While I wait for your feedback, let me tell you my favorite lesson from this story: the power of perseverance and a constant inquisitive outlook. Was bought from giordano furniture in new orleans it was made in 1957 they don't make them anymore wanting to . or Best Offer. MORE:129 ways to get a husband: Truly terrible tips from the 1950s. Fun Fact: In the 1940s and 1950s Lane dubbed its cedar chests "sweetheart chests" and advertised . Lets pick up where we left off WWII was at its zenith and our beloved company was building cedar chests for soldiers sweethearts. That said; it seems easy to remedy that problem so due to these circumstances, locks are not considered a detriment to value (Lane appraisal). 5 years ago. I recently purchased on in bad shape at an estate sale for $5 it appears to be a 1936 I am doing a restoration on it presently. A value can be figured AFTER we know if you have one that is OR is not part of this recall. How much is my Lane Cedar Chest Worth? Very good pictures will make a big difference. Will include this in an upcoming article the research starts now , We would appreciate any information you can give us on a Lane table we have in our family. Original Price $52.00 "Some chests may also have an extra digit which denotes the plant location. Here is where most of the furniture pieces were made and developed, including the bedroom and dining collections that we all drool over today. 1927 Lane Cedar Chest value. Miniature Lane cedar boxes are iconic American symbols of days-gone-by, remember when and back-in-the-day. Lane, mostly know for cedar hope chests, manufactured and distributed an estimated 27 million miniature boxes from 1925 to 2004 and their innovative Girl Graduate Plan was one of the most successful marketing programs of the 20th century. This trunk used to fetch $500. 203449 35985 STYLE NO. It took nearly twenty years to develop a strong enough glue to get the job done, but following the end of WWII Lane had achieved a moisture and warp-resistant particle plywood (lovingly called Lanewood). $876.00, $1,095.00 The style number is 44826. Weve introduced you tovintage Lane expert Chad Hilkemeier in an earlier featureand were happy to report hes joining us again to introduce his fantastic new site: Lane Cedar Box. 1950s Singer sewing machines were a triumph of vintage engineering, What old drive-in movie theaters were like in the 1950s & 60s and why they were so popular, Print Color Fun: Free coloring pages & more fun for kids, Quotes Quotes Quotes: 1000s of clever & inspiring quotations, FindersFree.com: Find answers to lifes little questions. No luck, can I buy her a cedar chest jewelry box? In the 1970s it became increasingly difficult for Lane to access addresses of young ladies. What about the overall condition of the chest? Was my mother's. Moving to a tiny home and don't have room for it. Click Buy it now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout. This is a guide about finding the value of a Lane cedar chest. Later, the hope chest was used to store babys layette. Problems quoting someone a value with a heavy item arise because the final value will depend to a great extent on where the item is located. Thank you! Beautiful 1957 Lane Cedar Chest. 949Feedbacks, Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! Materials. 1957 aroma-tight lane cedar chest in fairly good condition. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. I wish I had a list, but unfortunately Ive not been able to compile on. The main objective of the website is to bring awareness to the little cherished boxes and to connect a yet-to-be-recognized collector community. Way back when, it's what every girl wanted: A cedar-lined Lane hope chest for linens and her trousseau. All the hardware is sound and in place. 2245 53 Serial No. Serial # 353230. I have to agree with Treeman22. Because, even after four years of intense research and searching, no collector, let alone collector community, has been found. In upper-middle-class homes, giving a teen cedar chest was a longstanding tradition and practically a requirement for marriage. These were mostly sold through specific licensing deals with companies like Disney or sold directly by Lane through their dealerships and were not part of the Girl Graduate Plan. Walnut veneer with cedar lined interior. 2765190 Here are the serial and model numbers on my lane cedar chest. 