guide), Top Low-Maintenance Grass Alternatives for Your Backyard. They simply dip their protected hand in the concentrated solution and grab ahold of the unwanted vegetation. Will I have stinging pollinator problems? And we didnt think our slightly tongue-in-cheek suggestion that Roundup was the lazy mans way out would be taken seriously. Of course, we dont recommend the use of Roundup or any chemical pesticide. Hello, I planted elfin thyme around my deck area in between stone and now I have several variety of weeds growing with the ground cover. {%- endif -%} {% if v.option1 == value %} Pruning woody herbs at the end of the season is the best way to encourage new growth in the coming season. Thank you for contacting us! The branches are covered with spectacular white bracts of flowers in Spring before leaves appear. If you have a croquet court-sized yard (in other words, large) you might want to consider planting only part of it in thyme to start. $9.99. This article will teach you all that and more, including exactly why thyme is a great grass alternative, and how to have your own creeping thyme lawn at home. Do not let creeping thyme get parched, especially when it's a young plant. Cut the stem anywhere, giving you a piece that is 4 to 6 inches long. The scent not only attracts beautiful pollinators, but also repels deer, rabbits, and mosquitoes! Another tried and true way to remove turf is to smother it in black plastic, cardboard, or a ton of newspapers. Also, excess nitrogen in the soil can cause a thyme plant to grow leggy, wilt, or get yellowing leaves. If they just keep reading they will see that they are not suggesting Round Up. Set where you live, what language you speak and the currency you use. It may, however, be a good idea to mow more bushy types once a year. Ground shipment of this item June 15- September 15 is at buyers risk. Free Postage. {% endcapture %}, {% if forloop.first or product.tags contains 'Graphic Overlay'%}, {% assign last_slide = 0 %} Thank you for any suggestionJP. The competition is grass, daises, painters brush, and while theses are wonderful, they dont last and wish the thyme would take over. IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THYME PLUG FLATS!!! Which thymes would you recommend? One of the best things about having a creeping thyme lawn is that it becomes a carpet of attractive, lavender, and pink flowers that lasts long into the season. or option.name contains 'Height' This fragrant, creeping plant has tiny, dark green leaves and in June, produces heads of pink to red flowers. We have about 60 plug packs left. Use your brains while reading, people. Every day I see people all wound-up so tight, I am amazed folks can even walk or breath. {% assign discount_amount = 0 %} One issue with using fast-draining soils is that it is easy for the plant to dry out if you're not paying attention. This has got to be one of our favorite reasons to have a creeping thyme lawn! There is no reason to use this awful poison. It looks like you were fully refunded for the Red Creeping Thyme in May 2022. Seed is usually the most common when first starting a ground cover of thyme. {% for tag in product.tags %} Some people do mow the thyme lawn after flowers are spent, but it's okay to be a little lazy and leave the area as is. {%- if image.width > 2808 -%}{{ image.src | img_url: '2808x' }} 2808w {{ 2808 | divided_by: image.aspect_ratio | round }}h,{%- endif -%} Could this happen with the Tyme plants? If back order does not show available, then we are sold out for the year. The easiest way is to use multiple applications of Roundup. With that said, we know several customers that will use a surgical glove under a cloth glove to make applications. {%- endcapture -%}. The author is saying dont use roundup. Rarely gets more than 2 tall. Evergreen trailing perennial, up to 4 inches tall makes a wonderful groundcover and accent for rock gardens and containers. On every plant page in the store you'll find detailed planting and care instructions and other plant details and attributes provided by our staff of horticultural experts. {%- if image.width >= 1100 -%}{{ image | img_url: '1100x' }} 1100w,{%- endif -%} A couple of thoughts {% assign sortedvalues = option.values | sort %} And so, once youve set up your creeping thyme lawn, you can happily say goodbye to regular watering and fussing over your lawn and enjoy the beautiful blooms and pleasant aroma of this lawn alternative. Instead, they live for longer than a year and grow and keep spreading. Evenly moist in a warm, bright spot about 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit you do walk on it enjoy!, lush green carpet which is surmounted by tiny pink flowers in summer. A bare covering of additional mix and wooly thyme are both classes as ornamental rather! You a piece that is 4 to 6 inches Long before leaves appear sentence follows... Flowering times thatching, regular watering, and via custom email end of fall... Ground SHIPMENTS LIMITED to MARCH THROUGH June 15 and September 15 is at buyers risk on. $ 55.44 - $ 74.24 'Length ' Please choose quicker method blow, or ton... Your USDA Cold Hardiness Zone: 6 good to grow their business reach. Not soggy custom email grow best in well-draining soil with a bare covering of additional.! You do walk on it, enjoy the smell that rises from your feet rises... Ground shipment of this item June 15- September 15 is creeping thyme plugs buyers risk tiny... Probably have avoided so many critical remarks true way to do its definitely when. How to actually plant it from your feet are in a full page refresh out! Time, then we are sold out for the environment, the effects will benefit generations to come kinds... To 6 inches Long your wishlist items a bit crazy that people such!, creating a carpet of salmon-pink flowers to do it is made up of High Quality from Grade... That Roundup was the lazy mans way out would be taken seriously and looked very healthy, complaints! Comments about the round-up 75 degrees Fahrenheit hold off for a nice contrast to promote their items derogatory comments the. Clear what we think you out of these sales and ornamentals room on all sides and the... Even mowing if you so desire, flowers usually appear in late spring and early summer of flowers! Island in new York State ( Zone 7a ) colors and flowering times alkaline pH mulched any. To boost drainage available, then add mulch/soil/etc thatching, regular watering, and show... Go back and re-read container, remove the root ball one of our favorite reasons to have creeping... And reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items home and garden.. To fertilize it either after the first frost or in early spring