2023-04-12 15:49, condition: good Style# 9 88 01 Some had hinged shelving boxes inside the chest for storing items. The first fifty years of Lanes history here in black and white for your reading pleasure. (15% off), Sale Price $340.00 Oh brother, did they know plenty! Style No. Some boxes are definitely worth more than others based on age and rarity but at this time those are not being recognized. designs on the front that make it look like it has drawers: three small ones on each left and right side and three larger ones down the center. I am not sure where some people get thier prices from. Has original, LIFT-TOP CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, Lane Furniture, LIFT TOP MAHOGANY/CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, The, MAPLE VENEERED CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, The Lane, LANE "LOVE" CEDAR LINED LOCKING CHEST WITH. Now that linens, lingerie and infants clothes are so easily bought a few days before the big event, the hope chest has outlived its usefulness. Thanks for reaching out! Astounding isnt it? Lane executives that over 27 million miniature Lane chests were made and and. Dear readers, we encourage you to check out Chads new site and become part of the unfolding story around this burgeoning collectors community. Your area may really like vintage items and may be willing to pay a good price while people in another . Welcome dear readers to the latest installment in the history of Lane furniture: 1940-1957. Forty uniquely styled pieces were there for the public to assess. - $800 . safety tips; prohibited items; product recalls; avoiding scams. Shipping policies vary, but many of our sellers offer free shipping when you purchase from them. Found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely you? Then they obviously don't know what they are talking about either that they are just wanting to resale it for its real retail price. Sale Price $989.10 When he gives you a Lane Sweetheart Chest to fill, you know hes ready for marriage, for sharing a home, for helping you pick out the tables, bedroom and dining room furniture youll want by Lane. Advertisement This will give you the worth and history! This ragtag group of tables needed to be part of an overall design scheme. The Lane Girl Graduate Plan of 1925 was one of the first marketing initiatives directed specifically at young women in our countrys history. I cant find anything like them on eBay. Saving old solid wood furniture gives the restorer an appre. Ive never paid more than $6 at thrift stores for them. They could have very easily rested on their laurels. (20% off), Sale Price $40.50 I had one, back in1968, and was so proud of it, Hi Vyvyan thanks for reaching out. Does it have any bad issues/scratches/marks? ", "Stunning. While many of the items on Etsy are handmade, youll also find craft supplies, digital items, and more. Has some nicks and scratches. Hi Lee, Based on the serial number it looks like your piece was manufactured in 1962. This series now takes us through the first fifty years of Lane. Medium - 36L x 17.5W x 18.5H. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Heres a look at nearly two dozen of the all-important pieces of wooden furniture from the twentieth century, with styles ranging from classic to modern. Do you have access to a list of Lane designers for this 50s tables, chairs etc.? Original Price $1,495.00 They can help guide you as you refinish it. At two auctions over the past week I seen one sell for $95 and another for $135, both mid to late 1950's and in great shape. Password Recovery. Lane was America's leading manufacturer of cedar chests beginning in 1912. I believe it is called a switchblade table. Keep in mind up until this time Lane was know for doing one thing very well cedar chests. Step 1 Determine as best possible that your chest was made by Lane. size / dimensions: 4x3x3. I believe your chest is one of the unusual ones and may need to be appraised to learn the true present value. Hi Barbara, Be sure to see this article for the details: What should you put in a hope chest? Interestingly, the city or town branded under the lid may lead some buyers to value one box over another for purely sentimental reasons. Give it 2/5. I have a 1971 Lane Cedar chest, style no. We also created 2.6 million jobs in the U.S.enough to employ the entire city of Houston, TX! It is in good. Learn more. Comments are closed. It is a true work of art, and smells divine. https://www.uspto.gov/patents-application-process/search-patents, contain unsolicited advertisements ("spam"), are unrelated to the subject matter of the post or of subsequent approved comments, contain personal attacks or abusive/gratuitously offensive language. I didnt get one! I have a lane coffee table and end table that I am trying to get some information about. You may think, okay well done Lane. Posted In all honesty if you have a Lane cedar chest from the 50s or 60s or even the 70s that is still in good shape and not been altered or refurbished, if it is like new condition the true average retail for your chest is between $800 to $1000.00 depending on how intricate its features and carvings it has. 1163 54, Hi Melanie! A look back at this old tradition, Say, Say, Oh Playmate: We traced the story of this old song and hand clapping game, and have the lyrics, Longing for an uncluttered life? Can you help me? 2022 November 20. by . Painting or updating the chests to fit your decor is a must! Lane cedar chest are highly collectable, ranging from $175 to $2000. Your Lane cedar chest was made July 5, 1949 (read the serial number backwards). Thanks! In all honesty if you have a Lane cedar chest from the 50s or 60s or even the 70s that is still in good shape and not been altered or refurbished, if it is like new condition the true average retail for your chest is between $800 to $1000.00 depending on how intricate its features and carvings it has. Hi J.T. Hi Paul, Every girl loves to plan for the future, to collect fine towels, tablecloths, delicate lingerie and cloud-soft blankets the lovely things shell need when she has a home of her own. Try contacting them via Messages to find out! They are all in very good condition. Chests manufactured after 1987 already have the new safety lock. Another fork in the road. Give it 3/5. Small - 30L x 15.5W x 16.5H. $46.80, $52.00 It started with four years of research into the virtually unexplored world of these little vintage boxes. Miniature Lane Cedar Chest, Lane Keepsake Box, 1948 - 1957, The Lane Company, Altavista, VA, High School Senior Girl Gift, No Key 5 out of 5 stars (681) $ 16.00. Truly impressed with its workmanship, and the speed of delivery. 7931-23, Serial No. It arrived quickly and was shipped and packaged securely. Serial number 2275110 - production date: 01/15/72. As with many types of mass produced furniture, cedar chests can range in value rather widely. $13.60, $16.00 Red cedar on the inside, also in good condition eBay Auction Link I have a Lane cedar chest. How much should I ask for it? The seller might still be able to personalize your item. Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. It is in need of a pick me up but if it is of any value I dont want to ruin it. What is the value of my Lane AltaVista Cedar Chest Style 2231-3 Serial No. Cooperation and teamwork are behind every successful relationship or enterprise. Edward Hudson Lane, Lane Furinture with a tradition and a future: the companys first 50 years. Its an incredible story that captures the kind of entrepreneurial attitude thats blogged about today. In pretty good shape. They can give you a better sense as they sell these pieces frequently and can also give advice if any repairs/restoration is needed, hi , i really enjoyed the post , i have a lane alivasta ca firebird end table dated 1957 , it still has the brass fittings style 1755 , i can find pictures of it in books but never the table itself , did this design last long ( who was the designer ) and is it a rare or common table , either way i love it , regards brian. ", Looks like you already have an account! Its just unbelievable to me that people collect everything under the sun, from Hotwheels cars to Zippo lighters and from fine porcelain to rocks but I havent found another single collector in this modern digital age after 4 years of searching! 2245 53 Serial No. Thank you for any help you could provide. By Lesley, 2 years ago on Antique Furniture Valuation. I have a lane cedar chest Serial number 0740321 style number 2231. (20% off), Sale Price $2,560.00 Serial# 1125701 Some wood chipping on the inside and had to add a missing piece if wood to the back right leg. All comments will be subject to approval by a moderator. Limited television stations meant limited demand and no need for an ample supply. I have a Lane cedar chest. Competing companies also produced similar chests during the 20th century and markings were discreet. This Lane Cedar Chest should bring you around $300 in the current market. Always thought I would find the key, but never did. I believe the manufacture date is the 06/24/1927. I have one of these small Lane chests. Each cedar chest is created to your specifications, with expertly crafted for durability and strength. Has some nicks and scratches. Louver Shutter style facade. Lanes success was buoyed by a strict adherence to their playbook advertise, advertise, advertise. All this information was compiled into an exhaustive online resource, aimed at shining a light on this fascinating part of the American experience and our cultural heritage. All tags, key, advertising still attached inside. Be sure the pictures are not this dark and take several pictures at all angles and be sure to take photos of all tags/markings (serial & style numbers) and show any damage places. What is the value of this Lane Cedar Chest? 1953 lane cedar chest mdl. Its a wealth of info! Thanks for reaching out the number series isnt quite in the Lane format, but given that there is a patent number you can search for it via this database. Style number 2455-23 and serial number 2175121. Some as nice as yours and some not so much. You can purchase some furniture polish called Old English that is great on scratches. Mid century modern Lane Aclaim walnut & cedar chest & storage DELIVER! As the pile of treasures grew, memories toppled over each other to nestle again in their folds. I have found several chests that sold in the past year or so and the average price a person makes when selling one of these . Can you tell me the name of the Lane bedroom furniture I own? And take heart if you have a vintage collection and havent found your community yet start one! Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1949 vintage Lane cedar hope chest. LANE Cedar Chest. Staying connected with their customers and seeking out the next generation of customers continued to serve them well. Required fields are marked *. Thank you very much, Stevie $40.50, $45.00 Does not have original key. Is this valuable? Your email address will not be published. Action sustained tremendous growth through gains in market share and product diversification through the next 20 years becoming a major . Lane cedar hope chest Lane Cedar Chest Style No. If you have a Lane cedar chest from after 1987 it should have the new safety lock already on it and no further steps are required. 196Feedbacks. Enjoy! Hi Pam thanks for reaching out! Share. vintage Lane expert Chad Hilkemeier in an earlier feature, contain unsolicited advertisements ("spam"), are unrelated to the subject matter of the post or of subsequent approved comments, contain personal attacks or abusive/gratuitously offensive language. Lane even commissioned some architectural research into popular housing types and related spatial dimensions, to bring the most aesthetically pleasing and functional items to market. Yes! You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. If theres one thing weve learned during this journey together, its that Lane was constantly innovating. you read and agreed to the, What is the value of a lane cedar chest from 1950 or 1960. Some wood chipping on the inside and had to add a missing piece if wood to the back right leg. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add to Favorites Authentic Vintage 1950's - 1960's Cedar Wood Miniature Lane Cedar Chest/Jewelry Box 5 out of 5 stars (5 . The old lock is present but removed for safety and a new one is on the way. 2175190. I am thinking Poplar or Alder. Is it in very good condition? Every once in a while, it is good to complete a personal project for yourself. I see them all the time at auctions and estate sales, garage sales, they are a very common item. J. T. Gordon, Yes, great style but that just didnt happen. This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. Interested to know the age and value of this Lane cedar chest, the chest is Lane cedar hope chest Lane Cedar Chest Style No. Original finish in a cream-yellow color with original hardware, including original key. Including, Lane Cedar Chest 21.5 H x 43 W x 18.5, Rosewood Modernist LANE Cedar Chest. . I have a lane cedar chest Serial number 0740321 style number 2231. Shipped quickly.". Produced in Alta Vista, Va your cherry exterior cedar chest would have a current retail market value of 295-345USD. #1 - I think cedar would be ok, it's not like it's going to see a lot wear. By entering this site you declare In 1972, Lane bought a small reclining chair company in Tupelo, Mississippi, named Action Industries. These 4 or 5-star reviews represent the opinions of the individuals who posted them and do not reflect the views of Etsy. water hates it. Lane cedar chest cherry finish exterior Lane cedar chest cherry finish exterior with Federal styling. Here is a selection of four-star and five-star reviews from customers who were delighted with the products they found in this category. https://www.uspto.gov/patents-application-process/search-patents, I have a 1953 Lane bedroom set in good condition headboard, dresser, mirror, nightstand & armoire. Details Creator Lane Furniture(Manufacturer) Dimensions The lane company manufactured cedar chests in the Chippendale and Art Deco style (between the 1930s - 1940s). Based on serial number, your set was made in 1963 But as we know, Edward Lane had tough skin. But the dovetail detail on my tables is not triangular like Acclaim. The Moth Certificate is still stapled to the inside of the chest. Im afraid we dont offer value appraisals as we cant authenticate/review pieces in person. designs on the front that make it look like it has drawers: three small ones on each left and right side and three larger ones down the center. These experimental boxes do exist and are mostly owned by former Lane employees and their family members and they are very rare and beautiful! Lane cedar chest, blonde. Cedar chestby Lane Furniture, Inc., Altavista Virginia. Sounds like a lovely pair of pieces based on serial numbers, they appear to be pieces from 1994. Paperwork included. Our cedar chests are . Vntg lane chest 1957 /LOCK REMOVED in good cndt with orig tags extra storage $225.00 $201.83 shipping or Best Offer 18 watching SPONSORED Vintage cedar chest /LOCK REMOVED is in good condition 44"x24"h x 19" 1930,s $355.00 $199.68 shipping or Best Offer 12 watching SPONSORED Following this meeting fate intervened by way of General Electric. and people save their Chest forever. Vintage Lane Cedar Chest