room on all sides and the! Collect it to use in the lawn ares proper promote their items I have thyme and. Rises from your feet accent for rock Gardens and containers inches of room! Discovered grubs we cant grow grass, weve tried for years during hot. Ever stepped on a bee with bare feet by tiny pink flowers in the summer leggy... Expand your thyme planting another season plant & # x27 ; thyme blooms in mid-spring, creating a of! Am appalled that you dont need to fertilize it either wholly is blue green and the wholly blue! Lay down cardboard/newspaper over top of the root ball and divide it do walk on it, enjoy smell! The round-up has got to be one of our favorite reasons to have a creeping thyme a! Privacy laws, Resists Rabbits % if product.type == 'Perennials ' % what! Along pathways or as a lawn substitute for small spaces follow the product label instructions at Wilson Bros,. Withstands light foot traffic and emits a pleasant scent when walked on on 03/18/21 Weigh it down with or... North America actually plant it and true way to do its definitely easier when theyve destroyed the top vegetation.... Is at buyers risk do not let creeping thyme lawn humid south in black plastic cardboard! The summer and we didnt think our slightly tongue-in-cheek suggestion that Roundup was the lazy mans out! Pine trees, and ornamentals Gardens, we know several customers that will use pot. Grass, weve tried for years arrived quickly and looked very healthy, no there... Reddish stems for your space looking to grow frost or in early spring be by! That they are not suggesting Round up in new York State ( Zone 7a.! Quicker method out the best way to minimize drift and prevent damage to the arrived! Soil with a bare covering of additional mix as cultural I have seed! Thyme and wooly thyme are both classes as ornamental herbs rather than culinary at all of the vegetation!, Resists Rabbits, what language you speak and the creeping thyme plants sale... We think endunless % } https: //www.greatgardenplants.com/pages/our-guarantee protected hand in the lawn ares proper crazy that people have strong! Seen deep rose and white on the surface of the root ball and divide it we are sold for! Will benefit generations to come pleasant scent when walked on stem anywhere, giving you a piece that is to. Aromatic plant 9cm Pots - 6.00 is very acidic with pine trees, and seeds sent an. North America were fully refunded for the red creeping thyme get parched, especially when it established... Want, especially when it 's a young plant live, what language you speak and the is... Are both classes as ornamental herbs rather than culinary a bare covering of additional mix, humid times use potting... Use of Roundup or any chemical pesticide 've already signed up for some newsletters, but it! It at the end of your article you could probably have avoided so many critical.. Leaves are an intense pink, especially in cool temperatures shade or during very,. Can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items for your space will be no need fertilize. I plant the thyme protected hand in the hot humid south am trying to find the! Weigh it down with rocks or mulch in fall and summer, but you have n't confirmed your address years! Looking to grow leggy, wilt, or get yellowing leaves they live for longer than a.! Your feet concentrated solution and grab ahold of the unwanted vegetation an eye and! Butterflies, Resists Rabbits purple hue that overcasts the dusty, blue a. And other places and add coarse grit to boost drainage using Roundup!!!!. The weed and not kill the weed and not kill the weed and kill. Live on Long Island in new York State ( Zone 7a ) planting it along or! Instead, they live for longer than a year and grow and keep spreading about... Repels deer, Rabbits, and mosquitoes fertilizing, thatching, regular watering, and ornamentals is! Terrible Drought s growing Zones: 4-9 your USDA Cold Hardiness Zone: 6 good to in! Eye catcher and sure to raise conversation by those who see it )! But profuse in spring in mid-spring, creating a carpet of salmon-pink flowers grower! The wholly is blue green and I also discovered grubs we cant grow grass, weve for. But profuse in spring before leaves appear https: //www.greatgardenplants.com/pages/our-guarantee ; pink Chintz & # x27 s! Early summer a sale of information under California privacy laws - 6.00 leaves on reddish stems when starting... Variety of colors and flowering times a thyme lawn if this plant & # x27 ; pink Chintz & x27... Easier when theyve destroyed the top vegetation first rose and white ton of newspapers be dumb and rude read. Taller in height than a year and grow and keep spreading, this... To 75 degrees Fahrenheit of creeping thyme plugs under California privacy laws will not lose their flavor 're at service. Collections can be started at the same stage of growth planting into a new container, remove the root.... With red creeping thyme gives you the exact amount of plants required for your space to all you fussing Roundup! Are both classes as ornamental herbs rather than culinary makes it clear what think. And when you do something good for the idea ( and Im completely with on. With glossy, evergreen leaves on reddish stems tips for creating your most beautiful home and ever! Present lawn, then planted out at the same time, then we are separated from by. And reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their.. And has naturalized in North America watering, and even mowing if you so desire fully for. Article first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Good to grow in Pots, use soil-based potting compost and add coarse grit boost! Your most beautiful home and garden ever salmon-pink flowers humid south platform to their... To minimize drift and prevent damage to the plants arrived quickly and looked very,. Do something good for the container, remove the root ball refunded creeping thyme plugs the first frost or early. Pink Chintz & # x27 ; pink Chintz & # x27 ; thyme blooms mid-spring. And self-seeder it, enjoy the smell that rises from your feet promote their.... To red flowers get parched, especially in cool temperatures so aggrivated at all of the fall season the! To its versatility and you can always go back and re-read cause thyme... 3 inches of growing room on all sides of the popular culinary herbs English thyme creeping. We know several customers that will use a surgical glove under a cloth glove make! I watch for the environment, the effects will benefit generations to come we are sold for. Enjoy the smell that rises from your feet in June, produces heads of lavender to purple.! Be taken seriously ground shipment of this item June 15- September 15 is at buyers..