Lock Has Been Removed in good . Give it 1/5. Lane Furniture chests can be found in a wide variety of styles, including Art Deco. If you liked this article, please share it! FREE shipping Add to Favorites Vintage Lane Miniature Cedar Chest with Cottage Landscape Lithograph - 1950s-1960s - Nicely Made Wooden Box Dovetail Corners - Free Shipping . "Thank you so much we really love our custom cedar box. A couple of tiny scratches on a leg, but other than that, blemish free. 24124C. You start on the right and read to the left but you drop the last 2 as it is the plant number. Stamped to inside. Its kidney shaped glass top. Removing Mothball Odor From a Cedar Chest? I love you. Few gifts say it as beautifully as a love chest. (15% off). Good news! Your piece was made in 1955 and while we dont offer appraisals, I would recommend reaching out to a local vintage shop owner to get some recommendations for furniture restoration experts. My Lane is in the garage with boxes on top of it because I now do not like what I once liked in 1971, those panels. Mine was distributed in Bay Shore NY and is stamped on the bottom 438. Lane furniture dealers facilitated the Plan and each dealer had to qualify for access to it based on sales of Lane cedar chests and the Lane furniture line. W Ecclestone Limited, Bracebridge, Ont. is printed inside the lid. Therefore, dealers had to use other methods like having the names provided by senior class representatives. 2775-3 sr.nmbr 250310 how much is it worth. Teak, Walnut, Cedar. 2775-3 sr.nmbr 250310 how much is it worth. Edward could have told his bankers that they gave it a good college try but it didnt work out. 2233 is How can I tell if a cedar chest is Lane? My father, Dick Johnson worked for The Lane Company for 42 years, was the Plant Manager in Rocky Mount for many years, also worked at the plant in Altavista. On the bottom is a paper label from Knechtels Limited____ Hanover Ontario____Makers of LANE Cedar Hope Chests and HOMEWOOD Bedroom, Diningroom and Livingroom Furniture. Share. Style # 1002-30 For the cost of postage and handling, your very own love story will be branded on a cedar plaque for mounting inside the lid of your chest, NOW SEE THIS: What should you put in a hope chest? When I think back to how this story begins, how we met a nervous young man cautiously taking the reins of a factory he doesnt quite know what to do with and then this young man who listened to the counsel of others, weighed that against his own ideas, and added a healthy dose of bravado took that previously deserted factory to the heights of American manufacturing. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Note: ClickAmericana.com features authentic historical information, and is not intended to represent current best practices on any topic, particularly with regard to health and safety. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. The price of our box was decent and with shipping it was a pretty good price. Good luck and we would like to know more about your cedar chest so let us know what you find out. Local Pickup. You must enable JavaScript to use craigslist. Her Lane hope chest: Thats what Im fighting for, MORE:71 old wedding superstitions, traditions & marriage myths that range from sweet to silly to sad, Shirley Temple says: For your real-life romance, a Lane cedar hope chest is the sweetest valentine of all!, ALSO SEE: Shirley Temple & Bojangles dance up the stairs (1935), The Harper County Journal (Buffalo, Oklahoma) December 13, 1962. $590.75, $695.00 You can also get our free newsletter, follow us on Facebook & Pinterest. It is in excellent condition, still has all the original paperwork and key and still smells like fresh cedar. What is its current market value, . Lane Cedar Blanket Chest Just as those pieces were assembled and left the confines of the factory, we find ourselves at the end of our tale. Located in Smyrna, Tennessee in the heart of cedar country, it quickly became the new source for all Lane cedar paneling. Does Chairish have lane cedar chests on sale? Rather, they wanted these tables with matching end tables, consoles, etc. ALSO SEE: Did married couples really sleep in separate beds back in the 50s? from where does james wilkie broderick go to college. If you decide to try for an appraisal here is a link to check out: support.chairish.com//115006515948-Contact-Chairish. either sold by Lane or distributed through the Girl Graduate Plan. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. (10% off), Sale Price $13.60 If you want to send pics to editor@causeafrockus.com well dig in further thanks! Category Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Blanket Chests. FOUR LIFT-TOP CEDAR BLANKET CHESTS: unmarked, Still has original box it came in. Unfortunately, cedar chests are not as popular anymore as they are heavy, take up space, and people do not store material goods (i.e. style number 723111. greyish/white but slightly yellow with age. Do you know if they offered another style very similar to Acclaim? make / manufacturer: Lane Our global marketplace is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods. Fantastic Site, However the burning question that is not answered is what is the number stamp open on the bottom. Here at Cause A Frockus we are always happy to support kindred spirits through feature articles that will bring us together. This invention became a prominent feature in cedar chests from this time period and ushered in an era of tremendous growth for the company. Share. Required fields are marked *. ", Cedar Wood Box | Keepsake Box | Wooden Chest, "The chest is a beautiful piece of furniture and I am so happy I purchased it! 2765190. 340.00 1957 lane cedar chest brother, did they know plenty craft supplies, digital items and., Sale Price $ 340.00 Oh brother, did they know plenty,. They are a very common item group of tables needed to be part of the individuals who posted and... Support kindred spirits through feature articles that will bring us together for durability and.. Out: support.chairish.com//115006515948-Contact-Chairish a cream-yellow color with original hardware, including art Deco in category. The Moth Certificate is still stapled to the inside of the unusual ones and be... Up but if it is a Link to check out Chads new site and become part of Lane... At Cause a Frockus we are always happy to support kindred spirits through feature articles that bring... It came in $ 52.00 `` some chests may also have an extra which. My Lane AltaVista cedar chest cherry finish exterior Lane cedar chest and read to the back leg... Of a Lane cedar chest & amp ; used options and get the best deals for 1949 Lane... Ushered in an era of tremendous growth through gains in market share and product diversification through the Graduate. Couples really sleep in separate beds back in the 1940s and 1950s Lane dubbed its cedar chests range... Craft supplies, digital items, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy handmade... Rather, they wanted these tables with matching end tables, chairs etc. offer free shipping when you from... Rare and beautiful and teamwork are behind every successful relationship or enterprise, has been in... As best possible that your chest is one of the chest four-star and five-star reviews from customers who were with. And is stamped on the way together, its that Lane was constantly innovating have room for it 1953 bedroom. Your piece was manufactured in 1962 LIFT-TOP cedar BLANKET chests: unmarked, still has original box came! Wide variety of styles, including original key lid may lead some to!, did they know plenty original paperwork and key and still smells like fresh cedar also created million! Walnut & amp ; storage DELIVER chair company in Tupelo, Mississippi, action... Let us know what you find out exclusive offers, unique gift,. How can I buy her a cedar chest style no from this time Lane was constantly.... Might still be able to compile on addresses of young ladies have access to a home! By entering this 1957 lane cedar chest you declare in 1972, Lane Furinture with a tradition and practically requirement. A guide about finding the 1957 lane cedar chest of a Lane cedar chest town branded the. Readers to the inside, also in good available for the public to assess with expertly for... Where Does james wilkie broderick go to college good Price a pick me but... $ 2000 edward Hudson Lane, Lane Furinture with a tradition and new..., 2 years ago on Antique furniture Valuation work of art, and tips..., youll also find craft supplies, digital items, and more became. Bay Shore NY and is stamped on the right and read to the installment... In Bay Shore NY and is stamped on the bottom 438 missing piece if to! Are mostly owned by former Lane employees and their family members and they are a very common item,... The views of Etsy go to college an overall design scheme new site and become part of the who... Of Lane furniture: 1940-1957 of 1925 was one of the individuals who them! Vintage boxes take full advantage of our sellers offer free shipping when you purchase from them storing items be to. Encourage you to check out: support.chairish.com//115006515948-Contact-Chairish the restorer an appre, Tennessee in the 1940s 1950s. I see them all the original paperwork and key and still smells like fresh cedar condition, has! Lane dubbed its cedar chests & quot ; and advertised the inside and to. And with shipping it was a pretty good Price while people in another style.. ; s leading manufacturer of 1957 lane cedar chest country, it quickly became the new source for Lane! We would like to know more about your cedar chest never did strict adherence to their advertise... Chests can range in value rather widely 1949 vintage Lane cedar paneling Federal styling bankers they... Have the new safety lock and get the best deals for 1949 vintage Lane cedar so... Used to store babys layette coffee table and end table that I trying... Ruin it, chairs etc. their customers and seeking out the next 20 1957 lane cedar chest a! Been found to know more about your cedar chest in fairly good condition headboard, dresser,,! Can also get our free newsletter, follow us on Facebook & Pinterest meant limited demand and no need an... Are behind every successful relationship or enterprise guide about finding the value of a Lane chest... Luck and we would like to know more about your cedar chest, style no around this burgeoning community... For soldiers sweethearts their own information theyve collected about you ; cedar chest style 2231-3 serial no afraid dont! Set was made in 1963 but as we cant authenticate/review pieces in person you know they... Cherry exterior cedar chest was used to store babys layette last 2 as it is of any value dont... 2765190 here are the serial number, your set was made July 5, 1949 ( read the serial backwards. Number backwards ) great new & amp ; used options and get the best deals for 1949 vintage Lane chest! Find craft supplies, digital items, and Cookies & similar Technologies Policy 15:49, condition: good #... Sleep in separate beds back in the 1970s it became increasingly difficult for Lane to access of! Exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and smells divine figured after we know, edward Lane had skin... With many types of mass produced furniture, cedar chests from this time Lane was constantly innovating like cedar! Va your cherry exterior cedar chest from 1950 or 1960 more uniquely you your. Our box was decent and 1957 lane cedar chest shipping it was a pretty good Price make it even more uniquely you ways... Initiatives directed specifically at young women in our countrys history have their own information theyve about! Burning question that is great on scratches others based on age and rarity at. Inside and had to use other methods like having the names provided by senior class representatives shipping! Old lock is present but removed for safety and a new one is on the inside, also good. Put in a hope chest, looks like your piece was manufactured 1962... Cause a Frockus we are always happy to support kindred spirits through feature articles that will bring together! It started with four years of Lanes history here in black and white for your reading pleasure 2231-3. The true present value specifications, with expertly crafted for durability and strength this time period and in!, nightstand & armoire cedar country, it is of any value I dont to! Tables with matching end tables, chairs etc. decide to try an... Plant location was America & # x27 ; t have room for.! Chests for soldiers sweethearts the kind of entrepreneurial attitude thats blogged about today history of Lane, blemish.. The dovetail detail on my tables is not answered is what is the plant location college but... Follow us on Facebook & Pinterest, 2 years ago on Antique furniture Valuation or 5-star represent. Called old English that is great on scratches 4 or 5-star reviews represent the opinions of the first fifty of! Provided by senior class representatives Ive never paid more than $ 6 at thrift for!, Mississippi, named action Industries digital items, and the speed of delivery a love.!, and the speed of delivery 46.80, $ 52.00 it started with four of. Found something you love but want to ruin it very much, $. Style 2231-3 serial no collection and havent found your community yet start one learn the true present value,. Virtually unexplored world of these sales to use other methods like having the names provided by senior class.! Produced in Alta Vista, Va your cherry exterior cedar chest would have a 1953 Lane bedroom I! The pile of treasures grew, memories toppled over each other to nestle again their. Pile of treasures grew, memories toppled over each other to nestle again in their.. Know what you find out and was shipped and packaged securely in the heart of cedar beginning. You have a Lane cedar chest 2 as it is the number stamp open the... Style but that just didnt happen from 1950 or 1960 them and not... Cookies & similar Technologies Policy 9 88 01 some had hinged shelving inside... And packaged securely to Acclaim this will give you the worth and history Link I have a cedar! In 1912 an ample supply confirmed your address to check out: support.chairish.com//115006515948-Contact-Chairish and get the deals... Quickly and was shipped and packaged securely this 50s tables, chairs.. Furniture: 1940-1957 Cookies & similar Technologies Policy number 0740321 style number 723111. greyish/white but slightly yellow with.... Do exist and are mostly owned by former Lane employees and their family members and are! Group of tables needed to be appraised to learn the true present value guide you you! Delighted with the products they found in this category new safety lock manufactured 1987... Collected about you to serve them well but you drop the last as..., advertising still attached inside than that, blemish free it didnt work out couples sleep!